Player One chapter 2 part 3

Printer-friendly version

The wind of the Thursday afternoon felt good as we drove down the bustling city before reaching the hospitals.

“In a quarter mile, go right and your destination should be on the left.” An electronic voice coming from Mom’s stated. We don’t normally go to the hospital and if we do need something like that, we go to the Hospital where Mom works.

“You FUCKING SHIT FACED CUM DUMPSTER OF A HUMAN BEING. Use your fucking blinker!!” Mom shrieked. I forgot to mention Mom has road rage.

“Mom, calm down, we’re almost there.”

“I AM CALM!” She snapped, panting. This is why I’m scared to learn driving. Not like it matters now.

She took the right and then drove into the parking lot with the building that was numbered 019. There’s a lot of hospital buildings.

We parked and Mom panted, catching her breath. “Are you okay, Mom?” I asked. I hate seeing her like this.

Mom took a deep breathe, “Yeah, sorry, Molly,” The name still sounded foreign to me. “You know how stressed I get when I’m driving.” It’s why we live close to her hospital.

“It’s over now. Let’s just chill for a second and get this appointment over with.” We sat there in silence as the clouds of the azure sky began to cluster. “You think it’s gonna rai-” A buzz vibrated in my pocket. It was my new phone. I pulled it out.

“Molly, what is it?”

“Oh, it’s nothing just a text from Juno.”

The text read, ‘Hey, where are you?’

I text back ‘I’m sick’

‘Jeez, that sucked. You also left your bike at my house. I’ll bring it over you today’

“No!” I yelped also replying back with the same answer.

“No? What’s wrong, Motorboat?” Mom worried.

“Nothing, just Juno wants to come over with my bike today. I forgot about it at his house.” I bite my trembling lip, “I ca-can’t let him see me right now. I just can’t!”

“Molly,” Mom said gently stroking my ears. “You’ll have to face the music sometime.”

I take a deep breath *Ding*. That noise is getting irritating. “You’re right.”

I texted, ‘Tomorrow, sure. We’re not at home right now and I don’t know how long it’ll be until then.’ *Ding*

‘Oh shit, are you okay?’

‘Yeah, just also needed a routine checkup’

‘Ok, cool. Get well. Kenny says Hi’ I giggled.

“You ready, Molly?” I nodded and we made our way indoors and the sign in area. The person sitting up front is a brunette in scrubs. “Molly, why don’t you sit down. It’ll only take a second.”

I did just that and found myself situation by a TV. The TV had on a national wild-meta documentary, showing all the animals.

“The dragon is a powerful creature,” Said the narrator, “It’s a flying fire-breathing fortress.” A giant scaled monster soared through the sky before landing on four legs by a cave. Baby dragons peaked out of the cave and began chirping a vicious chirp. “But, dragons can be loving.” The giant beast began licking it’s young as they began nursing on dragon teats. “Not many know that dragons have a mammal like ability to feed their young with milk.” The scene was powerful. Showing that dragons aren’t the calamities we once thought of them as.

“THIS. IS. SO. COOL!!!!” An androgynous person danced around. “I hope one day that I’ll be a mother like that.” The girl(?) said to herself. She looked over to me, “What do you think of the dragon?”

Eh, why does she(?) have to talk to me? “I don’t know, it’s okay I guess.” Trying to run away.

The girl ran up to me not letting me a chance to retreat, she had dark skin and hair with dazzling golden eyes. She’s a super. “Do you want to be a mother like that?”

“I don’t think I’m a dragon.”

“That’s not the poi-” She halted and said, “Are you like me?”

“Uh, what do you mean?”

“You know,” She said checking around and whispered, “A changeling.”

“A… Changeling?” The hell is that?

“You know when a boy manifests into a girl or vice versa? They’re called changelings.” Shit, there’s a name for people like me? I wonder if there’s something on the internet. *Ding* When I have time, I seriously need to see what in the hell is being changed.

“Maybe,” I flushed, “How do you know that?”

She monotoned, “The way you reacted to my question.” She inspected me closer, “You’re quite ahead.” She grinned, “And very pretty. I wish I was as pretty as you.” Her grin faded and a look of confusion went to her face, “What’s wrong with your eye-”

“Daniel! Stop bothering the other freaks!” A voice snapped and grabbed Daniel’s wrist. Tears welled up, I’m not a freak, am I?

