Shadowsblade: Summertime...Shadow on the heart 4

Printer-friendly version

Shadowsblade a Whateley Tale: Written by Shadowsblade

Created for war and forged in pain, dealing with demons within and without.

This is the story of a man who finds a magic box, one that changes him into a Teenage Drow girl (a dark elf) and he has to deal with the very sudden change. Then handle all the memories of a Drow that was 'made' for a long lost war. This new part of him, has 40,000 years of memories of fighting that war. She has to deal with all that pent up PTSD, her enemy is here, but she loves her. Her old Queen is here and she wants to kill, that Queen ohh so bad!

So far in the story, Rohanna is being sent to a high school for mutants. While in school, she has to learn to keep that temper in check and her vast skills at killing others! She has been attacked in Boston while shopping, by her new lover by accident of fate and by an assassin that nearly kills her.

The last major hurdle in her short new life, is that a science project gone mad! Has made an exact clone of her and linked it mentally to her every thought, it reacts like an extension of her body now.

In this chapter

The summer has to end and the heart is the key
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~o~O~o~

~o~O~o~

Across the suite in Tonya's new room

Paige is laying across from Tonya on the unoccupied bed in the room as she watches Tonya unpack her clothes slowly into a dresser and she giggles a little, "You better not unpack too much? Because you will be moving all over again in just two weeks!"

"You are telling me, since dad died in February we have been on the run all the time! With all THE packing, repacking, unpacking...going here, going there...be careful what you say or what you do or who you get close too!" the teen elf sighed long and hard all her pent up emotion from the last month.

"Rohanna told me all about it." Paige said suddenly getting a bit serious.

"She told you about it or the why it all happened to my family?" Tonya said as she eyeballed the cat girl laying on the bed across from her.

"Yes she did...all about how your dad died and about the CIA being involved in it?" she sighed back remembering that Tonya's dad had genuinely hurt Paige and killed a few very close friends of her's while Mr. Falk chased after her because of Paige's mutant power that commanded computers.

"You sound kind of hurt when you talk about my dad...like he hurt you or someone near you?" Tonya asked as she sat down to take a few things out of her bag for the night stand near her bed.

"Truthfully girl...he did. Your dad on the 'JOB'..." Paige did 'air quotes' to the girl, "He was not a nice man at all and did evil things. I am sure as your dad, he was a great father to both of you at home, buttt.." she trailed off thinking.

"I heard he was...Kevin told me a few things right after he died and at the time I did not want to hear them. But I understand...and DO understand that I am not him!" she insisted.

"Never said you were...but let's talk about something a little easier then?"

"Go for it!" Tonya finally grinned back closing one of her now full nightstand drawers.

"How much do you know about Rohanna then?" Paige said as she opened the top of a new bottle of soda and took a sip.

"Not too much...she seems very normal to me?" Tonya questioned.

"NORMAL?" Paige said suddenly coughing up her soda.

"Ya, normal? She seems to be tough girl, but is a nice person and why do you always call her Rohanna and not use Rehanna's name too? That is very strange or something when you do that?"

"So Ro...told you nothing...about the twins?" Paige grinned at the coming joke!

"Nope, nothing. Kevin has all of dad's files about her from the CIA and that information is only good up till February when he died. Plus I have not even read over those myself...I just did not care till now I guess?" Tonya pondered on what could be so surprising about a Drow who looked just like her brother.

"So you don't know...really!" Paige said and seemed excited to know a HUGE secret that Tonya did not!

"About what and it can't be that bad, can it?" Tonya asked closing up the last of her luggage and placing the now empty bag in the large closet for now.

"Okay lets start small then?" Paige winked to the teen, "How do you feel about gays and lesbos?"

"I could care less what a person is, or loves outside of messing with a little kid in someway...why?"

"Well Rohanna and Rehanna float on both sides..."

"Ohhhh!" Tonya squeaked out in surprise, then gave it a few seconds of thought, "Well what would I care then?" Tonya said blowing it off as a simple thing and none of her business anyway.

"Tonya...lots of Sidhe or Elves are the same way too..." Paige smiled to the now surprised girl.

"ME!....ahhh I don't think so?" she pondered on mentally about it for a minute or so.

"You will find out someday...but most of your kind live well over ten thousand years, so you might change your mind someday?"

"Maybe...life is a long trip and I have many miles to go I hear!" she laughed out.

"And then there is this....Rohanna was not always a girl."

"Ohhhh fuck! That I did not know and there you go again using one name for both of the twins?"

"That is the next part, I am keeping everything in order by how it happened. First was what Rohanna was...and that was a guy, that changed a bit more painfully than you did into a Drow girl." Paige said and paused to let that sink into the other teens mind.

"So my Bro loves or is in love with a guy that is now a chick? Well I guess that is his deal and since he is...a full 'she'? Who cares then if he does not?"

"Good you are over that one and now for round TWO!" Paige's grins and puts up two of her artificial hands fingers, "Then one of our schools science nuts named Jobe got his little mitts on some of Rohanna's blood and cloned her...that huge mess made Rehanna back in April."

"AHHH!" Tonya has her eureka moment, "that is why you say Rohanna all the time, there was only one Drow once and you are used to speaking about only one person for several months, not twins...so that is why you do that all the time now!"

"Yep, but in the beginning of that mess. Rohanna had two parts in her mind, one human part and one very much Drow part that came from ancient times. Some of us do and even she calls what happened a 'rebirth' of her to now. That mental mess caused her some issues at the start, then the clone came along and messed it all up even more. But a mutual friend of ours fixed that mess up and now we have a almost fully human Drow with all those Drow combat skills and a Drow with just a enough calming human in the mix to keep her sane."

"That is so strange!" Tonya added in as she puzzled on what it would be like to have two people talking inside her head.

"You would get used to it all soon enough and I am sure will find that Rohanna is very protective of you, plus your brother because you are both fellow Sidhe."

"Who is this friend that helped her out, I might want to talk to her a bit on my own issues and my bro's?" Tonya asked thinking more about her brother than her own needs right now.

"That was Sara, we both have her or had Sara as a common girlfriend till she came up missing?" Paige said and barely held it together as she spoke.

"Wow Sara played the field then?"

"It was in her nature and normal for her. Sara is a Great old one or GOO and some humans call them demons" she smiled that strange fact and happily watched that sink in on Tonya via the look of shock and disbelief now covering her face.

"Awww come on you are joking me!" Tonya growled a bit.

Paige shook her head as she crossed her heart with her artificial arm, "Nope, I swear that I would never do that...not now anyway, because you need the whole truth right now, nothing but the truth and none of my playing or joking about."

"Wow a demon, we will have to talk about that later on...I can see it hurt you to even think about it." Tonya said as she got up to give the girl werecat a hug that seemed needed right now.

Paige almost recoiled away from the hug thinking about her growing electrical charge, but then remembered that Tonya was a Sidhe and they never felt her zaps at all. Tonya laughed and giggled out as she felt the tingling of the electricity flow through her body, "Hey that is neat, I feel that electrical buzz coming off you and it's soooo very cool!" she beamed and then let go of Paige and sat besides her on the bed.

"Sorry Paige, but anything else I should know?" Tonya questions her new friend.

"Just so you know and this is REAL big campus secret that students outside of Poe cottage don't know? AND that this is done to keep the bullying down from other students! Poe cottage where the twins are roomed at, all of the students have some kind of gender issues, gay, Bi, changed sex in one way or the other and a few in-betweens. So no telling anyone...ever! " Paige warned the soon to be student.

"Thanks for telling me or trusting me with that secret, I am sure I will need to know all about that secret because my brother will be visiting them all the time!" Tonya said as she gave Paige yet another hug, one reason because it was needed and one was because she loved the 'tingles' Paige gave her with her electrical charge!

"So let me tell ya more about those two and maybe some of the other elves we have on campus...especially Jobe and her little mess!" Paige giggled out as she started to tell the tales of life at Whateley.

~o~O~o~

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 11:20AM
Whateley Academy, New Hampshire

Joannie opened the door to her daughters room and found both of the girls laughing hard at something Paige had just said, "You mean that Jobe did all this to herself trying to make a perfect girlfriend?...Ohhh that is TOO funny and sad that he or she is that messed up!"

"You have to see her dad..."Gizmatic" Wilkins emperor of Karedonia is making her get married too!" Paige nearly shouts in her laughter.

"Girls, I am getting hungry and we should get moving to see the rest of this place before dark?" Joannie interrupted the fun, as she asked both girls.

"Might be a good idea and I can show you both where to eat in Crystal hall, then the rest of the good spots to grab a bite from after we eat!" Paige nodded to both of them and stood up to continue on with her guided tour.

As they drove across the campus, Paige pointed out the buildings as they went, "That one is Beck and has the library in it. Remember this...never go below basement level three, that is where the dangerous books are stored and they get far worse as you go down in levels." she warned.

"Dangerous books?" Joannie asked like the mother she was.

"Think magical books that are evil and so old they can think almost. I am sure Tonya will never get access to that section, but Rohanna might have some access because she is so good with ancient Sidhe magic?" Paige said back and pondered to herself what access Rohanna might have these days!

