Almost Fiance' Part 2

Printer-friendly version
Almost Fiancé

Part 2

By Nina Adams

Screen Shot 2018-06-06 at 6.10.12 PM_0.jpg

This is part 2 of a story I wrote a while back that I recently edited. In this section the challenge begins to move along just fast enough for Lyle to get drawn deeply in. The reluctance is offset by some obvious enjoyment.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part 2

Chapter 4:

When I saw Jessi Monday evening she seemed very distracted. She said it was just some issues between her and her mother. I knew she was trying to process something. She didn’t look upset, just not all there. A couple of times she began to talk with me only to abruptly interject some random thing she saw while out with her mother. She later decided to turn in early. Before quietly slipping into bed she asked me to plan on having breakfast alone with her. We did that a lot, so it was weird that she mentioned it before bed.

We made breakfast together the next morning and sat out on the deck by the pool. It was always fun cooking with her and I know she had something on her mind she wanted to talk about. It was a beautiful morning even if I sensed something coming. I was clueless, but I knew she had been thinking about it since at least last night.

“Lyle, can we talk about a couple of things?”

“I knew something was up. Of course. Did I do something?”

“No, no … you’ve been great. Just a couple of things came up that I wanted to run by you.”

“Sure, is everything OK?”

“Yes, it’s nothing that serious, but I want to ask you a couple of favors.”

“Anything sweetie. You know that.”

“Well first, I wanted to know if it would be OK if I left you here with my Mom so I could accompany my Dad to Chicago to help him with his big new project. I would probably be gone two nights. I know you probably don’t want to be all alone with just my mother, but it would be a great way for you to have quality time together.”

“I’m not sure she would like that, but if it means a lot to you, I can survive a couple of days hanging with your mom.”

“That’s great.”

“You said a couple of things. That one wasn’t something that should be making you so distracted. What else is on your mind?”

“Lyle, the second one is more complicated. I am not even sure where to start.”

“Wow. I have not seen you this nervous since those four finals in two days during second semester junior year.”

“Try not to say too much until I explain the whole thing.”

“Sure baby.”

“This Saturday is the Art Institute Gala dinner at which time they will unveil two new master artworks just acquired by the museum. This is a really big night for my parents, especially my dad. As my folks describe it, it is a formal Costume Party. Not like Halloween, but fancy ball gowns and stuff like that. People dress in some crazy expensive getups but all appropriate for the important occasion that this signifies. Many of the folks are hardly recognizable in their theatrical looks, but it is always appropriate formal costumes. My folks will be at the head table and my father will even be making a speech and unveiling one of the works.”

“I’d love to go, but I probably need to get something to wear.”

“That’s good, but I kind of talked with mom yesterday and for me I would really like you to wear something extra special. My mother will help you pick it out while I am gone.”

“I said I was good to go. I’m sure she knows better than me what to wear.”

“Lyle, Mom and I talked about a lot of things yesterday and your experience as Lyla came up. I’m really sorry.”

“My God. She must think I am a freak or worse.”

“No not at all. I told her I was totally good with it and my only issue is that I never got to see you all dolled up.”

“She still wants to be help me find something fancy enough and stay here with just me. Did you really need to tell her that?”

“It kind of came up when she referred to Saturday’s event as a costume ball. I began to smile because of our last chat about you wearing your costume. She managed to get me talking and truthfully we keep very little from each other.”

“Should I say anything to her?”

“I was hoping you would say yes.”

“Huh?”

“For me, you and even for my parents, I was hoping you would agree to go to the party as Lyla.”

“You’re joking. Right?”

“I’m not. I told her that I would have enjoyed seeing you all made up and she thought it would be fun too. She was quick to volunteer to help you get ready.”

“You want your mother to help your almost Fiancé dress as a woman.”

“When you say it that way, it does sound a bit crazy.”

“It is crazy.”

“It probably felt crazy the first time, but I know from how you told me about it, that once you got over that is was sort of fun. This time I will be with you and my mother will make sure you are truly pampered. No one is going to laugh and she will make sure everything is perfect for you.”

