A New Home Chapter 12

Printer-friendly version

Joe and Asoese look at the two women standing before them. They were dressed in white embroidered maxi dresses and had ancient Greek sandals on. Asoese recognized one of them right away from the description his adopted daughter Kayla gave him.

“You said they just appeared on your doorstep?” Joe looks at his second in command.

“Actually, sirs. We were sent to you by the Demi-goddess Leto. Her daughter Angela and niece Theia said you have been looking in on me.” Roberta was directing her statement towards Joe.

Pauline was looking at Joe. The wolf spirit inside her found him fascinating. She felt herself getting wet down in between her legs. This was a strange feeling for her.

Joe notices the auburn colored hair one was staring at him. Normally, that would be a sign of challenge to his wolf, but that wasn’t the case.
His wolf comes forward to look at the strange one. She had nice wide hips that could carry his pups. She had an ample chest to feed his children and lightly tanned skin. She had a motherly build to her.

“Mmmm, yummy.” The wolf wanted to take her and make her his right away.

Joe had to reign his wolf in. He had to get a hold of his feelings for this woman. He didn’t know anything about her or who this Demi-Goddess that dropped them at their front door? He’ll have to ask Jackie if she knows this other demi-goddess.

Roberta and Pauline had been a little scared when they were left in front of a large log house by Angela and Theia. They didn’t know what to expect. When they looked around to see where they were, all they could see were some cars and trucks surrounded by trees. They could smell the fresh air, the pine, and oak.

Their wolves loved the smell. It made them feel at home. They could smell other wolves, a cat and a fox. Roberta was used to her enhanced the sense of smell, but her friend Pauline wasn’t. When the door was opened, they were startled. The person that opened the door was a huge Samoan. Both women could feel his power and smell that he was a wolf, but he had the scent of a cat and a fox on him.

Roberta glances towards her friend Pauline and could smell she was turned on by the leader of the pack. She wonders if she had a mate among the pack.

“No, our mate isn’t here.” Roberta was startled when she heard her wolf speak to her.

“You’re welcome to stay with us and join our pack. Ted will show you to your room.” Joe had mentally summoned Ted to the conference room.

“Thank you.” Roberta glances towards Pauline, but she hadn’t taken her eyes off the leader of the pack.

Pauline didn’t know what to do. She wanted to jump Joe right here, right now. She felt her wolf take control of her body. She sashay’s over towards Joe and leans over the table he was sitting behind. She lets out a low growling sound from her deep in her throat.

“Joe, I think you better mate her right now. Because I don’t think she is going to let you out of this room.” Asoese follows Roberta and Ted out of the room.

He made sure to lock the door behind him. He figures Joe was going to be awhile with his new wife. He wonders who this Leto and Angela person was. He had never met anyone by that name before.

He looks at Roberta’s and couldn’t believe this was the same person his daughter told him about. “If you don’t mind me asking. Didn’t you use to be male?”

“Yes. I was once a male, but the person who found and tended to my wounds said if I ever wanted to make my insides feel like I felt on the
inside. Her mother would be able to change me.” Roberta didn’t think Leto would be able too, but after meeting her. She was a believer now.

Ted shows Roberta her room. Roberta saw she could step out on a deck and see everything down on the lake. She notices there was a running path by the lake.

“Thank you, Ted, and Asoese.” Roberta wasn’t sure she and Pauline would have been accepted, but they were.

“Daddy!” Kayla comes running over to Asoese and throws her arms around him.

Roberta looks at the little red haired girl as she is picked up by Asoese. She couldn’t see any features in her that would say she was related to Asoese, but she could smell Asoese scent on her. There was another scent as well. A powerful cat scents.

“Roberta, I would like you to meet my daughter Kayla.”

Kayla looks at Roberta and recognized her wolf “you’re different.”

Roberta was shocked at that statement. How did this little girl know her and how she use to look and how did her father know she uses to be a male as well.

“Do I know you?” Roberta was curious.

“No ma’am, but I know you and your wolf.” Kayla had a playful smile on her face.

“How do you know me?”

“I can locate unique individuals. You used to have a male body, but a female wolf inside of you.” There was a teasing smile on her face.

Roberta just looks at Kayla as Asoese held her in his arms. She wonders why Kayla checked her out. Did she do it on orders from Joe or curiosity?

“Where’s your mother at?” Asoese looks into his daughter’s emerald green eyes.

“Mom is making sure the groceries are unloaded and put away.”

“Ah.” Asoese looks back towards Roberta.

“Feel free to explore the grounds and house. If you have any questions or need anything. Just ask me or my wife.”

“What does your wife look like?” Roberta was curious.

“She has light brown hair, lightly tanned skin and is about average height. The unique thing you’ll recognize about her is her eyes. She has cat
pupils. Her name is Jackie”

“Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.” Asoese leaves Ted to help Roberta settle in.