Tonya spun the cart's wheel towards the direction Paige next pointed to...South.

"Ohh that round building, that I almost forgot to point out...that was Kirby hall and has all the magic classes taught in it. There is a magically hidden door to the lower levels, then I hear you don't get to use it until year two or so of mage classes? But Rohanna found it the first day and the elves she hangs with use it all the time, I heard most elves find that darn thing almost instantly?" Tonya nodded back that she had noted the little hint about the door.

Paige pointed to the large eight story tall building on the top of one of the taller hills on the large campus, "That building is Melville, the student cottage or housing I was told your two children will be getting Mrs. Murry, one room for you Tonya with a roomie and one for your brother. That is the highest class building on campus, the snobby rich kids seem to always land in that one!" Paige gave her opinion of the buildings residents and seemed to almost 'spit' when she finished talking about them!

"Hey can we go see it now!?" Tonya asked Paige.

"If you want to and your mom says it's okay?" Paige looked behind her and saw Joannie nod back, "Well she said yes, so turn here and park on the south side."

All three ladies exited the cart, then walked into the nearest door of the large 'oval' shaped building and stopped at a concierge desk that overlooked the large patio area filling the center via it's floor to ceiling windows.

"Good day Miss Donner, showing our guests around the campus today?" the lady behind the large desk greeted all of them with a huge plastic grin of one very used to a job in service to others.

"Yep Mrs. Deng, I am and this is Tonya Murray. She and her brother Kevin will be housed here next term." Paige said and took a map of the building off the desk, along with a LONG list of special building services and their high prices!

Joannie gasps at the sight of the large patio and what it contains. Sauna tub, BBQ's and other amenities only a upscale hotel regularly has, "This is for high school students?" she questions the woman behind the desk.

Mrs. Deng almost sounds snobby to the mother of two when she answers the question. "Yes ma'am, this building and the other cottages house all the student's attending Whateley. If your children DO stay here, I will see to them and their needs?"

"Thanks, I am sure you will." Joannie said back to the smug lady.

Tonya looked over the long list that Paige just handed her, "Mom look at this, they will wash all your clothes for you, deliver food, Pizzas and offer full room cleaning services!"

The mother scanned over the list quickly and the prices shocked her, "That much, well you are not using any of this!"

When Mrs. Deng heard that statement from the mother, her face looked like she had just bitten into a very sour lemon and was repulsed.

"Ahhh you can use some of that stuff now and then? Remember that your scholarship comes with a monthly stipend for your needs Tonya." Paige reminded her new friend.

"Miss Donner, what scholarship did Miss Murray obtain?" Mrs. Deng smiled now hearing that money might be jingling in the soon to be students pockets for sure?

"Tonya and her brother have the Fae one Mrs. Deng," Paige smiled.

"Humm that one scholarship has quite some stipend and both students can buy some services with that. Short list of examples, weekly room cleaning and a few others?" she suggested to the eager teen.

"We should get moving on before we have to get dinner instead of lunch!" Paige suggested as she noted Tonya's mom was not to pleased with her kids not doing the simple chores like they should!

Back in the cart, Paige pointed south down the hill and Tonya drove them past a five story building that was just finishing up construction, "That one is Poe, that is where Rohanna and Rehanna are staying." Paige told them.

"So they get a new building" Tonya asked.

"Nope, they only revamped that one, but it was nearly a full rebuild anyway and Poe is now at least three times bigger than it was last term!" Paige added as she pointed at the last building on the small road for Tonya to drive to next.

"That one is Hawthorn cottage and that is where I stay. My place is in the basement." Paige pointed out as they drove past, then circled the small gathering area and entrance for Hawthorn.

"Is that where all the special needs students are housed?" Joannie asked the teen guiding their tour.

"Yep, I have my little electrical issue. But there are some students housed in there with me that never leave their rooms because of medical reasons or their mutation is so very dangerous to be around others." Paige told them as they drove past Hawthorn and Paige pointed back north.

"So they attend class from their rooms via a internet?" Joannie asked.

"Yep on one of the best internets in the world, my adoptive uncle put it all in last term just for me and the cottage's other residents to use." she grinned back to Joannie as she knew the next question was coming!

"Your uncle is who?" Joannie asked with a tilt of her head to the girl

"He is Willard Jennings, the CEO of NeXT Inc and a real nice guy too!" Paige smiled thinking of the man who helped her so much over the last year.

"Well that makes sense with your mutation!" Tonya laughed out at the fact the man ran one of the biggest computer companies in the world.

"Ohh and so you know girl! There is a whole tunnel system that connects most of the school building together for winter weather or when we have a 'red' flag day and students that can't or should not be seen publicly can use them to get to class unseen."

"That is a good idea, I bet it gets real cold here?!" Tonya shivered thinking of just foot after foot of snow and ice and having to walk through it to class each day!

"It does, not that most Sidhe notice the weather anymore since Rohanna showed most of them a spell that keeps you all warm and dry!" Paige groaned at the small fact that she can't learn magic!

"NEAT!" Tonya shouted as she drove past Poe once again.

"Yep neat and remember this...stick to the main tunnels under us...because some have not been mapped and you can get lost!" Paige warned.

"Not all mapped, why?" Joannie asked Paige with a tap on her shoulder to get her attention to the rear seat where she sat.

"Most of the tunnels are student built ones over the decades, the students made no maps as they added new networks or shafts so the schools staff would not be able to find their little secret labs and such?"

On their way back up the path north to the main building of the campus, Paige pointed out a large modern glass building to the west, "That building is Doyle medical center, the best hospital in the area and where Tonya or Kevin will go if they get injured on campus. They have some of the best doctors in the world here and can call on the best at anytime and if you get hurt...this is where I would want to be!" Paige boasted for the staff.

After passing Doyle and the road leading to it from the main gates, Paige points out a small fact of campus life as they pass over a speed bump in the pathway that marks the road's edges, "This road is where ambulances pass by on the way to Doyle and them entering campus is the main reason for the 'red' flags that keep us mutants from showing on campus when outsiders are about."

"Got it!" Tonya grinned over to Paige.

"Turn in here and we can park while we eat at Crystal!" Paige pointed to a patch of cobblestoned concrete set aside for carts.

After they all exited the cart, Paige raised both of her arms in a cheery showy way in front of the large five story tall glass dome, "AND here is Crystal hall! This is where all of us kids eat, meet and greet!"

"Nice building for a boarding school?" Joannie wondered out loud.

"Well the class of 1985 built it as a "legacy project" for the school and last winter the class of 2007 reworked the inside and added two new layers of floors to better serve the students." Paige added while opening the entry door for all of them, by playfully hopping onto the sensor pad and the door's motors 'hissed' them open to the three.

Both women found the inside of the vast dome even more beautiful on the inside, the dome had three floors and the next two floors did not meet the domes wall so that one could fly or jump from floor to floor with ease and room! Each floor had a waterfall that pooled on it's own level and flowed or fell down to the next level, where at the bottom was a vast pool at the room's center with three large trees planted at the center island stretching back up to the roof.

Each level was connected by either the large circular staircase at the center of the huge room or by one of the several escalators or lastly elevators in the building that served every floor in some way. The seating at each table was top notch, a heavy wood looking table with cloth and this was no plastic chair filled public 'school' cafeteria...it was a nice restaurant in many ways!

"Paige this place is SO neat!" Tonya bubbles out to the girl leading the way.

"Yep and just so you know...there is a school pecking order here...the higher up you sit...the higher up you are. AND Ro has a choice spot staked out on the top floor nearest the waterfalls..." Paige smiled back to her and watched as both ladies took in the views.

Paige lead them over to a long serving line, very much like one you would find in a large buffet at a casino! "This is where we eat and they DO serve everything you will ever want or need. If it can be cooked, sliced, ground and or eaten in someway...they will serve it to you here!"

"Should I even ask what strange things they serve here?" Joannie cringed at even thinking!

"It's best not too dwell on that...this is regular food service in this line. We have a line for the more strange food items that is hidden from sight to keep the floor cleaner..." Paige laughed like a teen gone mad thinking about the few times she had seen a kid blow chucks watching another student eat something strange for their own meal!

Paige lead them all into the line, then showed them the process on how to get what they wanted to eat and lastly how the campus ID cards were used to pay for meals or track what students ate in a given day.

When everyone was done and ready, Paige lead them all up to the top floor and sat next to the pool where the waterfall enjoyably splashed into, "This is where the twins eat on most days, sometimes they do 'to-go' and eat out in the Grove or in their room?" Paige wondered where they went on somedays! She thought about the freedom the twins enjoyed being able to 'port' anywhere in the world at a the drop of a hat.

As they ate, Joannie had to ask a nagging question, "Do they serve all day here?"

"All day, all night too! They never really close, because some students only come out at night. Like a close friend of mine had issues with the sun at one time, she only could come out at night because the sunlight burned her badly." Paige was talking about Sara before one of her many changes over her short time at the academy.

