Daily life of a 'Trap' 3

Printer-friendly version

“Luke, I know it’s a bit hard for you considering that you’re leaving all your friends behind and transferring in the middle of the year. But, I will make it my duty to ensure that you have a clean transfer.” Says the middle age balding man sitting opposite of me in his big mahogany desk.

“Thank you, Mr. Spinor, I leave it to you.” I get up and shake his weak right hand and walk off.

I’ve transferred to Creek high school because of Dad’s job offer in the city with my little sister. We had no choice really, it was either stay poor and starve to death or make money and leave everything we know.

None of us have been right since mom died. I’m fine for the most part, but Amanda. Amanda turned mute.

She was there when Mom was murdered in a carjacking and kidnapping. We don’t know what happened to her during captivity, but it was nothing good. To make matters worse, the culprit got away with it, scot-free when there was substantial evidence. It was pretty clear that the perp and the judge were buddies and let him go with a slap on the hand.

“There is no justice in the world.” I muse to myself as I walk down the hall. I see this beautiful girl with well styled, semi-short brunette hair walking to her locker and get things out of it.

She’s the most beautiful thing I’ve seen all day even if she has a baggy hoodie sweater and cargo pants. Without thinking, I take a piece of paper out of my binder and write a note to ask her to meet me after school at the football stadium.

I carefully put the note in her locker and go to my sixth-period class. I decided to go to school the rest of the day despite only coming after lunch.

I try and keep my focus in school, but I can’t, that girl was just on my mind. I couldn’t really get a good look at her face, but from what I could see from afar. It was gorgeous, like something you would see out of some magazine.

“I hope she comes.” I muse quietly, but not quietly enough.

“Mr. Wagner, do you have anything to add to the lesson.” My history teacher barks and I snap out of my trance.

“N-no sir!”

“Good, now back to the lesson…”

After the slow day at school, I immediately walk to the football stadium. I stand there for what seems like hours, but only a couple of minute.

Then the beautiful petite girl walks and halts fifteen feet in front of me. I can see her apple-shaped face, high cheekbones, and beautifully bright green eyes. They look more like CGI effects rather than actual eyes. I can feel myself blush just from gazing at her.

“So, what do you want?” She says in this melodic dulcet voice that just made you melt.

“Please go out with me!” I blurt blushing from head to toe.

She blinks twice and gives a “Wha?”

She gives me this befuddled expression as if she is thinking about something.

I don’t know what to do in the silence so I rant, “I’ve liked you ever since I saw you by the cherry blossom tree.” I don’t know what I’m saying. Is there even a cherry blossom tree at the school? “I thought you were the most beautiful gir-”

“I’m a boy.”

I blink twice. There is no way that this is a boy… but from the sincere expression on her face she cannot be lying, can he? I mean someone as beautiful as her, a boy? It’s almost like in anime when an adorable girl is actually a boy. This isn’t an anime, is it?

Then all I can think of is, “YOU’RE A TRAP!?”

He yells back, “WEEB!”

I blush. Hey, I can’t help it. Amanda loves anime despite being completely mute. The joy on her face is enough to keep me interested in it. Okay, maybe I did fall in love with it but COME ON. It’s really good and cute. As they sometimes say in anime, ‘Cuteness is justice’. Then I look down in apology, “I’m sorry for mistaking you for a girl.”

“That’s alri-”

“Will you still go out with me?” I don’t mind being with a boy if he’s this adorable and beautiful.

“HELL NO!” He sprints off.

Well, that was interesting. Am I sure I’m not in an anime or something? I pinch myself to make sure.

When I got home, Amanda was already there.

“How was school, sis?”

She said nothing but stares at the television. Then she holds up her hand in an “Okay” gesture. I chuckle a little at her expression.

The next day, I meet my first-period teacher. She was kind, but strict telling me about the class and what she expected of me.

I walk in and she announces, “Hello class, today we’re getting a new student.” She turns to the student. “Please introduce yourself.”

My heart pounds faster as I speak, “My name is Luke Wagner. Please to meet you.”

“Alright Luke, you can sit in front of Tracy.” She gestures to a girl sitting in the seat in the back by the window. That’s very anime. Before I could see her face, she throws up her hood.

I sit in the seat right in front of her.

I try small talk, “Um hello,” I say nervously. “You must be Tracy. I’m-”

She turns and quips, “I already know who you are.”

I could see her face. She had beautiful bright green eyes, brunette hair, and an apple-shaped face.

I stand up and announce, “You’re that trap from yesterday!” in recognition.

He stands up too and retorts, “Fucking weeb!”

The teacher yells at both of us, “Luke, Tracy, outside, NOW!”

up
194 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Question?

Is chapter 3 simply an addition of chapter 2 to the end of chapter 1? Am I missing something somewhere?

It's a replay of chapters 1

It's a replay of chapters 1 and 2 in Luke's point of view