Nora Midnight Part 19

Printer-friendly version

Nora sent email messages to all the teachers and student council. Principal Kramer and Vice Principal Bones had been briefed on Nora’s plan for the assembly that they were going to have on the bullying issues and harassment going on in school. The parents of all the students have been asked to come to the school on the day of the assembly.

She got in touch with some of her law enforcement friends and some of her friends at the local NAS office. The student council members on the day of the assembly. They are going to be dress as security officers and checking students bags as they pass through the metal detectors.
The NAS agents were going to be standing by and double checking the council members. Also, they had a list of names taken from the teachers that caused trouble in their classes. They were going to be taken aside and held till the assembly.

The people that Nora asked to come in and with the Principal’s permission we're going to give these trouble students a taste of what it is like to be treated like a convict. The students were lined up and marched to the auditorium. The parents were lead, but the students were treated as if they were in the military.

Once the parents and students were lead to the auditorium and seated. Principal Kramer gets up from his seat and walks up to the podium and look out towards the students and parents. A huge screen had been set-up on the stage behind him and it had the school logo on it.

“Good morning everyone. You have probably notice that some changes have been made over the weekend. The changes we made is in response to what happened last week. There is going to be a zero policy of bullying in this school and for those of you who think you can continue to bully your fellow students and teachers online. That will come to a stop as well. We have ways of finding out what accounts belong to who. Before we get into the cyber portion of our assembly. I want you to meet some people who have been where you kids are and how they turned their life around.”

Coreno gets up and walks up to the podium after Principal Kramer introduces him. He looks out towards all the young men and women wondering why they were here.

“How many of you think you are tough?” He watches them see who will raise their hands.

He doesn’t see notice anyone raise their hands. “Oh, come on, someone out there thinks they are tough and better than the rest of his classmates. We wouldn’t be here today if you didn’t. Well, since you’re not going, to be honest, I’m going to tell you a little of myself.”

Coreno takes a sip from his water bottle. He looks out towards the crowd and his face becomes really serious.

“When I was your age, I and my gang ruled the High School I attended. You paid me to come to school and if you didn’t like it, well let’s just say you ended leaving the school broken.” He looks at the students and he spotted the ones he was interested.

“I spent a lot of time in juvenile hall, where I had to defend myself from kids a lot bigger than me. Sometimes I won and sometimes I didn’t and was sent to the hospital. I was recruited by the Mafia and became an enforcer for them. Yes, the money was good, and it was great being recognized by them. However, there were drawbacks to that life. Being hounded by the police and under investigation by the FBI. If you think you can commit the perfect murder, think again. Everything you do comes back to haunt you. If not from your so call friends, but from your enemies. This type of life turned out to be more then I bargained for, so I left that life. The thing is, no one ever leaves the mob. Once you’re in, you’re in for life.” He looks out and notices several kids that had a regret look on their face.

He takes a sip of his water before beginning again. “Now, I bet your wondering how I got out? Here’s is how it happened. I was sent to prison for some crimes I committed, and I didn’t snitch on the organization I served. In return for keeping my mouth shut, they let me leave to restart my life. However, should I ever reveal what I know, they will come and give me a pine box burial? Is that how you kids want to be? Always wondering if someone is looking for you and watching you?”

Several students were moving their heads back and forth in a no fashion. He stays silent for a few seconds. He was letting what he said to soak in.

“If you don’t like that life, then straighten your life up. Because if you don’t, you’re going to have people like him watching your every move.” Coreno points towards Big Tony.

Several students saw the biggest State Trooper they had ever seen sitting next to Principal Kramer and Vice Principal Bones.

“Now, I’m going to turn you over to Bradley 'The Snitch' Peddicord.” He walks away, as a short man with black hair wearing a nice blue business suit steps up to the podium.

“Hello, ladies and gentlemen. Where my friend Coreno worked for the Mafia, I was independent. I find out your dirty little secrets and sold that information to whomever I can. Some of you I already know a lot about. You see when my good friend Mrs. Midnight asked me to come up here and talk with you because of the bullying some of you have been doing. I decided to see who the troublemakers are and find their dark secrets.” Bradley looks over towards the group of kids standing with the student council members and the NSA agents.

Bradley pulls out his notepad “let’s see, Samuel Harrison, you have the habit of seducing girls and talking bad about them if they don’t put out for you., Tony Johnson, you like taking pictures of the girls without them knowing., Chris Summers, you talk girls into sending you pictures they have taken of themselves either in the nude or their underwear and reposting them some where else., Sara Christen, you talk about your friends and some of the other girls that don’t do as you say. You also talk bad about some of the kids who are handicap.” He stops and looks at the people he named.

“Now, do you see how this type of information can be valuable to people to use against you?”

The people he named looked surprised and ashamed at what he said. Some of them didn’t care what he said.

“Now you know why I do what I did. I feel no shame snitching on people. I make money doing that and sometimes its needed. Why do you ask? Would you want what is going on keep going on? How would you like it if one of those kids I named, post pictures of your sister or mother? Talking about people doesn’t prove you are better, it just proves your jealous of what they are able to do and such. Now, I’m going to turn this microphone over to a very good friend of mine. She was one of the toughest girls I knew when I went to school.”