~o~O~o~

As the three girls ate a late lunch in Crystal hall...out in the Grove.

Both Drow watched over their brass colored box as they waited quite impatiently for the control panel to show them that all the offered magical essence was fully absorbed by it and was ready for use. As they waited, both set to copy a very certain part of the book's instructions for others to follow.

A small musical chime sounded out as each gem on the control panel lit-up and with all five burning bright with power...the box was ready and set to do it's next task of changing Kevin into a Drow very much like the twins that now guarded it.

Rohanna sighed out to the Grove in my relief, "It's finally ready, now we go get Kevin and face the hard part?"

"Yes the hard part, I hope he can deal with the truth and forgive us for our want of vengeance?" Rehanna simply gave back to her twin.

Rehanna gathered the silk body covering off the branch that it was airing out on and folded it up with Rohanna's help in a certain well planned out way. The cloth that would wrap Kevin in it's own built in protections, now had certain spells showing to the world one at a time as each fold was made and each one had to be empowered as the sheet was readied for use.

When the shroud was fully empowered and ready for use. Rohanna placed it with care on the stump at the Groves center. Then she glanced over to the Matron of the Grove now standing in the warm spring waters and warned her, "No one touches that or all our work today is for not!"

She nodded back her understanding quickly, "As you say...so it will be done Guardian. I guard it with my very life."

"Then I have to ask of you for more help?" Rohanna said next.

"Whatever we can do?" she said back to her.

"Read this," Rohanna said as she pulled copied pages of her command book and handed them to the matron.

"I will Guardian...immediately!" she said and glanced over the pages.

"This is a cleansing spell that needs to be done before we begin today and the pages I just gave you explains it all."

"I understand this and will help in anyway I can...Guardian of the Groves." she said and sat at the pool's edge to read farther.

With a nod from both Drow to the Matron, that task was done, the twins ported away back to Bill's townhome and the waiting Kevin.

~o~O~o~

When both teens suddenly appear in the middle of the living room, poor Bill jumps in shock at the very sudden sight of both twins, "Darn it call first before you do that...darn it I will never get used to that shit!" he cussed out to them and wiped a bit of spilt soda off his shirt.

"Sorry Bill, but cell phones don't really work in the Grove? I might as well be on the moon where human tech is counted on out there." Rohanna apologized to him.

"It's okay Ro, just venting is all. But Kevin is waiting upstairs for you." Bill sighed out as he took a calming breath and gave his own apology for going off on the twins.

As the twins turned to run up stairs, Jineen stopped them with a question, "Hey you two, stop and rest for a little bit...both of you look spent?" she told the haggard looking twins.

"We are fine Jineen, just spent a whole lot of essence on this project we are doing is all." Rehanna said over her shoulder as we both hopped up the stairs two steps at a time.

After both twins were gone Jineen shook her head to Bill, "Drow don't run out of essence honey, unless they are fighting is what the legends told me as a child?" she warned her husband.

"They don't look like they were fighting this time honey? That last fight, both of them were a bloody mess of several bad wounds." Bill reminded his wife of the huge fight the twins had over the summer.

Upstairs, both Drow knock on the guest room door that Kevin was using for the time being and went in after a muffled 'come in' came from past the door.

"Well we are all ready, so are you all set?" Rohanna asked the worried looking Drow sitting on my bed.

"Ahh you sure that I can't get hurt doing this?" he asked me.

"Kevin...nothing in life is sure or a 'for sure thing'..." Rohanna did the air quotes to him "and this is one of those times...But I think you will do just fine and not even notice the changes till someone pints them out to you?" I smiled to him.

"I trust you Rohanna, that is why I said I would do this...trust." he told me.

"Thanks Kevin, that is what I needed right now." Rohanna had to cry back to him and had look away as I wiped those few tears away.

"Well lets not sit here all day and get all sad about this...Lets get-r-done!" Kevin laughed as he stood up and pulled at Rohanna's hand to get her standing up with him too.

"If you are ready then, OFF WE GO!" Rohanna shouted as all three of us ported off to the Grove.

Once we three landed in the Grove's center, Rohanna waved my arms to the area around herself, "Welcome to the Grove...Some call this place North lights falling. But now it is gaining a new name that I will tell you about soon enough" she giggled at the small hidden fact that a World Tree was growing right here in her 'home' grove!

"This is nice...I feel as if I am at home and this is where I should be?" Kevin questioned the strange feelings tugging at every part of his being.

"Of course this feels like home silly boy, you are a Sidhe now and most of all a Drow. A Queen long ago bequest on all of us Drow, that Groves like this is where we should call home and we guard them from outside attacks in turn for them taking care of us." Rohanna told Kevin of this places symbiotic relationship with us Drow.

"So what is the first step Rohanna?" he asked her.

"Sit on the stump please and don't touch the folded cloth set there just yet please?" Rohanna told him as he sat and started to lean over to the shroud.

"So what's next my girl?" he grinned up to her with a huge smile.

"Confession time Kevin," is all both Drow said in that strange stereo they did at times that seemed to spook him more than a bit.

"Confess about what?" he asked, then paused for just a second, "If you are going to be telling me about what you were before becoming a Drow...I already know and don't really care. That was then and this is now who we both are." he said to us both.

Kevin saying that made us both happy, that was one tall hill climbed and a mountain waiting to be conquered in front of us both.

"This is about that night your dad died." Rohanna said and stopped wrapped in silence thinking about what to say next.

"That was a bad night...please go on." he urged the one twin onward with a calming smile.

"That night the CIA sent a team to kill your father, but at the same time...I was there to kill him in any case." she stopped to let that evil deed of her's sink into him

He nodded for me go on, "Yes I could understand that." he said slowly.

"I watched them kill him, or really made him commit suicide and I could have stopped it all. But after all the pain he caused a person I know and love in a way and then tried killing a fellow Sidhe...I did my sworn duty and came after his life, as it was forfeited by his vile actions." she told him next with a firm voice of her sworn duty to protect all Sidhe.

"Part of me wishes you had saved him, but part of me understands that he had to be punished in some way and that night...one way or another he was going to die. If he did not die that night, the CIA would chase after him each day until they finally got a hold of him or he went over to work with someone even more evil than them...if there is anyone that evil?" he told me.

"Believe me, there are things far more evil in the universe than the CIA and that is what Drows like me were made to fight. Soon you will know more about them as I teach you, but for now those are all lessons of life to come? But first we have to deal with this!"

"If you are asking for forgiveness Rohanna...Rehanna?" he nodded to both of the Drow in turn, "I grant you that to ease you souls My dad acted badly and was punished...His acts were by his own choice!"

"Thanks Kevin, I would hug you right now. But I think I might hug you far too hard and hurt you, because I love you so much right now." Rohanna said happily.

"That all will come later, lets get this change of mine over with and behind both of us!" he grinned and stood up for a deep hug anyway.

After a long silent hug from both of us twins, we broke up and Rohanna sighed out. "Now it gets interesting!" she warned him as she walked toward the Grove's spring.

"So what is next?" he asked innocently.

"You have to strip nude and the water Nymphs, along with the Matron of this place will cleanse you of all outside human filth, as we ready you for the many spells to come." Rohanna smiled on evilly and was followed in exact mirror by her twin Rehanna!

"Ohh!" he almost shouted and turned a bit red in the cheeks from embarrassment.

"It has to be done, you have to be clean as possible or this will never work and human clothes will not do!" Rohanna informed him.

As Kevin turned around to look over at the warm springs, that is when the Matron and her 'court' showed up with not a stitch of clothing on them. "We are ready for the Guardian's chosen one." the Matron sang out to us three standing on the shore.

"Ohhh brother...you sure know how to test a guy!" Kevin said as his mind filled up with cardinal thoughts of what he might do or the ladies might do TO him!

Rohanna shook my head to him, "There is time for that later, but for now just follow their lead and let them do their work on you...then you will be cleansed for what comes next." I said as the Nymphs started pulling him into the shallow waters and helped him off with his clothes.

For several hours to come, they did their work cleaning the human world's filth off his body and readying him for the changes to come. Then they started the long process in wrapping him within the shroud, each fold as it came undone required a new spell to be cast and one spell cast as the shroud was folded over his waiting body as it floated in the warm water.

As the last folds came into place, they both looked down at him, "Kevin, it's time to sleep and when you awaken right here in this same place. It will all be done and you will be just like I was when this was done to me or the ancient me that is?" Rohanna laughed over her twin to him floating on top of the water.

"I am ready," he said sleepily, then closed his eyes as the last spell put him to sleep and Rohanna covered his face with the next fold of the shroud.

The next steps only us Sidhe could do, so the Nymphs stepped away while we Drow worked spell after spell into each fold and finally covered Kevin from head to toe in several layers of the silken cloth.

As both Drow worked in harmony to gently raise Kevin out of the water and towards the now waiting box. Anyone that knew the style of magic us Drow knew and practiced. They would be able to read a long spell that now formed out in the cloth's runes now covering Kevin's body, each fold added a new word to that last spell and only knowing how to fold the shroud in this way would ever show it! And that was the last spell we both recited in unison, as we nestled him safely within the bronze box.