“MOM! It’s Danielle. I’m telling you, I’m a girl.” The tears forced their way down my cheeks, “Look, you made her cry.”

“I don’t give a shit if I made the little freak cry or not. We’re going!” She dragged Danielle out of the building. I took deep breaths and eventually I calmed down and wiped up the tears.

“I’m back.” Mom sat right beside me.

“Welcome back,” I rasped.

Mom’s expression turned worried, “What’s wrong, Motorboat?”

“Nothing.” I lied. *Ding* Seriously, the dinging is pissing me off.

“You’re a bad liar.”

I giggled a bit, “You’re right,” I looked down and bit my lip, “I met a girl. She was watching the documentary,” I point to the TV, “It had a dragon feeding her babies.” I gulped, “She talked to me, and turns out she’s like me. A boy who is turning into a girl. A changeling.” I licked my lips. “Her mother grabbed her and called me a freak before dragging the girl out of the building.” I choked. Ever since supers existed, there’s always been discrimination just like the blacks and LGBT folks before them. There’s a reason why the Silver Legion rose to power.

Mom rubbed my back, “That must’ve been horrible.” She seethed. Her gentle toned turned to an angry one, “Had I just been here. I could’ve done something.” She took a deep breath, “But I can’t do anything now.” She pulled me into a hug. “We don’t have to get a new wardrobe today if you don’t want to.” She whispered by my ear.

If I don’t buy my own clothes. Who knows what my mom will get, but I also don’t want to be seen right now. What do I do? Suffer getting clothes or live with what my mom chooses for me. There is a third option, “How about you get me some androgynous clothing? Stuff I could wear for right now.”

Mom smiled, “Sounds good. We’ll do that after this.” I smiled back. I can’t remember how long it’d been since we did something like this. Mom has to work late most nights and on the days she’s off she doesn’t want to do much besides laze around.

“Roland Alder.” A woman’s voice announced.

“There’s our cue.” Mom said.

We strode to me. It was hard not to notice the stares. God, I wish they didn’t call me by Roland if it meant all the scares. Or maybe it’s my paranoia and anxiety getting to me.

“Please, this way.” The woman in scrubs said walking through a big door. The smell of antiseptic reminds me of dad. I hate that reminder. I took off my shoes. I knew this would happen. I’ve had regular check-ups before. “Step on the-” I stepped on it before she said anything, “Thank you.” It read thirty-four kilograms. I stepped off and under the height measurer thing. Whatever it’s called. She measured me and took it down on a tablet. “Thank you, now please, this way.”

“Wait, what’s my height? I have to know. I found myself being shorter than mom and unable to reach the things I used to be able to reach.

“Four foot ten. ” Holy shit I’m small. It’s what I get for making myself a loli. “Here’s your room. The doctor will be here shortly.” We walked into the room and the door shuts.

I sat down in one of the chairs. Mom sat down in the one next to me. “Did you hear what the lady said? I’m short.” I said neutrally. I’ve never been too attached to my height even when I was a guy. I was always average.

“Yeah, but don’t let that bother you, Molly.” Mom advised.

“I won’t.” I agreed. I closed my eyes and checked on what those dings were.

I went to skills:

Serenity level 3: The ability to keep one’s mind calm in the face of great adversity. +30 to the mental bar.
Persuasion level 1: Based on their intelligence stat, your charisma stat, and the objective you want to achieve. You can persuade a person of anything. +10 to charisma.
Liar, liar pants on fire level 1: Based on the target’s intelligence stat, your cunning stat, and the objective you want to lie about. You can make the target believe in a lie. +10 to cunning.

Then moved to quests:

A New Beginning:
Wake up Miranda Alder in her room
Go to a Metaphysiologist
Find skills 3/10

Time to face the Music:
Meet Juno Herring and Sebastian Harkcrow tomorrow at 2:35 pm at your apartment.
Complete one full day of school

Jeez, whoever designed this game, really has it out for me.

