Two Pack Tulsa Time: Chapter 1

Printer-friendly version

This story is set in the same "world" as LadyDragon623's stories about werefolk, vampires, fae and other supernatural creatures.

I have her express permission to use the "world" and characters she has mentioned in her stories if I feel they would fit into this story.

**********

Living on the streets is definitely no fun. I've only been doing it for a few days, but after what my sperm donor said the last time we spoke, I knew there was no way that I could live under his roof any more, especially not with him using me as a living punching bag.

Yeah, life at home was the shits, a big, tough, angry father, a mostly six or seven sheets to the wind drunk for a mother and me.

Oh, you want to know about me, huh? Well, I guess I can give you some info, not that it matters right now, I think my luck just ran out.

Well, I'm sixteen years old, and the sperm donor has always been upset by me because I'm such a shrimp. I played sports because he pushed me into a lot of it, but there were a lot of kids throughout my childhood who were far better at playing those games than I could hope to be.

I think I knew, maybe as far back as when I was five years old, that I wasn't like other guys, but I couldn't figure out exactly why that was the case, or even that what I was feeling had a name, until I saw something on a school computer that probably shouldn't have been there. Someone had apparently left the computer running on a page showing brief histories and such of transgender and transsexual people.

As soon as I saw that page, and the brief bios shown there, the light came on as to my issue. I sat there and cried for fifteen minutes.

Yeah, that was something that ticked my sperm donor off. I could cry at the drop of a hat, especially when someone was angry at or near me.

As I said, I'm a shrimp. My sperm donor is a big guy, just under 6'2" tall and about 215 pounds, I'm 5' nothing and less than 100 pounds soaking wet. Add to that that I look a lot more like my mom than my dad, with hair brushing the bottom of my shoulder blades, wide very pale green eyes that would remind you of a calm northern sea and a rather wide mouth under high cheekbones and a soft, rounded chin.

Ahhh, you've noticed that I call the person that masquerades as my father "sperm donor". After what I've been through at his hands over the last six or seven years, giving him anything that would be a show of respect just makes me feel sick. He's an ass, plain and simple.

Anyway, earlier today I ran into a nice street guy who told me of this warehouse that has a broken side door and isn't maintained or watched. I'd just turned the corner that leads toward that side door when a short but absolutely gorgeous woman, if very pale, touched me.

She whispered to me, "Come, sweet one, let me taste you," as she opened her mouth, showing fangs that ended in sharp, bright tips.

That was when I screamed like I had never screamed before.

Apparently, that surprised her, as she backed away a bit, then made as if to move toward me again.

Then we both received a rather sudden shock. The sound of several sets of running feet could be heard coming from at least three directions, off to the side where the next warehouse loomed, from behind me which would be from the road and from the rear of the building.

She stepped a bit closer, then whispered, "Perhaps another time, pretty thing," then turned and started to move away.

The second surprise occurred as she started to move away. Before she could take even three steps, she was blocked by several people.

The six others with her were all warily looking around, noticing that in just that brief time, they had been virtually surrounded.

**********

One of the biggest men I had ever seen in my life stepped forward at that point, looked at the group caught in between all the new folks that had shown up as a result of my screams and sighed. At the same time, a tall, slim but also pale looking woman held me softly in her arms.

"Ahhh, I really have to wonder what you folks are doing here," the big guy stated, "You're a fair ways from home, Lawrence, Elissa."

The woman who had suggested I let her taste me laughed as she replied to him, "We go where we wish, by Melita's command."

The big guy shook his head, sighing again, "Elissa, you know the rules, no biting of innocents, only those who are willing and supervised."

The pale but pretty woman, obviously Elissa, hissed as she backed away from him, "Damn you interfering werefolk!"

**********

It was but a moment before the group of vampires with Elissa slipped away through a gap that opened between some of the people around us. I was still being held by that other pale woman and my screams, which had shifted to whimpers at the arrival of all these people, slowly subsided. I straightened up as much as I could but still felt small against this woman, barely reaching the top of her shoulders.

The big guy turned around, flashed a brief but honest smile that reached his eyes and began to introduce people to me. "Hi, I'm Sam Browne, the woman holding you is Kelly-Lynne, that's Wesley," pointing to another big man off to my right, "this is Ed, he does medic duties for the main pack here. The big woman by Wesley is their alpha's new mate, Melisa, the short, stocky guy behind you is Mort, the other short, stocky guy standing over to your left is Brian, the big guy in the flannel shirt to your left is Elmer, he's the boss guy of the main pack here."

Elmer nodded and chuckled for a moment, then spoke, "Thanks, Sam. Sorry for the scary reception, kid, but when you screamed, our folks were in the big field behind this abandoned warehouse or in our meeting place, I guess you'd call it, where our packs and the vamps can come in and just relax for a while with no bullshit about who or what each one of us may be. We each have our home bases, but this is shared space."

I whimpered again, then whispered, "Weres? Vampires? I'm... I'm safe? You're not... going... going to eat me or something?"

Elmer shook his head, stepping a little closer to me as he growled, "Nope, kid, we don't do crap like that, not in my town, we don't!"

When he spoke that time, the growl in his voice made me shiver, just a slight change in tone and it could have been a wolf's growl.

