Sister, Sister, Sister - 2

Printer-friendly version

Sister, Sister, Sister - Part 2
By Missy Crystal

Twelve year old Johnny wants to play Barbies with his sisters, but Barbies are for girls. How can Johnny join the game? A sweet, sentimental story about a young boy's discovery of the girl he should have been with the help of his sisters and mother. This is a story I wrote a couple of years ago and I am posting it here for those who would like to know more about Dr. Jenny Mitchell. It is complete, for those who anguish over being left hanging, but too long for a single post.

I opened the car door and caught Mom watching me. I figured that she was waiting to see if I had learned my lesson. I guessed that the proper way for a girl to get out was the reverse of how I got in, so I put my knees together, swung my legs out and then stood up.

"Very good, Jenny. Just one more thing"

What's that Mom?" I asked.

"Girl's are always fussing with their clothes. After you stand up, you should straighten your jumper. Oh, another thing. Girls are always primping. You know what I mean, brushing their hair or putting on lipstick. We can't resist checking our appearance when we see a mirror or our reflection in a window."

"Thanks for the advice, Mom. I'll try to remember."

We reached the revolving glass door. Mom took Susie's hand and went through. Then I started to go through and Beth squeezed in with me. We kept bumping into each other as the door rotated and finally came stumbling out the other side. Beth thought it was really funny.

"Sis, please don't do anything to embarrass me or draw attention to us. This is hard enough for me as it is. I'd die if anyone knew it was me."

"I'm sorry," Beth replied. "I wasn't thinking. My girlfriends and I goof around like that all the time."

She took my hand and started walking towards Mom and Susie, who had stopped to wait for us. I hesitated.

"Now what's the matter?" she asked.

"You're holding my hand. People will stare."

"Jenny, really!" exclaimed Beth. "Girls hold hands or go arm-in-arm all the time. It's perfectly natural."

Mom and Susie had started walking again and we caught up with them at the entrance to the big department store. I had no idea where we were going, but Beth and Susie headed straight for a sign that said 'Girls and Juniors'. Since Beth was still holding my hand, I followed along.

"Alright girls," Mom said, looking at Beth and me. "You two go pick out your panties while I take Susie over to look at shoes. Have fun."

"C'mon Jenny. Let's start over there," said Beth, pointing to a rack of panties.

We walked over and she took down a pair. They were black nylon with beige lace covering the front. Beth showed me the tag.

"See, Jenny, they're designer. Aren't they beautiful? I'll bet there's a matching top around here someplace. Yup, here it is. See, the same beige lace on the front and the thin straps. They're called 'spaghetti straps'. Oh my gawd! Look at the price! Mom would have a stroke if we asked her to buy these."

She put the panties and top back and walked over to another rack.

"What about these?" she asked, pointing to a pink satiny looking pair. She took them off the rack and held them up to her waist. "What do you think? They're not designer, but they're pretty."

"I don't know, Beth," I said. "There are hundreds of different pairs. You could spend a whole day here looking at them. How do you know what to buy?"

"Well," she explained, "when you're a little girl, your mommy picks them out for you. Mostly cotton ones in pastel colors with cute little designs and some nylon ones for when you get dressed up. Then, as you grow up, you try different styles and decide what you like. See these here. They're regular briefs. The legs come down below your hips and the waist is above your hips. They're comfortable, but kind of old fashioned and most girls don't wear them unless they're having their period and need to wear a pad."

"Beth, will you stop with the period stuff. I'm not going to have a period and I don't need to know about it, okay?"

"I'm sorry, Jenny, I didn't mean to gross you out. But it's something we girls talk about."

"I'm flattered, I guess," I said apologetically.

"See these panties here," Beth went on, pointing to an aqua pair with lace trim around the legs and waistband similar to the ones I was wearing. "The leg openings come up to below your hips and they're called 'high cut.' Then there are these," she said, picking up a powder blue pair that looked smaller. "They sit on your hips, so they're called 'hip huggers'. And these," she said, picking up an even smaller pair, "are bikinis. They just about cover your, well, you know what, but they're very sexy," she said with a giggle.

Then Beth gave me a little push towards another rack. She held up a pair of lacy white panties.

"See," she said, as she pulled on the material. "They stretch, so they fit any figure. Even yours," she giggled. "And there's a matching crop top. I really want a set. If you get them too, we can be twins. What do you say?"

"Sounds good to me, but we'd better decide quickly. I see Mom and Susie heading this way. What color should we get? I like the black."

"The black is pretty," agreed Beth. "But it's not very practical. You can't wear black panties under light colored clothes, they show through. How about the beige, they're pretty too."

"Fine with me."

Beth took down two pairs of the lacy panties and two of the tops and walked over to meet Mom. I followed her. Mom took the panties and tops from Beth and looked them over.

"You and Jenny are getting matching sets. I can't wait to see you in them. They're really cute."

"Mom, that's not fair," Susie complained. "They're getting presents and I'm not."

