Princess and the Plague: Erika goes to Hollywood 6 & 7

Printer-friendly version


Princess and the Plague:
Erika goes to Hollywood
6&7

by Anistasia Allread
313722-PartyintheHeavenLAYOUTMAHAHAIDER-1325172079-798-640x480.jpg

Erika goes to Hollywood for a photo shoot and finds herself on a date with one of the hottest leading men in movies. What happens in Hollywood stays in Hollywood, right?

Erika was having a hard time with the fact that she was in Los Angeles, the city of angels, a place where many stars are discovered, and many dreamers had their dreams dashed to ashes. Here she was sitting in a red convertible next to one of the hottest young movie stars, Hunter Allyson. The warm wind whipping through her ponytail and sun warming her bared shoulders and arms.

At the moment, she was caught between pinching herself and basking in the warmth of the sun as well as the handsome company.

Hunter pulled off the highway into a parking lot right next to the beach. The tang of the salt air completely obliterated the smell of hot concrete and smog of the city which was only a few miles behind them.

Erika waved Hunter off as he started to sprint to her side of the car to open her door. She figured she could at least do that much for herself today. Hunter opened the trunk and pulled out a blanket and a towel.

“You just happened to have those in there?” Erika chuckled.

“When you live close to the beach, you always have these in here.” He explained.

Hunter draped the blanket over his shoulder and started across the deep sand beside her. Erika felt her soul lift as she pointed her face into the salty breeze. Without thinking, she took Hunter’s hand and gave it a squeeze. What happens in L.A. can stay in L.A. she told herself. She knew better, she knew that she would have to tell Tricia everything. Confess everything.

Erika pulled Hunter’s hand slowing him down so that she could slip her flats off and wriggle her toes in the warm sand.

White frothy lines of waves lined up waiting their turn to crash against the beach, the blue ocean was darker than she would have thought, but at least it wasn’t gray.

She looked up and down the beach. There were a few people out enjoying the sun and surf, but it looked fairly empty. Behind her was the PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) and tall buff colored bluffs on top of which many turn of the century houses sat, their windows staring, nonblinking out at the ocean.

Looking up the beach, it looked to stretch for miles before a bluff stuck out to the water ending the sand. To the South a mile of sand and then a large long pier jabbed out into the surf. A tall Ferris Wheel rotated out towards the end.

“What’s that?” She asked.

Hunter followed her gaze. “Santa Monica Pier. Its full of touristy things.”

“I am a tourist.” She pointed out.

“That you are.” A few feet above the wet sand mark, Hunter dropped her hand and started spreading the blanket.

Her hand felt as if something was missing. Hunter was an enigma to her. She really liked him, he was a movie star after all and had a magnetic charm, but he was also so laid back and normal too. She felt comfortable with him. More comfortable than she felt with any guy ever including her dad. But there was also an attraction there that she couldn’t explain. Was it his stardom? Or was it his trying to be so nice. They had only met last night and already he was wanting to spend time with her even with the fact that she told him that she had a girlfriend.

Hunter fought the wind with trying to get the blanket smooth across the sand. Her hand was already yearning for him to take it, to hold it, to make it feel secure.

“Selfie time.” She declared. “Hunter and Erika at the Pacific Ocean.”

Hunter’s hands wrapped around her waist as he tilted his head to peer over her shoulder. His chest touching the back of her bare shoulder. Erika’s body seemed to relax rather than tense up at his touch. It was an entirely new feeling for her, one that she liked, but was internally battling with.

Erika framed the picture to get the both of them as well as the waves behind them. “Two more.” She instructed. Hunter was acting the good sport as she snapped the photos.

“You want to go into the waves?” he asked.

Erika nodded.

“I’ll take some pictures of you doing so.” He took her phone.

Erika gave his hand a squeeze and nearly skipped down to the wet sand and got her first feel of the cold salty water squishing between her toes. A small wave hit her feet, it was only an inch deep, but the water splashed nearly to her knees. She cried out in delight and shock. She was mesmerized by the water as she watched it almost layering on top of itself as it fought its way up the sand.

Grinning she turned towards Hunter. He was standing there with her phone, smiling as he watched her frolic in the waves. She waved and was rewarded with a larger smile as well as a wave back.

Erika turned her attention back to the waves and the vast blue ocean before her. She looked down at her feet as she wriggled her toes deeper into the wet sand. Suddenly she was caught with a feeling of longing. She was longing for Tricia and Samantha’s company. She would have loved to share this experience with them. She wondered what they would be doing if the three of them were here at the beach together. Somehow, she just couldn’t quite fix the final product in her mind. Part of her wanted to cry. Her eyes even began to water. It was the salty air she decided trying to explain away such a wave of emotion.

A shadow on the sand intruded into her thoughts. She looked over her shoulder and saw Hunter as he stepped up right behind her. He had taken off his shirt and shoes and had joined her on the wet sand. She had seen him shirtless in the movies but in person, up close, it nearly sent a shiver down her spine. Only nearly, because as soon as the thought crept across her mind, she squashed it. Seriously? men’s chests were now suddenly making her shiver?

“So, what are you thinking?” he asked. She thought she could feel his breath in her ear.

Erika was silent for a moment. “Thinking of my friends and how’d I like them to be here, but then part of me wants this whole beach for just you and I.” She watched as two gray haired ladies passed as they strolled down the beach speaking to one another.

Erika leaned back, his bare chest a wall supporting her frame. Her hair whipped over his shoulder like a flag, caught by the ocean breeze. She felt him rest his cheek against the top of her head and they both stared out over the long blue line. Baby waves ran over their feet as the ocean breeze cooled off their bare skin from the warm sun.