“That was three years ago. I am 21 now. This isn’t a frat house I will be going to. I don’t want to embarrass myself or even your family. There will be people there looking all fancied up in their ball costumes and you will walk in with your boyfriend looking like a buffoon. “

“That’s not going to happen. First off, I bet you will look very nice and I won’t let you go if I don’t think you can pull it off. I will make sure you have a fancy tux at the house, if when I get back from Chicago either of us don’t think you look great.”

“Your Mom really said she wants to help her potential son-in-law play dress up for a party?”

“It was actually her idea after I spilled the beans.”

“This is getting very surreal.”

“She said she would do whatever it took for it to be fun for both of us. I believe she really wants to help you. She has great taste…that’s where I get mine. I know this is not what you expected, but do t for us. I want to see you looking regal and after you get over the shock, I think you will enjoy it more than you might admit. Dressing up like this will be so much more fun than wearing just a sweater, skirt and keds.”

“Can I think about it?”

“Sure, until breakfast is over. I need to know so I can plan to go with Dad tomorrow on the business trip. It’s probably better that you don’t have to think about it very long.”

“Really? What if I decide later to back out?”

“Beside me being a tiny bit disappointed, I guess that would be understandable. My mother is going to spend more than a few bucks on you, so I expect you to give it your best shot and cooperate. She knows what she is doing. Trust me. If once you have given it fair shot you decide it’s too hard or you absolutely can’t do it, I will understand. Both of you can keep me updated along the way.”

“So?”

I gave her a crooked, but affirmative nod.

“This is going to be spectacular. I am so excited. After breakfast and a quick stop in our bedroom for some closed-door celebration, I will let Mom know Lyla is on board.”

After rolling my eyes at the last comment, I followed her into the bedroom for some very passionate sex. We were both highly aroused as we leaped into bed together.

Chapter 5:

“David, maybe after Jessica see’s him as something less manly than the boy she fell in love with, she will reconsider getting married.”

“Sophia, you know I am less than thrilled at her surprise pronouncement, but I think she should be making her own decisions.”

“I do too. I just think that if we give Lyle a chance to express part of himself that she has not seen, it is possible that we help them both.”

“We both know your plan is geared to more than just help them out.”

“Of course, I had hoped she would marry some important socialite, but I also don’t want to hurt either of them. He is a sweet kid and has treated our baby very nicely. If after the weekend they still feel the same, I will happily welcome him to the family.”

“I still am not sure about this plan to dress him as a woman for the benefit. This is our most important night and I don’t want to make a scene there. It wouldn’t be fair to him and would be embarrassing for us as well.”

“I am already on that. If he cannot completely pull it off, I will make sure Jessica or I pull the plug. I have already lined up some of my friends and called in a favor. You go on your business trip with Jessica and if anyone, including Lyle does not think they can do it, we won’t take the risk. Even if it doesn’t make it to the affair, I will make it a special experience for him. Remember, I plan to pamper and spare no expense letting Lyla have her moment. Even you would probably enjoy some of the attention she will get.”

“Very funny. You already are referring to him as her.”

“Seriously, some of what we go through to be pretty is very enjoyable. Don’t knock it if you never try it. And by the weekend you will need to get used to thinking of Lyle as Lyla. I don’t want you to be the one creating the stir.”

“Ok then, I trust you. If your idea does not go according to your plan, then change it. I mean it when I say I want the best for them. Jessica would never forgive me if we pushed them apart. “

“Remember David, Jessica already is on board with seeing him as her. I am only going to facilitate making it happen. I will be getting started right after you two catch your morning flight.”

We all had dinner Tuesday evening and I felt like crawling under the table. Everyone knew what was on the agenda for Saturday night, and for most of the dinner we all tried to avoid talking about it. Near the end of the meal the first reference to it was breached by Mrs. Johnson.

“So Jessica, I understand you and your father will be leaving the house at just after 7:00 for your flight to Chicago. Do you need any help with anything?”

“Just take good care of Lyle for me while I am gone. He’s going to be family, and just because I am gone he should still be treated that way.”

“Honey, Lyle and I are going to have so much fun. I bet you will be jealous. I promise to take the best care of him.”

“Just do your best to make him comfortable with whatever you two do. I will be checking in with him to make sure everything is good.”

“Don’t fret I will treat him just like I would treat you. I plan to get things in motion tomorrow morning. There is not much time to get him what he needs by the weekend.”

“Mrs. Johnson, do you need me in the morning or will you just be picking up the things I need?”

“Lyle, you will be part of the process at every step. Besides needing you for things like measurements and fitting, I have lined up spa and the full Salon experience. I also want you to be helping make choices along the way. It’s important that you have a say in everything, including your statement dress. Picking things out is half the fun.”

“Ok Mrs. Johnson, I guess I will just follow your lead. I will obviously have to rely on you. I’m clueless on this girl stuff.”

“Please call me Sophia, or just Mom. I am sure you will do great. Just relax and let yourself enjoy it.”

“Ok Mrs. Johnson, I mean Sophia.”

Chapter 6:

I was up for Jessica's departure. I hadn't slept that well full of nervous energy. I was anxious about what was planned. It was mostly a fear of the unknown, but I remembered that the first time it was not totally unpleasant. The idea that I might enjoy some aspect of this made feel an extra level of concern. There was a fine line between going with the flow and having a good time.

Jessica made it clear once again that I should try and bond with her mother while she was gone. Being difficult or challenging her would not help the two of them in the long-run. She wanted me to enjoy the experience, but cooperate. She also told me to become the best girl I could. She was excited to see me when she returned and said it would all be worth it in the end.

The only instructions I had been given the prior evening by Mrs. Johnson was that we would be leaving early in the morning. She also said that I should shower and wear comfortable clothes that would be easy to change in and out of.

When I sat next to Mrs. Johnson in their Mercedes S-class sedan, she gave me a big smile and said, “I bet you are excited?”

“I am something. Not sure I would describe it as excited.”

“Well I am excited for you.”

“Sophia, what kind of shop opens at 9:00am?”

“I know you want to go shopping, but we have a lot of work to get you ready for that first. Don’t worry we will have plenty of time for that later.”

“So where are we off to?”

“We are going to Nine Zero One. We need to start at the top and work our way down.”

“What is Nine Zero One?”

“You do have a lot to learn. Nine Zero One is only the most fabulous Salon in all of LA. They also have a reputation for making blondes into to starlets. I have you booked there for the works. If anyone can make you and your hair look fabulous, it’s them. It’s very private there, but don’t be surprised if you see a celebrity or two sneak in or out.”

“I thought I was just going to wear a wig.”

“We need to do this right. This is not a frat you will be going to Saturday. Anything less than perfect will make you stand out. You don’t want to look campy in your gown, do you?”

“No, but my hair is not super long. I know it is a little longer than it should be, but what can they do with it?”

“Leave it to them. They may ask a few questions, but ultimately LuLu and her team are magicians and will work wonders.”

I felt so under-dressed when we gave the car to the Valet and went inside. Sophia instructed me to check in while she walked to the back.

I made my way to the receptionist. I had never been in a place like this before. “I’m here to get my hair cut.”

“Welcome to Nine Zero One. May I have your name?:

“Lyle Adams.”

“I’m sorry, but I don’t see your name. Who made the appointment?”

“It was probably made by Sophia Johnson.”

“You must be Lyla. She has you booked with LuLu and and her team. Would you like an espresso or something else to drink.”

“Thank you, but I am fine.”

“Let me take you back to her area. You are her first appointment today and with all of your scheduled activities, I am sure she will want to get started.”

LuLu was not what I expected. She looked like a young executive, not a hairdresser. She was dressed in a power form-fitting suit. She couldn’t have been more than 35, but she was obviously captivating and very confident. She approached me and took note of my full image before greeting me. Apparently, hello was not in her vocabulary.