Mom stopped to think and then she said, "I still have to pick up some packaged panties for Beth and pay for everything. Why don't you girls go across the way to the accessory store and pick out a pair of earrings for Susie as her present. I'll meet you there in a few minutes."

Susie grabbed my hand and started pulling me towards the exit.

"C'mon Jenny, lets hurry," she said excitedly. "You spent lots of time shopping with Beth, now it's my turn."

I couldn't believe it. My little sister wanted me to shop with her. Beth tagged along behind us. I looked around nervously to see if anyone was looking at me. Beth patted me on the back reassuringly.

"Relax, Sis," she said. "Mom is right. Nobody will recognize my pretty cousin Jenny as my nerdy brother Johnny."

"Thank you for saying I'm pretty; but remind me to tell Johnny that you called him a nerd when I see him."

Susie was too intent on getting to the accessory store to listen to our conversation, but Beth laughed.

"I am not so sure that under the circumstances Johnny wants to make his big sister mad at him," she said.

"Beth, you wouldn't. You promised. I trusted you."

She quickly apologized.

"I'm sorry, Jenny. It was a mean thing to say. I love my sisters and I would never, ever do anything to hurt them. Don't worry. Your secret is safe with me."

By then we had reached the store. It was called 'Earrings and Things'. We went inside. There was a whole wall of earrings, dozens of racks with dangling necklaces and bracelets, display cases full of rings and jewelry and another whole wall of hair stuff. Just like the department store, Beth and Susie knew exactly where to go.

"Over here, Jenny," Susie called to me.

We were so into looking at earrings that we didn't notice Mom come in. It was only when I heard her call my name that I turned around and saw her talking to a woman at the back of the store. Mom motioned for me to come. When I got to her, Mom pointed to a stool,

"Please sit down so Amy can measure you."

I had not idea what she was talking about, but I was in no position to argue. I looked over and saw Mom was watching me. I remembered what she said about how girls sit, so I reached behind me with both hands and smoothed my skirt. Then I slowly sat down and crossed my ankles, the way I remembered seeing Beth do it. Mom smiled and nodded at me.

"Look straight ahead and don't move," Amy told me.

I heard her tear open a package and then felt something wet and cold rubbing my earlobe. Then I felt something make a dot. Amy moved around behind me and did the same to my other ear. She went back and forth twice more.

"Okay, Michelle," she called to someone out of my sight. "We're ready."

I could see a young woman coming over to us.

"Here you go," she said to Amy, handing her one of the things she was carrying.

I could feel Amy and Michelle pressing something against my earlobes, but still had no idea what was going on.

"Ready?" Amy asked.

"Yes ," replied Michelle.

"One, two, three," called out Amy.

I heard clicks and felt a sting in my ear lobes. Mom had moved in front of me and had her hands on my shoulders. I jumped, but she held me down.

"Ouch," I said. "That hurt. What are you doing to me?"

"It's all over, sweetie," Amy said. "Your ears are pierced and your pretty new studs are in. We just need to put on the backs so they won't fall out. Just hold still for a minute. This won't hurt at all."

Mom was still standing in front of me. She had let go of my shoulders and was smiling.

"Now all my daughters have pretty pierced ears. Beth, Susie, come over her and see your sister's pierced ears.

I heard Beth squeal, "Jenny has pierced ears?"

She and Susie ran over and looked.

"Now you're just like us, Jenny," Susie said. "Do you want to wear my new earrings?"

"That's very sweet of you, Susie, to want to share with your sister, but not yet," said Mom. "She has to keep the studs in until the holes heal up."

"See, Jenny," Amy said, handing me a mirror. "Men don't appreciate how much pain we girls have to go through to look beautiful."

"I do," I said.

Mom and Beth started to laugh.

Amy had a puzzled look on her face. Luckily, she didn't get the joke. Then she said, "Our special piercing package comes with two pairs of earrings off the sale rack, so why don't you girls go help Jenny pick them out."

"That's a good idea," said Mom. "I'll pay and then we have one more stop. Hurry, I want to get there before the mall closes in a half hour. Susie, did you find some earrings for your present?"

"Yes, Mommy," said Susie. She handed her a pair of little hoops with a dangling heart.

We picked out a pair of small hoops, which Beth assured me would go with 'everything' and a pair of pearl studs for when I got 'dressed up.' Mom paid the salesgirl, we all said thank you, and walked outside. When we were a little ways from the store, I turned to Mom.

"Mom, it's not that I don't appreciate your getting my ears pierced, but what were you thinking? I have to go to school on Monday and when the guys get a look at my earrings, they will call me a sissy and probably beat the crap out of me!"

"Young ladies don't say 'crap,' Jenny."

Beth giggled, because of course she did.

"And don't worry," Mom reassured me. "You can take the studs out in the morning before you leave for school. The holes won't close up if you leave them out for a few hours. Your hair covers your ears and I can even put on a dab of make-up to cover the holes. Nobody will know."

