Blood Moon Part 17

Printer-friendly version

Lucy takes a sip of the coffee Maria made for her as everyone shows up. The first person to show-up was the person Daigh called Isa. She was supposed to be second in charge of the enforcers according to what Daigh said.

When Isa arrives at the mansion, she was feeling a little better. She wasn’t feeling as much pain as she was when she left the house. It still hurt to stretch when she got off her motorcycle and needed to go to the bathroom to change the pads, before walking into the conference room.

Daigh was waiting for all his enforcers to show up. He even managed to get in touch with Sebastian. He was on his way back from training The Native Delta Pack in Mobile, Alabama. Their head enforcer and second had been killed by a mysterious person. They had no idea who it had been, but they were swift and deadly.

Daigh had offered Sebastian’s services to go and locate the killer. He would train the replacement head enforcer while he was there. Daigh had tracked and killed the assassin that had been sent to kill the head enforcer and his assistant. It seemed that the person responsible for sending the assassin had a beef with him.

When Isa walks into the conference room, she notices a woman with light brown hair wearing oversize shirt and black tights, with black ankle boots with a two-inch heel. She had lightly tanned skin. She could feel that there was something special about this woman. There was an energy or aura about her.

“Who or what are you?” Isa had stepped closer to her.

Lucy stands up. The woman with long brown hair and piercing blue eyes was amazing and different. She could sense that this woman wasn’t completely human. She could pick-up that she was part vampire, like the character Wesley Snipes played in the movie Blade.

“I’m Lucy and I’m a demi-goddess. My mother is the Greek goddess, Athena.” Lucy holds her hand out to Isa.

“I’m Isa Sagan, second in charge of the enforcers here.” Isa accepts Lucy’s hand and shakes it. She was amazed at how soft her hand was.

“So, what is it like to be a demi-goddess?” Isa was curious.

“Probably as weird as being part vampire?”

“I’m a dhampir. Half-vampire/half-human and believe me, it's more trouble than its worth.” Isa was telling the truth about that fact.

“I can see how that can be a problem. I’m guessing the Tiger scent I’m picking up on you is your mate?”

Isa just holds her wedding ring up.

“I’m mated to a Were-Tiger. I had no idea that my soul mate was a Were.” Isa didn’t mind being mated to one.

“Wow! That is unusual, but I thought this was a pack of wolves?” Lucy had a puzzled look on her face.

“It is, but there aren’t enough Werecats to form a pride. So, Daigh allows them to be part of his pack. They have to pledge their loyalty to him
and in return Daigh and Sparrow protect them.”

Daigh had been listening and watching as Isa and Lucy talking. He didn’t mind that the two got to know each other better. It would be an advantage to his pack to be able to call on a demi-goddess for help if they need it.

“Alright people, we need to get down to business.” He makes sure Isa and Lucy understood this.

Lucy notices she had close to forty people in the conference room they were in. Hopefully, with this many person helping she can capture this ruby head.

Daigh looks out at his people “Alright people, we have a problem in our territory and this matter needs to be handled quickly. To tell you about this problem is Lucy. She’s tracked the person you’re looking for here.” Daigh sits down to let Lucy have the floor.

Lucy walks over towards the center of the room “sorry for waking all of you at this ungodly hour, but there is a killer that I have tracked to your territory. He’s a ruby user that is jacked up on a very powerful vampire blood. The perp has already killed four families and will not hesitate to kill more.”

“Excuse me, but where did this ruby user get the blood of an ancient and powerful vampire?” Alex wanted to know this.

“He managed to free a vampire that had been imprisoned for preying on children. He had been locked in his coffin and sealed in a crypt.
Somehow the perp managed to free him and in exchange for freeing him. The vampire gave him twelve pints of blood to make ruby dust.”

“Have you informed Jake and his people?”

“Yes, and unfortunately there was nothing they could do about this situation. They had a case they were working on in California. However, the
vampire that was freed. He was killed by the Immortal Council member wife, who is a Private Investigator and a Were-wolf. She killed the vampire, but didn’t know about the perp.”

“What does the perp look like?” Jerad was taking notes.

“He’s 6ft. 5in tall, completely bald, lightly tanned skin and bright red eyes like your female Alpha. He is heavily built and has supernatural
strength. So, be careful if you go hand-to-hand with him. He has inherited certain gifts from the vampire that he freed. One of them is a gift that allows him to travel anywhere he wants, but there is a time limit on how often he can use it. Right now, he can’t use it.”

“How can you be so sure of that?” Rex was taking notes as well.

“Because it requires magical energies and I hate to say this, but this area is weak in magical energies. He uses death magic to energize the item. So, that is another reason we need to find him before he can charge it up with several deaths.”

“Do you have any idea where we should start?” Isa was hoping she might have a lead or two.

“I wish I did. He can hide from me. My gift to track Supernaturals is somehow scrambled when I try to track him. however, he might not be able to hide from you.” Lucy looks towards Isa.

Isa knew what she was talking about. She hated using that ability of hers.

“Do you have anything of his or has been held by him?”

“Yes, here.” Lucy hands her a necklace that has a gold medallion in the middle of it.

Isa accepts it and closes her eyes as her fingers wrap around it. She concentrates her ability on it and feels a presence. It was near their furthest territorial boundary. It was moving towards Alabama.

“He’s heading towards Alabama.” Isa opens her eyes to look at the rest of the enforcers.

“How are we supposed to get there?” Charley knew there was no way they could make it there in time.

“Leave that to me. All I need is Isa to give me the location.” Titanis did manage to teach her how to pluck the information she needed from a person to make a portal.

“Grab your gear.” Isa heads towards the weapon room to grab her gear.

The rest of the enforcers changed into their hybrid forms and grab their gear. Lucy summons her armor and sword and makes a portal after getting the information from Isa.

“Alright guys, I’ve opened it in a field near his location.” Lucy goes first to make sure they were alright.

Just as the last person comes through the portal, a knife bounces off her armor breastplate.

up
163 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Velvet

However, the vampire that was freed. He was killed by the Immortal Council member wife, who is a Private Investigator and a Were-wolf.

Was this the story "Velvet"? Did it ever get finished? It's still incomplete here on BC.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin