Nora Midnight Part 10

Printer-friendly version

Nora and Ginger walks into the hospital room where Melody was. She was watching cartoons.

“N-Nora, y-you returned.” Melody was so happy that Nora had returned.

“I told you I would, Melody.” Nora gives her a hug.

Ginger looks at the girl her mother told her about and notices all her fingers were in splits. She also had her head wrapped up. There were a few tubes connected to her.

“Hi, Melody. I’m Ginger, Nora’s daughter.” Ginger holds out her hand for Melody to shake.

“I-It’s n-nice to m-meet you.” Melody shakes Ginger’s hand.

She could tell Ginger had some pretty nails. They had little kitty faces on them. She looks back towards Nora.

“W-Will I b-be able to go with y-you?” Melody was concern that Nora wouldn’t want her.

“As soon as the doctor gives the okay, you’ll be coming home with me. You and Ginger will be sharing a bedroom. I hope you don’t mind.” Nora hadn’t told Ginger yet.

“I-I don’t mind. I-It will be nice to h-have a s-sister.” Melody looks at Ginger to see if she minded.

Ginger didn’t mind sharing a room. She could see the abuse in Melody’s eyes. She wouldn’t mind helping this girl.

“Why don’t you two girls get to know each other, while I go and speak with Dr. Goodman.” Nora leaves the hospital room and goes looking for Dr. Goodman.

She finds him at one of the nurse’s station.

“Dr. Goodman, when can Melody come home with me?” Nora was still waiting to hear from Ginger’s social worker about handling Melody’s case.

“She’s doing better, Ms. Midnight. I would say she can be release tomorrow, afternoon. I just need to perform one more test and if the test comes back negative. I’ll discharge her to your custody.” Dr. Goodman didn’t see why Melody couldn’t be discharged to Ms. Midnight’s care.

“Thank you, Dr. Goodman.” Nora glances at her wrist watch and notices it was getting close to when Christina would be getting off.

She pulls her cell phone out and dial Kelly’s phone number.

Kelly was in the kitchen gathering what she was going to need to make dinner tonight, when her cell phone rings. She notices it was Nora calling her. She picks the cell phone up.

“Hey sweetie. What can I do for you?” Kelly walks over to the cabinets to pull down some spices.

“Can you pick Christina up from work for me please?” Nora wanted to give Ginger and Melody sometime to learn a little about each other.

“Sure, let me get dinner going and I’ll fetch Christina. How is the girl we rescued doing?” Kelly figures the items can cook in the crock pot while they were gone.

“She is doing fine. Dr. Goodman wants to do one more test and if it comes back negative. She’ll be able to be discharge to my custody tomorrow evening.” Nora was still getting used to being, a mother.

She hadn’t planned on becoming a mother when she retired from the DSS. Nor, had she thought about becoming a teacher either. Now, she has become a mother and if she understood Principal Kramer right. He would like for her to come and be a teacher at Ginger’s school.

“That’s good. Well, let me get things going and I’ll go and get Christina from her job. See you later, sweetie.” Kelly ends the call.

Nora puts her cell phone back in her purse and heads back to Melody’s room. She peeks in and notices that Ginger and Melody was getting along well. Ginger was showing Melody a music video on her cell phone. She just stands and observe them for a while.

She was proud of Ginger in accepting Melody. After the video she was showing Melody ended, Midnight walks in.

“Well, how are you two girls getting along?” Nora looks at both girls.

“G-Ginger w-was showing me some v-video’s. I-I was n-never allowed to own a p-phone.” Melody felt so stupid being around Ginger.

“It’s going to be okay, Melody.” Ginger gives Melody a hug.

She felt sorry for the poor girl. She won’t mind being her older sister. She’s never had a sister before, so this will be new for her.

Nora just smiles at the two of them “I got some good news for you Melody. Dr. Goodman said he had one more test to perform on you tomorrow and if the result come back good. You’ll be able to come home with me.”

“Y-You’ll let me come and l-live with you and G-Ginger?” Melody couldn’t believe that someone would take her.

Her father said she was a worthless, stupid and moronic cow. That the only thing she was good for, was being used like a female dog in heat.
He also told her that her mother should had aborted her, once she found out that she was pregnant with her.

“I believe thats what mom said, sis.” Ginger gives her a sisterly smile and hug.

“Melody, we’re going to leave you now, but I promise to be back tomorrow morning after dropping Ginger off at school.” Nora wouldn’t mind taking Melody home tonight, but Dr. Goodman said he needed to perform one more test, before he would release her.

Nora walks over and gives Melody a hug “I promise I’ll be back tomorrow, Melody.”

“O-Okay.” Melody didn’t want Nora or Ginger to leave, but Nora always kept her word to her.

Ginger gives her a hug as well “I can’t wait till you come home tomorrow. You’ll like meeting Kelly and Christina.”

Melody watches as Nora and Ginger leave. She snuggles under the blanket and hold her teddy bear to her. She can’t wait to leave the hospital.

Nora and Ginger head down to Nora’s car. Ginger looks at Nora just as they reach the mustang.

“Mom, is it alright if I have a person over to help them? The new quarterback of our football team needs help with Trig and asked me to tutor him.”

“I don’t see why you can’t. Kelly will be picking you and your friend up, unless you want to take the bus?” Nora starts the mustang up.

“Kelly will be fine mom. I hope I’ll be a good big sister to Melody. She seems to need someone who cares about her.” Ginger had seen how other foster kids had been treated like Melody.

“I think you’ll make a very good big sister. Just remember, she’s going to need some help. According to what Doctor Goodman has told me about her medical condition. There are signs that she has survived several injuries to her head. He believes that is why she seems a little slow and has a stutter to her speech. You might need to help her sometimes.”

“I don’t mind, mom. What is going to happen to her father?” Ginger was concern about that.

“Let’s just say that he isn’t going to last long in prison. I made a call to a family friend in the District Attorney’s office and he is going to be sent to general population. The men in that part of the prison don’t like child abusers or pedophiles.” Nora hopes he gets what is due to him.

When they walk into the house. They saw Christina in an extremely good mood.

“Okay, why are you so happy?” Nora was curious.

“I’m going to Hollywood to work on a movie set. Rob wants me to come along and help. He said that our hotel room and meals are being paid
for by the production company. He doesn’t know how long we are going to be there, but it shouldn’t be longer than a week and a half.”
Christina couldn’t believe she was going to Hollywood.

Nora looked concerned. If Christina goes to Hollywood, she couldn’t protect her or look after her.

“Christina, come with me to my bedroom please.” Nora heads towards her bedroom.

Christina follows behind her into the bedroom. She watches as Nora goes over to her closet and reach up on her top self. She pulls down a slim box.

“This is my back-up bullet proof vest, Christina. I’ve never worn it and it’s lighter then my normal one. I know you might not be expecting any trouble while you’re there, but I rather you be prepared for any trouble that might pop up. Also, you won’t be able to take any weapons with you on the plane. I have a brief case that you can hide your weapon in that the x-ray machines can’t pick-up. It was given to me while I was station over in Europe. It has a metal foam lining inside a tungsten case. Even if you look inside the case, you can’t spot it.” Nora shows Christina how the case work.

She removes the panels on the inside of the case. Behind the panel, Christina could see where a gun and two magazines could be stored and replace the panel.

“You can also use the case to block bullets.” Nora hands the brief case over to Christina.

“Thank you, Nora.” Christina accepts the case.

“Just do me a favor of not getting into any trouble while you’re in Hollywood please.” Nora just smiles at Christina. She was very proud of her.

"I promise not to get into any trouble, while I'm gone." Rescuing Jack's daughter and her friends had put her on some nasty persons radar, not to mention when she stopped the robbery at the convenience store as well.

Christina drops the brief case in her bedroom, before heading towards the dining room to have dinner.

up
217 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

looks like

the new family is gelling nicely.