Kevin's wrapped body floated on a small pool silvery metal within the box, this silver fluid was going to do most of the work to come and all that magical essence we gave to the box, along with most of the Groves denizens and that essence is what powered it all...was making it flow like water instead of it's normal solid state.

Rohanna smiled down to his now still form wanting to remember it one last time in this way, just as Rehanna touched the last control gem, "I will be here for you when you awaken...I swear!" Rehanna said to him as the metal flowed to fully cover him, then lowered him gently and slowly into the depths of the box.

"And I swear to that too with my life." Rohanna added for both Drow, as the lid slid silently closed and the box began it's long task of changing Kevin for the twin Drow.

~o~O~o~

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 3:20 PM
Whateley Academy, New Hampshire

Paige had finished off the rest of the campus tour after a break for lunch, she had led the two ladies one being a newly minted elf and soon to be student at Whateley all over the large campus that covered a few square miles of rolling hills of New Hampshire. The large size of Holbrook Arena impressed Tonya, that such a large building for sports was on a such small campus and the fact that Whateley had several ranges that could let students test anti-tank guns out made her mother worry about this place...was it a school, or a military academy?

As the three of them walked back into the guest room set aside for the family, Paige's phone beeped and she stopped answering Tonya's several questions for a second. Paige slid a finger across the pad to turn it on and closed her eyes for a moment to take the incoming call from one of the Drow twins.

"What-cha need Ro?" Paige grinned in her electronic world to the Drow.

"Where are you at and are you still with the Murray's?" she asked the human looking were-panther dressed in a school girls uniform.

"I am with them and we are waiting in their room Ro, so if you are coming this would be the best time?" Paige told the Drow.

"Send the coordinates to me and I will be right there." Rohanna smiled to her phone and then spun it to see where the new directional link told her to go next.

A few seconds later, Paige giggled out suddenly as she pocketed her phone, "Incoming Drow, please stand still to give her some room!"

That is when Rohanna ported into the center of the small living room of the two bedroom suite.

Rohanna sighed out as her eyes saw that Joannie was there with Tonya, "All done and now we wait a few days until Kevin is all done,"

Joannie tilted her head to the tall Drow in wonderment, "Where is the other you...Rehanna I have to guess?"

"One of us will never leave Kevin's side while the spell is active, we both swore to his safety and we never fail" she told Kevin's mom.

"Thanks...now I know you mean well and care for him." she grinned back to me.

"I care for all our kind...just Kevin more so for now?" Rohanna said, as she dropped a plastic bag of food on the small dinette table and plopped into a seat.

"What are you up tooooo you Elf?" Paige asked in playful way of knowing the Drow twins for a very long time...more than most of the other students on campus.

"Tell you later...if I care to?" Rohanna grinned evilly back to her.

"HUmmmfFF!" she gave back to the stone faced Drow playing it up at being upset with her.

"Well I bought some snacks for all of us and me a lunch because I skipped a meal...AND I need the food badly....ELF needs food badly!" she said and then quoted the 'Gauntlet' video game someone had shown her as a joke months ago!

"ELF had better not 'shoot' the food!" Tonya instantly knew the joke and her mom shook her head as she grabbed several sodas from the room's small fridge.

Roahnna flipped open the top of a large order of cheese fries for us elves, that was soon joined by a cheese pizza and there was a meat lovers pizza for Paige the Werecat of the group to tear into...she loves her food a 'bit bloody' these days, so she tells me!

"I was not too sure what to get for you ma'am...so I grabbed a few small sandwiches for ya to try from my fav spot..." the Drow smiled as she handed Joannie a box of warm food.

Joannie took the box her offered and she read the lid just before flipping it open 'Gold Coast home eatery-Australia'...she stared blankly at the box for sometime before she spoke..."You went to Australia for lunch?"

"Yep...!" the now ill mannered teen elf managed out past the yummy fries now stuffing her mouth.

"I am SO not going to get used to this anytime soon...am I?" she sighed a question over to me and took out a egg salad sandwich to nibble on as I smiled my answer back to her, "Not likely.."

"You will get used to all of this over time, it gets much easier with friends or family around Mrs. Murray." Paige grinned over her pizza to the worried looking mother.

"I certainly hope so?" she mumbled out to us both and took a tentative bite of her sandwich.

~o~O~o~

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 3:30 PM
The Grove

The Matron of the Grove shook her head slowly as she watched Rehanna beginning her turn...her obligation to watch over Kevin and the Brass box containing him while he changed into a Drow just like the twins. The teen Drow laid down near the box and rested her back on the side of the very ornate box that they had brought with them from the ancient past.

The matron smiled on as the Drow sighed over her shoulder to the box and tapped its side with a hand, "You done in there yet?...No?...I'll wait right here...Call me when you're done!" she giggled out and opened a bag of take-out that her sister had left with her.

The Matron shook her head again at the Drow's comedy and thought that she should do something. She thought silently on to herself, 'Both of the Protectors are not taking care of themselves, they should not eat so much...human food' she almost spat out.

With a inner nod to herself, she called upon one of the bound servants of the twins and Kenna the fire Nymph showed up in front of her with a puff of smoke, "Yes Matron?" she asked on bended knee and head bowed low.

"Kenna, you will gather a fine meal for your Mistress and serve it to her as soon as you can. Gather your sisters if you must to finish this task quickly, then as you serve it...tell your Mistress that I think she and her sister should eat more of the Groves offerings to stay healthy....Now go." the Matron ordered in a firm voice.

"As you say, it is done." and Kenna vanished with a burst of hot smoke.

Rehanna sighed down at her growing cold box of cheese fries and spotted one of her bound Nymphs Kenna walking into sight with three other Nymphs close behind her and each had a large plate of food.

Kenna stepped up to her Mistress and kneeled down, "Mistress, the Matron bid me to serve you the far better offerings of the Grove to eat and remind you that eating human food all the day is not good for us Fae or our protector Drow such as you."

"Fine, I will heed her warnings and take what is offered Kenna," Rehanna said rather pleasantly...something far from her normal tone to those bound in punishment to her.

Kenna set her plate of food nearest the reclining Drow and so did the other three Nymphs in turn, "Here my Mistress, this time I added in some small treats that look very much like pies from the human world to me? I hope you like them, the Matron of us Fire Nymphs taught me how to make them with the berries from the Grove, I recommend them because of the sweetness..." Kenna said with a warm smile as she offered up one of the warm treats to her mistress.

"Thanks Kenna, " Rehanna said then took a bite, "this is great, very well done!"

"Thanks mistress, I will leave you to your duty...unless there is more?" Kenna asked.

"Kenna, please sit and tell me how you are?" Rehanna asked and took a glass of juice off the platter, then handed it to her.

Kenna crossed her legs under her long flowing robes and sat in front of her Drow Mistress as asked, "Well Mistress, I am learning my magic at a great pace according to my Matron and the Matron of the Grove."

Rehanna scooped a few bits of cut fruit from the platter and dropped them on her small plate as she shook her head, "That is not what I asked...I asked how are you doing...feeling now. I may have been mean and fuming with you when I had you changed as punishment for trying to kill me and my friends. But that does not make me unfeeling and an ogre!"

"Yes Mistress," Kenna kept to her respect, because not doing so meant certain death she was told! "I am fine now...very mad at first but...this change agrees with me and I know that I earned it and the other man who lead me...who hired me, that you gave over to Gothmog's biding for punishment is far worse off then I will ever be?" she cringed thinking what a Demon or GOO like Gothmog could do with a simple human as torture!

"Now that is great to hear and are you thinking right now when you are finished with your punishment in a few hundred years, to go back to the human world as you once were?" Rehanna asked and took a plate of sweet warmed bread pudding off the platter to try out next.

Kenna was a little shocked to hear that question, she always thought this change was forever, or she might die during a task long before clemency was given? "I don't know? But my Mistress, I think I like this new form, I get to see the human world that I was once part of in small bites and in the work I was IN...I would have died during it for sure within a few short years?" Kenna wondered if what she was thinking was true...Did she like this change to a Nymph. She loved the new life, the Grove and her new sisters now. Kenna's new self could easily kill off a dozen of her 'old self' with not even a thought, then add how much longer she would live in this Fae body over her old male human self!

"Good to hear Kenna, maybe now you see why I was so angry with you? You or your boss wanted to take all this and even more from me?" Rehanna said with a knowing evil grin.

Rehanna had to say something to Kenna, she and her bound sister Joan had earned better treatment over the last few months. Then on top of that, Rehanna needed someone to chat with right now, guarding this place was lonely at times and she could not leave it unguarded with the Box so open to attack.

~o~O~o~

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 5:50 PM
Whateley Academy, New Hampshire

I heard someone's shuffling feet at the room's door as a knock sounded out, "Hey Paige, the house mother told me to find you and remind you...that you need to make sure that you take your meds for the full moon coming up next week?" a voice said from the door.