I breathed a sigh of relief. Mom had Susie's hand and Beth took my arm. We kept walking until we reached a store called, 'Mr. Kenneth's Mall Salon'. Mom stopped and opened the door. We trooped in behind her.

She walked up to the woman at the desk and said politely, "I know it's late, but is it possible to get a trim for my daughter?"

I assumed she meant Susie or Beth.

The woman told Mom that she thought that all of the hairdressers had already closed up their stations, but to wait and she would see. After a few minutes, she returned with a man. I'm not much good at guessing the ages of adults, but he looked about Mom's age. He was dressed in a black long sleeved shirt, buttoned at the cuffs and neck, and black pants. His blonde hair was very short. He had a tiny mustache and a large diamond earring in one ear.

"Good evening, ladies. I am Mr. Kenneth. He looked at Mom. I understand that you want a trim for one of your daughters? I'm sorry, but we're getting ready to close. If you would like to make an appointment … ." Then he stopped and walked over to me. "Is this your daughter that needs a trim?" he asked.

"Yes," said Mom. "I'm afraid Jenny has gotten rather shaggy since her last haircut. I was hoping you could even it up a little."

Mr. Kenneth continued to study me. He put his hand on my chin and tilted my head up and down and from side to side. Then he walked around behind me. I was getting very nervous. Finally, he said to Mom, "Come with me."

We followed Mr. Kenneth into a room and he closed the door.

"This is our spa room. Everyone is gone except for Ellen, the receptionist, but I think that it is best if we keep this private," he said. "Jenny is a very lucky boy to have such an understanding mother and sisters," he remarked.

Mom was startled. "How did you know?" she asked him.

"Really Madam," Mr. Kenneth replied indignantly. "You can fool most people about a person's gender, but not a hairdresser. I spend all day looking at heads and I can tell a boy when I see one, no matter how pretty he looks." Then he sighed. "I wish my mother had let me dress up when I was young, but no matter. Jenny is obviously special and I will take very good care of," he paused dramatically, "her. Jenny, please sit in the chair."

He walked over to a cabinet and took out a white towel which he wrapped around my neck and put a plastic cape over me and fastened it in back. Then he picked up a bottle and began to spray water on my hair until it was dripping wet.

"Mom," I said nervously. "I'm not so sure this is such a good idea. I mean, you said I could take out the earrings and nobody would know; but if I go back to school with a girl's haircut, they really will call me a sissy and beat me up."

Mr. Kenneth spoke up.

"Don't worry. I have many mothers who bring their sons and daughters in for unisex cuts. They are very stylish, which the boys like, and easy to care for, which the girls and their mothers like. When you are en femme ... ." He paused when he saw my blank expression. "I'm sorry. I should have realized that you are new to this. En femme is French. It means when you are dressed as a girl. Anyway, you can add a headband, a barrette or a hair clip and make it look very feminine. Then when you are en drab, that means dressed in your boy's clothes, although its pretend French, you can brush it back off your face and look masculine."

"Thank you for making me feel better, Mr. Kenneth," I replied. "Whatever you think is best is fine with me," I said with a little smile.

Mr. Kenneth smiled back at me. He picked up a comb and started to fuss with my hair. Then he took a pair of scissors and began to snip here and there, measuring with the comb, lifting up little sections, holding them between his fingers and trimming them. Finally, he stepped back and turned to my mother.

"You see, Madam, I have shaped and trimmed her hair and layered it on the sides. It is more than I usually do for a unisex cut, but whoever cut her hair before should have been a butcher and not a barber. When her hair grows out, I can do more, but for now, to create a soft, feminine look, you should blow it out and use a styling brush. You do have a styling brush?"

He looked at Mom's hair and then over at Beth and Susie.

"Obviously not!"

I could see Mom frown and begin to say something, but he cut her off.

"You must come back in two weeks and Mr. Kenneth will make you all gorgeous."

He gave Mom a big smile.

Mom's expression changed to a smile and Beth and Susie were clapping their hands in delight at the thought of having a real salon styling. Mr. Kenneth picked up a hair dryer and turned to me.

"Watch what I do, so you can do it yourself."

As he moved the dryer over my head, he gently wrapped the hair around the brush, drew it out and let it slide off. He handed me the brush.

"You try it."

The most I had ever done with my hair was run a comb through it when Mom made me get dressed up. I took the brush and looked in the mirror as I tried to copy what Mr. Kenneth had done. He held the dryer for me and after a few attempts he nodded with approval.

"Yes, yes, very good. Keep it up. A girl's hair is her most important feature. Even the best cut will not look good if you do not take the time to style it. Here, try holding the dryer."

Mr. Kenneth kept observing me as I used the dryer and brush and finally he said, "There, that is enough for now."

I started to put the brush on the counter. He stopped me.

"Please, keep it as a present from me."

Mom looked at her watch.

"Oh, Mr. Kenneth, I am so sorry that we kept you after closing time."

She took out her wallet and handed him a credit card.