"Lyla is a beautiful name and soon you will have an image to match that. Are you ready to bloom?”

“I’m a little nervous, but ready.”

“Just relax. We will do all the hard things.”

“Cut away”

“In time. First a few questions.”

“K”

“Do you like being a blonde or have you ever thought of changing things up?”

“Never really considered changing colors. I like being blonde.”

“That’s fine, but I could really see you as a red head with those cute dimples you have.”

“Thank you, but lets stick to blonde.”

“How good are you at applying makeup? Do you wear a lot?”

“Seriously? I can put on chapstick. Not much beyond that.”

“Hum… hard to be truly glamorous without makeup. We can help you a bit, so you wont have to do as much on your own, but it will add a little extra time. I have a gal that can give you some private lessons at home. Before you leave I will give you her number.”

“Thank you again, but I doubt that will be necessary.”

“Let’s get started. You tomboy types never understand how much effort it takes to look beautiful. Maybe after today you will appreciate how lucky you are to have natural beauty.”

My morning went on and on. Instead of a cut, I had extensions permanently attached to my hair. Once attached, it was all bleached a golden blonde. Two technicians worked on my eyes at the same time. I thought they were attaching false eyelashes, but the smiling Asian girl called also referred to them as extensions. They were being applied individually. When done with my eyes, they did the opposite to my brows. They plucked away making me worry that they may be taking too many.

Moments after they finished I was swept up into another room and they waxed my sparse body hair. I didn’t think I had much body and leg hair, but it was still very painful. From there I was shifted to a manicure/pedicure location and received a set of summer pink acrylic extensions with matching toes.

I mistakenly assumed I was finished when I was seated at another station for makeup application. During this entire process, I was only able to get partial looks at my progress. I was told that I was finished and that Sophia was ready to take me to lunch. I began to walk into the lobby, but stopped cold in my tracks when I finally had a chance to see their work.

There was no way that anyone would recognize me. I may have had the body of a teenage boy, but my face looked like that of California Beach Babe. I blinked my eyes and watched them flutter. I felt someone tap my shoulders and ask if I was OK.

“Yes, I just can’t believe this is me.”

“We get that a lot. You are a very pretty girl.”

“I just never…”

“Lyla dear. Come and let me see how lovely you turned out.”

“Sophia, they went overboard.”

“LuLu said you picked out the color and asked for Lash Extensions. Jessica will be jealous. She hates applying false lashes when she wants to dress herself up.”

“I didn’t ask for anything. She asked me some questions and then her team went to work. LuLu mostly oversaw the process. All she did was a little trimming of my hair.”

“It looks stunning. You now have almost unlimited style options. It will be fun to pick one for Saturday. You and Jessica can decide after you pick out your gown. You can even wear it up if that’s what you want.”

“Sophia, I am speechless.”

“Lets go and get a bite. I would take you to the club, but your wardrobe is not ready for prime time.”

I never thought Mrs. Johnson would go to a chain restaurant, but she said we only had about an hour. I was afraid to ask why.

END OF PART 2 --- What could be next?

up
197 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Good story

Donna T's picture

I like the way the story builds... I'm anxious to see Jessi return and help Lyla. I'm looking forward to the next few chapters.

Donna

Cool!

WillowD's picture

I am surprised that this particular plot device is used so rarely.

Peaches by Angela Rasch is the only other case I can think of off hand where the mother tries to get the daughter to loose interest in her boyfriend / fiancee by getting the boy to dress as a girl. I've lost track of how many times I've read that book.

And now I am eagerly looking forward to the next chapter in this story. After all, in this story, we have no idea how Jessi will react.

I Ike Peaches!

gillian1968's picture

I’ve read that book a few times too.

Gillian Cairns

Wow

Sophia is having fun, at least her intentions are not too evil. I still foresee many ways this could go wrong.

Lyla gets help from future in-law's...

