The Lokian Way - Part 22 - Epilogue

Printer-friendly version

Important: Part 21 and 22 were released at the same time! If you clicked this part from the home page of TBC then you missed part 21 (the finale). You might want to get back and read that one first. The TBC team normally leaves only one part of a serial in the update stream of TBC. Even if it doesn't make sense, as in this case.

***** Three days after Mercy revealed herself as the avatar *****

"They aren't really inconspicuous," Mavis remarked as she looked to one of the agents behind Mercy.

"I don't think they are meant to be," Mercy remarked.

Around them, a dozen secret service agents had spread out at the city's main bus terminal. Mercy was sure there were at least another dozen in civilian attire and mix with the bystanders. Now and then someone looked at Mercy and wondered if she was the avatar. Most people of earth had seen a recording of her reveal by now, but many didn't believe it. And her, standing among them, was rather strange thought to them. Rather not believing it was her than trusting their eyes.

"They already are talking about a special branch of protective agents for me," Mercy said while rolling her eyes. "Do you really have to go?"

"I don't have to," Mavis said with a sigh. "But it feels like it is time. I am one of those restless spirits who need to roam the earth. For over seventeen years I had been stuck in this city. It is time to move on. Provided trickster magic allows me to."

"How can it stop you?" Mercy asked.

"Well, trickster magic talks to me. In a way," Mavis explained. "Do you see this bus ticket? For centuries I have this little understanding with trickster magic. I purchase a ticket and then cast an illusion spell on it with the same destination. However, if I am being needed somewhere my illusion will show a different destination name on it. For years now I come once a month to this bus terminal and buy a ticket. And every time it changed to the name of this city. What does it say now?"

"It's still for Boulder," Mercy confirmed.

"That means I am not needed here anymore," Mavis revealed.

"But you haven't even been my mentor for a month," Mercy protested.

Mavis laughed out loud. "Mercy. You had discovered more about trickster magic than I had in over a millennium."

"There are still things about the lokian way you can teach me."

"Maybe. But then again maybe it is time for the lokian way to end. This is a new era. 'The way of Mercy' has a nice ring to it. Doesn't it?" Mavis said with a wink. "Now for the real test that I have been waiting for a long time."

To everyone but Mercy, nothing changed. However, she, who now could see trickster magic and the illusions it could make, saw a man standing there in Mavis dress. While he looked like he was in his thirties with his blond hair and blue eyes, he gave off the vibe of being around for centuries.

"Let me give you a hand with this," Mercy said with a smirk. Shifting the dress into an old fashion gentleman's suit.

"Much obliged," Mavis said in her new male voice.

"Do I still call you Mavis?" Mercy asked.

"For now," the man agreed. "I am sure you figured out my real identity by now. Yet someone as old as me has gathered a lot of enemies. While the fear of the avatar is veining my name is still associated with trouble incarnate."

"Actually I joked with Victoria about your real identity. I had no idea how close I was," Mercy admitted. After a sigh, she continued. "But I will see you again, right?"

"For mages like us it is only a matter of time," he said while bowing. "I owe you, Mercy. You don't know how much. One day I will pay you back. This I promise."

Mercy nodded and silently watched as the legendary mage walked away. Then she turned around herself. A lot of work waited on her as the avatar of trickster magic.

***** Nearly five years after Mercy revealed herself as the avatar *****

"She should be here by now," Victoria protested.

It was a nice day in the park and she shared a picnic blanket with Melanie and Michelle. Brian was close by and operated their little charcoal grill.

"I am sure she'll be here any minute," Michelle threw in. "She did say she wanted to visit her parents first."

"Don't be selfish dear," Brian chided her. "Or I may have to punish you later."

"Not if I spank you first," Victoria retorted. Earning a laugh from Brian and a headshake of resignation from Michelle and Melanie. Both used to the banter of the couple.

"Excuse me?"

The voice drew the focus of the group to a female park ranger nearby. "May I see your operating license for a charcoal fueled grill on park property"

"Our what?" Victoria asked confused. "This is a public park," she protested.

"And since when does our little park have park rangers?" Melanie threw in.

"Ah. Busted," the ranger admitted with a shrug. "At least I proved that I still can get to Victoria."

Meanwhile, Victoria jumped up and squealed with delight as she saw the rangers features shift into a familiar face. "Mercy!"

"Hey gang," Mercy greeted them.

"So the mighty avatar still found time for her friends," Brian teased her.

"Bite me," Mercy shot back with a grin. "Now let me see!" she urged Victoria.

Of course, Victoria knew what her friend wanted to see. Proudly she presented her hand and the diamond ring on her ring finger.

"You know I could have gotten you a bigger one, right?" Mercy remarked.

"You aren't angry, are you?" Victoria asked.

"I am teasing," Mercy shouted while breaking out into a wide grin. "I am so happy for you both." Then she put on a mock serious face. "You better make me the maid of honor or else..."

"There is no one else I'd rather have," Victoria beamed. "Sorry girls," she said to Michelle and Melanie. Who waved her off with a grin.

"We also hope you join us in a more private celebration a few days later at Brianna's work," Brian remarked.

"I'd be delighted," Mercy agreed. Knowing that this would be rather naughty given the location. Brianna worked at a domina studio where she could live out her full potential. Now and then she was joined by Victoria as a guest. Either as an additional sub or domina. But more often than not as a real living prop. By now Victoria had a few dozen alternate inanimate forms thanks to needling Mercy. All naughty in their own way.

"Michelle designed my bridal dress," Victoria gushed.

"It's gorgeous," Melanie agreed.

"And I wasn't allowed to see it yet," Brian grumbled.

"I bet," Mercy agreed. "Can't wait to see it myself. And how are my two favorite sisters doing?"

