Player One chapter 2 part 4

Printer-friendly version

When did it start?” Foundling asked. As she wiped alcohol on my arm.

I took a deep breathe, “It all started last night when I went to sleep.” I licked my lips and whispered, “I had a dream.”

“A dream?” Wilbur repeated, giving a needle to Foundling.

“Yes, have you…” I hesitated, most people don’t play video games because the real world is better than a video game. “Ever played an RPG game? Or even know what those are?”

"Yes, I've been playing The Old Scrolls series ever since it came out." Said Foundling. I never expected that one. Then again, I never expected to turn into a catgirl. A needle was in her hand, pointing at me, “There’s going to be a pinch.” She drew my blood, “Okay, you next, Mrs. Alder.” Mom nodded as Wilbur prepared another needle.

“Well, then you should know what a character creation screen is.”

“I do,” Foundling replied. This old woman is cool as hell. She wiped an alcohol pad on Mom’s arm then stuck the needle in to draw blood. She gave the needle to Wilbur, “Clara, will you give these to Jared and tell him to run a paternal test and a genetic sequence scan on Molly’s blood.” She faced me, “We’re doing this to make sure that if something happens you can say that your Mom is your mother genetically.”

“Does it really work like that?”

“Yes, you’re still you even if you don’t look like the old you. All that’s changed is some of your genetics and you gained a new organ system.”

"Cool,” Well that solves one problem, “Anyway, I saw it in my dream. I thought it was just a hyper-vivid dream, but it wasn't because when I woke up, I turned into this.” I gestured to my body.

“So you made yourself a catgirl in your dream?” Foundling amused by my situation.

I laughed solemnly, "Yeah, I played a catgirl in For Courage, and I love playing a cute character that can kick major ass. I just didn't expect to be turned into this."

Foundling laughed too, “Do you have a character screen or anything like that?”

"Yeah, actually. When I close my eyes, I can see a character screen."

“What does it have on there?”

"Stats, skills, spells, and quests. You know, a simple character screen minus the inventory and minimap. I can write it down if you want?"

"Sure." Foundling said, "Wilbur?" Wilbur handed me her clipboard and a pen, and I began writing it down.

Body: 109
Strength:97
Endurance: 118
Agility: 112+100

Mind: 92
Charisma: 80
Intelligence: 119
Cunning: 76

Spirit: 104
Vitality: 100
Dexterity: 113
Perception: 100+150

Right next to the Stats:

Health 100/100
Mental 130/130
Stamina 118/118
Hunger 94/109
Thirst 100/109

Right next to the bars:

Perks:
Night vision: +50 to perception and can see in low light.
Feline senses: +100 to perception.
Feline agility: +100 to agility.

Below and to the center of all of it:

Points accumulated: 100 single stat points or 25 all-stat points.

Then I flipped to the back:

Skills:
Serenity level 3: The ability to keep one’s mind calm in the face of great adversity. +30 to the mental bar. Activates when taking a deep breath.
Persuasion level 1: Based on their intelligence stat, your charisma stat, and the objective you want to achieve. You can persuade a person of anything. +10 to charisma when persuading.
Liar, liar pants on fire level 1: Based on the target’s intelligence stat, your cunning stat, and the objective you want to lie about. You can make the target believe in a lie. +10 to cunning when formulating a lie.

Quests:

A New Beginning:
Wake up Miranda Alder in her room
Go to a Metaphysiologist
Find skills 3/10

Time to face the Music:
Meet Juno Herring and Sebastian Harkcrow tomorrow at 2:35 pm at your apartment.
Complete one full day of school.

The search for similarity
Find other therians on the internet 0/5

I handed the board back to Wilbur, and both doctors examined it. They mumbled to each other until Foundling spoke up, "Where are the spells?"

“Oh, that’s empty right now.”

They went back to mumbling to each other while Foundling wrote stuff on her clipboard. It's a bit annoying but way better than having all them ganging up on you.

Wilbur spoke up finally, “The points accumulated. What does that mean?”

“Hmm, if I had to take a guess I can put those points in the stats if I wanted.”

“What are all-stats?” Wilbur asked.

“Probably Body, Mind, and Spirit. They’re the vaguest of the stats.”

“Why haven’t you put any points into the stats?”

"Why would I risk making the wrong choice. I already made the wrong choice once, and I'm not going to do that again." I bit my lip.

Wilbur asked, “When did this happen again?”

“Last night.”

“Impossible!!” She exclaimed. “Changes like yours can't take overnight. They take years."

“What do you mean?” I asked.

Foundling, “How much do you know about the Maginary system and Aether?”

Me, “The hell are you talking about?”

Foundling, “I guess nothing. Anyway, the Maginary system is an organ system located in your bones. It’s powered and fueled by the Aether in the air and in other lifeforms. Not everyone has a maginary system, because of this when a super manifests. They tend to change form. Mostly this only happens when the individual is categorized as a Therian, Paragon, or Sorcery, and different categories change someone into different things. For example, Paragon has changes the person to their ideal body image while Sorcery changes the person into a form they think is powerful.”

Me, “What about Therians?”

Wilbur, “Therians are changed into part animal and have abilities that coincide with the animal and very very rare in the United States. The high concentration of therians are in Japan, and they have strict borders almost isolationism."

Me, “Okay, I get that, but what does that have to do with changing very fast?”

