Learning To Be A Mother Part 1

Printer-friendly version

Arabella couldn’t believe that she was going to fly for a third time. Gina was taking her to Saint Simons Island, GA for vacation. Arnold was going to meet them there.

Trigger comes running into her bedroom and starts barking at her. She looks down at the little red wolf pup.

“What did you do now?” As she picks her up off the floor and holds her in her arms.

Cadmus comes walking into the bedroom looking for the annoying wolf pup. He spots Arabella holding it in her arms.

“Hey Cadmus, is Trigger bothering you again?” She looks down at Cadmus as she held Trigger in her arms.

Cadmus looks up at the little wolf pup and growls at her. He couldn’t teach her a lesson while she was in Arabella’s arms. He feels Arabella scratch him between his ears.

“I’ll make sure she is punished.” Arabella looks down at her little wolf pup.

Her grandfather gave her the puppy a few days after she came to live with them. She told Gina about Charlie and what he made her do. Gina was calm when she grabbed her car keys and left the house. Arabella tried to run after her, but Gina had already driven off. She ran to tell Jack, but he said things will be okay.

Hours went by before Gina came back home. The next thing she knew, was Gina wrapping her arms around her and holding her. She told her that Charlie was going to be someone’s boyfriend in jail. She didn’t know what to say to that statement.

“Come on Arabella, we’re heading down to the airstrip.” Gina pokes her head into Arabella’s bedroom and notices Cadmus in there with her.

Gina looks at her adopted daughter and the red wolf pup her father gave Arabella. She and Arnold had talked about it and they decided that the three of them needed sometime together. So, she spoke to her father about using the beach house in Georgia. He gave her permission to use it and he thought it was a good idea as well for the three of them to spend time together.

Alyona was enrolled for chess camp. Haylee was at summer camp for two weeks, Silvia was taking cooking classes. They found out that she loves to cook. Debbie and Selina taught her the basics and signed her up for cooking school. Since, Haylee was at summer camp, Gina figured why not spend time as a family.

“Come on slow poke, let’s get to the airstrip. Also, don’t forget Triggers leash.” Gina just smiles at her daughter.

“I won’t forget mom.” Arabella grabs Trigger’s leash and put it on her.

She puts Trigger down on the ground and has her follow her. Cadmus stays behind Trigger to nip her if she misbehaves. Arabella hops into her mother’s hummer with Trigger sitting on her lap. Cadmus was running towards the airstrip.

“So, are you ready for two weeks of fun, Arabella?” Gina glances towards her daughter.

“I’ve never been to a beach before.” She loved her first time when she flew to go and see Arnold.

“Well, there’s a first time for everything and I think you’ll enjoy the sand and the surf.” Gina pulls the hummer up to the hangar and parks it.

The two of them get out, just as Cadmus joins them. He walks over to Gina to be petted. He loved his human.

Patricia yawns as she lands the Lear on Jack’s private airstrip. She spots Gina and her daughter waiting for her. She was going to leave this
Lear and take the one inside the hangar. Jack was selling it and she was picking up a new Lear Jet in Savannah, Georgia that Jack bought for the family.

“Hey Pat, how was Aunt Cheshire?” Gina watches as Pat exits from the plane.

“She looked good to me. She got some visitors from Memphis, Tn. Let me get the other Lear out of the hangar and put this one away.” Patricia didn’t mind changing them around.

“I’ll help you. Arabella, you stay here and make sure Trigger uses the bathroom.” As Gina walks off with Patricia to the hangar to help her switch the Lears.

“Come on Trigger, you need to potty before we get on the plane.” Arabella walks Trigger around till she does her business.

Six Hours Later:

Arabella couldn’t believe they were finally at the beach house. She could hear the waves as they crashed against the beach.

“Mom, can I go and look at the beach?” Arabella looks towards Gina as she was unloading the SUV they rented.

“Why don’t we get the car unloaded first and then you can go in the backyard and look at the Beach.” Gina could see the excitement in Arabella’s face.

“Okay.” She looks down at Cadmus “watch Trigger, Cadmus.”

Arabella helps Gina unload the SUV and afterward she goes out back with her mother and Trigger. She watches as the waves come in and crash against the beach.

“Do you want to go down to the water, Arabella?” Gina looks at Arabella.

“Can we?” Arabella wouldn’t mind walking in the surf.

“Change your shoes and let’s take a walk.” Gina switches her shoes to her sandals.

They walk down to the water with Trigger leading the way. Cadmus was with them as well. Gina steps out into the incoming wave, taking Arabella with her. Their feet get covered by the cold ocean water.

Arabella shivers when the water hits her bare feet. She watches as the water retreated and was coming back towards them again. She stands there holding Gina’s hand as the waves come in. She looks over towards Trigger notices she was staying away from the water. Cadmus was standing near her.

Gina just holds Arabella’s hand as they stand and watch the waves as they come in. After a while “lets head back inside and get ready for bed. We can come back out here tomorrow before we go to the grocery store.”

“Okay, mom.” Arabella hugs Gina.

They walk back towards the house. Cadmus keeps Trigger from exploring. Arabella heads towards the bedroom she was sleeping in. She opens her suitcase and dig out her nightgown and a clean pair of panties. She takes a shower and gives Trigger one as well, since she was already in the shower with her.

Trigger didn’t like it, but she tolerated it. When they go to bed, Trigger curls up near Arabella’s head. Cadmus went to sleep with Gina. Arabella was excited, but she finally falls asleep.

Around seven in the morning, Arabella is woken-up by Trigger. She wanted to go out and do her business. Arabella rubs her eyes and head towards the sliding glass doors in the dining room and take Trigger outside to do her business. Arabella watches the little wolf pup as she explores around, looking for a spot to do her business.

After a while, she finally finds the perfect spot and does her business. She looks towards Arabella.

“That’s a good girl.” Arabella picks her up and pets her.

“Did Trigger do her business?” Gina had gotten up and went to check on Arabella to see if she was alright.

“Yes, ma’am. When does Arnold arrive?” Arabella thought Arnold would be here at the beach house already.

“He’ll be here by lunchtime. We’re going to go and pick him up at the airport.” Gina couldn’t wait for Arnold to arrive. She bought some new lingerie to wear to turn him on.

“I can’t wait to go swimming.” Arabella wanted to know what it was like to swim in the ocean.

“Well, let's go and get some breakfast.” Gina knew she was going to need to go by the grocery store afterward.

“Okay, mom.” Arabella heads back to her bedroom and gets dress.

She gets dress in a nice sundress that Gina bought her. They had gone shopping for summer clothes.

“You got to stay here Trigger.” She places Trigger on the floor.

She knew Cadmus would keep Trigger out of trouble while they were gone. The first place they go is a nice hole in the wall restaurant near the house. It was called the Sand Castle and had a nice beach feel to it.

Dolores notices an oriental woman with a young short dark brown hair girl walking next to her. The woman looked like she was either retired military or a business owner form the way she carried herself. The young girl that was with her, she notices she stays close to her.

Dolores walks over towards the table they took “good morning, I’m Dolores and I’ll be your server. Is there anything you would like, while you look through the menus?”

Arabella smiles at Dolores “I would like a pineapple and orange juice mixed drink.”

Dolores writes the order down “how about you ma’am?”

“Just coffee for me please.” Gina already knew what she wanted for breakfast, but she’ll give Arabella time to decide.

“I’ll be back in a few minutes with your coffee and juice.” Dolores turns around and heads towards Larry at the bar.

Arabella looks through the menu trying to decide what she wanted. Gina always lets her get whatever she wanted. She looks at her mom.

“What are you getting for breakfast, mom?” Arabella was curious.

“I’m getting their number five. Two eggs, cheese grits, bacon, and toast.” Gina loved grits, especially if they were cooked right.

Arabella figures she’ll try their Spanish omelet. She closes the menu and looks around the place. The place wasn’t very busy and there were a few people already up at the bar. One guy looked to be as old as her grandfather, except her grandfather was in better condition. The guy next to him reminded her of a person knew named Fred. Fred worked at Firestone and repaired cars for a living.

Dolores walks back over with their drink order. She places the cup of coffee on the table before Gina. She hands the pineapple and orange juice mix to Arabella.

“Thank you, Dolores.” Arabella accepts the glass.

“Your welcome sweetie. Have you decided what you would like, or would you need more time to decide.”

“I think we’re ready to order.” Gina looks to Arabella to see if she was ready.

“I’m ready, mom.” Arabella closes the menu and hands it to Gina.

Dolores looks at the young woman and then back at the teenage girl. She had to be at least ten or twelve years old. The young woman had to be either in her late teens or early twenties.