“What are you thinking?” Erika interrupted the silence.

“That for some reason you have me wishing I didn’t have to leave next week.” Hunter sighed.

“Where are you going?” she was suddenly more alert.

“Film location.” She could feel him shrug his shoulders.

“Where?” She inquired. “What film?”

“I can’t tell you the name, but it is a good part in an action film.” His voice although soft, became more animated. “I fly out in a few days to Sao Palo.”

“Brazil?”

She felt him nod.

“For how long?”
“Usually it takes a month. It depends on the weather and how well the cast gels.”

Silence fell between them again. Erika turned her head and looked at the handsome young man. She wondered what it would be like to feel his lips against hers. Would it be different than Jakes? Harder than Tricia’s? Without thinking, she stretched her neck and feathered her lips across his cheek.

Oh crap, was that too forward? Did she overstep her bounds? She had told him that she had a girlfriend not even an hour ago and now she was kissing him? What was going on with her? What was she thinking?

All of her thinking stopped, her mind went completely blank as his lips found hers. Erika turned towards him slightly and placed a hand on his chest. It quivered under her touch. She felt strong fingers feathering her cheek as her lips yearned for more. His other hand found the small of her back. She was thankful for the support. Her head was so light, so fuzzy in its high that she needed his strength to keep her standing.

Erika pressed her breasts into his body disappointed that she didn’t have breasts of her own to feel with. The thought was fleeting as his feathering fingers cupped her cheek keeping her lips drawn to his. For the first time in her life she knew what it was like to have her toes curled by a kiss. Her lips wouldn’t stop searching for his, her skin yearned to touch and to be touched by his, her heart ached and swelled to the point that she thought it would burst in her chest.

It seemed like an eternity later when she pulled away and rested her cheek on his chest. Her breaths came in gasps. What the fuck was going on? No one had ever made her feel like this. No one. Tricia was suddenly a distant memory and Jake? Jake who?

“I, I’m sorry.” She had a hard time finding her voice. “I don’t know what came over me.”

“Don’t be sorry, Erika.” Hunter told her. “I’ve wanted to do that since last night.”

“Really?” he probably said that to all of the girls he met.

“Yes… In fact, perhaps I should be sorry. You have a girlfriend after all.”

Sorrow washed over Erika at the mention of Tricia. The sorrow was there, but the exhilaration of what had just passed between Hunter and herself made her feel… well… drunk. Could someone get drunk off of kisses? Kisses like she just experienced? Hell yes.

She realized that she was slowly, gently tracing designs across his chest with her long fingernails. Ever so gently he pushed her away to stand on her own. He took her hand in his and led her back to the beach blanket. Hunter collapsed onto the blanket and pulled Erika gently down to sit between his legs. She rested her head on his chest and he rested his chin on her shoulder. With her hand clutched in his, he raised it and kissed the back of her hand. Shivers ran through her body uncontrolled and even welcomed. She turned into him, using the same hand to push him back onto the blanket as her lips hungrily sought his out again.

--o0o—

Erika sent a couple of pics to her mother and text her that she was feeling fine and that they were leaving the beach and heading to the pier.

It didn’t take long for them to find parking. This time Erika waited patiently for Hunter to make his way around the car and open the door for her.

“I know it’s unromantic.” She stated, “But I need the ladies room.”

“Sure thing.” Hunter pulled a ball cap out of the trunk and adjusted it on his head. That and the sunglasses made it hard to make out his features.

“Hiding in plain sight?” Erika asked.

Hunter nodded. “Believe me it is a necessary precaution. I just hope that it is enough.”

Hunter took Erika’s hand as they walked across the bridge to the pier.

“They don’t have anything like this in Constitution.” Erika’s eyes darted to all of the lights, carnival rides and eateries. Hundreds of people casually strolling from arcade games or watching street performers. “Will you go on the Ferris Wheel with me?” She asked. “My treat.”

“Sure.” Hunter seemed a bit nervous as he scanned the crowd around him.

“I’ll be right back.” Erika promised. She gave his hand a squeeze before releasing it and heading into the ladies’ room.

Once emptying her bladder, she took time to freshen the sunscreen on her shoulders and arms then made sure her pony was straight and tight. She decided to freshen her mascara and put a bit of lip balm on before exiting the bathroom.

She scanned the crowd and located Hunter, posing with two young ladies getting their pictures taken with the celeb. She quickly scanned the rest of the crowd and was relieved that they were the only ones who recognized him.

Hunter smiled a polite goodbye to the girls and looked relieved as Erika walked up to him. “You okay? She asked.

Hunter scanned the crowd and nodded. He smiled at her, but his body language was still tense.

“We’ll take a ride and get out of here.” She decided.

“You sure?” he asked.

“You are as nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof.” Erika nodded.

“Sorry.” He took her hand and made their way to the Pacific Wheel.

The sign declared it the only solar powered Ferris Wheel in the world. Looking at the sun overhead, Erika could see why a solar powered Ferris wheel would work in this area.

Once on the ride, Hunter relaxed a little. The two sat hips touching, Hunter with one hand casually draped over her shoulder, the other still holding her hand.

Butterflies erupted in Erika’s stomach as the wheel spun back and away. She began looking around at the people below on the pier, and the white frothy lines of the surf as it broke nearly under them.

“Last night.” Hunter stated. “You had a seizure, right?”