The woman holding me, Kelly-Lynne, smiled down at me and spoke, "We don't bite without the person being adult, willing and supervised. There have been many times in the past where vampires just drank without any thought of what would happen if they took too much. Some time ago, vampires as a whole set down rules that state no innocent may be bitten, and any interested adults be willing and supervised."

I looked up at her, she was quite stunning in that tall and almost model looking way, slim with only a modest bust and long, long legs. Even her hair being styled in what I had only learned was called a pixie cut thanks to some of those bios of trans folks I had read fit her perfectly.

**********

I had been scared as I could be when they all showed up, but now... now, for some reason, these folks made me feel safe and protected.

I followed Elmer and most of the others to a building close by, then inside. Wow, to say I was stunned by what I saw would be polite. The place was huge, easily a hundred feet or more in each direction, one huge open room set up in comfy areas scattered all around.

There was a very large space in the middle with one of those big square video screens like you see in hockey rinks or at football stadiums. You know, the ones that have the screen on all sides so that people in different areas of the sports arena can see what is on it.

Well, all around that big video screen system I could see big comfortable looking leather sofas and the occasional matching chair. Elmer and a few of the others took seats on a few of the sofas, all on one side of the space, with Kelly-Lynne pulling me down to sit beside her.

She wrapped me up in a hug, something I hadn't experienced in quite some time. Ooooh, that felt good, to be comforted. I sighed happily.

They sat there, waiting for something. Then, it dawned on me, they wanted me to tell them about me. I felt so stupid, ya know?

I spent the next hour, perhaps a bit longer, going over my life experiences, including having been out on the streets since last Thursday.

Every one of them listened intently as I spoke. There were few interruptions, those being to clarify minor points I'd mentioned.

At the end, Elmer spoke for all of them, "You're welcome to stay here if you want, Remy. There are some rooms upstairs."

That really big guy, who had introduced himself as Sam earlier, added, "There's always a few people hanging around here, keeping an eye out."

That feeling of being safe was even stronger now. These people, who barely knew me, would fight for me and protect me.

I sighed, snuggled into Kelly-Lynne's arms, not even thinking that she could all too easily bite me if she wished, and promptly fell asleep.

up
172 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Good Start

I like the opening so far. Interesting characters and can't wait to read more.

garfieldwritingsf.jpg
If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison

Re: Good start

Thank you very much. I'll give the story my best effort. *grins*

I'll post as I usually do, when the muse bites my butt and tells me to get writing again! *giggles*

The part that hit me the hardest was Remy snuggling up to Kelly-Lynne at the end and falling asleep being held in her arms. That shows a level of trust that is truly beautiful and that obviously wasn't present in Remy's home life before he ran away just under a week ago.

I've said before in quite a few comments on this site that I don't cry often, or very much when I actually do. The end of this had me not quite to that point, I wasn't actually crying, but my heart was going, "Oh damn, that's just sooo sweet" and made me want to hug Remy.

I guess it's good when a character can pull your heartstrings like that. *smiles*

Other than a safe olace

which is more than kinda important I wonder what these folks could offer a trans girl?

Re: Other than a safe place

Sometimes a safe place is the jump start to a better new life. I'd say Remy needs that at this point.

1) Let's see, the chance to get an education without being physically or verbally abused all of the time;

2) The opportunity to meet and get to know people in the were and vampire communities who are decent folks, plain and simple;

3) The opportunity to be able to make something of herself, find her interest in things beyond sheer survival;

4) The opportunity to learn that the world has "more than meets the eye", i.e., now that she knows there are were folks and vampires, she will also learn that there are people of the fae races, if in rather small numbers thanks to human and other predations, and other beings;

5) And the opportunity for her to find ways to earn enough while living with them that she can get her SRS if she decides to go that route.

Those are just off the top of my head, I could probably come up with more possibilities if I was actually feeling awake. LOL

Aww, nuts!

Jamie Lee's picture

Another story which will be hard to stop reading when the need arises.

Being constantly use as an unwilling sparing partner will cause one to find somewhere else to live. More so when the one who should be intervening is herself not altogether there.

Because of his treatment at the hands of his male birth parent, it's very likely Remy got very little sleep at night. Or felt safe when he tried to sleep.

This is evident by how easily he fell asleep while Kelly-Lynne held him in her arms. Remy was dead tired, but safe.

Others have feelings too.

Re: Aww, nuts!

Please accept my sincere apology for writing an intriguing story, but when the story arises, I put it down on screen ASAP. LOL

I'm very glad that you found this initial chapter worth reading. There's plenty more to come, although I may not post regularly.

Yep, Remy had definitely had enough of being the punching bag for his brute of a sperm donor. I would agree with you to some extent about Remy having difficulty sleeping each night. It would depend on just how much the sperm donor drank, because the more drunk he became, the less likely he would be to be able to function reliably in a physical sense. That doesn't mean that he still couldn't hurt Remy.

Definitely hard to feel safe in a place with a violent jerk, even before the jerk would be getting into the alcohol if it were available. I didn't specifically mention the father being a drinker, but with the wife being deep in the bottle all of the time, it would be fairly likely.

Oh, yeah, that last line was the perfect example of trusting someone to keep you safe. Remy knew that, without really knowing them yet.

As I said in a comment replying to LadyDragon623, that line hit me in the feels pretty hard. I couldn't NOT include it.