Paige stood up from the couch as I grabbed my bags of snacks to leave, "Well I am off now, please remember for the first week or few days...we don't know one another and your brother Kevin is safe with me and should be back by the next weeks start!" I grinned and vanished with a silent pop.

Paige answered the door and found one of the full time students like her at the door, "Windy, thanks for finding me! I actually forgot to take my meds when I started eating and I can feel that 'cringe' growing in my back, so thanks girl and see you later!"

The girl at the door nodded back and turned to leave. As Page walked back to her place on the couch, she popped a small gold pill tube out from her pocket and swallowed the simple bitter pill, "God I hate those things, MAN they are nasty tasting!"

"What are they made of?" Tonya asked as she handed Paige some soda to drink.

"A few things a medical devisor made and some things Rohanna added that she knows?" Paige said after gulping down the soda to kill the pills bitter taste.

"Rohanna knows about Werewolves of Were-creatures?" Tonya asked shaking her head at the thoughts.

"Yep, if you did not know...the Sidhe or Elves are what made the Weres to fight an enemy in the ancient past and they where made from regular humans too!" laughed as she plopped back into her place on the long couch.

"SAY WHAT!" Joannie yelped out in surprise.

"That's right, Elves experimented on humans to make them better fighters...and DO NOT spread that info around too much...please ma'am?" Paige grinned back and nearly pleaded with her sad kitty cat eyes to the woman.

Joannie laughed at the sight, "Stop that you look like a kitten straight off a cartoon with that sorrowful stare of yours!"

"Gotta use the weapons God gives ya!" Paige laughed back.

~o~O~o~

Friday, August 24, 2007 9:40AM
Outside of the Cleveland Ohio Area

Senator Stockbridge hung up his office phone as he mumbled out, "Darn traitor to the cause, that man will get men killed someday with his over the top politics!"

Earl leaned back into his large leather chair and pondered on about his problem with the Senator who was now protecting the CIA from oversight on mutant matters and might be using them in military ways that violate the nations treaties!

The senator knew the US getting caught using mutants or 'supers' in it's spying or assassination attempts would cripple the nations relations with NATO, EU, Russia and China...not including many others that would use the mess as a bargaining chip...like Gizmatic or Lord Paramount!

Earl knew he had to catch the old man in a huge lie and one he did not see coming at all! With a thought about his son, who came into sight playing football in the backyard with his visiting schoolmates...he had an idea!

Rohanna and Rehanna both had the power to see lies in humans and they never missed...or so he was informed in is vast files on the twin Drows. Maybe, just maybe he could ask them to intercede and not look like he was using them? A favor maybe, one to be named later?

Earl swung open his window and yelled for his son, "Josh please dust off and come in my office?"

"Yep dad be right in...." he said back then turned to his buddies, "Well guys dad calls, good practice for the season and grab some grub in the kitchen while I am gone!"

Josh swung open the huge door leading to his dad's office, a place he rarely came into because of his dad's need for secrecy, "What-cha need dad?" he asked and closed the door when his dad motioned for him to do so.

"Ahh Josh you visited the twins over the summer once, but only got in a few sparse meals with them because of the filming schedule was so tight. Maybe before the new term starts we should have them over?"

"Dad that is a great idea and I was just thinking the same thing...but I can tell you are hiding something or being not fully truthful with me?" Josh warned.

"Ahh yep, you have your mother's gift...she sees right through me all the time! I do have a favor to ask of the twins, one that is small for them and easy to accomplish?"

"Well this sounds like the first among many favors that you will be indebted to them and I was told that owing a favor to a Drow is a very bad idea...they hold you to your word or get real mean," Josh warned.

"Who told you this?" Earl asked his son.

"Nikki...Fey, she told me one day. Just incase I got 'stupid' she said."

"Tell me more son, I know I have read this once somewhere? But remind your old father please?"

"Ahh elves or Sidhe are mages and favors are held over them or another is very binding in ways...ways that make you or them DO the favor asked for in return and humans are not exempt from those rules. Denying a request that is equal in return, can leave one very open to some attacks or uses by the holder of the debt...I think that is how she put it?" Josh wondered out loud, "You can call Nikki and ask her?"

"I will, but first call the twins over for lunch tomorrow none the less and I will think about what I might ask of them tonight."

~o~O~o~

Friday, August 24, 2007 10:20AM
Dunwich, New Hampshire
Bill and Jineen's Townhouse

The phone rang with a electronic shrill that filled the kitchen area and most of the downstairs area. Jineen picked up the wireless handset and looked at the number no the display, "Ohio? Who in the heck do we know in Ohio?" she wondered out then answered, "Hello?"

Jineen listened to the kid on the other end of the line for several minutes, laughing at each of his questions a little. Jineen did know someone in Ohio and that someone was Josh that was dating or kind of dating the twins or one of them?

"I will get Rohanna for ya, give me a few to catch up with her...as she is washing her clothes right now?" Jineen wondered to the phone 'was she downstairs doing the wash?' It was so very hard to keep up with a teen that teleports at times!

Jineen hit the 'hold' on the phone and then tapped the intercom button on the wall, "Ro honey the phone is for you and where is your cell dear...Josh is there and he says your cell line is only taking messages?"

Since I was reading down here in the wash room my text book on human style magic fell to the floor from my lap as I jumped up to hit the intercom button to talk back Jineen, "Sorry Jineen, it's out in the Grove with Rehanna. I forget to take it with me sometimes? But I got it from here!" I said and grabbed the handset off the phone cradle.

"Heya Josh! What's up?" I asked and for the next several minutes he went on and on about what little time we had getting together over the summer months, he apologized over and over even though it was all my fault or the films...they would not let him on set for those few days because we where doing explosive EFX and civies not allowed by law during that dangerous stuff! Me an actor, paid, on contract, on insurance and mutant, no prob...Josh a human and under age...nope!

Poor Josh just kept going and going forever! Nearly babbling till I finally giggled to get a word in edgewise, "Josh...please stop apologizing to me and it's all good? All the summer meet ups not happening in a good way...that was all my fault because of the movie?"

I no sooner than stopped, no really hesitated for a single breath when he started babbling on again. I had to stop him with a little sigh that made me sound bored to death and that is when I got my words in next, "Josh please you are babbling, I know you like me and I bet I am one of your first girlfriends? But what did you call about...besides the past summer?"

I could hear his father laughing as quietly as he could muster in the background of the room, but his boy having issues with talking to a girl certainly got to Earl! "Well I want to...or dad suggested since the new school term starts soon...or starts in a week...that maybe we all should have lunch?...maybe?"

"Fine with me," I gave in easily "But only I will show up, Rehanna is suck doing a small job for both of us and we can not leave it unwatched. So is that fine?"

Senator Earl overheard that and nodded silently to his son breaking the boy's indecision on the matter, "That will fine, come on over to the front door at say?"

Josh paused and glared blankly at his dad for an answer, who slapped his forehead in puzzlement at his son being so tongue tied when talking with a girl, "Ten" he whispered out.

"Awww Ten?" Josh asked.

"Ten it is...see ya!" and I hung up to ease his pain...I hoped he would get better at this, but who knows?

~o~O~o~

Saturday, August 25, 2007 9:58AM
Outside of the Cleveland Ohio Area

"How do I look mom?" Josh asked for the dozenth time this hour as he looked himself over in the hallway mirror once again as his mom passed by on her way to the kitchen to check on lunch.

"Just fine honey, just like I said the last time...two minutes ago?" she sighed at the boy's worrying.

"She should be here by now?" he said checking his watch knowing that Rohanna or the twins would knock at Ten exactly and no sooner...or even be late by a second unless the end of the world had come?

Dorothy glanced at the wall clock that read the nations atomic clock time pulse that made it set perfectly, "Your watch is fast honey, the clock in here is dead on and its Nine fifty-nine." his mother told him as she checked on the baking cake and then the other lunch fixings heating up on the stove.

10:00AM plus a few seconds

A knock sounds from the large homes front door, Josh jumps almost out of his own skin at the sudden sound and runs to answer it as his mother shakes her head at the boy's reaction, "That boy is going to be in trouble for sure one day over this?"

Josh flings the door open as he nearly slides passed it on the smooth wood flood and finds a tall Drow giggling at his stumbling and how he almost fell, "Hiya Rohanna, come on in and lets talk in the media room before dinner?"

"Hi Josh, thanks for the invite and I'd love to see your mom and dad again...and Josh it's only lunch time?" I asked.

"Ohhh shit...shoot I mean? You are right! I get so messed up these days?" Josh babbles out, as he absently mindedly rubs the back of his head.

"You mean messed up on dates...but it's all fine Josh, lets go?" I say and enter at his greeting, plus his very red face!

Josh leads me into the media room that is really a well done living room with a huge TV as the centerpiece on the wall and points out his father reclining in a chair at the far side of the room, "Hi Rohanna. Have a seat and rest a bit before lunch and tell how me how your summer went?" Senator Earl invites me.

"Well the Summer went fine Sir, the film is off to a great start and I was told we will have to do very little in the way of re-shoots?" I told him as I took a place on the sofa nearest him and Josh sat near me...but not right by me just now.