“Yes.” Erika affirmed. She didn’t want to have this conversation, but he had the right to know what was going on. “This last fall, they found that I had a brain tumor.” Erika began.”

“That must have been scary.” Hunter listened. “Erika. If you don’t want to talk about it, that’ll be fine.”

Erika shook her head. “You should know. I’m sure my mother drilled you this morning about what to do if I suddenly spaz out.”

“Hey now.” Hunter interrupted. “Seizures are serious. You’re not spazzing out.”

Erika wanted to kiss him again, just for saying that. Instead she continued. “I underwent brain surgery to have it removed.” She explained. “They went through my nose so that I didn’t have any massive scars.”

The Pacific Wheel moved again so that others could be loaded.

Hunter looked more closely at her nose.

“They were able to get it all out, but it was pushing on my pituitary gland which kept me from going through puberty, That’s why I’m on the small side. The doctors say that I should start developing now.”

Hunter scanned her chest and face. “You look normal to me.” He stated.

Erika reached up and cupped one of her breast forms. “These are fake. I glue them on.” She turned red at admitting that. “I’m taking hormones now to help grow my real ones.” Now he’d not want anything to do with her. He’d probably make an excuse to take her back to her hotel.

“Seriously?” Hunter questioned. “Those are fake?”

Erika nodded. Oh God, here it comes. She thought. “Does that bother you?”

“They look fantastic.” He looked her in the eyes again. “I have grown up in Hollywood. I have been on many films and have seen many things that men as well as women do to make themselves feel comfortable with their bodies. No, Erika. They don’t bother me.” He paused for just a second. “So, then what happened?”

Erika shrugged. He’d probably wait till they got off the ride before he’d reject her as a freak. “I started having seizures. I don’t know what triggers them, or why they are happening. The Doctors say that it is a side effect of the brain healing.”

“Sounds scary.” Hunter stated. “You looked plenty scared last night just before you started having one.”

Erika nearly shuddered thinking back to that moment last night. “It starts with a headache and then my vision starts to go. I come back around a few moments later and usually want to vomit. Super romantic, huh?”

Hunter leaned in and kissed her cheek. “Just makes your life a little more interesting.”

Interesting? If he only knew just how interesting her life has become in the past few months.

Once they reached the top of the ride, she took in the brown skyline of Santa Monica. Most every building was a washed-out beige broken up by silvery windows.

“The city isn’t much to look at.” She commented.

“You’re supposed to be taking in the waves and the long sandy beach.” Hunter smiled. “Venice beach is down there.” He pointed with his chin.

“That’s where all the body builders are?”

He nodded.

“Selfie time.” She announced.

“Again?” he bemoaned in mock horror.

Erika pulled out her phone and took several pics with the beach in the back grown, tiny little dots along it, people, and families enjoying the sun.

Erika lay her head against his shoulder and enjoyed the comfort of him, the warmth of the sun and the light breeze as the Pacific wheel made its revolutions.

“Hunter?”

“Yes?”

“Thank you.” Erika looked up at his face.

“For what?”

“For brining me to the beach and the pier, and for so far giving me an unforgettable day.” She felt she needed to thank him just in case he still wanted to cut bait and run. She wouldn’t blame him. She had some major baggage, and only a little of it had been shared.

“It’s been unforgettable for me too.” Hunter’s hand cupped her chin and guided it so that his lips could find hers.

How could he make her feel this way? She had sworn that she wasn’t attracted to men and then she meets Hunter. His touch made her skin yearn to be encased by his, her lips couldn’t seem to get enough of his. Did something change in me? She wondered, or had I not met the right person until now?

She became aware of the wheel slowing down and then stopping as it unloaded and reloaded its passengers.

Hunter hopped out first and held Erika’s hand protectively as he guided her out of the bucket.

They resumed their walk along the pier. Erika noticed that Hunter was keeping his head lowered a little bit. It took her only a moment to realize that he was still trying to keep from being recognized. “How do you manage at red carpet and public events?” she asked.

“They are different. They have security and most have barriers so that the celebs don’t get bombarded.” He explained.

“What about when you are out shopping or running errands?” Erika watched as a group of girls were giving them a double take. She pulled him out of the foot traffic, wrapped her arms around him and pulled him into a kiss. When they parted, she glanced over and saw that the girls had lost interest. “That should discourage them.” She muttered for his ears only.

Hunter shot a glance towards the girls and smiled at Erika. “Thanks.”

Erika released him and held his hand as they continued on. “As far as the public knows and what the tabloids tell them, Hunter Allyson is single. Why would he be kissing someone at Santa Monica Pier?”

Hunter squeezed her hand, then brought it to his lips and brushed the back of it with his lips sending chills down Erika’s spine. “What were we talking about?” he dodged a kid running to catch up with his mother.

“What you do about being recognized when out and about.”

“Oh yea. I try to be polite. Mostly it’s just a selfie or two, kind of like at In-n-Out. But there have been times when I wished for twenty body guards to help free me from the mob.”

“And that is what you are afraid of happening here?”

Hunter nodded. “Most people who come here are tourists. They are here for a short time and want to see everything, so if they see a star, they tend to become a mob, everyone wanting a piece of you.”

“Don’t they realize that you are a person too?”

Hunter laughed. “Did you? When you met me last night?”

Erika was sure her face was bright red. “Well… I’ve learned a lot since then.”

The walk back to the car seemed twice as long as when they had arrived. Hunter quickly lowered the top then opened the door for Erika.

“Where to now?” She inquired.

“Since you are a tourist and have never been to Los Angeles, I thought I’d take you to a very special place.”