"Still working on my bachelor's degree in all things business," Melanie said with a shrug. "But nonetheless we have some big news."

"We are opening our own lingerie store," Michelle burst out.

"Really?" a baffled Mercy asked. "I thought you worked for a big fashion label now. They don't have a problem with it."

"We told them it is more an atelier for prototypes than a shop," Michelle explained. "Besides. I design dresses for them. As long as they don't push into the lingerie market we are fine."

"In the meantime, we will offer the finest custom-made bras, panties or other naughty things," Melanie boasted.

"For women," Michelle added. "Or for men," she said with a wink.

"How much time do you've got for us?" Victoria asked.

"Plenty," Mercy assured her. "There are only so many destinations I can go as an ambassador of trickster magic. Now tell me more. I want to hear all the details."

As they sat down and shared stories, Mercy knew it was good to be home and among friends. Even though she knew now by heart that they could draw her into naughty adventure time and time again. She really looked forward to them.

*****

A mile away, a Warren Yates did lay on top a roof. Before him was propped up a sniper rifle. He nearly had thought his target would be a no-show. Then a park ranger shifted forms and revealed itself. Mercy, the avatar of trickster magic.

Warren grinned as his crosshairs homed in on her. He didn't know who paid for the hit. Not that he cared. It was a lot of money and he was a professional. He exhaled a last time before he squeezed the trigger.

Instead of a sharp loud bang, he heard a wet squirting sound. Confused he looked at his rifle and saw strange thought. Each time he squeezed the trigger another load of water shot out.

"I think you need something with a bigger range," a female voice behind him remarked.

Warrens combat reflexes made him roll to the side and drawing his sidearm. Even as he felt that the weight felt wrong, he leveled it on the person who snuck up on him.

A small stream of water hit a woman dressed in an elegant pink suit. She frowned for a moment. "That's not very polite of you," she chided him.

Warren ignored her taunt. His right hand dropped the now useless sidearm and his left felt for the grip of his trusted combat knife. The weight felt right and heard the right scraping noise as it left its sheath. But as the knife entered his view it shaped. Distorted before his eyes.

He dropped the rubber chicken who gave a squeak as it hit the ground. Warren gave the woman with pink hair a feral grin. After all, one doesn't need weapons to kill someone when trained to be lethal.

One swift step forward brought him close enough. With lightning-fast speed, he went for a punch to her throat. Only for his fist to bounce off. Suddenly his world didn't make sense anymore. He felt paralyzed, oddly light and the feedback of his body didn't make sense anymore.

A man burst onto the roof and took one look at Warren before addressing the woman. "Really Mary? A blow-up doll again?"

"What?" the woman, Mary, asked with a smirk. "It's so practical."

"Yeah," her partner agreed. "Until they end up lost on a frat party."

"That only happened once," Mary defended herself. As her partner stared at her, Mary felt compelled to add to it. "I mean if it happens to the same perp twice in the same night it still only counts as only one time."

Her partner rolled his eyes. "Did you at least read him his rights?"

"Not yet," Mary admitted. Both turned to Warren who only could stare ahead and witness their banter. "I am Mary. This is Dexter. We are 'Agents Of Mercy'. And right now you are a blow-up sex doll. Those don't have rights."

She leaned over and popped something on Warren. Panic filled him as he felt air escape. Slowly his body collapsed. Soon Mary started to squeeze the last pockets of air out of him. Then she began to fold him up.

"With a little luck, you'll be in a cell soon and get your old body back," she told him at last. "If not then we'll probably find you soon enough. Not many frat houses around."

Then he was plunged into darkness as Mary put him into a bag. In the dark, he was alone with his thoughts and those scared him. Because as much as Warren tried to ignore them deep inside curiosity grew how it would feel to be used as a sex doll.

***************************************************************

Hello Readers,

Cassy Bee here. Thank you for reading "The Lokian way". It was time to end this story and I hope you found the end as 'underwhelming' as I hoped it would be. While Mercy's story arc is done and her tale told, keep an eye out. She might just pop up in other stories, as I have planned a few.

(All names are WIP.)

The Long Road Towards Mercy (Prequel)

Agents Of Mercy: To Recruit An Artist
Agents Of Mercy: Stripping One's Fur
Agents Of Mercy: Too Cute To Be Redeemable?

Little Menace Mercy

If I also could trouble you for a moment of your time?
Great. With this serial done, I hope to learn from it.
I welcome comments here, not just to the finale, but about the whole serial.
I am also curious about other aspects. Did I tag the story right?
Do you feel that one tag or keyword wasn't justified or did I miss one?
I'd love to hear some feedback.
If you are to shy to post a comment, then let it be known that I do receive and answer PMs.
That being said, I thank you again for reading.

Until next time,
Cassy

up
143 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Lokian

A nice wrap up. It tied up loose ends and gave us an explanation for the magic and a setup for more stories. I cant wait.

Time is the longest distance to your destination.

fantastic finale

well done, and thank you for sharing!

DogSig.png

We thank you for writing

Podracer's picture

I don't know anything about literary criticism - just know what I like to read. Can you guess what story qualifies for that?

"Reach for the sun."

Great series!

I really enjoyed it. It had a good mix of seriousness and belly laughs.

The last two installments need a bit of editing, but I figure that's because you got them out so quickly. (but meh. I found some ten year old typos in some of my stuff. So don't feel bad.)

Again, very enjoyable! And it tickles that deviant part of me that I generally hide.

Thanks!

That was a really fun story. I couldn't help but see it as a film. Yeah, it would be x-rated and need a budget as big as Star Wars but it would be a great film.
Thanks again.
Cindy.

Cindy Jenkins

Enjoyed

I really enjoyed this, thank you for sharing.