"Re-shoots dear?" Dorothy says as Josh's mother enters the room from a short hall that joins onto the kitchen beyond.

"Yes ma'am, those are redos of scenes we missed, or ones that don't look or run quite right when they add them into the rest of the film or outright goofs in some part?" I explained to her.

"Well I am sure you do all your parts just fine dear and the whole film will do just great. Just think...the first real film with a Fae or Sidhe as a star and one that an actor or actress that is not all in make-up like that other one based on a book? Or that school of magic one...ahhh Jerry something or another?" she smiled to me.

For well over an hour, we all chatted up on what had filled our summers and most of that time was spent on me telling them how the filming had gone for us twins. Then I talked about how a photographer had snuck into our townhome and stolen my very personal things...plus took several nude pic's of me in the shower. Josh was fuming now and gave his father a few 'sink-eyes' over the matter because we were all sure he knew all about it!

But the Senator erased all doubt on the subject of his not knowing, when he mentioned it himself, "Rohanna if you did not know...that man has disappeared from the face of the earth and no one has even seen him since his bail was made, then released at the hands of a well to do local attorney?" he stared at me for a reply on the issue.

"I heard nothing of it and the last time I saw him...he was being dragged into a cop car under arrest? I just thought since I was underage...that they don't talk to me unless they need me?" I said knowing nothing about the laws 'down under'

"Aww so you heard nothing about that?" he asked and Dot glared right at him in warning.

"Senator, if you think I or anyone I know made him...disappeared. I or they did not...that I know of?" I stated, then stared flatly back at him and dared him to test me with my narrowed with anger eyes.

"Earl...enough!" Dot reacted instantly, "The girl does not know what happened and even IF she did...the Asss..." Dorothy slipped and corrected herself quickly, " the gentleman deserved everything he got?"

As she talked, I thought it all over...Gothmog must have got him. He would know instantly that the man grabbed Sara's medallion and punished him on the spot! I smiled inwardly knowing that man would never bother me again!

Dorothy interrupted my daydreaming, "Lets all get to lunch, I am sure it's all ready by now?" she said getting up to peak into the kitchen and gets a nod back from her chef on the matter.

"Well since it's still warm out, lets eat on the screened porch and enjoy the time outside?" Earl suggested and the servants started setting up the table quickly for all of us.

The room was quickly set-up for our meal, that table was set with new cloth, the outer doors folded away and the room now joined onto the rearmost sunroom of the large home. Then the chef showed up with his cart of hot food, "What we have today is...we heard that Miss can eat shellfish and shrimp over the summer. So I cooked up, shrimp, fried clams, and the centerpiece...Maine lobster tails!"

A billow of warm steam rose as the chef lifted a dome off the top most platter and showed all of us a fine selection of nice red tails to choose from. He dropped one onto a plate, added some butter in a small dish and since I was the guest...I was served first!

As he served up the rest of the table, Dot, then the Senator and finally Josh. The other three servers in the room placed plates of shrimp, or fried clams in several spots on the table along with a large salad at the center.

I had some lobster in Australia, but the rocky reef lobster from down there had nothing on the juicy full meat of a true Maine lobster! As dad said, if it does not have claws to fight back with...it's a big shrimp and NOT a TRUE lobster!

Before long I was done with my first lobster tail and starting in on my second! As we ate, Dorothy asked about what I was going for this term as a specialty for my college credits. I told her, that I was still leaning towards a degree in some electronic or electrical field and that Magic along with my Sidhe style fighting would always be my main classes.

"I heard that you might have at least two more elves or Sidhe joining with you this term Rohanna?" Senator Earl told me with a knowing smile of a truly well informed man that he was.

"Humm I had not heard too much beyond maybe one so far?" I said not lying...As Kevin had not entered Whateley JUST yet, so he was not officially enrolled till that day!

"At that rate dear, they might have to open a Sidhe or Fae only school soon?" Dorothy smiled over the large meal to me.

"That would be nice, real nice!" I grinned back to her ear to ear.

Sometime latter the staff was taking away the last of the desert dishes from the table and replacing them with glasses of soda for us kids and a glass of beer for Earl, plus very nice smelling wine for Dot.

We all walked slowly onto the open porch and started talking over other random subjects till Earl guided me aside into the homes gardens to talk more privately with me while Josh fetched his mom some more wine, "Rohanna I might ask you for a favor tonight?" he asked while taking a huge draw of smoke off his cigar.

'OHHH boy here it comes!' my mind said...but my mouth said "Well Sir what would that be?" I asked in a pleasant tone while the possibility of a raging fire in me was kept from igniting.

"I am having one more guest tonight for a short time, one that is from 'an agency' and one that is using mutants in it's dealing...those dealings should not be using them on or during 'off the books' jobs without permission from higher up in the Washington leadership."

"Well lets drag the cat out of the bag...CIA and jobs meaning...spying or killing?" I asked flatly.

"Hummm we should not say?" he asked.

"Well since I can't lie...lets just say it and get it over with why don't we?" I said with just a hint of demand in my voice.

"Yes to all of that and the fact that they are using or misusing or lastly abusing those assets, ones that the whole nation might need someday?"

"I had heard some rumors about that around the school, some students out on jobs that paid officially, or scholarship and some kids working under duress, then lastly some killed or nearly killed outright before coming to Whateley?"

"Well I..." Earl stopped when his son shouted at him, "SO this is why you wanted me to invite her here to dinner tonight DAD! You said small favor...NOT this government crap, at least give Rohanna a chance till she hits graduation before you try...fucking up her life!" Josh shouted out at him and I could tell he was really upset...boiling mad in fact.

Right behind Josh was his mother, to say Dorothy was upset? That was like saying a dragon has hot breath, or the sea is wet! She shouted at her husband like a BaneSidhe having a bad day!

"Earl! You told me that you would not do this and yet here you are doing exactly that!" she huffed at him and was about to toss the wine glass his way, that was grasped firmly in her shaking with rage hand to put a bigger period on her point!

Now the fur was starting to fly verbally and I could not even hope to keep up with the subject because personal family secrets were being used and outed right in front of me. All three of them tossed at each other with only 'words' for several minutes and even the servants that stayed at the edges of your sight till you needed one...vanished till the shouting went down some.

I tried to get a word in edgewise several times, but with all three going at it and Earl on the losing side because mother and son had the poor man cornered with no hope of escape! My voice finally found a break in the action when Violet whistled a shrill call of one of the birds of the Grove that silenced all of them, "Thank you Violet," I nodded to her, "But as I was trying to say? I will leave now. As I do not want to be the center of causing any family issues?"

Josh started first, "You can't go this is dad's fault!"

Then Dot was on his heels once again with her more than angry tone, "You are right Josh," she nodded.

It was downhill from there, until Violet broke the uproar again with a newer and higher pitched shrill that left one's ears ringing a little, "Violet...thanks but less window breaking next time? What I wanted to say is that I have know idea how this CIA versus whoever works or how Washington works or even a small city council for that matter, all the back channels and infighting that I have never experienced in the Swamp of politics per say? All of that knowledge I will need greatly someday, I might have stood in a royal court as guard...but I sadly learned nothing from it...my job came first in my mind, so I tuned out all the words around me...save the ones that called me to action?"

Earl saw a place that he could act on and get what he wanted! Yes this teen or ancient Drow might learn something that took him decades to learn! Then add if his son listened in on all of it, the boy would learn the 'Swamp' too? Something in the way of survival skills he would need very soon!

"Wait Rohanna, I acted out of hand and had unsaid motives to invite you here today?" Earl said with a genuine tone that said to me 'hat was in hand' and he meant it!

Josh was about to say something on that subject, when a kick from mom sent that thought right out of his mind!

"I am not sure about all of this, us Drow causing such family unrest is not our way at all?"

"Rohanna dear," Dorothy started, "since you said women run your families and I surely do MINE..." she squinted evilly at the Senator, who did wither a bit under her harsh stare, "Let's do this, we all here in the family will teach you the ropes of our lives around the Washington swamp and not ask anything in return. But at times like this, we will ASK you first about trading in favors before bringing you over like this?"

"You do understand what owing a favor to a Drow or Sidhe means Ma'am and Sir?" I had to ask them.

"Yes, I do...I asked an expert on that today...Nikki and she said owing you a favor is a bad idea...that you will collect and collect to the letter. But we can talk about that each time it comes up...can we?"

"Of course we can sir?" I smiled to him, knowing that things do change and this Drow intends on all favors owed to her, being collected in some way or coming out ahead in the end in some way!

~o~O~o~


Saturday, August 25, 2007 4:58PM
Outside of the Cleveland Ohio Area

It took Senator Earl well over an hour with Dot's help to explain who was coming and how I fit into this political puzzle. I had to stop him during his detailed explanations a few times to let my brain catch up, because Earl talked in those human 'gray' areas that eluded me since my change. But Dot always helpful, she filled in parts in her own evil little ways that certainly helped me!

The man coming over very soon, was one William Norris. Some people on the hill or in the CIA call him Chuck Norris...because when you see him...you are getting your ass kicked right then or very soon will!