Stefania 'Diamond' Leatherbury steps up to the podium after giving Bradley a hug. She turns around and faces the audience “I’m not going to repeat what my friends said. All I’m going to say is this. You are young men and women that are going to be out in the real world, where you don’t have mommy or daddy protecting you. Where your actions will tell people who you are. Some of them don’t give a damn that you think you are tough. They are going to beat the crap out of you or kill you. You need to decide now, what type of person you want to me. Bullying others for fun or because they are weaker than you don’t cut the mustard and will ruin your life. There are people out in the world that are bigger and tougher than you. Here is one of the guys that made a difference in my life.”

Tony stands up and walks up to the podium. He hugs Stefania. The two of them were really close. After hugging her he turns to face the audience.

“Good morning, my name is Tony Rhodes or as the people on the street call me Big Tony. I’m here to talk to you because my dear friend Mrs.
Midnight, told me this school has a bullying problem. You children should know better. I’m not going to call you young adults because you’re acting like spoiled rotten children. Adults don’t act like you do. Adults take responsibility for what they do. Adults know that it's not right to bully other people. So, the word children fit you better. You need to start acting like responsible adults and do the right thing. These people you are going to school with now, could one day be your bosses or control your mortgage. If you make an enemy of them now, you may regret it later.”

He turns to face the kids that were still being surrounded “as for all of you. For you to make amends for your actions, you will be required to do a hundred hours of volunteer work, from an approved list and all your electronics and such will be fortified till you complete the hundred hours. You’ll also be on probation here at school till the hundred hours are complete. Any infractions or rules you occur or break will cause you to be expelled from school for the rest of the year. Your parents have already approved this agreement.” Big Tony spoke to the parents about the kid’s actions earlier.

Big Tony turns the podium over to Sharon and she shows the audience how she can track down all their Facebook post, twitter accounts and other Social accounts they use. She shows several students their recent post.

“Now, if you don’t think I can’t track you down or find out about your post, think again. I have offered my services to your parents and the school with your parent’s permission. I do have a question for all of you though, how many of you liked what went on this morning?” she looks around and didn’t see any hands raised.

“The only way what you experience today coming to school is going to stop, is for all of you to start acting like responsible adults and put a stop to all the harassment and bullying going on here. If this school keeps heading down this path, you’ll be seeing more security in this school as you have today.” Sharon walks away and back towards her seat.

Nora stands up and walks up to the podium “a lot of you don’t know what I use to do before I became a teacher. I was with the Diplomatic
Security Service protecting our interest overseas and our diplomats. so, I know how to spot and take care of troublemakers. Some of you have me for your classes and some of you don’t. Because of some of your fellow schoolmate’s actions, we had a shooting last week. It happened because all of you allowed the bullying in this school to escalate. It needs to come to a stop. My classroom door is always open and most of your other teacher’s door are always open as well. If you don’t feel comfortable talking to us, then go to your student council members, thats why they are here. They can bring the problem to us or Mr. Kramer or Mr. Bones to handle. The security personnel here at the school are here to protect you. Tell us if you have a problem, or if someone is bullying you. Now, I going to give you to Vice Principal Bones.”

Vice Principal Bones steps up to the podium “for the rest of week, the metal detectors and searches will continue to be a presence in our school. You will see the student council working with the security guards walking the halls, along with me and Principal Kramer.”

One of the students raises his arm.

“Go ahead, Mr. Warren.”

“Sir, you said the metal detectors and searches will be going on for the rest of the week. Are you and Mr. Kramer going to keep them after that?”

“Let me ask you this Mr. Warren, do we need to? Is there someone here bullying you?”

“No, we don’t Mr. Bones and Yes, Eric Jackson is bullying me and several other members of the chess club.”

Eric Johnson jumps up from his seat “you’re a liar Paul.” Eric was mad that Paul was telling on him.

“Keith, James, please escort Mr. Johnson over to the group.”

Two huge council members walk over to where Eric was sitting with his friends. Keith looks down at him.

“Don’t make us carry you over there, Eric.”

Eric knew Keith was on the Wrestling team, while James was on the football team. James was a huge African American, while Keith was of Irish descent.

Eric stands ups and is escorted over with the rest of the people that had been stopped earlier. Keith and James stood nearby guarding the group of students whose punishment had already been announced.

“Now is there any more question? Then, I’ll meet with the parents in my office, while the rest of you go ahead and go to your fourth bell class.”
Everyone watches as the students leave.

up
219 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Too bad all schools cannot

Too bad all schools cannot have and use this same type assembly with the same type of people to get information out to ALL students and even some teachers who believe in doing nothing or may even be involved in bullying in their own way.
I do believe it would go a long way to helping to eliminate the issues and problems so many schools see occurring today.

Bullying at school and home

It is a shame that assembly did not happen 40 years ago, but it would have been very hard for me to have admitted who was bullying me as it not only occurred at school but at home too at the hand of my father. The bullying from my father was both physical and mental and when I was referred for counseling the mental abuse was stepped up to the next level and the referral was denied. He had a position of power within the government such that he could turn the tables on any challenge that came from child and family services. Not only did this man bully but when it came time that I could leave for higher education, not only did he try to rule what my living situation would have been but then he basically told me that I would have to do my first 2 years at home. How would I have ever been able to get help against this bully in my own home.

A continuing program

is key, it is way too easy to backslide.

Outside of school

Jamie Lee's picture

Getting bullying stopped at school doesn't necessarily stop it outside of school. The person reporting the bully might be an easy target when not in school, then what do they do? Report it to the police? Would they do anything without a witness to back up the report?

Kids in shool don't often think about the kid who is tougher and meaner then they are, so they learn the hard way what it's like to get their butt kicked. Or worse.

Others have feelings too.