The Adventure Begins Chapter 10

Printer-friendly version

Cassandra, Kadyn and Vince sat around in the living room after they made Angela go to bed. Cassandra had tucked her in and Kadyn used a little of her magic to put Angela into a deep sleep. Kadyn couldn’t believe the vampires had turned a lunatic loose.

“We need to contact the council and informed them about this. The vampires have broken the law.” Cassandra look towards her husband to see if he agrees.

“The problem is, which vampire is doing this? The person that has been coming after Angela isn’t who they appeared to be. The Hunter has had his soul put into another body.” Kadyn had seen his soul.

“Whose body was he placed in?” Cassandra looks towards Kadyn for an answer.

“That I don’t know, but I think I know someone who does. While I’m gone to speak with this person. Why don’t you call the council and inform them about what is going on?” Kadyn figures she’ll have to go and see Cain over at the Montana pack for answers.

“How do you think you’ll be gone, Kadyn?” Cassandra knew Angela would want to know where Kadyn went.

“Not long, I can travel instantly through fire.” Kadyn walks over to the fireplace.

“Here, let me make sure the flue is opened in the chimney.” Vince goes over and checks the flue. The last thing he needed was smoke to fill the house.

He reaches his hand up in the chimney and discovered the flue was closed. He opens it and steps away from the fireplace. He looks over towards Kadyn.

“It’s all yours.” He steps aside as Kadyn walks up to the fireplace.

Kadyn changes forms from her pixie cat form to her Lioness form and blows a flame into the fireplace. She causes the flames to burn brighter as she jumps into the flames themselves and disappears.

Montana Pride Mansion:
Cain and the group were down in the living room with the fireplace blazing away. A huge snow storm had blown in a couple of days after Amy’s berserk rage. Lady April was in her tigress form and Arya and Amy were curled up next to their mother. All three of them were lying in front of the fireplace on a Persian rug.

Lady Joyce was knitting a sweater for Arya and Cain was reading a book. Troy was playing chess with Jamal, and Jamal was losing to him. As they were all lying there, the fire in the fireplace start sparking and getting brighter. The flames become extremely bright as a large figure appears out of the fire.

Amy had jumped to her feet when she spotted the figure and was ready to defend her mother and sister.

“Stand down Amy.” Cain recognized the figure. He hasn’t seen a fire cat in a long time. The last time he did, he was in Europe.

Kadyn had noticed a teenage girl with pure white hair jump up off the floor. She put herself between the tigress and a small girl. Kadyn could tell this girl was well trained and then she heard Cain voice telling the teenage girl to stand down.

Kadyn watches as the teenage girl stays close to the tigress and the other little girl curled up next to the tigress.

“I’m not here to fight anyone. I came to talk with Cain.” Kadyn looks at the teenage girl to see if she would relax.

“You have to excuse Amy, Kadyn. She’s just being protective of her mother and little sister.” Cain looks at Amy and could tell she was relax a little bit.

“Amy, you can trust Kadyn. She’s a legendary fire cat and normally they are assigned as familiars to special people.” Cain looks towards Kadyn to make sure he got what she did right.

“It’s alright. I can feel that she is still dealing with anger issues. Here, let me help with that.” Kadyn tries to use some of her magic on Amy, but it gets thrown back at her.

Kadyn looks at the one Cain called Amy “what are you?”

“She’s complicated.” Cain, responded for Amy.

Kadyn tries to get a feel of Amy, but it was like she was being blocked. None of her abilities were penetrating Amy’s defenses.

“What brings you here, Kadyn.” Cain watches as Amy sits down next to her mother and sister.

“I have a problem with the child I have been sent to protect. The Hunter is back, but his soul has been put in a different body. I was wondering
if you might know who this person uses to be.” Kadyn makes an image appear of the person she had encounter.

Amy heard that the Hunter had survived their encounter and that his soul had been placed in another body. When she sees the image of the leader of her old group. She wanted to scream. She stands up and walks over to Cain.

“He was dead. I swear.” She was looking towards her mother and Cain.
Lady April saw who it was and growled at the image. She could feel Amy’s anger and surprised as well.

Cain lets out a low growl “I know who he is. He used to be part of a special group formed by HSL to kill us. Amy made sure he was dead before she came to us.”

Kadyn looks towards Amy “you know who this is?”

Amy signs yes.

Kadyn looks at Amy as she signs. She gently knocks on Amy’s mental shield. She feels the shield open for her.

“I can speak mentally to you, if that is better?” Kadyn liked speaking mentally over vocally.

“Yes, it is. Also, yes, I know the body of the person The Hunter now occupies. He used to be the leader of the group that the HSL put together to fight the supernatural.” Amy knew and hated him.
“Well, his body has been taken over by The Hunter and he is acting irrational. He isn’t keeping his actions concealed from the normals and is drawing attention to himself and us.”

“Have you informed the council yet?” Cain knew, Mistress Rena had to be informed about any vampire not going by the rules. She would send her enforcer Riker to handle the problem.