"What is this, Madam? There is no charge. It is my pleasure and it will be my pleasure to do her beautiful sisters too." Then he gave Mom a big grin. "Their mother is hopeless, I think, but we shall see if Mr. Kenneth can do the impossible."

It had been a long time since I saw Mom become emotional, but she threw her arms around Mr. Kenneth and gave him a big hug. Beth and Susie ran over and joined in. So did I. The man was obviously caught by surprise. When we untangled, he led us to the back door, which went directly to the parking lot. We waved goodbye and headed for our car. It was almost ten o'clock and we were all tired.

As we drove home, Mom said, "I have not had so much fun in years. Tomorrow is Sunday. What would you girls like to do?"

It had been an exciting first day for me as Jenny. After having my ears pierced and my hair styled at the mall, my concern about being recognized as a boy dressed up in his sister's clothes was gone. I followed Mom, Beth and Susie into the house. Let the neighbors get a good look!

"It's late girls. Please get ready for bed," Mom called to us.

I went up to my room, closed the door and started to get undressed. I slipped the jumper's straps off of my shoulders, but the skirt stayed up. I reached around and untied the belt. The jumper fell down around my feet and I stepped out of it. I remembered the fuss Beth made about my leaving clothes on the floor when I took off her party dress, so I went to my closet and got a hanger. I took off the top, being careful not to get makeup on it, and was pulling down my tights when I heard a knock on my door.

"Jenny, are you decent?" asked Beth.

"Well, if you consider being in my panties decent, yes," I replied.

The door opened and Beth came in. She had on yellow cotton panties with white trim and a matching top.

"Is my little sister getting modest?" she asked. "My seeing you in your panties didn't seem to bother you this morning when I was dressing you up."

"It doesn't bother me," I said. "I wasn't sure about you."

"Why?" she questioned me. "We're sisters, aren't we? We don't have anything to hide."

"Well, maybe one thing," I replied.

"Yes, that's true. Perhaps we should keep our panties on," she said with a grin. "I wanted to show you how to wash your tights and I have a present for you too."

"A present Beth, really? I already got a present at the mall. You don't have to give me anything."

"I know I don't have to," she said, "but I want to." She held out a box.

I took the box and opened it. Inside I saw something white and shiny with frilly lace. I picked it up. It was a gorgeous nightgown. The material was satiny smooth. It was sleeveless and had a v-neck and low back with a lace ruffle in front and a matching lace ruffle around the bottom. Underneath it was a matching long sleeved robe with three ribbon ties on the front and a lace ruffle at the cuffs. The robe was shorter than the nightgown and open in the front, so the ruffles on the nightgown peeked out.

"Beth, I love it!"

I was so happy that my sister would give me such a beautiful present that my voice quivered. She had never paid any attention to me when I was her brother.

"But it's much too special."

Beth had a big smile when she saw how excited I was.

"Aunt Nancy gave it to me for a special occasion and I can't think of any occasion more special than having a new sister. If you don't take it, you'll hurt my feelings."

She put her hands in front of her face and pretended to cry.

"Okay, okay." It didn't take much to convince me. "But if I can share your clothes, then you can share my nightgown. Deal?" I asked her.

"Deal," she agreed.

She was about to hug me and then we both realized that we were in our underwear and maybe that wasn't such a good idea, even if we were 'sisters'.

"Can I try it on now?" I said excitedly.

"Not yet, Sis. We need to get washed up. Come on, grab your tights."

She turned around and headed for the bathroom. I followed her. For some reason, it didn't seem strange for us to be in the bathroom together.

"You need to wash your tights and stockings after you wear them," Beth directed me. "First, fill the sink with warm water. Then add a little hand soap. Swish the tights around a few times. See here?"

She had turned the top of the tights inside out and was showing me something white inside.

"This is a cotton sanitary panel. You need to scrub it."

"Beth, really, enough with the period stuff."

"Jenny, this has nothing to do with periods," Beth scolded me. "Girls get infections if they don't keep themselves clean, well, you known, down there. If we are going to share my tights and panty hose, then you need to do this after you wear them."

"I'm sorry, Beth." I apologized. Then I added jokingly, "And I promise to keep myself clean, 'down there'."

"After you wash them, beth went on, "let the soapy water out and run warm water. Hold them under the faucet and gently squeeze until all the soap is out. Then hang them over the towel bar in the bathtub."

"Got it," I told her. "Now can I put on my nightgown?"

"Not yet, Jenny. A girl's hair may be her most important feature, but her skin is second. All the makeup in the world won't cover a facefull of zits. Fill the sink up with the hottest water you can stand. The heat opens up your pores. Use the cleansing soap and wash you face. Rinse it really good to get off all the soap. Then blot it dry with a towel."

I started to follow her directions, filling the sink and checking the temperature of the water with my fingers under the faucet.

"Wait a second." She reached into a drawer. "Here," she said, and handed me a headband.