“I’ll have your number five with sunny side eggs and if you could drape them over the grits.” Gina watches as Dolores writes her order down.

“And for you, Ms.” Dolores looks towards Arabella.

“I’ll have the Spanish omelet please.” Arabella hands the menu to her mom.

Dolores writes the order down. “it will only be a little while.”

“Thank you.” Gina watches as Dolores walks off.

Arabella looks towards her mother “do you think Trigger is going to be okay?”

“She’ll be okay, sweetie. Cadmus will make sure of that.” Gina knew Cadmus will make sure Trigger behaved herself.

Gina was surprised her father gave Arabella a little Red Wolf pup. According to her father, a friend of his in North Carolina found her abandoned. They didn’t know what happened to her parents. So, they called Jack since he was an expert on wolves.

Gina knew Trigger was going to be smaller than the wolves they breed and raised. Still, she will get the same training all the wolves get. She was the perfect wolf pup for Arabella to raise. Haylee was given a Mustang of her own and could ride Evening Star whenever she wanted too.
She knew Haylee wanted to be a veterinarian after watching Cheshire and Jack. She also wanted to ride in the rodeo like Debbie did. Arabella on the other hand, she liked computers and video games. She showed an aptitude for being a hacker.

The breakfast they had was nice and they left Dolores a hefty tip. Gina takes Arabella grocery shopping. They buy two weeks’ worth of groceries and some treats for the wolves. Gina normally gives Cadmus beef jerky as a treat. So, Arabella picks some out for Trigger.

Back at The House:
Arnold texted Gina that he was going to take a taxi to the house. She texted him the entry code and warn him that Cadmus and Trigger were guarding the place. He hasn’t met Trigger yet, but he knows Cadmus. He opens the door and is greeted by Cadmus.

“Hey boy. It’s just me.” Arnold knew to stand still, till Cadmus decides to trust him.

Cadmus comes up and sniffs him. Once he verifies it was Arnold he wags his tail. Arnold stretches him between his ears. Arnold hears another growling sound and spots the little red wolf puppy that Gina told him about.

“Heal!”

Arnold watches as Trigger stops growling and look at him. She approaches slowly towards him. She sniffs him and looks up at him as she lets
out a little growl. She walks away from him and back in the kitchen.

Cadmus follows behind him as he heads towards the Master bedroom. He could see that Gina has already put her clothes away. Cadmus
jumps up on the bed and watches Arnold as he puts his stuff away. He wonders how Arabella will accept him for the next two weeks. He only got to spend the weekend with her when Gina brought her out to meet him.

Arnold could tell when Gina and Arabella arrived. Both wolves run tot eh front door as Gina comes walking with grocery bags in her hands, followed by Arabella with groceries in her hand.

“Here let me help you ladies.” Arnold takes some bags out of Gina’s hand, as he gives her a kiss.

Arabella just smiles at her mom and Arnold as she sets her bags down on the counter. She heads back outside to grab more. Arnold follows
behind her as Cadmus keeps Trigger from getting underfoot.

“So, how has your vacation been so far, Arabella?” Arnold looks at the young girl.

“Okay, I guess. We went down tot eh beach when we got here. This morning we went to the Sand Castle for breakfast.” Arabella picks up several bags and carries them inside.

“Well, after we get everything put away and make some lunch. We’ll all go down to the beach, so you can play in the water.” Arnold carries in the last of the groceries into the kitchen.

Arabella helps Gina and Arnold put away the groceries. Once the groceries are put away, Gina fixes a simple lunch for everyone. Nothing too fancy or complex. Arabella slips a few beef jerky strips to Trigger she bought for her and a few to Cadmus as well for being so good.

“Arabella, go and put your swimsuit on and grab your beach bag.” Gina looks at her daughter.

“Alright, mommy.” Arabella heads towards her bedroom to change.

“Why don’t we go and change as well, sweetie.” Arnold wraps his arm around Gina’s waist and escorted her to the bedroom.

He watches as she undresses. He knew she didn’t mind him seeing her naked body. He also knew how she got her figure and how she suffered because of it. She maintained her figured by a rigor exercising regiment.

Gina didn’t have an ounce of fat on her body. Arnold walks over and helps her with her top. He holds her against his bare chest.

“Have I told you how much I love you?”

“Not lately.” As she turns around in his arms and stands on her tiptoes and gives him a kiss.