“Yes, my charge guardian is doing that as we speak.”

Cassandra’s House:
Cassandra had looked up the council contact for the vampires and call them.

“Hello, Mistress Rena’s residents. How can I help you?” Barnie had heard the phone ring and answered it.

“Hi, my name is Cassandra Powell, High Priestess of the Coven of the Oak Spirit. I need to talk with Mistress Rena about one of her vampires exposing all of us.”

Barnie already knew who High Priestess Powell was talking about.

“We are already aware of the problem and our agents are already handling the problem.”

“Well, your agents need to speed up their investigation, because your vampire fired upon innocents inside a mall today.” Cassandra wonders if that would get their attention.

“I’ll pass that information along to our agents. High Priestess.”

The phone goes dead after that.

Cassandra hangs up and wonders how they were going to handle it.

Riker’s group:
Crimson was holding on tight as she rode with Jacalyn. Tonight, they were hunting down The Hunter. Riker heard what happened earlier today up at the mall. Riker wanted to capture The Hunter before he could expose them any further. So, far the damage that had been done could be sweep under the rug.

Crimson has gotten use to hanging with vampires now. They didn’t scare her like they use too. She was having fun now being a Barbie doll.
She learned she could change her shape and features to look like any of the different Barbie dolls she has seen.

They pull up to a warehouse. Jacklyn and the other fellow Crimson forgot the name of, stop in front of an abandon warehouse.

“Jacklyn, it might be best if I go in first.” Crimson looks up at Jacklyn.

Jacklyn picks Crimson up and carry her up to a broken window.

“Riker, Crimson wants to go first. I think it is a good idea.” Jacklyn was getting a bad feeling as they got closer to the building.

Crimson enters through a broken window and glides down on to the floor. She had brought a rope with her. Crimson walks over towards the door and could tell it was rigged with explosives. She pulls her fake cellphone out and makes it real. She dials Riker’s number.

“The doors are rigged Riker. He has some sort of trigger device on them and around some of the windows as well.” Crimson had her flashlight out and was looking around at all possible entrances.

“How about the roof? Is there a skylight or anything?” Riker figures they might be able to come in from the roof.

Crimson shines her flashlight up to examine the roof.

“Negative, the roof is a no go. Let me see if my abilities can do something about the explosive devices.” Crimson walks over to one and touches it. She uses her abilities to turn the device to plastic.

“Okay, I have turn it to plastic. Try it now Riker.” Crimson stands somewhere safe to watch.

Jacob walks up to the door and gives it a good shove and it opens without exploding. Jacob walks in first, followed by Jacklyn and then Riker. All three of them stop as they feel something that wasn’t right. Out of nowhere, the Hunter drops down form where he had been hiding and starts attacking the group.

Crimson couldn’t believe she didn’t spot him. She watches as all four of them get in a sword fight. She could barely keep track of them as they moved around the empty warehouse. She feels something wet hit her face. She touches whatever it was and look at her hand. It was covered in blood.

Several gun shots go off and the sound of two bodies hit the ground. Crimson runs towards some cover to see who the bodies were. She spots Jacob and Jacklyn down. They had bullet wounds and little wisp of smoke were coming from their wounds. She walks over to look at the wounds, while she heard sword fighting still going on. She glances towards the fighters and saw Riker barely able to hold his own against the
Hunter. His left arm was hanging limply by his side and blood was dripping down his chest.

Just as The Hunter was about to strike Riker one last fatal blow. Flames appear behind The Hunter and a white hair girl jumps from the flames dress in a skintight black suit. She strikes fast and hard and hit a cluster of nerves in the shoulder of The Hunters body.

The Hunter had felt the heat from the flames, but he wasn’t going to stop him from killing Riker. All the information this body had on vampires and his own knowledge had given him the upper hand. Just as his was about to strike the final blow, he felt his arm go numb and let go of the sword he was wielding. He turns around and sees Agent 345 and the fire cat he had battled the other day.

He snarls at agent 345 and pulls his gun with his good hand and fires at her.

Amy blocks the bullet coming towards her with her Sai’s. She starts striking at him with her Sai’s. She knew the fighting style Hunter used and what her former leader used as well.

The Hunter backs away from Agent 345’s attacks. His right arm was unusable because of the nerve strike from agent 345. He hated that freak and what she did to him on the island.

Amy charges towards The Hunter trying to strike him with her Sai’s. She manages to cut his left arm as he used it to block her attacks. She was maneuvering him towards Kadyn.

The Hunter saw what agent 345 and the fire cat was trying to do. He tosses down a flash grenade and sprints out of the warehouse. The motorcycle he stole was nearby. As he runs past Riker’s and his team motorcycles, he blows them up with a grenade.

As he is running away he feels several sharp items hit him in his back. He glances back behind him and notices agent 345 chasing after him. He knew he was going to outrun her. She was faster then his current body. Also, he knew she could track him down. He tosses several grenades back behind him as she catches up.