“Oh?” She raised an eyebrow at him. “A place you take all of your conquests?”

Hunter grinned, “Every single one of them.”

Erika poked her tongue out at him.

Somewhere along the drive to the mysterious destination, Hunter’s hand came to rest on Erika’s thigh. The comfort of such and intimate feeling caused her heart to race. It just rested there. He wasn’t trying to feel her up, he was just resting it there, touching her. Thank goodness because he’d have a very interesting surprise and she’d have a lot of explaining to do.

Erika pulled out her phone and sent one of the pics from the Pacific Wheel to her mother along with a text saying that Hunter was taking her someplace special.

“Texting your mom?” he asked.

“Yes.” Erika put her phone away. She wrapped her arm around his and slowly stroked his wrist and forearm with her fingertips.

“You an only child?” Hunter asked.

“Yes. How about you?”

“I’ve got a younger sister.” Hunter told her. “Allyson.”

“Allyson Allyson?” Erika questioned.

Hunter laughed. “No. Hal thought it would be helpful if I changed my last name to Allyson to use Great Grandmother’s legacy.”

“My birth name was Hunter Tavarez.” He told her, “so my sister is Allyson Tavarez.”

“Duh.” Erika giggled.

“I noticed you are using a different name than your mother’s.”

“I took Summers as a dedication to a friend who passed.” Erika explained.

“Her name was Summer?” Hunter probed.

Erika gave him a smile. A smile that didn’t contain as much pain as it had a year ago when talking about Summer. “She was my current best friend’s sister. My friend, Samantha, thought it would be cool if I took on Summers as a last name in her honor. I agreed.”

“Sorry to hear about Summer.” Hunter said. “I’m sure she’d be proud that you have done as much.”

Erika thought back to her friend and sometimes savior. “I think she would be too.”

Soon they were off the main road and driving through some neighborhoods. Hunter then turned onto another road that disappeared under a canopy of Eucalyptus and other trees. A large sign read Griffith Park.

“Did you grow up around here?” She asked.

“Not too far.” He pulled his hand from her leg. “Sorry, I’ll need this now.”

The road wound up a hill, the canopy of trees opened occasionally to reveal different areas of the park. Kids play grounds, Horse trails, soccer fields and baseball diamonds.

“L.A. is pretty big, but if you grow up here, you learn the important places pretty well. Once I got my driver’s license, well, I learned a lot of it fairly quickly.”

Before she knew it, they crested the hill and a large open area lay before them. On the far side of the open hill was a very interesting building that she had seen before in movies, the Griffith Observatory.

“I’ve seen this place in movies.” She exclaimed.

“Rebel without a cause…” Hunter smiled.

“Rocketeer, Charlies Angels.” Erika provided.

“La-la land.” Hunter laughed as he parked the car.

“Seriously? La-la Land?” Erika questioned.

Hunter shrugged. “I’m an actor, I have to appreciate all forms of film.”

Once out, he set to work raising the roof and locking it up before taking Erika’s hand and leading her to the art deco building.

“Santa Monica Pier, the beach and Griffith observatory all in one day.” She giggled.

They stopped in front of the building so that Erika could take the obligatory selfie with her hot movie star friend. She quickly sent the pic to her mother to let her know where they were.

Inside was very old, but very cool. A Huge pendulum slowly swung back and forth marking out the hours of the day. Off one corridor was a whole exhibit on Nikola Tesla. Hunter humored her as she absorbed the exhibit.

“I didn’t figure you for a science geek.” Hunter teased.

“Cuz it’s only our first date.” Erika made a face.

The two made it out to the balcony. It seemed as if the whole of Los Angeles was laid at her feet. She could see miles and miles all the way to the ocean where they had just come from. Everywhere she looked she saw streets, houses and buildings. Hills in the distance were harder to see because of the brown smoggy haziness.

“Wow.” Was all that she could say. She leaned against the balustrade, and slowly scanned back and forth, trying to take it all in. Hunter leaned against her, resting his hands on the balustrade on either side of her and peering over her shoulder. He raised a hand and began pointing out landmarks and areas of the city below her.

She relished the feel of him leaning into her as he spoke in a voice only for her ear.

After a few moments Erika twisted and faced him resting her hands behind her back against the balustrade. She looked up into his handsome face and raised up on her toes and kissed his cheek. He smiled down at her and leaned in finding her lips for a quick kiss.

After a few more pictures of the view as well as the building, the two walked back inside just in time to catch the planetarium show.

“It’s almost like Rebel without a cause.” She whispered as they took their seats.

--o0o—

Chapter 7
“Are you getting hungry?” Hunter asked as they made their way back to the car.
“Starting too.”
“What do you feel like having?”
Erika shrugged. “Nothing fancy. Something L.A.”
Hunter was quietly thinking as he made the Mustang convertible again.
“I think I’ve got just the place.” He grinned. “Definitely not fancy. Hardly a place to take a girl on her first date.”
“But the cemetery was?” Erika teased.
“Hey now, that was a strategic move to get away from the paparazzi.” Hunter raised his hands in defense.
“Well, after that, things can only get better.” Erika giggled.
The trip down through the park somehow seemed different because of the different light. It wasn’t long before Hunter pulled up to a small place with a huge pink sign that read ‘Pinks’. A line of at least thirty people cued up out in front.
“Pinks?” Erika was confused. She had never heard of it.
“You’ve never heard of Pinks?” Hunter asked in disbelief.
Erika shook her head.
“Its only the best hotdog place, ever. Let me rephrase that, not a place, an institution.” Hunter explained. He paused, his demeanor changed slightly, he lowered his voice. “I will be recognized here, so we’ll have to deal with fans. I hope that is okay.”
“Of course, it is.” Erika assured him. It would be interesting to see just how people would act upon recognizing him. She wondered if any would act worse than she did last night. “As long as you remember, that I’m your number one fan.” She added.
What was she saying? Was she marking her territory? That was ridiculous. They were just hanging out for the day. It’s not like moved here or anything. They were both leaving in a few days. Hell, they may never see each other ever again. That thought cause a sharp pain in her chest. Well it was true. She reminded herself.