Foundling, “I was getting there. Because of where the Maginary system is located, it may take seven years to fully change into their form depending on how much the form will change their body. Three and a half if using their power every day and maybe even shorter if they get badly hurt once or twice. The point is, changes don’t happen overnight.” She took a deep breath. “And this is where your situation differs from the rest. You changed in a night and already have your powers ready to go. Only thing is you can get more powers through skills. Which makes you have the potential to become the most powerful super in the world. Provided that you don’t die too soon to become invincible.”

And like that, I felt the weight of the world press on my shoulders. I knew I had potential, but I didn't realize how much potential. This is terrifying if this gets out. Who knows whom will come after me.

I bit my lip, harder this time. Drawing blood, tears began to collect, and I could feel my heart beat increase rapidly. I’m so fucked, so very very fucked. Tears rolled down my cheeks. Maybe I should kill myself. I’d make things easier on everyone. Mom and the twins won’t suffer because of me, Juno and Kenny can just forget about me, and I don’t have to live with the weight of everything I care about falling to ashes.

Then I felt it. A warm, cozy, familiar place. “Molly.” I heard a name call to me. Was that my name? No, my name is Roland. It has been since birth. “Molly,” A soft voice called to someone named Molly again. I ignored it. It wasn’t my name after all. “Roland.” The voice finally called.

I came to my senses and answered it. “Yeah?” I looked around. I was sitting on mommy’s lap being gently petted, “What happen?”

“You had a panic attack again.”

FUCK!! Again! Why, why does this always happen. Why do I have to panic? Why can't I just be an average person and not have a panic attack? Ordinary people don't turn themselves into catgirls though. “Okay,” I said in a small voice.

“Do you want to go home?”

I nodded into Mom’s bosom. She’s pretty well developed. I wonder if Suzy will develop like that. “Can we at least make an appointment for category testing?”

“Sure, motorboat.” I was purring pretty hard.

I held her hand as we walked out. I felt like a little kid… I probably looked like a little kid holding her mother’s hand. Fuck me. I’m not arguing right now. It feels nice to do this. I always regress I have a panic attack.

"Stay right here, motorboat. I won't be long." She went off, and it really didn't take a very long time for her to come back, "I scheduled it at the Science City Acceptance Center for tomorrow.” She handed me two papers, “You are officially my kitty daughter.”

The paper said that I’m myself even though I turned into a cat loli named Molly. That rhymed lol! The other paper states basically that I’m my mother’s daughter. I’m not going into details considering I only read the important parts.

“Oh shit, it’s raining,” I said when we reached the glass door.

“Molly!” Mom snapped.

“What?”

“A lady isn’t supposed to cuss.”

“I’m not a lady, I’m a boy.” Fuck me, I don’t even know why I try anymore.

Mom put her hands on her hips, “Doesn’t matter, I’ve let you cussed so far because I know it’s a good stress relief, but you need to stop.”

“Okay.” I sighed. I just never win. I looked back out the window, “Which one is worse, running in the rain or walking?”

“How about we find out? You run, I walk.”

I smiled, “Sure, I’ve been itching to try out how fast I can go.”

When we got close to the automatic door, it opened. Mom announced, “Ready,” I took a stance, ready for the run, “Set,” I lean in. “GO!”

I sprint straight towards the car as what felt like a breakneck speed. The wind blew my fringe and long black hair back like a Super Saiyan. The feeling was powerful up until the rain was practically pelting me.

Mom was driving through traffic. I was as wet as a dog. Though I didn’t smell it, I deadpanned to Mom who was still snickering at my current electrocuted look, “It’s not funny.” I said jokingly appalled.

“Okay, it’s not funny.” Mom snickered, “It’s hilariou- Fucker! Use your god damn directional for once in your fucking pitiful life!” Oh well, the nice atmosphere ended too soon.

We drove to a bank, Mom got out, “I’ll be right back, I just need to use the ATM.” She got out and made the trek.

Minutes passed by before I saw a group of men in ski masks… with guns, heading to the same bank Mom is in. *Ding*

“Oh fuck me.”

up
146 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I didn't see

that coming. So you are going to be one of those evil writers who loves cliff hangers?

Maybe :^)

Maybe :^)

Don't worry, it'll be soon. I

Don't worry, it'll be soon. I don't take long to edit chapter 2. I may just MAY start it tomorrow. The quicker I can get these babies out. The better.

Uh oh!

Hypatia Littlewings's picture

Trial by fire! Time for her to discover her powers.

OMG!
>i<

Lol

Next chapter will be that. This is the ending of the second chapter. Which is odd, because I didn't expect it to end so shortly. Oh well. I guess I'll edit this and have it proof read

Maybe... :^)

Maybe... :^)

Oh noes!

Is kitty going to come to the rescue? I wonder if she is bullet proof.

I wonder...

I wonder if it will occur to her to call her mother using her new phone. "Mom, get out of the store! Use the back entrance!"

That would go well with her serenity score.

Kitty girls can be expressive when they need to be

I can't wait to see what Molly does next. That Dinging though... Fun story, some of stats and game stuff I'm probably not understanding. My online gaming has been limited to Fantastic Contraption.

WOW

This story is so fun, also love how the mother is telling Molly to be more lady like while swearing up a storm at bad drivers xDDDD I love this story and I cant wait for more. I don't think it's getting "too dark" and even if it does, I'd love to stiill see it. I am waiting so hard for Juno x Molly's meet up. They had such huge chemistry before, I cant wait to see how Bunny and Kitty get along now!

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D