"This will keep your hair back. Put it over your head and around your neck under your hair. Here, I'll show you. Okay, there. See. Now, pull the bottom of the band against the back of your head and slide the top of the band forward over your forehead to catch your bangs and pull them off your face."

I never realized that washing my face could be so complicated. After completing the routine and being admonished for rubbing and not blotting, as well as receiving a lecture about the various makeup removers, cleansers, moisturizers, and toners I would need to use when I got older, Beth finally gave me permission to return to my bedroom and put on my nightgown.

As I was heading down the hallway, I heard Beth call to me, "Jenny, don't forget to brush your hair before you go to bed. Some of the fashion magazines say 100 strokes, but I just do it for a few minutes. Goodnight, Sis. Sleep tight."

"Goodnight, Beth." Then, surprising myself with words that I had never used before, I added, "I love you."

I went into my room and closed the door. I picked up the beautiful nightgown from my bed, running my hand over the silky smooth nylon and brushing the lacy ruffle with my fingers. I found the bottom, slid my arms inside, lifted it over my head and let it drop down. I was amazed that anything could feel so wonderful. I wished that I had a full-length mirror in my room, like Beth and Susie had, so I could admire myself. I modeled the nightgown, walking, turning and posing. It was late and I was tired from a long exciting day, so I decided to wait until the morning to try on the robe. I pulled back the covers and got into bed. As I slid down, the sensation of my nylon panties gliding over my nightgown was ecstasy. I closed my eyes and dreamed pretty dreams.

"Beth, Susie, Jenny! Girls, wake up. Rise and shine. Breakfast is ready." I heard Mom calling from the bottom of the stairs.

I sat up. Was it a dream? Mom had called, 'Jenny.' I look down and saw the nightgown. No, it wasn't a dream. I threw back the covers and slid out of bed. I lifted up the bottom of the nightgown and saw I still had on the pink nylon panties Beth had dressed me in the day before.

"Jenny, what's keeping you? Hurry up. Your breakfast is getting cold."

I picked up the robe, slid my arms in and tied the three ribbons at the front.

"Coming, Mom."

I hurried downstairs and into the kitchen. Beth and Susie were already sitting at the table. Beth had on a big white cotton t-shirt with a picture of a megaphone on the front. Susie was wearing pastel pink cotton pajamas with light blue bunnies and lavender carrots with mint green tops. I had a silly thought whether light blue bunnies really ate lavender carrots.

Mom stopped what she was doing when she saw me come in.

"Jenny, that is a beautiful nightgown and robe. You look very pretty. Beth, is that the set that Aunt Nancy gave you for your birthday?"

"Yes, Mommy. I hope its okay. I though that Jenny should have something special to sleep in."

"It was very sweet of you to think of your sister, Beth. I can't believe how much I enjoy having three daughters." Mom paused and then asked, "And what would my three beautiful girls like to do today? We could go to a movie or to the park. Its up to… ."

"Oh, the park, please, the park," interrupted Susie. "I want the park. Jenny can push me on the swings and we can feed the swans in the pond."

"How about it, Beth and Jenny?" Mom asked.

"Fine with me," said Beth.

"Fine with me," I said.

"The park it is. Let's finish breakfast, clean up the kitchen and then you can get dressed. Beth and Susie, you'll have to help Jenny pick out her clothes. It will be a while before she can do it on her own. I'll make us a picnic lunch."

"Mom," said Beth. "You gave us a very nice day yesterday. Today is your day. We'll clean up the kitchen. You go get yourself ready. And no sweat suit either!"

"Well, I never," replied Mom, pretending to be shocked. "Aren't we little miss bossy this morning."

Mom smiled, took the last sip of her coffee and headed upstairs.

"Alright, sisters, lets get going," ordered Beth. "Susie, you clear the table and bring the dishes to the sink. I'll wash. Jenny, you wipe and put them away."

With the three of us working together, the kitchen was done in no time. The amazing thing was that as a boy I would have left the table as soon as I finished eating and gone to watch TV or play a video game, but as Jenny, I enjoyed helping my sisters with the housework.

"Come on, Susie and Jenny. Let's get dressed," Beth directed.

We went upstairs to her and Susie's room.

"What shall you wear today, Jenny?" Beth said, looking me over. "Susie and I will wear our jeans. Should I find a pair for you too?"

"No, thank you," I said. "I've been wearing pants all my life. I want girl's clothes. Besides, you're the one who said I needed practice being a girl."

Beth went into her closet and started looking through her clothes. "No, too dressy. No, no, no. You wore the jumper yesterday and a girl can't wear the same outfit twice in a row. No, no. Yes! My kilt. And here's the blouse I wear with it. Perfect."

"Susie, please get a pair of panties, a cammie and a pair of blue knee socks from my dresser."

She came back with a pair of plain white cotton panties and a short white cotton top with thin straps. Beth took them from her and handed them to me.

"Jenny, go in the bathroom and change into these. Then come back and we'll finish dressing you."