“We got here in time.” Hunter assured her as they cued up behind everyone else. “There are usually a lot more people here.”

“For hotdogs?” Erika questioned.
“Not just hotdogs.” Hunter shook his head. “You’ll learn.”

“Um, Excuse, me,” a woman cued up behind them. “You’re Hunter Allyson, right?”

Hunter plastered a smile on his face and turned to meet the woman. “Yes.” He nodded.

“I loved your last rom-con.” She gushed. “You’re one of my favorite leading men.”

“That’s very kind of you.” Hunter shot Erika a look.

“Would it be alright if I got a selfie with you?” She asked.

“I’ll take it for you.” Erika volunteered with a smile. Inside, she was nearly giggling.

“Would you? That is so kind.” The woman handed Erika her phone.

Erika snapped a couple of pics and was surprised when the people in front of them asked if she would do the same for them.

Hunter dipped his head and whispered into her ear. “I warned you. This won’t end soon.”

Erika smiled at him. “This is kind of fun.” She chuckled.

The next ten minutes in line were spent with Hunter posing with Pinks patrons and signing a few autographs. Erika on one hand loved the attention that Hunter was getting, taking even more glee at his discomfort with it all and on the other a touch jealous. Towards the end, she just wanted him back to herself.

“Hello, Hunter.” The person behind the counter greeted. “Your usual?”

“Please.” Hunter nodded, “And whatever she is having.”

Erika had only a few moments to look at the menu just before they got to the counter and selected a special hotdog and onion rings.

“Hunter went to pay, and the cashier shook her head with a smile. “Someone already paid for yours.”

“Huh?” Hunter questioned. “The cashier pointed to a car pulling away. The father of that family paid for yours.” She clarified. “I think it was a thank you for the attention you gave his daughter.”

“That was very sweet of him.” Erika looked from the cashier to Hunter who wore a bit of a frown.

“I hate it when people do that.” Hunter grumbled. He forced a smile at the cashier and handed her a hundred-dollar bill. “Once we leave, please use that to buy food for the next few people. Please wait until we leave though.”

The cashier nodded understanding. “No problem, Mr. Allyson. That is very kind of you.”

Hunter just smiled. The two of them stood off to the side. Hunter’s fake smile was still plastered to his face.

“Hunter.” Erika said low enough only for him to hear. “If you’d like, I’ll wait here for the food if you want to wait in the car.”

Hunter looked astonished. “Not a chance.” He nearly barked. He lowered his voice and made it gentle, “You are my date tonight, I will not have you serving me.”

“Sorry.” Erika swallowed her astonishment. He just called her his date. Her heart flipped at the thought. Did he mean it? Or was it just an expression?

“No, I’m sorry, Erika.” He apologized. “I knew when I was driving you here that I’d have to make people’s day.” He used air quotes for that last part. “I just don’t like people paying for my stuff.”

“I thought it was a very nice gesture.” Erika stated. “That guy’s daughter was an introvert and was too scared to approach you.” She explained. “You were warm and welcoming and put her at ease. She’ll have an amazing story to tell the rest of her life and pictures to prove it. The father was showing gratitude the only way he knew how.” She blushed realizing that it sounded a bit like a lecture.

Hunter was quiet for a moment. “You’re right.” He gave her a genuine smile.

Erika scanned the wall of celebrities that covered the walls of Pinks. “Wow, all of these celebs come here?” She asked.
“We’re not that far from some of the studios.” Hunter explained. “Many celebs get cravings for Pinks.”

“They knew you and what your ‘usual’ was.” Erika teased. “I guess you get Pinks cravings a lot?”

Hunter shrugged.

“Mr. Allyson.” They called their order.

Erika balanced the bags of food on her lap as Hunter started up the car.

“Back to the cemetery?” Erika queried with a grin.

“Ouch. I deserved that.” Hunter chuckled. Hunter pulled out into traffic and honked the horn at the patrons of Pinks before they disappeared out of sight. A few minutes later he pulled into the parking lot of a park.

“At least it’s not a cemetery.” He smiled at Erika.

The two walked down a trail under some ficus trees and found a picnic table. Hunter divvied up the food and gave Erika a serious look. “Get ready to experience Pinks Hotdogs.”

Erika soon realized that there was definitely a difference between a hotdog and a Pinks hotdog. The two ate in virtual silence as they relished their dinner.

“What do you feel like doing now?” Hunter gathered up all of their trash.

Erika looked West and saw that the sun was heading down towards the ocean. “Is it too far to go back to the beach?” She asked. “I’d love to watch another sunset.”

“That sounds fantastic.” Hunter agreed.

Erika text her mother as they walked back to the car to let her know that she and Hunter had Pinks for dinner and were heading back to the beach to watch the sunset.

Erika welcomed the sun warmed seats as they pulled out of the park parking lot. Hunter’s hand found a comfortable resting place on her thigh. She was amazed at how comforting it was for his hand to be there. It was almost a possessive gesture and she delighted that Hunter Allyson would feel that way towards her.

