The Birth Of A Coywolf Part 14

Printer-friendly version

Ginny watches the clouds drift in the sky as she laid back on her lounger and enjoyed the peacefulness around her. She was working on her tan on the back deck. Stephen had to work today, so he wasn’t around to tease her. Bryan and Leonard had to go out of town. They were meeting up with a few other Alpha’s to discuss a problem that had come up during the negotiation of the new pack.

Sumner from the Himamika pack was visiting and since he was a close friend of Bryan’s. He was staying at the pack house as a guest. He comes walking out to the back deck to do a few laps in the pool and notices his friends newest pack member tanning in the nude. He ignores her and put his towel on the lounge chair next to hers.

Bryan had told him her name was Ginny Teanby and worked up at the local junkyard. She was also the only Coywolf around. She had been created by a virus created by a local vet trying to create a different type of Weres.

Ginny glances over towards Sumner as he dives into the pool and does a few laps. She knew he was a Were-Wolf from Kentucky and was second in charge of Himamika clan. She watches him for a while. She gets bored and goes back to watching the clouds in the sky.

Sumner had spotted Ginny watching him. He wonders if she was his mate, but when she turned to look up at the sky and his wolf hadn’t reacted. He knew she wasn’t. Still, he had never heard of a crossbred Were before. Especially, one artificially created.

He does a few more laps. Once he was done doing the laps he holds onto the side of the pool and looks up at Ginny.

“I heard you guys had to call in some heavy guns to keep one of the vampires in place. Who did Bryan call in?” He had heard rumors about the meeting.

Ginny looks over towards him “the enforcers for the vampires and two demi-goddesses. I think the older of the two wanted to kill Victor.”

“That must have been Titanis. She and her wife don’t care for vampires that much.” Sumner has met Titanis a few times. He also has met her wife as well.

“I don’t think the other woman with her, was her wife. I think Bryan said she was Titanis’s little sister.” She had talked with Theia for a little bit.
She found the woman interesting, especially what she could see of her tattoo’s. She could have sworn that the birds and bees on her skin had moved.

“I didn’t know she had a sister. That’s something new.” The last Sumner knew Titanis only had a wife.

“I don’t think she advertises that she has a sister. So, what is the Himamika pack like?” Ginny was curious about it.

“What do you want to know? How big we are?” Sumner didn’t mind sharing that information.

“We have over a hundred members that belong to our pack. We only have Wolves in our pack. The Chattan Pride takes all sorts of cats into their pride, but we only take wolves. Our Zupan might have made an exception for you, but normally we don’t allow non-Wolves to join us.”

“That’s kind of male chauvinist of your Zupan.” Just from hearing what Sumner said. She didn’t have a high opinion of him.

“That’s the rules in the Kentucky pack. Not even Ava could change the Zupan’s mind and she is married to his only daughter.” Sumner knew
Ava could bring the Zupan down if she wanted to. She was more powerful than both the Alphas in Kentucky.

“Who’s Ava?” Ginny hadn’t met her before.

“She’s the Zupan’s daughter-in-law and doesn’t like playing by the rules,” Sumner remembered the first time he met her. She had been shot all
to hell by the Hunter’s with cold iron bullets.

They had tracked her by the GPS in her cellphone while she was with her aunt on the way to the Zupan’s house and ambushed them. Cold
Iron bullets had been used against her because she Were abilities came from her Fey heritage, instead of her Were heritage. They almost succeed in killing her. If her aunt hadn’t stopped the bleeding till Brenda got there, she would have died.

“So, what type of Were is this Ava person? Is she a Wolf like her mate?” Ginny was curious.

“Nope, she’s a Were-Lynx, but she has a second form. She carries the spirit of a phobia. Which is of Celtic legend. Depending on what type of
mood she is in, she can be helpful or harmful to you. An ancient Celtic mage found out the hard way. What happened when you try to control her. She only listens to one person and that is her wife.” The Zupan only had a small influence on the spirit that dwelled inside of her.

“You mean she is a Werecat and carries another spirit inside of her? Is that possible?” Ginny didn’t know that was possible.

“Not for us normal Were’s. She’s different. Her family has intermarried with the Fey, Were-Wolves, and Werecats. In her family, you never know what the children are going to be. Just like you. If you marry a Were. You might give birth to whatever that Were is or what you are. It all depends on which set of genes are stronger or available.”

“So, if I marry a normal human, my child might be normal?”

“There’s a slim chance that might happen. I don’t know if you can make others like yourself like a normal Were-wolf, but there’s the possibility
that you could change your mate.” Sumner wonders why Bryan hadn’t covered this with Ginny.

“Well, I hope I don’t meet my mate. I like being single and learning about myself.” Ginny didn’t need any more complications in her life.

Sumner just smiles “you have time. Most Weres have a long life unless they get themselves killed.”

Sumner pushes off the side of the pool and float on his back. He leans back and stares up at the sky. He’s been around for the last hundred and fifty years. He was turned when he was turned during America civil war. A large wolf had attacked him and left him for dead.

“CANNONBALL!” Ginny jumps off the deck and into the middle of the pool.

She sends a huge wave towards Sumner when she hits the water. She resurfaces and gets hits by a wave from Sumner.

"Hey, no fair." Ginny splash back at him.

The two of them engage in a splashing contest and after a while they stop and drift around the pool.

up
188 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Complication?

Jamie Lee's picture

Wonder what snag they hit at the negotiations? Maybe Victor trying to be subtle in trying to control things, by using another no one would suspect?

Others have feelings too.