Rebirth Chp. 9

Printer-friendly version

Around midnight that night, Sophia starts having contractions. She screams, waking up the guys. She throws back her blanket as another contraction hits her.

George comes running into the room “are you okay, Sophia?”

Sophia looks at George when he asks that question “NO, AM NOT OKAY! Lexi is ready to be born.”

A painful contraction hits her and makes her grit her teeth. She could feel Lexi moving into position ready to be born. She was ready to push Lexi out.

Alex runs in naked and stands next to George “What’s with all the yelling?”

“Sophia is ready to deliver Lexi, dummy.”

“Shit let me go and get one of the healers.” Alex turns around and runs out of their apartment to find one of the healers in the building.

George walks over and tries to make Sophia comfortable. This wasn’t his first time helping a Were-woman bring a new life form into the world.

“Hold in there Sophia, Alex went to get a healer.”

Sophia looks at George with a tense expression on her face. Lexi was ready to come out of her. She could feel the little girl ready to be born.

Alex runs into Courtney with Ava right behind her. He looks at her “Sophia is ready to drop, Lexi.”

“We know, Alex. Take us to her.” Courtney had felt Sophia’s contractions through Ava’s gift.

Alex turns around and leads the two women to their apartment. He shows them to Sophia’s room. They spot George in there holding Sophia’s hand.

“Alright George, we’ll take over. Get out now.” Courtney walks over towards Sophia.

George looks at Courtney and there was a little growl in his throat.

Ava walks over “get out now before I kick your ass out. You know the rules. No male is permitted to be in the room when a woman gives birth, not even their mate.”

He looks at Ava and notices her eyes have bled to her lynx ones and her power was no longer held back.

“Move it, mutt.” Ava puts her Alpha influence behind her words.

George gets up and stumbles out of the room. He felt the power pushing against him and it overrode his will. He couldn’t fight against it.

Ava follows him and gets a big bowl of hot water and grabs a few towels. Once she has them, she heads back inside to help her wife.

George and Alex pace outside the door in the hallway waiting to enter the room to see how Sophia was. They are a little concern about Sophia and wonders what Lexi is going to look like.

Knock, knock.

George and Alex hear someone knocking on their apartment door.

“I got it, Alex.” George heads towards the door to open it.

“Hey, Alex.” Cain was standing there with Lady Joyce and Lady April behind him.

“Come in sir.” He steps aside to let them in.

He didn’t spot Amy behind Lady April. He watches as the women head into the bedroom to be with Sophia. It was their right as the Alphas of her clan.

Cain stays with George and Alex. He looks at the two men and knew George had a thing for Sophia. Which was fine, because George lost his wife sixty years ago. She was a normal human, that didn’t want to be turned. It was rare for a Were to take a second mate, but he knew it happens.

After about an hour, all the women come out. Amy heads into the kitchen to fix a tea and some food for Sophia.

“So, did everything go alright?” Cain looks towards his wife.

“Everything is fine with Sophia and with Lexi. You can go in and see her now.” Ava was drying her hands with a towel.

George was nervous around her. He felt her power and it was more than any of the Alpha’s he has ever felt. Courtney was standing near her and he felt a few her powers as well. She walks over and gives him a hug.

“Go and be with your friend George. She wants you there.” Everyone leaves the apartment.

“I think George is Sophia’s mate.” Amy was holding Cain’s hand as they walk out.

Lady April glances back and watches as the two walks inside Sophia’s room.

“I think your right sweetie.”

Everyone goes back to bed. All except the George and Alex. They were with Sophia and Lexi.

George and Alex walk into Sophia’s room and notice she is nursing Lexi. Lexi had gotten a little taller then she uses to be.

“Well, it looks like she grew up some.” The two men looked down at Lexi as she nursed. She still had her wings and they had gotten bigger as well.

“Yea, and she’s thirsty as well.” Sophia couldn’t believe how hungry Lexi was.

The Two men stay with Sophia, till Lexi was done with the feeding and put her in a crib that someone had put in the room. When the two men looked back at Sophia she was looking tired and sleepy.

“Get some sleep Sophia, we’ll watch over her.” Both men turn into their wolves and lay down near the crib.

*Special Note: Council Trouble Shooters has been updated.

up
198 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Council Trouble Shooters

has been updated. There are six teams listed.

garfieldwritingsf.jpg
If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison

Council Trouble Shooters

I just looked at the page after you updated it. It shows five teams, not six.

Edit to add: She updated it again, it now shows six teams. Interesting groups.

I might be able to find ways to have one or more of these groups be needed in a story, perhaps more than one. *giggles*

It is going

to be interesting to see how Lexi takes to being a baby again. On one level that could suck.

Re: It is going

Yes, it is. However, I have a feeling that Lexi will be growing like most babies do, but perhaps at an accelerated rate?

One sentence near the bottom of this chapter says that Lexi looks bigger than she did before. We'll have to see what happens to her.