I went into the bathroom and closed the door. I untied the ribbons on my robe, slipped it off and then pulled my nightgown up over my head. I neatly folded them on top of the counter. Then I slipped off my pink nylon panties and stepped into the white cotton ones. They were not as nice as the nylon panties, but with their high cut legs and low waist they still made me feel like a girl. I pulled on the top. It was more like a bra, fitting snug over my chest and coming to the bottom of my ribs. I looked in the mirror and saw a pretty girl staring back, except for the bulge in her panties, which I fixed by tucking my wiener under. Then I realized I had to pee. I lifted up the seat and pulled down my panties. I stopped. Jenny should go like a girl. I put the seat back down, turned around and sat. When I finished, I took some toilet paper and wiped myself, so I wouldn't get any dribbles in my panties.

"Jenny, we're ready," Beth shouted.

"Okay, okay, I'm coming. Give a girl a break," I kidded her.

The bedroom door was open. When I stepped in I saw Beth and Susie both in jeans and sneakers with short white socks. Susie's socks had little pompoms at the back, I guessed to stop them from sliding down into her sneaker. Beth's jeans had a fancy stitched design in white on the back pockets and she was wearing a light blue short sleeve shirt with the top buttons undone to show a white tank top underneath. Susie had on a flower print pullover jersey.

"Here, Jenny, put on your socks."

I drew them up. It seemed strange to have socks that came up so high, but they felt nice.

"Now the blouse."

She handed me a plain white cotton short sleeve blouse with a round collar. I put my arms in and buttoned it up. I was getting better at doing buttons backwards, although it occurred to me that girls probably think that boy's clothes button backwards. I left the top button open. The kilt was blue plaid with a pleated skirt that had two buckles at the side. Beth took it off of the hanger, undid the buckles and opened the skirt up so it was one long piece of material. She handed it to me.

I held it, but had no idea how to put it on and just stood there. Beth realized from my puzzled expression that I was clueless and took it back.

"Sorry, Jenny, I keep forgetting you're new to this. Here, the skirt wraps around you."

She reached behind me and then took one end in each hand, pulling it against my waist in back. She wrapped the left side around and fastened it to a button on the inside of the waistband near my right hip. Then she brought the right side around in front, hooked it to the waistband near my left hip and buckled the two buckles that held the slit in the skirt closed. She stood back and admired her work.

"There, that's good," said Beth approvingly. "You can wear these penny loafers. They have a lower heel than the ones you wore yesterday, but they're better for walking in the park."

We took turns sitting in front of the makeup table's mirror doing our makeup and hair. Susie didn't wear makeup yet and her hair was long and straight, so she didn't require much attention. Beth did her lips and eyes and then started fussing with her hair, running her hand through it half a dozen times to collect it, twirling it around and putting it up in a high ponytail with an elastic, then taking it down and doing it again with a black scrunchy. When she was finally satisfied, I tried putting on my makeup. I picked up the pink lipstick I wore yesterday. Beth stopped me and suggested I use red, because there was red in the plaid of the skirt. That was the first I knew that a girl's makeup had to coordinate with her outfit. It took me a few tries and a lot of tissues before my efforts met with Beth's approval. Then I used the styling brush and blow dryer to fluff up my hair and frame my face, the way Mr. Kenneth had shown me, and combed out my bangs. When I finished, I asked Beth if I could wear her heart locket.

"Of course, sister dear. You can wear my gold bangle bracelet too. I'm happy to share the family jewels."

Then she realized that 'family jewels' meant something different for boys and started giggling. Susie looked at her with a puzzled expression and Beth got serious again.

"Let's get going. No, wait a second. Jenny, you need a pocket book".

She went into her closet and came out with a blue fabric one with a shoulder strap.

"Here, take the lipstick and your brush. I think there's a mirror in it already." She looked inside. "Yes, there is."

We started for the door and Beth stopped us again. She went back to her makeup table and got a bottle of perfume. She put a dab on each of my wrists, two more dabs behind each of my ears and one at the front of my throat. Susie wanted some too, so she put a little dab on her wrists.

"Rub your wrists together to work in the perfume. The heat will release the scent."

The perfume had a flowery, powdery smell. Very pretty. I noticed that Beth was not putting any on herself.

"Don't you want to drive the boy's crazy?" I kidded her, referring to what she told me yesterday about wearing perfume.

"Nope. They're all yours today," and she laughed.

I made a face at her.

Susie was already going downstairs and we followed her. Mom was in the kitchen putting things in a canvas tote bag. She was wearing white pants, a black knit top with a scoop neck and three-quarter sleeves and black sandals. She had on makeup and a black hair ribbon.

"Wow, Mom!" Beth exclaimed. "You look great."

"I'll say," I agreed.

"Yes, great," said Susie, not wanting to be left out of the conversation.

"Thank you girls. I'm glad you approve. I wouldn't want to embarrass my daughters in public," she kidded us. "Now, let's scoot."

Mom picked up the tote with our picnic lunch and we headed for the car. As usual, Beth and Susie got in back and I got in front. By now, managing my skirt was easy. The park was only a about a five minute drive. Mom parked the car and we all walked up to the picnic area. Mom picked out a table in the shade of a big tree. Of course, Susie couldn't wait and started running towards the swings. Mom had made it clear that girls did not run in skirts and dresses, so I walked slowly and Beth kept me company. As we got near the swings, I could see Susie talking to another little girl. When we got a little closer, I could see it was Julie Johnson, the daughter of the woman who Susie stayed with after school until Mom got home from work. If Julie was here, then her mother wouldn't be very far away. Mrs. Johnson had come to the house a few times to drop Susie off when Mom was running late and I wasn't enthusiastic about testing how convincing I was as Jenny with somebody who knew me as a boy. Before I could leave, Susie saw me and started calling to me.

"Jenny, Jenny, come push me. Please come push me."

"In a minute, Susie." I turned to Beth. "If Julie is here, so is Mrs. Johnson and I really don't want her to see me. You push Susie. I'm going to head back. I turned and started to leave.

"Jenny, Jenny," called out Susie. "Where are you going? You said you would push me. You said so!"

I looked around and didn't see any adults. I didn't want to disappoint Susie and decided to take a chance.

"Okay, Susie. Calm down. Here I come."

I walked around behind her and started to push here. She pumped her legs and went higher.

"Push me harder, Jenny. Harder. I want to go way high."

I was concentrating on Susie and didn't notice Mrs. Johnson arrive.

"Hi, Beth. Hi, Susie," she greeted them. "How are you? Is your Mom here too?"

"Hi, Mrs. Johnson," Beth replied. "We're all fine and yes, Mom is at the picnic area. We're going back to have lunch when Susie finishes."

Mrs. Johnson turned to look at me.

"And who's this?" she asked.

Beth said nonchalantly, "Oh, that's my cousin Jenny. She's visiting us for a few days."

"Oh, how nice. Hi Jenny, I'm Claire Johnson," she said as she walked over and held out her hand. "It's nice to meet you. Are you Nancy's daughter?"

I was trying to hide behind Susie, but it wasn't working. Mrs. Johnson was now next to me. There was nothing I could do. I held out my hand and said in a soft voice, "It's nice to meet you too. Yes, she's my mother."

"I didn't know Nancy had a daughter."

She stopped and looked at me closely. I smiled at her and brushed my hair back with my left hand to show off my pierced ear.

"I can see the family resemblance." She paused and turned to Beth. "Where's your brother?"

"Oh, he didn't want to spend the day with three girls, so he stayed home to do whatever boys do."

She shook her head as if to say 'boys are weird' and gave a little laugh.

Mrs. Johnson walked back around to where Beth was standing.

"Julie, it's time for us to go. Say goodbye to everyone. Susie, we'll see you tomorrow. Bye Beth. It was nice meeting you Jenny."

She took Julie's hand and they walked off towards the parking lot.

"Holy cow, Beth! I was sure she would recognize me. I just about peed in my panties. I can't believe I pulled it off. She did believe I was Jenny, didn't she. She wasn't just putting me on or anything. You think?"

"No, I don't think she recognized you," Beth said reassuringly. "From her expression and the way she spoke to you, I am sure she thought you were a girl. Why wouldn't she? You're dressed like a girl, you smell like a girl, you act like a girl and Susie and I treat you like a girl. Even Mom didn't recognize you at first and that was before you got your hair done and your ears pierced."

"I guess you're right. But what if you're not? What will I do?"

"I don't know, Jenny. It's something that could happen if you go out. You'll just have to ask Mom."

Susie wanted me to push her some more. I wasn't in the mood. I was too worried about Mrs. Johnson, but she had been patient and I didn't want to disappoint her. I went back behind the swings and gave her a push. After five minutes or so, Beth took over. Finally, Susie had enough and we headed back to the picnic area.

When we arrived, I went up to Mom. I had a worried look, which she immediately caught.

"Jenny, what's the matter?" she asked in a concerned tone. "What's bothering you?"

"Well, when we got to the swings Julie was there," Beth interrupted, "and then Mrs. Johnson came over and met Jenny and, well, Jenny is worried that Mrs. Johnson recognized her."

"Oh, did she?"

"She didn't seem to," Beth answered. "I introduced Jenny to her as my cousin and she asked whether she was Aunt Nancy's daughter. She did say she didn't know that Aunt Nancy had a daughter though and asked where Johnny was, so maybe she caught on."

Mom was silent for a minute.

"Claire did meet my sister when she came up to help me after your father left. I don't think they spent much time together. Nancy and I were very busy, what with a new baby, and Claire was just a neighbor then. That was seven years ago, so I doubt she remembers much and I really don't think she knows whether Nancy has a daughter or not. Anyway, Jenny, I wouldn't worry about it. Even if she did know who you are, and I doubt she does, she is a very nice person. I am sure she would just assume that it was a family matter and none of her business. And if she ever did say anything to me, I would tell her that you had been teasing your sisters and it was my idea to dress you up as a girl to teach you a lesson. Okay?"