His job was leading the special units department or 'black' cases, and one that dealt mostly with mutant kind. He may not have been a mutant himself...that anyone knew of? But he certainly knew how to handle one, or get them to work for our side in our ways?

My whole job during the Senator's little chat, was to tell Earl if the man was lying or hiding something the best way I could. Then add, this man surely had heard of me by now? So having a Drow like me in the room might unnerve one, even a calm man that routinely handled danger like this one!

As the time for William to show up came closer, the Senator showed me where he wanted me to sit...behind his guest on a couch and what drinks to serve them both during the meeting.

Outside the large mansion

William Norris was just being passed through the Senators security and as routine demanded...stripped of his weapon. But Norris always kept a holdout gun that could not be detected on his person and a few blades for 'close work'.

Bill always hated the 'security theater' of coming here, but you had to deal with men like Senator Stockbridge all the time. Because they held the wallet of the nation and the flow of money into Bill's department in his hands. Not to mention that the Senator and his committee was supposed to TELL Bill's department what to do, or not do in the nations name.

William was greeted at the door by Senator Earl as was the norm on all of his visits so far and what was mentally bothering Bill right now as he shook hands with the leader of the Senate committee he answered too? Is why this call in to the Senators home and no warning of what the subject of tonight's grilling might be!

When the Senator was guiding William into his home's large library that doubled as the home office. Bill noted a beautiful blond teen was setting out a scotch on ice for the Senator and a unopened coke bottle on a coaster with a bag of 'Pnuttels' next to it for him to snack on while they talked.

The Senator closed the door and walked over to his desk as he spoke, "This is my new assistant, I am showing her the ropes of dealing inside Washington...Say Hi to William Norris...Miss Leigh?" he asked the girl, who smiled back her fast greeting, "Good day Sir." and left his coke on the table nearest the seat he usually took during these meetings.

That name rattled around in Bill's mind as he took his seat, then popped open his coke with a opener on his key chain. 'Lee' was that? he had heard Lee many a time, so he asked her, "Miss is your name Lee again?"

"Why yes sir, Lee...L...e...i...g...h. Leigh the French way to spell the name, first name is Rohanna also Sir?" she said and took Earl some M&M's in a small bowl to nibble on, that was his normal snack food for meetings so far Bill had noticed.

The teens whole name rattled around in Bill's head even harder now, he had heard or read that name more than a few times? Maybe the kid's family was from France, but she had no accent...her accent was strange...California like...but kind of British too or Irish?

That is when Rohanna wrote and placed a short note on the Senator's desk for him to read, Earl crumpled it up instantly with a short nod of acknowledgment.

When the teen took a water bottle and placed it on the table behind him, the one the large sofa used. Bill questioned the act instantly!

"Earl, is she staying?" he had to ask because of security and national secrets were very commonly talked about in this room during their meetings.

"Why yes she is and don't worry any? Rohanna has already given me a vow not to talk about what she hears in this room or sees from us? Is that not right Miss Leigh?" Earl asked as the Teen sat and Bill had to twist in his seat to see her better...most of the time he could 'just' make her out...in the corner of his eye.

"Yes Senator, I could repeat it all for Mr. Norris if you would like?"

"Well Bill?"

"AHHH Earl I don't think that a secrets act is binding on a teenager?"

"Humm Well Rohanna, please say it all again for Bill...Please?"

"I by my true name will not say or repeat or communicate in any manner to anyone I know at this time or don't know at this time...anything I hear or is seen by me in this room. Unless it becomes general knowledge someday, or I am released to do so by either of you gentlemen?"

Bill shook his head at the statement, "All of that was nice and I am sure you will keep to your word? But...Earl a teen in our meeting...really?" he questioned the Senator's strange thoughts on the matter.

"Well look at Miss Leigh again Bill, that was a very binding Mage's oath she just gave you and one she can not break?" he chuckled knowingly at the man before he turned around.

As William spun around in his chair once again to get a better look at the teen sitting nearly behind him, this time her form shimmered for a second and a white haired, nearly purple skinned, elf now sat in the blonde's place and Bill recognized that fang filled smile instantly...the Drow or one of them from Whateley.

Bill leapt out of his seat all the while yelling back at Earl and nearly pulling his weapon out from his coat, "Earl what is this, you bring a mutant into one of our meetings and a teen one at that!"

"William have a seat, and don't pull out your holdout gun? I would hate to get this carpet all bloody if Miss Leigh reacts badly to your intentions. AND since we are talking about mutants tonight and your departments using or MIS-using them? She is the perfect person to give me opinions on the matter, besides the small fact I am truly training her in Washington's ways...then add she can tell me instantly...if you are lying to me?" Earl warned the stunned man.

"How did she know I was armed?" Bill questions and reveals that he really is...armed by mistake.

"I smelled the gun power and oils the gun uses? Then add I saw the outline of it, along with the two knives you carry...one in your coat and one on your left leg above your sock." the Drow smiled at him.

"See how useful Rohanna is William, she could be an important valuable asset someday? But let's call that idea one that will be questioned again years from now at best...shall we?" Earl said to the man and along the lines he had agreed to with both his son and wife!

"Okay Earl, this is your meeting and how you want it run or who attends it is your choice? So what did you want to know about?" Bill almost sighed to the senator who could be called his boss on many matters of state business.

From there the conversation was lead by the senator, who would ask questions and expect full well thought out replies from Mr. Norris on each matter. During William's answer, Rohanna would nod or shake her head as the man spoke. Thus telling Earl if the man was telling the truth or lying outright. Most of the time, Earl let the lies pass by. But occasionally he would press the matter when he knew it was a lie and stop William, then ask the man to correct himself or tell the truth?

William tugged at this dress coat or his shirt collar at times, this form of questioning was grueling at best and then add the fact he had a trained killer at his back...one he had no chance against in a fight!

"So Bill what about that cyber mutant that disappeared last year and the one right after her? Both of them could have been great assets that controlled computers, but one disappeared into nothing and the other was snatched up by another agency..." Earl told the man.

"Well in both cases, the same man was in charge and he failed. One, the first case we had issues with ARC and outside interference that greatly affected the case. The last one, the military became involved among others and she was placed at a boarding school...Whateley by the way?" Bill said and glanced behind him, the evil knowing smirk crossing the teen Drow's face unnerved him more than a little...'how much did she really know?' he thought silently.

"What became of that manager that failed the CIA? He let a fully trained it seemed asset and a computer controlling mutant slide right between his fingers with that last one?" Earl asked with a stern voice.

"He was fired on the last action day of the last case Earl? We cut off all ties with the man and I heard he committed suicide right after we let him go...possibly the job and failure got to him? Or he was unstable all this time, because the case before it was very messy!"

I smiled as I thought about Falk being forced to take his own life and after chasing one of my fellow Sidhe and Paige...his death was deserved! Too bad his children have to suffer their fathers errors, then add I have to help them along from here out because of his failures, but I help willingly!

"Hummm...too bad I would have liked to ask him a few questions about that first mutant? But Rohanna dear...?"

"Yes Sir?" the Drow behind William said in a warm voice that unnerved him yet again.

"Do you know that girl, she does go to your school now?" Earl asked.

"Which one Sir, there were two in that last question you gave Mr. Norris?" she said and seemed to know more than a teen should...so thought William just now.

"The second one of course?"

"Ohh her Sir, well part of her mutation was into a Sidhe...like me and with that of course I know her. We train together all the time and she shows me techy things...things I never dealt with before?" the Drow smiled with her fangs out as Bill turned to look at her.

"That's good Rohanna. So what would you say about her?" Earl asked.

"After she graduates Whateley and college? I am sure she will be quite the asset to any company that hires her!"

"And what if we would like her to work with the CIA?" William asked the teen.

"That would be up to her if she took your offers or not? But she is keeping up with me during our shared school training and I am training her on the side in Sidhe skills as well...in a few hundred years...she will be just awesome!"

"A few hundred years?" William chuckled out.

"Yes Sir, you do not train the perfection that is a Sidhe warrior overnight or in a few years. Training magic properly takes several decades of not hundreds of years, then each fighting skill must be mastered from there...just like I was taught." the teen said with a hint of anger or warning in her voice to William.

"Humm, we will asked her then?" Earl said and dropped the matter.

But William wanted to know something, something that has been bothering him since he heard of this Teen Drow behind him and her suddenly appearing twin sister. he had sent a few recruiters to the school to make a try at getting her in the 'company'...but each time they failed or were turned away by the schools staff with a warning to leave her alone for a few more years...'Let her settle a bit more' was the answer most times.

So still bothered by that last train of thought, William turned in his large chair and stared right at the Teen Drow as he asked his question, "So Rohanna, would you work for us in the CIA or another agency of the US government? We could use all that training of yours!"

"Well Sir, Mr. Norris...One...why would I work for humans? Then if you could convince me? What are you going to pay me with, because money outside of a few toys I have already purchased...does not interest me or I flatly don't really need it? With one exception...bribing humans to get them to do as I request someday?" I smiled to him.