The door opened and I closed my eyes. A group of sorts came in. An old woman in a lab coat(I guess she’s the doctor), A nerdy guy in scrubs, a girl who looked like some type of witch with a mask, a beautiful blonde haired woman in scrubs, and a harden disgruntled looking man with a scar over his eye. Quite a group. They all stood in a horizontal eye look at me. Besides witch girl, who was playing her DS, completely uninterested of the situation.

“Um, Mom,” I whispered, “What in the world did you tell them?”

“I told them everything.” She calmly told me.

“Everything!” I squeaked. She nodded, not saying another word. I bit my lip. There’s too many in here. The feeling is suffocating. “Um, hello?” I said hesitantly.

A disharmonized of greetings came back.

The beautiful woman came up and greeted, “Hi, I’m Doctor Wilbur. Please to meet you, Mister…” She took a look at me, “Miss Alder, may I call you something less formal?”

I nodded and rasped, “Molly.”

“Molly it is.” She smiled and the scarred man grumbled something before getting smashed in the foot by the good doctor. Dr. Wilbur kept a pleasant demeanor as she gestured towards the old woman, “This is Doctor Foundling. She’s my colleague.” I nodded gently in response while the old woman gave me a sweet smile, “This is our resident Artificer, Jared.” She gestured to the nerdy man. He was willowy and looked like he was bullied in school.

“Artificer?” I queried. That’s a new one.

“Oh, you don’t know. An Artificer is a super with a power to invent things.”

“Can’t normal people do that?”

“Yeah, they can, only he could do it immediately after he got his power.” Ah, so kind of like some type of genius. I nodded in response. “This is our resident witch, Kara.”

“HA HA!!” She laughed, “I got you now, you lil’shit.” And aggressively playing her game.

Dr. Wilbur smiled, “She’s a bit preoccupied.” She made the scariest smile I’ve ever seen and faced Kara, “Kara, do you mind putting up the game for our patient?”

“But-but-but, I’m about to beat the boss.” The DS ripped out of her hands from an invisible force and floated in the air. Kara jumped for it, “Unfair! Give it back! Give it back!” Dr. Wilbur is a super for sure.

“Not now, after the patient.” Dr. Wilbur scolded. Kara folded her arms and pouted.

Is this an anime? Seriously though, is it?

The beautiful blonde turned back to me, “Sorry about that. Kara is a bit of a child sometimes.”

“No, I’m not!” Kara protested. Wilbur glared back at her causing the girl to jump.

“Now then,” She said returning to a smile. “This is Dan. He’s an inspector from the Department of Supernatural.” I’ve heard of DoS before on the news. It’s a controversial department. Dan grumbled something inaudible before another foot smashed into his causing him to wince. She faced me seriously, “Okay, enough of introductions. Let’s get to the point. We heard that you have feline characteristics. Is that true?”

I nodded.

“Can we see?”

I gulped, this was hard. I don’t want to be thought of as a freak to anyone. I took off my hand and my ears twitched up. The whole group harmonizes a “Wow.”

“Okay, now your tail.” I bit my lip as I pulled up my tail and moved it to the front of me. It was smokey black and fluffy. Wilbur put her hand close to it, but I whipped it back before she could touch it. “Sorry, can I touch it?”

“I-I don’t know. I’m not sure if I’m comfortable with that.” I looked over to mom. She put a hand on my head and stroked my ears. It felt good and caused me to purr before realizing that the whole group got closer and was intensely staring at me. Dr. Wilbur and Foundling were writing something on the tablet. The suffocating feeling from before intensified as the tears began to well up. Last time something like this happened was in middle school. I hate small spaces because of that. “Please *sob* stop.” I cried. Tears were fell rapidly as my mother embraced me, rubbing my back.

Mom growled, “Will all of you either get the fuck back or get out?” then seethed, “My daughter isn’t a fucking guinea pig-” The words my daughter caused me to sob harder. I don’t want to be a daughter. I want to stay a son, but I had to fucking create a cat loli. I hate myself. I’m so pathetic and sensitive like a fucking little girl. FUCK! why did I change myself into a fucking little cat cunt? Had I just made a normal character? Everything would’ve been fine. It would’ve been fun to have the power I had but fuck no. I had to be a god damn weeaboo and make a cat loli. I’m such a pedophile for doing that. I hate myself. I hate myself. I should just die. “Motorboat?” A gentle voice coerced me out of my self-hate.