Arnold slips his hand under her bikini bottom and lifts her up, till her legs were wrapped around his waist. He kisses her as he held her bottom.
“I am going to worship your body tonight after Arabella goes to bed.” He looks into her unusual eye color.

She had bright green eyes. Arnold just holds Gina’s bikini bottom for a little longer, before she releases her legs from around Arnold’s waist.

“Let’s go and join Arabella.” Gina grabs her beach bag.

Arnold follows behind her, watching her cute little butt as it wiggles back and forth. He spots Arabella standing by the sliding glass door with her towel and beach bag. Trigger was on her leash. He Cadmus was behind them.

“You ready kiddo?” Arnold wonders if Arabella will like the beach.

“Yes, sir.” Arabella still felt a little nervous around Arnold, but if Gina trusted him and Cadmus trusted him. Then he couldn’t be too bad.

They find a nice spot on the beach, not too far from the house to set-up. Once Gina and Arnold have set-up everything. They look towards Arabella “you ready kiddo to have some fun?”

“Yes, ma’am and sir.”

Gina takes one hand of Arabella’s. Arnold takes the other hand of Arabella and together they walk out towards the waves and slowly wade out
into the water. Trigger runs up to Cadmus as he runs out into the ocean, following Gina and Arnold.

Arabella shivers from the cold water hitting her warm skin. She had put on a one-piece swimsuit that Gina bought her. It was a bright color, so Gina could keep an eye on her. They keep going deeper and deeper till Arabella must hold onto Arnold for support.

Cadmus had Trigger with him as he swam out to them. Gina takes Trigger from Cadmus and held onto her. She wiggles in Gina’s arms.

Arabella lets go of Arnold and swim over to Gina. Once she gets to Gina, she holds onto on her. They move a little more towards the beach, so
Arabella could stand without holding onto anyone. She takes Trigger and let her doggy paddle towards her.

They play for a while out in the ocean. Every time Arabella feel her self-getting to far from Arnold and Gina. She swims back towards them with
Trigger besides her. Gina shows her how to body surf.

Gina loses her bottom when a strong wave catches her and pull her bottom off. She quickly recovers it and puts it back on.

“Are you alright mom?” Arabella was grinning

“Oh, I wish I had a camera to catch that.” Arnold had an evil smile on his face.

“Too bad you didn’t, because I’m not letting that happen again.” Gina heads towards their stuff and grabs a bottled water.

“Gabh!” Arnold throws a frisbee for Cadmus to catch.

Cadmus jumps up and catches it. He brings it over to Arnold.

“Thank you, Cadmus.” Arnold takes it and throws it again for Cadmus to catch.

Cadmus catches it and brings it to him. Arnold looks at the poor frisbee. It was chewed up from Cadmus catching.

“Can I try?” Arabella wanted to see if Cadmus would catch it for her.

“Remember, Arabella. Cadmus only respond to commands in Gaelic.” Gina looks towards her daughter.

“Okay, mom.” Arabella looks at Cadmus.

“Gabh!” Arabella tosses the frisbee.

Cadmus runs and catches it. He brings it back to her.

“Good boy, Cadmus.” Arabella pets him.

She plays with him for a while. Trigger gets into it but can’t jump high enough to catch it. Arabella throws some low ones for Trigger to catch.

Arnolds goes out and plays frisbee with Arabella. He doesn’t mind being a father and being there for Arabella. She needs a positive father figure in her life.

Gina sits on her towel and pet Trigger, while Cadmus, Arabella, and Arnold play with the frisbee. A smile appears on her face as she sees Arnold tickle, Arabella. The giggling sound from Arabella was a reinsurance that Arabella felt comfortable with Arnold.

Trigger wiggles free from Gina’s grip and runs out towards Arabella. She watches as the little wolf joins Arabella and Arnold. She got to thinking that maybe she should move their wedding date from October to maybe September. She so much wanted to marry Arnold. She has known that, since the first day she meet him at school. He has always been the one man, besides her uncles and father that she has felt comfortable around.

Now, she can see adopting Arabella was a good idea. Arabella can see what a father is suppose to be like and be there for her. Just like her father was for her.

up
201 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Follows events from

Lonely Child (updated). Gina has adopted Arabella as her own child. The thing is, Gina is only 21yrs. old. and Arabella is 12yrs. old. Arnold has been Gina's boyfriend since Never Pull on the tail of a Wolf (revised) Gina’s and Julia’s First Week of School Part 3.

garfieldwritingsf.jpg
If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison