TG Techie: Chapter 24: Period

Printer-friendly version

Period

v!v

I woke up Saturday morning feeling even worse than the day before. And I woke up so wet I could feel it on my thighs. I reached down to touch and found I’d dried flaky. Wait that wasn’t what was supposed to happen, was it. In growing alarm I reached down to touch and brought my fingers to my eyes. There was dried blook flaked on my fingers.

Ohhhhhhhhhhshit! “Mom!”

v!v

I got out of the worst shower of my life, feeling like my insides had been scraped raw. Well that feeling is where your uterus is. Great to know. I tried to forget the blood in the drain and the way it soaked the soap and left my hands looking like they were covered in fuzzy blood. That would stick with me all my life.

Out of the shower and in a beach towel I’d found in the closet, my mother came into my bathroom with two packages. “I went to the store for you. I figured you didn’t want to stand in front of the “Wall of Womanly Shame.” She was entirely correct, and I loved her for it. “That time is coming though, because these are stop gaps.”

Great.

She held the packages up, “Would you like to wear diapers or risk death.”

“Whats the third option?”

“Early menopause.”

“Great.” I considered for a moment. On the one hand, tampons seemed like the blood stopper of choice for most women. On the other hand, they were a piece of cotton you jammed inside you. That didn’t seem great. On the third hand, pads didn’t carry a chance of toxic shock syndrome that could kill me. On the fourth hand, they were basically diapers. I sat on the toilet and put my head in my hands. “Biologically female.” In the back of my mind I had known this was coming, but it sucked much more than I thought it would. “I’ll take increased dignity with chance of death.”

“Popular choice.” She put the box of tampons next to me on the sink. “There are instructions, but you’re going to have to find your own method of… application. And once we figure out what your flow is like, we can get you a better product.”

“Please don’t say that.”

“What, ‘flow’?”

“Yes, that.”

“Would you prefer ‘gush’?”

No.

“Slosh?”

“Get out mom.”

“Sure dearheart, I’ll let you figure it out.”

Still on the toilet I pulled the packet too me and took a look. “Stand on floor with one foot on toilet or raised surface.” I did that. “Insert applicator.” That must be the end with the little star.

“Relax as much as you can. Just get it in an inch or so,” mom said from outside the door.

“Mom!”

It went in with a little pain and stretching. I hit the plunger, and was hit with a very uncomfortable sensation. It was like stuffing a wad of cotton into your bleeding mouth. Not like where a dentist had removed a baby tooth or something. Like the back of your mouth was bleeding and you were cramming a big piece of cotton in there. Only it was in your genitals. It didn’t hurt, but it felt like it should have. I removed the applicator and felt the little string come out.

Well I guess I’m equipped for whatever. Man do I not want pants today.

v!v

“Those pants are filthy.” Mom caught me at the table reading the comics and having a poptart.

“It’s just a lot of glue.” When I twisted wrong I could feel the tampon rub my insides. “We duchmaned yesterday.”

“Oh, well that explains nothing to me dearheart.”

“We glued canvas to the flats so that they’ll be easier to paint.” She sat at the table and took the comic page I’d read from me. “Bizzaro is good today.”

“So you’re wearing the filthy clothes today because…”

“Oh, we’re painting platforms. These have now become my painting clothes.”

Mom nodded, and then laughed at Bizarro. “Do you want a ride to tech today? I’m not doing anything.”

“MoooOom!”

“Okay, I’m sorry I asked.” She looked a little hurt.

“I… I guess it would be okay. I can text Autumn. But just drive me there, I’ll ride back with her.”

Mom smiled a little bit, then said, “You’ve been coming home late every day. Do you need a cerfew?”

That was the nice thing about my mom. We discussed my limits. “Well if you’re feeling uncomfortable, I guess.” I rushed on, “But I’m really just hanging out with my friends, and I’ve been back before nine every night this week.”

“Hmmmm. Let call nine your soft limit, and ten your hard limit.”

“Aren’t… Aren’t those sex terms?”

“For bondage, dearheart. Thereapists have to learn these things sometimes. But the terms are usefull. Try to be back by nine, and if you’re in after ten I’ll use your hide as a rug, okay?”

She was funny, but I couldn’t let on that she was funny. I gave a teenagerish one shoulder shrug instead as I finished my poptart. I gave her the rest of my comics, and sat in the chair, bleeding slowly into a rag inside my vagina. God this sucks. “Mom?”

She put down the comics to look at me.

“Could I have some money to shop for clothes?”

“Would you like to go shopping today or tomorrow?”

“Maybe… Maybe you could just give me the money, and I can go shopping… like with my friends.” I have to figure out how you ask a friend to take you shopping, but one step at a time Aisling.

She thought about it so long I was sure it was a no, then said, “I think that would be alright. Target clothes are probably not what a teen girl wants to wear in any case.”

“Mom. I’m still a guy.”

“Yes you are dear.” She didn’t add what we were both thinking. “You’re a guy who wants to go shopping with his girlfriends in a boutique.” Mom cleared her throat instead, “How much money do you think you’ll need?”

“Probably like, sixty dollars?”

“Where are you going shopping?”

“I don’t know, wherever everyone wants to go, I guess.”

She didn’t really look at me when she said, “Let’s make it two hundred.”

“Clothes aren’t that much mom.”

“Oh? Are you shopping for boys clothes?”

“MoooOOm.” I thought my voice had squeaked again, but it was just my girls voice. I cleared my throat anyway and said, in a very tiny voice, “No. Girl clothes.”

“Then you’ll need two hundred dollars, dearheart.”

I wasn’t mad, but I got up from the table like I was, and stomped to the kitchen to wash my plate. Why did I act mad? I wasn’t actually mad. Then I felt tears streaming down my face, and I started to blubber as I held my plat under the water. Finally I just dropped it in the sink, and wiped my nose on my sleeve, trying to stop crying.

Mom carefully folded the paper and came into the kitchen where she held me tight. I hugged her and kept crying. “I’m sorry,” I said, “I didn’t mean to act ma—ah—ad!” My voice cracked all over the place on the last word.

“It’s okay,” Mom said, and just hugged me tighter. “Are you sure you want to go to tech today?”

My mood swung around 180 degrees. I stepped out of her hug, “Yeah, why are you trying to stop me?”

Mom raised an eyebrow at me, then she sighed like all the air was being let out of her, and sat back down at the table facing me. “I’m going to ask you a question that will enrage you for the next forty years dearheart. It goes, ‘do you think you’re acting this way because you’re on your period?’”

Holy motherfucking shit, she’s right. And instead of answering her, I let out a shriek. A really girly shriek. Like a girl who can’t take anymore. Then I bolted upstairs, flung myself onto my bed, and cried into my pillow.

v!v

My… let’s call it a fit… lasted about twenty seconds. Then I realized that I had tech, that the loft was a thing we could do today, got overwhelmed by horniness, realized that I needed to change my sheets because they were bloody, was consumed by rage, and finally got up and threw my pack together.

I went to the bathroom, figured three tampons could last me the rest of the day and went downstairs. Mom was reading on the couch with her shoes on. “I texted Autumn,” I tried not to cry or rage, or whatever it was that my feelings were. “Would you please drive me to the school?”

Mom just got up off the couch, put her keys in her hand and walked to the door. I followed as contritely as I could.

It was my turn to choose the music. In a fit of pique I went with something really girly. I was in the mood for Alanis Morriset for not reason at all. Mom said nothing as Alanis raged through the drive to the school.

At the slowdown approaching I–25 she finally spoke, “I’m glad you’ve found something you like here.”

I sighed and put my head on the back of the seat, “I kind of did it by accident. There was this crew, and they wanted me in. And I got in.”

“I think it’s good for you. What do you do?”

Sex. “We just kind of hang out.” And there’s a lot of sex. “And do stuff. Like pokemon.” And sex. God I want some sex right now. Then I realized that my whole body was gross, and scooted around in my seat. “How long does this bleeding thing last?”

“Normally three to five days.” Mom turned into the parking lot of the school.

“No, turn here,” I pointed. “Go around the back of the school.”

Mom turned underneath the stage where the parking lot was. Some of the others were sitting outside. Autumn wasn’t there yet, but Regular Dave was hanging out. He’s the one. He’s the one I’m gonna have sex with. As soon as I’m not disgusting. I didn’t stamp the thought down, and that terrified me. No. I’m still gay. Wasn’t I. God damn.

Mom reached out for a hug as I got out of the car. I brushed her off, “Not here mom.”

“Alright dearheart. I love you. Have fun.”

I leaped from the car, blushing, then turned and called, “I love you too, bye mom.”

She backed away as I came to join the others. Desperate and gross.

up
159 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Maybe not right at this moment

But this is a clear signal she can get pregnant and Ashley needs to acknowledge the fact.

"Mom!"

Alternate chapter title. Mom is wonderful yet again.

I'm a guy

Jamie Lee's picture

Aisling may have to rethink her idea that, "mom, I'm still a guy." She may think she's still a guy, but having her monthly proves otherwise. And it proves she better be very careful having sex or her mom could become a grandmother.

Her mom has been a rock throughout this whole thing. She has allowed Aisling to discover herself for herself. She hasn't been overbearing or critical. Mom has offered her own brand of guidance which plays to the positive instead of to the negative. She has been stern, though, when necessary. But in a loving way.

Others have feelings too.

I Loved this Chapter

Very nice. I do enjoy your people. Mom is a Goddess. How did her ex let her get away?

Re-reading

Actually, I now feel the previous chapter wasn't bad. I didn't hate it this time through. Nice story.