Kayla had a smile on her face. She giggles as she holds onto her father.

“What are you giggling about?” Asoese tickles Kayla’s side.

“Nothing.” As she lays her head on Asoese’s shoulder.

Asoese heads down to the kitchen, where he finds Jackie busy putting groceries away. She was standing on her tip toes trying to put a box of dry mash potatoes away. They went to the top shelf of the cabinet they were stored in.

“Need help?” Asoese walks over to help his wife.

“Nope, I got it.” Jackie jumps up and bumps the box onto the self.

Kayla claps her hand at her mother’s success.

Jackie turns around and bows to her daughters clapping. Afterward, she stands back up and grabs a few more items to put away. She watches as Asoese sets Kayla on the counter and starts helping. They come to a box of cookies that Asoese knows Kayla likes.

“Give me, give me.” Kayla was reaching for them.

“Jackie, can Kayla have these cookies?” Asoese turns to look at Jackie before handing them over.

“Yes, she can have them, but she better not opening them.” Jackie looks at Kayla when she says that.

“I won't mommy.” Kayla holds onto her cookies after her father hands them to her.

“I heard we just got two new women that joined our pack.” As Jackie kneels to pull items away below the counter.

“Yep. One of them is named Roberts. She was the one Kayla told us that had a female wolf inside of her, but she uses to be male. Her partner Pauline, well we won’t be seeing her and Joe for the rest of the day.”

“You mean, he finally found his mate?” Jackie stops what she was doing to look at her husband.

“Yep.”

“Oh, Candy isn’t going to like that. She still thinks because the two of us were the only women in the pack before Kayla came around. That she had all the men for herself and she wanted to be Joe’s bitch.”

“You know our wolves are the ones who chose our mates. Now, Candy is going to have to get used to being bossed around.” Asoese couldn’t wait till Candy finds out.

“I know who Candy’s and Roberta’s mates are.” Kayla looks towards her parents.

“Who are they, Kayla?” Jackie was curious.

“Roberta’s is an alpha by the name of Bryan Hudson. Candy’s mate is an alpha as well and his name is Clark Leon.”

“Clark Leon? Oh man, I feel sorry for him with Candy.” Asoese had a smile on his face.

“Why do you feel sorry for him?” Jackie was curious because she has never heard or met Clark Leon before.

“He’s really strict about protocol and rules for his pack.”

“What area does he control?” Jackie wonders why he is so strict.

“He controls Atlanta, Georgia. His family was one of the founding families of Atlanta. He was turned back during the Civil War.” Asoese remembered meeting him once. The two of them really didn’t get along, but he was well respected. He had a truce with the vampire lord of that area.

“So, he will expect Candy to act like a southern lady?”

“Yep. However, Candy will love it, because Clark has been waiting a long time for a mate.” Asoese knew Clark has been wanting a mate for ages.

“Okay, now that I know about candy’s mate. What do you know about Roberta’s mate?” Jackie was curious about Bryan.

“Bryan is the Alpha of the Flagstaff pack, which is neutral territory. You go there when you want to negotiate a treaty or territory on neutral grounds. He doesn’t take sides and his people will enforce all diplomatic rules and regulations. They won’t hesitate to kill you if you break the rules in their territory. He also travels around visiting other packs to make sure his records are up to date. He emailed me a couple of days ago saying he’ll be stopping by.” Asoese was preparing for Bryan’s visit.

“Cool, maybe we can set the two of them up.” Jackie walks over and places a kiss on Asoese’s lip.

“Ah mom, not in the kitchen.” Kayla covers her eyes.

“We’re not going to have sex in the kitchen Kayla. Joe would kill us if we do.” Jackie walks over and ruffles her daughter's long red hair.

“Out you two. I need to get dinner ready.” Sakiya came walking into the kitchen.

“We’re leaving.” Jackie picks up Kayla and leaves the kitchen so Sakiya can cook dinner for the pack.

up
189 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

It looks like I was right.

Robert and Pauley, now Roberta and Pauline, were changed with Leto's help, then placed with Joe's pack.

Pauline and Joe hit it off like a pair of big rockets going bang. LOL

That's interesting about Roberta and Candy becoming mates to two of the were council's investigators/examiners. I'll bet Bryan will be surprised by finding his mate, Roberta, when they finally meet as Bryan does his rounds examining the new packs looking to be recognized.

I have no idea how Clark might react to Candy being his mate, as I don't recall seeing any info about Clark except for the brief bit Job gave to Erin as they were waiting for Bryan to show up about their petition to form a recognized pack in Chapter 17 of The Birth of a Coywolf.

Question not answered?

Jamie Lee's picture

Um...how did Kayla know the mates for Roberta and Candy? Has her ability to know these things tie in with what she went through and being adopted? Her abilities make her valuable.

Others have feelings too.