Emily

Printer-friendly version

Robert is a young boy that has an insatiable curiously to learn, explore and discovery new things.

**********************************

My name is Robert Herman Fuller and I was born a premature twin via C-section due to complications my mother had after her car was hit by a drunk driver. My twin sister was still-born. My parents were Sara and Robert Fuller and we were living in New York City. Both of my parents worked in finance in the World Trade Center and were killed during the 9/11 attack.

I do have a few memories of my birth parents from a small handful of pictures Ellen has shown to me. Ellen, my new Mom, is my birth Mother s twin sister. She kindly adopted me to prevent me going into foster care. She is a single mother and has a thirteen-year-old daughter named Daisy. Presently we all live in Edmonds, WA. Edmonds is a quaint waterfront community north of Seattle. Mother has her Masters in Nursing and almost finished with her Ph.D. in Nursing and Administration. She has dreams to be able to teach someday.

I really love school. And I am always curious and ask why questions about almost everything. I am always experimenting and trying new ideas and wanted to build everything I read in Popular Mechanics. At school I was named, The Explorer and the Master of Curiosity. In biology I loved dissecting the frogs; and at home taking mechanical items apart to see how they work and why they were designed or constructed in that manner. Math and science are my favorite and strongest subjects. I loved building projects for science class and fairs. My observation skills are sharp.

But one thing ialways makes me scratched my head. Why did girls have so many clothes, fabrics, and colors. This intrigued me. Plus, why do they own so many pairs of shoes? I only have two pairs of nice dress of shoes for school and church, a pair of flip-flops and, and one pair of gym shoes. Oh, I have pair of boots for when it rains too

Each day I would ride the school bus to and from school and was termed a latch-key child. My Sister usually rode a different bus due to her school activities and socializing and arrived home much later than me. She belongs to a group of girls on what I termed the Hot List. They are best-looking girls at school. This list is comprised of my sister Daisy, Cheyenne Thomas and Heidi Mallard. Both are the same age as Daisy, 13. Jasmyn Cooper, Mandy Katz, and Madison Williams are all my age, 12. All are thin with shoulder length or longer hair of various colors. They even looked incredible in their school uniforms.

Being born over a month pre-mature somewhat doomed me to be a runt. Runt of the litter of two, I guess. My testes still haven't descended and my doctor wasn't sure if they every would. I am now 5' 3" at the age of 12 and weigh a whopping 71.3 pounds soaking wet. Yep. A runt. Or to be politically correct: vertically challenged for a boy.

One Thursday afternoon after getting off the school bus I opened our front door and turned off the alarm. By habit, I headed to my room to take off my school uniform and put on some jeans and t-shirt to study and finish my homework for the next day which I do on the couch downstairs. As I walked past Daisy's room my mind went into curiosity and exploration mode. I searched her dresser drawers and pulled out the first pair of panties I found. I quickly undressed and put them on.

I observed and noted that they were a light blue color, very smooth and soft and feather light. I wasn't sure how to describe the feel of one of her bras and made a mental note to think about it especially after looking at a number and alphabetic character next to it on the tag. Was it part of an algebra equation? 32B equals what? Where is the x in the equation I am to solve for? Or maybe was it a special code or secret girl code? Next, from her closet I found a top and skirt. I pulled the top over my head and as I was zipping up the side of her skirt I heard someone behind me shriek. I looked up and saw the reflection of my sister, Daisy in her mirror.

"Daisy, you scared me." I yelped out?

"Oh my gosh, you scared me too!" She said panting. "Is, is that really you, Robert?" She said with hesitation and concern holding one hand up to her heart. "Oh my gosh, I actually thought there was another girl in my room putting on my clothes." After calming down some and catching her breath and taking a big swallow, she said.

"Now please explain to me why you are here in my room and what are you doing wearing my clothes? Wow, my hearts still beating a zillion times a minute."

"Can't you see I am exploring to find out what they feel like?" I saw nothing wrong with what I was doing but sensed she did.

After calming down some more, she said, "All I see is my younger brother wearing my clothes." Said Daisy with either a smirk or smile on her face and her arms now crossed in front of her. "Really, I couldn't really tell it was you." As she looked me over. "Do you like how they feel and fit? So, what have you explored and discovered?"

"I find everything much nicer and softer than the clothes I wear. I also like the colors in your wardrobe compared to most of my stiff and itchy dull clothes?" I summarized my discoveries in a logical manner as I could. I think my Sister saw I was really only exploring and not excited or perverted.

"Do you wish to explore some more, or are satisfied with your explorative discoveries for today?" Daisy asked.

Not really answering her question I continued with my observations. "Everything seems to have a nicer texture. They feel nice and smell nice, except for this bra thing has a kinda snug feeling."

"So, I take that is a yes? And that you want to try on more girl clothes?" Daisy said with a smile and a look of discernment on her face at the same time.

"Sure. If you don t mind, Sis."