Looking like a beach babe doesn't sound like fitting into high society. Lyle Is cooperating but will he or Jessica like how things come out. Will Jessica be taken with how her fiance looks. Will it help or hurt how they romantically see one another. Will it change how Lyla sees herself.
Liking the flow of the story.

Hugs, Jessie C

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Welcome back!

Nina, I was so happy to see a new series from you after such a long time! You are one of my favorite and were solely missed! I hope that the muse lingers long enough for many more stories soon - I'm really enjoying this one too. Kel

Keleigh

"I was afraid to ask why."

Probably entirely justified, but it would be smarter to ask a lot of questions with this potential mother in law.

I wonder what mother will say

I wonder what mother will say if it backfires on her and they still decide to get married but want to live together as 2 women

Moving quite nicely!

I think you describe the fantasy of a "boy caught in a flash flood of femininity" so well in your stories; this is another beautifully concocted tale. I can't keep from yelling YAAAAYYY NINA'S BACK!!! I know, unseemly of me; but you are still one of my faves! (I posted as 'Psigh' on the first installment because of issues with my Sigh account). Love you, sis!

Words may be false and full of art;
Sighs are the natural language of the heart.
-Thomas Shadwell

Gala Surprise?

Steph's picture

Hello Nina,

I'm enjoying your story and loving Lyla's visit to the salon! That being said, I fear that Sophia has a special surprise planned for our loving couple, as in dates for BOTH Lyla and Jessi (a gentleman more suitable for her daughter!). I unfortunately don't see "happily ever after" in their future, at least with each other (sigh)...I do hope I'm wrong.

Steph

It's A Trap

joannebarbarella's picture

The parents, and particularly Sophia, don't want Jessica marrying Lyle, so they are doing their best to sabotage the relationship by making Lyle over into Lyla. Lyle is naively co-operating, thinking Jessica will be happy with his transformation but she will find his masculinity has totally disappeared and she won't be attracted to Lyla.

Unfortunately this is going

Monique S's picture

exacty the way I was expecting. Mother goes overboard with bad intentions. I am surprised that daddy isn't thrilled by his wifes attemptt to drive Lyle and her daughter apart. I hope he comes to the rescue at some point, or possibly accepts the Finacé to beome a Fiancée and kicks his wife's butt.

Jessica should have known better than to let her mother have her will. This should be something really private between her and Lyle, until they both know for sure what is what. I bet Lyle would have had no problem looking good in a tux for Jessica and her parents.

Sophia prooves to be anything but the wise one, that her name suggests.

Monique S

I Hope This Backfires

jengrl's picture

on Jessi’s parents with their original intent to make him less desirable to her . I know they said they would support Jessi and Lyla if they decided to stay together , but saying something and doing it are two different things .

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

This is getting interesting

Mom has everyone fooled in what her intentions are for the couple. I agree with Steph that dates are going to be presented as part of the charade to get them to rethink their relationship. I do think that Jessi has a bi curious thing going and that could be interesting too. If mom can't get the right scenario for the breakup, will Lyla be in for the long haul?

So nice so far Nina,

Santacruzman

Backfire or not?

Jamie Lee's picture

One of two things occurred when Lyle talked with the receptionest at the salon. Because he was booked as Lyla and had very good feminine facial features they believed him a tomboy, or when Sophia talked with Lulu she was told to treat Lyle as a tomboy. Either or, he definatly appeared to be a woman when the appointment was over.

So now clothing is in order after their lunch. How much and how feminine? Sophia won't make Lyla look sluty because if Jessica, and Lyle, like the results Lyla will be going to the gala.

Will Sophia make sure both ladies are accompanied to the gala? If so, will she be able to influence Jessica to go along with her idea? And if so, might she have spoken to the escorts and gave them instructions on how to treat both ladies?

David has a valid point which Sophia isn't even considering. If Jessica truly loves Lyle and finds out mom used the gala to break them up by what she put Lyle through, Sophia may lose her daughter forever. And David will tell her he told her so.

However, if Jessica goes ape over how beautiful Lyla is Sophia might gain another daughter.

Others have feelings too.