Amy saw The Hunter toss grenades towards her. She uses her newly discovered abilities to fling them aside. She made mistake once of assuming The Hunter was dead. She wasn’t going to make the same mistake again. She flings one of her Sai’s towards his leg and use her ability to cause it to go straight into his leg.

The Hunter falls face first on to the ground as agent 345 pounces onto him. She slams her remaining Sai through his chest and into his heart. She pulls the one that went through his leg out and slam that one into his throat.

The Hunter looked up into the face of agent 345. For the first time in his life since he has known her, he sees anger in her eyes. It would be the last thing he ever sees as she takes his head off.

“Allow me.” Kadyn walks over to his body and flare up as she uses hellfire to burn the body.

Amy heads inside to see how bad the vampires were. She walks over to Riker first to see to him.

“Take care of my people first, I’ll live.” Riker could sense this girl was special.

Amy walks over to Jacklyn and notices she had been shot by wooden bullets filled with holy water. She takes a throwing knife out and pry the wooden bullet out of Jacklyn’s chest. Amy glances at the Dominatrix Barbie doll standing nearby and watching her.

Crimson had watched the white hair girl help Jacklyn and now she was helping Jacob. She saw the girl pulling a wooden bullet out of Jacob. She notices a small hole in the middle of the bullet.

Amy looks at the small Barbie doll and wonder who she was and if she was real.

Kadyn comes walking inside and looks at the three vampires and the Barbie doll. She walks over to the Barbie doll.

“Who put your soul in this form?” Kadyn could see that the Barbie doll had a human soul.

“I drifted to this body. However, the same mage that made The Hunter pulled my soul from my old body.” Crimson couldn’t believe she had a cat that was on fire standing before her, but not feeling any heat from her.

Amy does what she can for the two vampires. They were going to need blood to heal. She glances towards their leader and he was going to need blood as well. She pulls her cellphone out and text Cain.

“Uncle, send help. The vampires need blood to heal.”

Cain’s cellphone:
Cain hears his cellphone beep. He looks at the message.

“Uncle, send help. The vampires need blood to heal.”
A.

He sends back to Amy.
“Pick-up in ten minutes.”
Cain contacts the council, so they can send someone to help out.

Warehouse:
Amy tugs on Riker’s sleeve and puts her finger up twice to tell him.

“You can’t talk?”

Amy shakes her head no.

“She’s mute Riker.” Kadyn had turned her attention from crimson to him.

Kadyn looks at Amy for a second “she says help will be here in ten minutes.”

Amy helps Riker over towards his people. She pulls the two vampires over towards him.

“Is he dead now, once and for all?” Amy looks towards Kadyn.

“He is nothing, but ash now.” Kadyn made sure of that.

“Thank you.”

“Your welcome. You can come back with me to my wards house. I’m going to need to rest, before I take you back home.” Kadyn was already feeling the effects of all the jumping she’s been doing and using hellfire to turn The Hunter’s body to ashes.

“Thank you.” Amy sends her mother and Cain that she’ll be spending the night.

The recovery team shows up and hooks bags of blood to Riker and his people. They clean -up the mess The Hunter made during the fight. Crimson rides with Riker and Jacklyn.

Kadyn takes Amy with her back to Cassandra’s and Vince’s place.

They let Amy sleep in the spare bedroom. Kadyn informs them that The Hunter won’t be a problem any more, but they still have to deal with the Viscount and his mage.

up
209 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

It's good the h unter

Samantha Heart's picture

Dead thanks to Amy and Kadyn. But the Viscount and his Mage are still a problem, not to mention Cinnamon. Her powers to turn things real or plastic came in handy today. Still that leaves her as a Barbie Doll what can be done to help her?

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Dominatrix Barbie

WillowD's picture

Some of my friend have had fun modifying their teddy bears and their Barbie dolls to be submissives and dominants. I have seen Dominatrix Barbie so many times over the years.

And I am so giggling right now over the image. I look forward to the next chapter.

Interconnected

Love these series that bring up and continue stories!!

alissa

Break the rules, pay the price

Jamie Lee's picture

The Viscount made a big mistake installing Hunter's soul into a new body that was rigged with that serum and Ruby.

Greed and ego were the driving force behind his not caring about rules. As a result the counsel is now appraised of his activities and his breaking the rules. It isn't going to end well for him.

The Viscount wanted Angela alive so he could break her and use her powers. What the Viscount didn't count on was Hunter going rogue, wanting to kill Angela and Amy, and anyone else just for kicks.

But all good plans get bit in the butt when every contingency isn't considered. Viscount didn't count on the counsel getting involved, as well as Amy and Kaydn. And once Hunter was finally taken down he lost his head and that body was purified with fire.

The Viscount is in big doo doo and is out on a rather skinny limb. Hope someone has a proper saw to take the tree out from under Viscount.

Others have feelings too.