Daisy went into her closet pulled out several items and held them up to me then returned them to her closet shaking her head. I wondered why not simply pull it out of the closet and put it on and be done with it? Finally, she pulls out a light-yellow sun dress with a multi-colored pastel flower pattern on the skirt. I took off the skirt and top and laid it on her four-posted canopy bed.

Daisy helped slide the sundress over my head. Next, she grabbed a pair of white low-cut socks from her dresser and stuffed one in each of my bra cups. She handed me some shoes but they were a bit too big. But wasn't concerned since I hadn't planned on walking anywhere. Then led me over to the other side of her room and sat me down at her vanity and did something to my long pageboy like haircut and applied light makeup and a light pinkish neutral colored lipstick. Finally, a necklace and bracelet.

"Well how do you look and feel, Robert?"

I looked in her full-length mirror. I still really like the feel of the clothes, and I really don t look like boy anymore at all. Does this make me a girl now? I was pleased with what I had discovered so far and said, " Thanks Sis. This was much more interesting than I thought it would be. " Neither one of us hear mom come in from work.

"Daisy, is this new friend? We both jumped and inhaled in unison. Where's your brother? He's always downstairs doing his homework this time of day." She looked at me again.

"Mother, this is .Emily," Daisy fumbled for words.

"Hello Emily, nice to meet you. You must be one of the new girlfriends from school Daisy has been talking about. I love your dress. "

I smiled and nodded. And said, "Nice to meet you too, Mrs. Fuller. "

Mom yells out for Robert a several more times. "I wonder where he is? This is not like him at all." Daisy slowly raises left her arm slowly like you see in a monster movie and points to me? Stunned for a few seconds. Mom blurts out. "Robert Herman Fuller II! Is that you? What are you doing in Daisy s clothes? I thought I recognized that dress."

"I was exploring how they felt and what they looked like. Sis was nice enough to help me."

Mom had me turn around and just looked me over for a few moments, "I had absolutely no idea that you weren t a girl, and if it wasn't for this sundress. . . " Mom stopped talking and continued to look me over. " Wow! I can t believe I didn't even recognize my own son. Amazing, after seven years as an emergency room trauma nurse I thought I've seen practically everything. You two come downstairs while I make dinner and tell me more and this exploring. "

I started to pull the sundress off over my head when mom said, "No. Stay dressed as you are. I think you look darling. What is your name again?"

Daisy said, "Emily. I just made it up." Mom didn t seem as upset now.

Mom looked at me and smiled as we walked downstairs. "Emily is really cute, isn't she, Daisy?"

AttachmentSize
Plain text icon 1. How It All Started.txt8.82 KB
up
174 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Simple edit

I've taken the text and done a quick edit to make it readable.

Dawn
BC editor

Commentator
Visit my Caption Blog: Dawn's Girly Site

Visit my Amazon Page: D R Jehs

Good job!

Donna T's picture

Good job!

Donna

formatting and grammar aside

Maddy Bell's picture

It's not bad for a first post, maybe a bit heavy on the background - a lot of that could be dropped in later as it becomes pertinent. As it is we pretty much know everything about our three characters after one paragraph!

As for the format/grammar stuff - well pick up a kids storybook, say Harry Potter and copy what the author has done.

Just some pointers, non speech paragraphs read best at 3 sentences long, speech should be indicated by double parenthesis - these things " and a new line for each speaker. If there are more than two speakers in a conversation you need to identify who is saying what, for two persons just identify one line and most readers will assume that alternative lines are between those talking alternately.

Do use the grammar/spellchecker in your WP programme. There are a lot of stories that are spoilt by the use of incorrect spelling's and even whole phrases where the writer is 'unaware' of the real meaning or words - popular pitfalls are the they're (contraction of they are), their (belonging to), there (location) sets for example.

Don't give up or be disheartened by the comments, use them to improve your writing skills. FWIW the premise of the story is fairly popular, you need something to make your version stand out. That said i'd like to see where you take this.

Mads


image7.1.jpg    

Madeline Anafrid Bell

Agreed

I know it's hard...but, your ideas deserve being read--and your readers deserve a format that's readable! :)

HUGS!
S

Good story.

I only read the story as it appears above. To me it is the start of an excellent series. I hope you will continue to create this effort of yours and be able to come to grips with the editing suggested by Maddy Bell, and the other talented contributors. Good work.

Robyn Adaire

Family cat

Jamie Lee's picture

Being curious can make for a much better student because their mind is always working and not just absorbing given information.

However, unless there is a realization that sometime being curious has consequences then pickles can be entered into without conscience thought.

Robert's current exploration into Daisy's clothing is one of those times where it's quite possible to be in a pickle if caught by sister and/or mom. But instead of either one taking the first rocket to the moon, Daisy helps with clothing and makeup and mom wants more information.

Without realizing it, Robert might just have stepped into the Twilight Zone. A Zone he is about to become more intimate with then he thought possible.

Do hope chapter 2 is in the works because this has the earmarks of a very nice story.

Others have feelings too.

Looking good

Alice-s's picture

Want more :-)

this is really cute

I would love to have more.

I like the characters.