"Thanks, Mom." I gave a sigh of relief. "That does make me feel better."

"I'm glad, Jenny. I really enjoy your being a girl and you seem to like it too. I wouldn't want anything to spoil it. Now girls, let's eat. You can have anything you like for lunch, as long as it is peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on white bread. There's a jar of peanut butter and grape jelly and a loaf of bread. What bread you don't eat you can feed to the swans after lunch. So what will it be?"

Mom laughed. It was the first time I can remember her enjoying herself. Jenny was definitely an improvement to our family. I decided that no matter what happened, she was going to stay. We all had made our sandwiches and were sitting down to eat when Beth popped up and started waving.

"Chrissy, Dee, Mary," she called out. "Hi. Over here."

I turned to Beth and said anxiously, "What in the world are you doing. Please, Sis, almost having one heart attack today is enough."

"Don't be silly, Jenny. These are my friends from school. If you're going to hang out with me, then you're going to have to meet the people I hang out with. You have to make up your mind. Yes or no. I'll send them away if you want me to, but then you can't expect me to spend all of my time with you. I have a life, you know."

I turned to Mom for support.

"Please, I've only been a girl for a day. Give me some time to get used to being Jenny. I'll meet Beth's friends, but not now. Please, Mom. I need more time to practice."

"I think you're doing just fine, Jenny. Mrs. Johnson knows you and if she didn't recognize you, then Beth's friends certainly won't. Just relax. Everything will be fine. Besides, it's too late. They're here."

I look up and saw the three girls approaching us. Beth walked around the picnic table to greet them.

"Hi, girls," she said enthusiastically.

"Hi," they each replied.

"Chrissy, Dee, Mary, you've met my Mother and Susie.

The three girls all said hi.

"And this is my sister Jenny."

I saw Mom raise an eyebrow and Beth's smile drop for an instant when she realized her mistake. She immediately corrected herself.

"Well, Jenny is actually my cousin, but we're just like sisters. We share everything. She's wearing my kilt and blouse and I borrowed her designer jeans.

Beth spun around to show off her jeans.

"Jenny, this is Chrissy," Beth said, introducing a tall thin blonde with shoulder length hair. "We're in homeroom together. This is Dee, Denise actually, but we have another Denise in our class, so she's Dee. She's in my homeroom too," she said, putting her arm around a short girl with dark hair in a ponytail. And this is Mary." She put her other arm around an Asian girl with short dark hair and bangs. Beth paused, then turned to Chrissy and asked her, "What's up?"

"Oh, nothing much," Chrissy replied. "We're going over to Cindy's house to hang out. Do you want to come?"

Beth was very social and didn't want to be left out.

"Can I, Mom? Please? Cindy lives just the other side of the park. Please!"

"Well, Beth, it's not very polite to run off and leave your cousin. You can go but you have to take Jenny with you."

"Really, Mom? It's okay for Jenny to come with us?"

"Mom!" I exclaimed. "I mean Aunt Carol. I don't think that it's a good idea. I have some unpacking to do when I get home. Beth can go with her friends, I don't mind."

"Jenny's around our house so much, Beth and Susie are like her sisters and I'm like her second mother," Mom said to cover for me. "Jenny, you need to get out more. You will be staying with us for a while and need to meet people. Now scoot along with Beth and her friends and have fun."

"Yeah, really Jenny," added Chrissy, "it'll be fun. We're just going to hang out, maybe listen to some music and talk about boys." The girls giggled. "My Mom is picking me up in a couple of hours. Beth's house is on the way and she can drop you and her off. It's no biggie. C'mon."

"Yeah, like, really," said Mary.

"Totally cool," said Dee. "You can tell us all about the boys at your school."

"Yes," said Beth trying to keep a straight face without much success. "I want to hear all about the boys!"

I gave Beth a dirty look. Then I looked at Mom with a pleading expression. She gave me a big smile back. Before I could say anything more, Beth grabbed my hand and started to pull me along as the girls left.

"Wait," called Mom.

I breathed a sigh of relief. She was just kidding and now I was saved.

"Jenny, here," she said handing me my pocket book. "You almost forgot this."

"Oh, dear, how absent-minded of me," I said, giving Mom the eye. "I can't imagine what I would do without it. Thank you so much," I paused, "Aunty Carol."

The girls had stopped when they heard Mom call and now they started off again.

"I'll get you for this," I muttered to Beth as we hurried to catch up with them.

TO BE CONTINUED

up
81 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Very Interesting And Cute, But One Question

How long wil he be dressing as a girl and will his Mom let him transition?
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

wow verry cool

wow cool dude looks like a lady ,never judge a book buy it cover ,
[email protected]

mr charlles r purcell
verry good story i wood love to see a lot more of this all i can say is wow verry good thanks for shareing