Her feelings were very confusing today. She just admitted to herself that she liked Hunter showing an interest in her and yet only a week ago she would have sworn that she was absolutely not interested in guys. Why was her mind working in circles like this? Was she over thinking things? She told herself to just shut up and enjoy this day and to not overthink anything for the rest of the evening. Hunter would be leaving for a film shoot and she would be heading back to Constitution, that was all there would be to it. Today was marvelous so far, why spoil it with what ifs?

Erika lay her head back and soaked in the sun. the warm sun. If this was winter in Los Angeles, then she didn’t want to go back to cold Constitution. She couldn’t seem to get enough of the palm trees. They were everywhere. Lining streets and boulevards, scattered through parks, even in front of stores and restaurants.

“What are you thinking?” Hunter looked over at her while at a red light.

“Just how wonderful this sun feels and how cool palm trees are.”

Hunter laughed. “I grew up here.” His fingers tapped her thigh then rested there again. “I marvel at the mountains, forests and quiet.”

As they were approaching the ocean, the traffic really bogged things down. The aroma of the salty breeze was getting mixed well with the exhaust of the cars around them.

“I’ve got a plan.” Hunter grinned. He pulled into the valet of a very nice hotel and tossed the keys to a valet. He then took Erika’s hand and led her into the lobby.

“What are we doing?” She asked.

“Getting a good parking spot.” He grinned. He led her towards the check in desk then made a turn. Erika found herself in a hotel grill with a patio entrance. Hunter led her out back on to the side walk where they joined the throng of pedestrians crossing the busy street and into the soft sand.

“I’m confused.” Erika confessed.

“Simple. They park my car and it will be more secure in their garage than in a beach parking lot.” He explained. “On the way back, we’ll stop for a drink to show that we have used their restaurant and then we can get a break on our parking fees.”

“Erika grinned.

“If we had checked in, the parking would have been free, but the rooms here are a few hundred a night, so, we’ll enjoy the grill instead.”

A few steps into the sand Hunter stopped. Erika halted as well and looked up to see a golden blazing sun hovering a few inches over the horizon of the ocean. Tonight’s sunset lacked some of the amazing colors of the one she saw at the restaurant with Mr. Wilson, but it was just as awe inspiring all the same.

Erika found herself hugging Hunter’s arm as she looked out over the silver sea with golden frothy waves rolling in.

Hunter looked down and smiled at her. “The sunsets here are something you never get used to.”

He stepped forward and guided her across the cooling sand. It was still warm from the afternoon sun, but there was a coolness just under the top layer.

Many people were dragging tired kids and beach chairs back to their cars while others like she and Hunter made their way towards the water. Erika looked north along the beach and realized that they were only a mile or two south of the Santa Monika pier. The neon on the rides were starting to light up the entertainment that it provided.

The crash of the waves seemed louder than this morning as they made their way around dug pits and piles of sand that had once been someone’s work of art.

Hunter stopped again and studied the terrain around them before allowing his knees to buckle and his bottom to land on the sand. He reached for Erika and guided her as she crossed her legs and half collapsed in his lap. She adjusted slightly, making sure that the skirt of her dress wasn’t going to show things that it shouldn’t then sat quietly staring out over the vastness once again.

This morning’s tryst somehow seemed a lifetime away. She realized that it happened only that morning and only a few miles North of where they were now sitting. The memory of his lips tasting hers sent goose pimples across her skin.

“Cold?” Hunter pulled her back so that she had no choice but to lay her head against his chest and wrapped his arms around hers.

She wasn’t cold, but with this protective demeanor, his strong arms nestling her into his chest, she didn’t want to protest. The day so far had been so magical, she didn’t want to do anything to bring it breaking to a full stop. Just let it ride a bit longer.
Erika spotted clumps of other couples doing exactly what they were along the beach. So many people in love with each other experiencing a magical sunset on what seemed like the edge of the world.
Erika looked up at her … what was he exactly? A friend? Friends didn’t kiss like they had. A boyfriend? It was only going to be this one day. A lover? Well, that would be a little hard with her little secret.
Her mind decided it didn’t matter as his lips pressed against hers. Her blood heated at his taste, her back arched slightly as one of her hands freed its self from his embrace and cupped his cheek, urging him to continue.

Erika didn’t know how long they had been sitting there, their lips locked, their tongues seeking, probing, tasting, but when she finally withdrew her mouth from his, the sun was already touching the ocean.

Just one day. No cares, no worries, just one day of absolute bliss. She stared at the brilliant orange sun but couldn’t concentrate on much other than the rise and fall of Hunter’s chest and the strong heart beat in his chest.

The sky turned a brilliant, dark red as the sun disappeared. The ocean had been drained of all of its color. Just a vast grayness, the crashing waves a silver in contrast as they broke against the sand.

“I’d break this romantic silence with a demand for a selfie.” Erika murmured just loud enough for his ears, “but I think it’s a bid dark for pictures.”

“You have a flash.” His voice was a soft baritone.

“But that would be even more un-romantic.” Her lips nibbled at his bicep. “Do you have anything else to show me on this incredible day?”

“I need to come up with something.” He sighed. “I don’t want it to end.”

Erika sighed even heavier. “Me either.”

He kissed the side of her forehead just above her eye. We should be heading back, it’s really starting to get cold now.”

“I don’t want to leave your arms.” Erika admitted. She could feel her face heat at that admittance.

“Me either.” Hunter sat forward and moved his legs. His arms left hers and she felt his hands grab her around the waist and tried to lift her up. She was way heavier that what he could lift in that position, but she marveled at the strength that he exhibited in the try.
She gathered her feet under her and with his help got to her feet. She then turned and offered a hand to him.

“Right.” Hunter scoffed.

Erika offered her hand again with a demanding snap. Hunter took it and she felt him nearly pull her back down, but she leaned away and was able to help him to his feet.

Hunter looked down at her with new astonishment. “Wow. I’ll try not to underestimate you again.”

Erika brushed sand from her dress and legs, took off her useless flats and poured sand out of them as well. Switching the pair into one hand, she took Hunter’s with the other and walked back towards the vast concrete jungle ahead of them.

Once back across the street, Erika was disappointed when Hunter released her hand, but felt her blood warm and a smile spread across her face as his hand softly pressed the middle of her back and guided her into the grill for a refreshment.

Erika pulled out her phone and text her mother that they would be leaving the beach soon. “What’s next?” She asked Hunter.

“Well…” He thought for a moment. “I was thinking of maybe taking you to check out Casandra’s band. I text her and asked where she was playing tonight.”

“That sounds awesome.” Erika smiled before drinking her ice tea. Her phone alerted her of a text.

Mom: Sounds like you’re having fun. Be home by ten tonight. Mr. Winters called, Brook will be picking you up at five tomorrow morning for your shoot with Teen.

Erika: Ugh, another early morning. K. I’ll see you soon.

“Who’s that?” Hunter inquired.

“My mother. I have to be home by ten.”

Hunter frowned. “That won’t give us much time to hear Cassandra.”

“I have a five a.m. pick up tomorrow for a photo shoot with Teen Magazine.” Erika explained.

“Yuck. I hate early morning calls.” Hunter shrugged it off. “okay, we’ll have fun for a few more hours until you turn into a pumpkin.”

Erika smiled back. She never thought she, of all people, would be compared to Cinderella.

“Did you and Cassandra have a history?” She had been wondering since last night.

Hunter shook his head. “Just friends. Being celebrities or celebrity’s kid’s kind of bonds us together. It was difficult fitting in at the parties and galas when everyone else there is your parent’s age.”

“You didn’t date?” Erika pushed. “She is very attractive and seems very nice.”

“She is both.” Hunter agreed. “Nah. We run in different circles. Like I said last night, her dad has easy access to drugs and alchahol.”

“Does she do drugs?” Erika’s voice was full of concern.

“I believe she is clean now.” Hunter admitted. “She did a couple of stints in rehab. Her father, I believe, is still a user.”

“Poor thing.” Erika felt genuine sympathy for the young woman who was so nice to her last night.

“She saved me, once.” Hunter admitted. “I was still new to this whole celeb thing and drank too much at an after party. She half carried me to a private bathroom and consoled me as I spewed into the toilet for an hour.” He grimaced at the memory. “She could have left me to pass out in my own vomit and have that picture all over the tabloids, but she was awesome and wiped my brow and mouth with a cool cloth and called my mom to pick me up.”

“She did something nice for me last night in the bathroom.” Erika admitted. “I sensed that she was a good person.”

Hunter nodded. They left the grill, retrieved the car and began driving. The air blowing her pony around behind her was still relatively warm. Seriously? This was winter in L.A.? it was just so hard to grasp the concept.
“Where are we heading now?” she wondered aloud.
“It’s after dark.” Hunter stated. “There won’t be as many tourists on the walk of fame. I figured this would be the best time to go before I take you to your hotel.”

“Really?” She nearly bounced in the seat.

“At this time of evening, its mostly full of party goers. We will more likely be left alone.”

The sun may have set, but the cement sidewalk still radiated a warmth that was comforting. Hunter led her along the star-studded sidewalk stopping at different ones to take pictures and even a selfie or two. The walk was still quite busy with a crowd bouncing from one bar and night club to another.

“Do you have one?” Erika asked.

“Not yet.” Hunter shook his head, “but my great grandmother does.”

“Really? Can we see it?”

“Do you even know who she was? Have you ever seen one of her films?” Hunter asked.

Erika quietly shook her head with a pout. “No, but it would be cool to see you with her star.” She persuaded.

“We’ll see.” He didn’t make any promises.

There were so many stars with so many names. In some cases, she found a celeb had more than one star.

“There’s a big crowd ahead.” Hunter warned. “Shall we start heading back?”

Erika was a bit disappointed but
having a better understanding of his nervousness in crowds, she agreed. They crossed the street and spotted more stars of people they knew.
Erika stifled a yawn as they settled back into Hunter’s red convertible.

“It has been a long day, hasn’t it?” Hunter mentioned.

“A full, very fun day.” Erika agreed. This whole day started out with receiving flowers from well-wishers, then Hunter showed up. They purchased sunglasses. Erika was now very glad to have had them for the day. Then they saw most of Hollywood, the beach twice and ate at two L.A. icons.
Glad that the vintage car didn’t have shoulder straps, Erika leaned her head against Hunter’s shoulder as he drove back to her hotel.

The silence between them only heightened the different smells that whipped around them on the balmy breeze. The shadows of the palm trees against the dark sky looked so alien compared to the trees of Constitution.

Too soon, Hunter pulled into the hotel valet. Erika smiled at the young man who helped her out of the car and waited for just a moment for Hunter to hand over his keys.

“You don’t have to come up.” Erika told him. “I should be fine.”

Hunter coughed. “A gentleman always walks his date to her door.”

Erika smiled and hugged his arm as they walked into the lobby and waited for the elevator.

Once inside, Erika shifted to her tiptoes and feathered his lips with hers. She was rewarded with his hand cupping the back of her neck in an answering deeper kiss. Too soon, the elevator doors opened to her floor. They held hands as they walked down the hall.

Erika stopped before her door and turned to Hunter. “I had one of the absolute best times in my life today, Hunter. Thank you so much.” Parting is such sweet sorrow she thought. She didn’t want to think about never seeing Hunter again, but she would have the memory of this day forever bookmarked in her memory.

“I really enjoyed myself too.” Hunter smiled. “He took her in his arms again and kissed her firmly.

Again, her toes curled and her back arched. She wondered what this guy had that no one else could match. Finally parting, Erika struggled to catch her breath.

“I should be going.” Hunter’s hand lingered in hers. “You have a big day tomorrow too. Get some sleep.” Hunter released her hand and turned for the elevator.

Immediately Erika’s palm itched to be touched by his again. Her lips, she knew were quite swollen from that kiss. She took a deep breath and slid her key into the door.

“Well hello there, Cinderella.” Her mother greeted. “It looked like you had a fantastic day. Want to talk about it?” It was the second time someone referenced Cinderella to her that day.

“Not much to talk about, other than it was wonderful.” Erika grinned sheepishly. She yawned and stretched. “I’m beat.”

“Set your alarm tor four-thirty. Brook will be here by five.”

“Yes, mother.” Erika padded into her room and closed the door. The one thing about the beach was that sand got everywhere. She decided to take a shower, and shave before going to bed. She didn’t want to get sand in her sheets, that would be kinda gross.
Erika checked the time on her phone. Hunter had dropped her off a bit early. She would have liked some more time with him, but then again, she had nearly all day.

Before showering, Erika decided that she had better remove and reapply her breast forms. She took out her solvent and got to work.

The shower felt amazing, she hadn’t realized just how much sand, salt and sunscreen had coated her skin. She was astonished at the amount of sand in the bottom of the shower. The water hitting her chest, devoid of breast forms was also very strange. She went over her day in detail as she washed her hair and body. Over the feeling of Hunter’s lips against hers, of his hand at the small of her back and of his fingers touching her thigh as he drove.
She stood still as she realized that only a couple of times during that whole date did she not feel like a girl.
“Hunter treated me as a girl.” She whispered to herself. “Of course, he did, dummy, he had no reason to think that you weren’t a girl. Until last night, he didn’t even know who I was. I didn’t have that constant nagging in the back of my mind screaming, I’m a fraud.” She smiled at the realization. “Jake, although he doesn’t know it, knew me before last summer. That with his going to school with me keeps me on guard. I can’t relax and just be myself with him. Tricia? Well, Tricia knew me as I was finding, discovering myself. She sees me as something else, not quite girl, but not quite guy. I feel like I’m playing both roles with her sometimes.”

Erika rinsed the conditioner out of her hair and extensions. She made sure that she removed hair from every inch of her body. It took a long time, but her soft skin, felt amazing and she knew that makeup would go on much better tomorrow with a hairless body.
After patting dry, she washed her forms and dried them as well as she could. She yawned again and decided that she would just have to put them back on in the morning.

Once in her nightgown, Erika slipped between the sheets and smiled to herself as she went over her date with Hunter yet again.

Authors note: currently I'm on a business trip. Sorry it is late I hope that posting 2 episodes will make it up to you.

up
150 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

A wonderful memory

and maybe something else for Erika. A very enjoyable and sweet chapter.

Fun Time

Erika exploring who she is and how she sees the world. I'm hoping this vacation from the drama at school doesn't add to the problems there.

Thanks for sharing.

Wow...

I really hope Hunter doesn't react badly once he finds out she's transgender.. I have a feeling he will. But it's good for her to see how she truly feels. However if she really feels that way about Tricia, she should talk to her. And explain to her she's all girl, not inbetween, not a boy. I hope she finds some peace.

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

Tell all?

Jamie Lee's picture

Erika told herself she'd have to tell Tricia everything. After the way Tricia reacted the last time, finding out about the day with Hunter is liable to hit Tricia extremely hard. But because of the self is with Hunter, does she have another choice?

And whose to say that someone didn't spot the couple and take a few photos?

The time with Hunter was a new experience for Erika, so naturally she'd respond to Hunter as she did. And yet, this might have confused her more as to which gender attracts her more. But the time with Hunter did cause her to try and answer the questions which popped up.

Others have feelings too.

A great day

laika's picture

hitting a lot of LA 'must sees' + with no ugly surprises. Erika's thoughts while taking her shower after it all sort of put things she'd been wondering about in perspective; that she didn't have to be Erika-the-transgender-person, she could just be a girl named Erika, this alone would be intoxicating. Add Hunter being handsome + a genuinely nice guy, it made her day perfect, and while they snuggled and she liked him nothing really happened that should alarm or upset Tricia; except for the fact that she connected on an emotional level with a boy she wouldn't have much chance of a relationship with. I'd like to see Hunter's reaction if he found out she's trans. And I would hope that reaction would be accepting. It would give Erika a boost toward feeling secure in who she is that she could take home with her. Better than a pair of $300 sunglasses!
~onward! Veronica

.
(When I was 12 we used to ride our stingray bikes from Paramount clear up Vermont to Griffith Park because we heard there were nekkid hippie women running around there. Saw a lot of hippies but none of them nekkid. Dumb things kids do...)

dream date

very sweet.

DogSig.png