I look up and see my mom’s face with a tender smile forming over her lips. She petting my good spot. “Mom-mommy?”

“Yes, Molly?”

“Is everyone gone?”

“Yeah, I gave them an ultimatum.”

“What was it?”

“Either only two people come in at a time or I’m taking my catgirl elsewhere.” She laughed. This caused us to both bursts into giggles. After she gave me a worried look, “Are you okay?”

I nodded, “Yeah, seems like my claustrophobia is still going strong.” It was a phobia that developed after the incident. If people surround me, I feel suffocated, anxious, and scared. It’s why I’m a loner.

Mom stroked my back. “You want to try again.”

“To be honest, no. I’d rather go home and cry.” I sighed, “But, we need to get this over with.”

Mom nodded. She got up and I sat back down in my chair. She opened the door letting both Doctor Foundling and Wilbur back in the room. Both of their faces wore apologetic expressions.

“Sorry, Molly.” Foundling said first, “I… I mean we didn’t know you had claustrophobia.”

“And!” My mom growled in full mother bear mode.

“And,” Wilbur continued, “We won’t treat you as a guinea pig.”

I exhaled a breath I didn’t even know I was holding. “It’s okay,” I smiled. “Let’s continue.”

up
153 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Mmmmm. So nice.

WillowD's picture

I like the cat girl story. And every chapter seems to have petting and purring in it.

I'm looking forward to when Juno meets Molly.

Lol

I didn't notice that. I just used it as a way to comfort the character with some extra bit of cuteness to it. She's going through a rough time with being a part cat let alone being a girl. So she needs those extra scritches

> I’m such a pedophile < ??

Maybe an autopedophile; like autogynophile. (sic)

Also, I think claustrophobia involves small spaces. Fearing people or crowds of people might be socialphobic or agoraphobic.

But...I really like your story; It's like Whateley stories. I don't know manga at all. I guess that's where some of your terms come from. Maybe English isn't your first language, also?

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

Ah thanks

This is a rough draft tbh. You're just reading the stuff raw. I'll think of it when I write the revision

Another good chapter

Every story you write is better than the last.

Well,

The skill cap is high and the skill slope isn't steep. Plus, this is the first big story that I kept up with and molded. I don't know what I'm going to do with it completely. I'm thinking of changing the name and making it into a web serial with weekly increments.

fun

Great sense of humor in this story. The way you go back and forth abruptly from outlandish to mundane works very well for you. Thanks for the new chapter.

That's the best compliment I've ever been given

I try so hard to make my character aware of the insane stuff because it added a sense of humor and a realism to it. I mean, you turn someone into a catgirl irl and they'd probably be thinking the same.

I sincerely thank you <3

OMG *huge grin*

Hypatia Littlewings's picture

""Holy shit I’m small. It’s what I get for making myself a loli.""
Now this is why I am usually very careful making my game characters. I want it to be something I could live with, maybe enjoy, just in case the impossible happens, an our reality shifts.

Loving this story, especially the main character's interesting mixed up point of view.
Interesting universe, somewhat similar to "Whateley"¹ but not as dark(so far).

I am wondering:
~ If someone or something imposed the game on her.
~ Is there an actual game of sorts & are there other players?
~ Is it just her mind's unique way of interfacing with her powers?
- or -
~Is it even more complicated then that.

*emits a happy burst of pixie dust*
~Hypatia >i< ..::: ::::

-

¹ Note: Most super-verses are at least superficially similar, it is what makes the genre.
& "Whateley" Heavily borrows from them all. So, the similarity is not a bad thing.

Player one

Whos running the game sounds like a good question. Hopefully Molly can find out more about whats going on with her and if she really is player one or if there are other players to interact with. If she can get a handle on her powers that might make feel better also. Looking forward to the next chapter.

Time is the longest distance to your destination.

Guinea pig

Every researcher needs a good supply of guinea pigs.

Awwwe

Poor baby,good thing mama lion is there to protect her little cub <3

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D