"Well not all jobs are repaid with cash?" William said slowly.

"Senator Stockbridge, please tell Mr. Norris what you found out about asking favors of Drow or even Sidhe or mages?" I asked pleasantly.

"Well Bill, asking one of their kind for a favor binds you into repaying it in kind...in some way and the Drow, Sidhe or mages get their favors repaid in kind...fully. Then I was told owing a Drow a favor is a bad idea...they always collect!"

"I am sure we can come up with arrangements to suit you?" William told me.

"Senator?" I asked.

"The lady has big needs or wants and only the president I think...could grant them the way she wants? AND yes they are that big Bill!"

"I am sure I could think of something?" William said and pondered the thought.

"And if you failed to pay off Sir? Do you really want a Drow or Drow twins chasing after you? Because in our ancient Drow mind or memories, Failure meant sure death and only death. That is it, black or white simple...no grays in life. That is how we lived...or died."

"That is a little extreme?"

"Yes it is, so if you do fail me and your boss is the president? Do you want me going after him or that office over repayment for your failure for hundreds of years? We Drow do live a very long time!"

"In any case, please let's talk later?"

"Ask the Senator, he is my go between so far in any of my future dealings with the US government and I like having him there...he knows what you can or can not promise?" I nod over to Earl and he nods back.

~o~O~o~


Monday, August 27, 2007 11:50 PM
The Grove

Here it was the day we twins had been waiting all week for!. The whole Grove was alive with magic this night, the Moon would be in red eclipse or blood moon of the earth very soon and with that simple eclipse. The magic...the essence of the Grove grew hundreds of fold and at its peak, the Box would be filled so much essence...it would accomplish weeks, if not months of it's work on Kevin in just minutes!

As the minutes passed by in slow motion to my eyes, the Box glowed brighter and brighter with power. The moon's silvery disk started to gain just a hint of reddening at one edge and that told me that 'magical' time was here.

It anyone was going to attack the Grove, it would be tonight! But this much power pulsing through every part of the Grove, gave it so much power...no one would be that crazy to darken this bright night!

Normally on nights like this, I would be banging out a weapon or magic item on a forge because of the raw power that was so very easy to gather this night...but tonight was for a rebirth of one of my kind!

I was sure that I could hear the hammer falling on metal far off somewhere nearby, forging an item of vast power? Perhaps Caitlin the Artificer, a very human looking golem that shaped metal and magic to create works for GODS was at work! I smiled at the thoughts, she was free now and the one of only a few in her long lineage, that was ever free and someday I will be too...we Drow twins will be free of that damn cursed book!

The few hours passed by quickly to most, but to me, to us it felt like days! After the peak of the moon becoming fully blood red, the box shone like a sun over the whole Grove. I could see the very Ley lines pulse power into it and as the moon's red faded, the moon set in the west for the greeting of the new morning rising in the east with the sun.

That moon slowly losing its red color is when the mercury like metal that covered up Kevin when the Box began it's task, started to flow once more and his wrapped body rose to the top of the silvery mass slowly...ever so slowly!

As his body rose up, the silvery liquid flowed off his wrapped body and then finally rested on the very top as the metal finally became a solid once again. Then gems all lit up one at a time on the control panel and then all winked out in unison...it was done!

I leapt to be at Kevin's side, both of us looked his body over and I pulled at the shrouds wrappings covering his face up. As I pulled the silk like cloth away, I could see a little of the box's work had been done to his face. It was nearly unnoticeable, but there...his face was slightly more squared like mine was.

As I pulled the cloth from his mouth, I lifted a lip of his to take a peak and found what I wanted too...he had very nice fangs just like mine now! That is when I started praying to Gaea innerly, 'Please be alright...Kevin please breath for me...please!' and I could hear Rehanna in my mind saying the same exact thing.

Kevin took a breath!


~o~O~o~

~o~O~o~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shadowsblade here.

This story in a joint venture with a group of fan fic authors, so far this group is made up of Nuuan, then Branek and finally myself. We all got together and after a jumpy start decided to make a group of stories that all take place within the Whateley fanfic universe.

To have an idea about the main protagonist this story's will develop
around here is a short introduction.

Angels Peril a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
Tormented by the past, Angel is struggling between light and dark.

Melvin a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
They say old soldiers never die, Melvin is about to learn that the hard
way.

The Way of the Dragon a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
Born for eternity but vulnerable like a child, dragons shouldn't leave
their nest.

Every Rose has it Thorns a Whateley Tale: Written by Nuaan
Watch what you say around rose, could give you more trouble than you ever
asked for.
This one is coming soon, bug him for it! lol

Kelly a Whateley Tale: Written by Nuaan
Struggling with fate, Kelly has to deal with love and loss.

Shadowsblade a Whateley Tale: Written by Shadowsblade
Created for war and forged in pain, dealing with demons within and
without.

Vantier a Whateley Tale :Written by Shadowsblade
Ancient and Powerful Vantier awakens in a foreign world, struggling to
find her place in it.

You might ask yourself what is the Whateley Universe? To make it short,
here is a abstract straight out off the wiki.

Whateley is a Prep School for different teens. VERY different ones. Where else could a kid go to a school that has a resident demon living in the furnace? Or meet magic users, mutants of every imaginable kind, get trained in how to handle some rather odd abilities, and worry about
flunking Freshman English? Come visit Whateley Academy, nestled in the
lovely hills of New Hampshire. Just down the road from a town named
Dunwich... (Mythos jokes purely intentional).
This is the Whateley Academy Universe, a shared universe with over a dozen authors and more than a hundred stories (and counting). The stories range in size from vignettes to novels. It's a Mutant High scenario with both a strong transgender theme and a slightly watered down Cthulhu Mythos theme.

It's also very much a work in progress.'
If you want further information you will find them on.

http://crystalhall.wikia.com/wiki/Whateley_Academy_Wiki

or

http://whateleyacademy.net/

But I have to thank, Both Branek and Nuuan for their vast input and the ability they both have to 'bounce' off ideas and improve them!

To all my readers who have e-mailed me and given support--THANKS!

Please feel free, to add a review to this story and others. As those kind words are 'cookies' that keeps that muse well fed on the 'sometimes' long breaks between stories!

Copyright © 2016 by Shadowsblade

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced,
distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including
photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods,
without the prior written permission of the Author, except in the case of
brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other
noncommercial uses permitted

this warning is for our story stealers off site, not the BC family of readers we all know and love!

up
206 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thank you

I've been waiting for a new chapter to this story. I hope the wait for another chapter will not be so long.

Working on it!

shadowsblade's picture

Working on it!

but crazy is hard to channel and my mind has been on finding more work or moving out of California tax hell prison!

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

"Kevin took a breath!"

awesome! And I love how she handled the CIA guy.

DogSig.png

Drowls

So glad to see and enjoy the newest Shadowsblade.
A large percentage of Whateley writers are AWOL . Nonetheless Shadowsblade is one of my favorites..
Thanks
a

alissa

most of the 'canon' ones are

shadowsblade's picture

most of the 'canon' ones are on the crystal hall web site

in our group..Nuuan is writing his stuff that deals with us at a good pace
Branek...his job and other stuff whacked his muse hard and he is on vacation for now? hit him up to encourage him?

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

Thanks for more of this story

Gianna Michelle's picture

I have not even read the newest part yet . I just wanted to say thank you for this wonderful story. Take care and God Bless.

I hope you are enjoying the

shadowsblade's picture

I hope you are enjoying the story as you read it!

remember you can always ask questions and I do use reader input!

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

Adding to the "thank you"

Thank you Shadowsblade. And thanks to your group for the amazing stories. Best wishes to all.

Kudoss.....

glad you are enjoying them!

shadowsblade's picture

glad you are enjoying them!

remember you can always ask questions and I do use reader input!

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

I have to ask...

I hope I do not disturb your muse by asking this question. But I need to ask...

Are you going to start another series???
Perhaps mini series... Kevin the Drow..??

was thinking to jump to

shadowsblade's picture

was thinking to jump to another project that is very Whately like that all 3 of us authors thought up next

might do that after one each of rohanna and Vantier

Did think of avery small Kevin story?? Might do it?

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

Cool

I see. Thanks Shadowsblade. Regards to Nuan and Branek and you.

Wheels turning

Jamie Lee's picture

What another wonderful Whateley adventure, filled with the usual garbage going on with those humans who would enslave every mutant if they could. Of course, it wouldn't be called slavery, just doing their duty for their country. Uh huh!

William needs a Drow education for a few hundred years, in the Grove. His sewer work in Washington D. C. won't work with the Sidhe, because they collect on their debts. As she told Bill, black is black, white is white. And reneging on a deal can be life threatening.

But maybe they should make deals with William. He's bound to renege at some point and could use a Grove education.

Others have feelings too.

William and the twins will

shadowsblade's picture

William and the twins will have farther meet up and that will lead to where? Who knows?

only alphabet soup Gov entities could mess up a perfect relationship with the Drow...the senator is better at knowing when to let off and will keep to the sides of the mess I'd bet!

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective