From The Past To The Future Part 2

Printer-friendly version

Lupita watches as the snowflakes fall and cover the ground. She was watching the flakes fall from the doorway of a shelter she had found. It wasn’t much, but it would allow her to get out of the weather. It was an old guard shelter that was no longer used. It had a small stables attaché to it for horses and there was still some hay in it that was good. The shelter wasn’t very big, but had enough room to hold four people. It had a hand pump for water and a wood stove for cooking. The fire place was big enough to warm the shelter. Lupita closes the shelter door and build the fire up in the fire place. She had already taken care of her horse and brought her gear inside the shelter.

The stew she was cooking was coming along fine. She still had no idea what she wanted to do or where she wanted to go. She had a feeling that it was going to snow heavy today and for several days afterwards. She knew she had enough supplies to last her for a while. If it lasted more than two weeks she’ll have to go out and hunt for food to live on.

Lupita had to leave the safety of the Inn, because bounty hunters had come looking for any strangers that might have arrived during the time her uncle had been killed. They had a rough description of her, but nothing that could point them directly at her.

She had planned on this happening, so she had stocked up on her supplies, just in case she needed to leave in a hurry. It had been freezing out when she left the inn in the middle of the night. Her horse didn’t want to leave the warmth of the stables it had been in for the past week and a half. She had traveled all night long and part way into the afternoon, when she came upon this shelter. She had gotten off the road she had been following and went into the woods to find a nice place to set-up camp. She went deep into the woods and found the shelter.

She had been lucky to find the shelter. She takes a small spoonful taste of the stew to see how done it was and to see if she needed to add more spices to it. The stew tasted fine to her. Lupita scoops herself up a nice helping and covered the rest and move it from directly off the flame to the side to keep warm. As she sits near the fireplace, where her bedroll laid out, she wonders in which direction she should go next. She wasn’t too far away from a cross roads.

Lupita listens to the wind howl away outside the shelter door. As she is listening to the wind, she thinks she hears a cry for help. Lupita grabs her gloves and hooded cloak and head out into the snow storm to search for the sound. The wind and snow were blinding her as she tried to follow the cries. She spots a small figure wearing a snow leopard cloak on the ground with blood pooling under them. Lupita heads over to the body as the winds became stronger. Lighting starts flashing overhead of her location. She has never felt or seen a storm like this before.

Lupita bends down to pick the girl and just as her hands touch the girl’s body, something weird takes place between them. She feels a strange energy engulf her and the girl at the same time. The energy felt weird as it surrounds Lupita and the girl. It travels through her and the girl at the same time and it made Lupita feel like she was on fire as everything each of them experience was being pulled together into one body and soul. Everything the girl knew, she knew now and vice-versus-so. It was like the two of them have become one person and the wound the girl had, appears on her body as well.

The world gets turned upside down for Lupita as she falls to the ground. Everything around her spins at an extremely fast speed. Just as the world stops spinning she passes out.

Black Wolf had been listening to the winds of this unusual snow storm. He couldn’t believe how strong the winds were or how much snow was coming down outside. An explosion occurs nearby as he feels an unusual energy pass through his home. It shakes the building itself and everything inside. He listens as the winds outside die down, as everything goes silent.

Modern Day, Pine Ridge Indian Reservation around 1:00pm.:
Black Wolf had never seen a snow storm that was brewing just outside his home before. The winter storm had appeared from nowhere. The winds had shaken his home and bright flashes of lighting had danced around outside his door. He felt the air inside his home being sucked out through the cracks. He heard a high pitch scream that came from just outside his home.

He looks out a nearby window near the door to his place and notices a small form lying out in the snow about thirty feet from his front door. He puts his worn looking heavy blue jean jacket, and his cowboy hat on. He heads outside and over towards the body lying face first in the snow. He couldn’t believe that the wind had stopped blowing. It had been howling and raging just a few minutes ago, but now everything was still. He kneels next to the form and could tell right away that it wasn’t from here. He could see she had pointed ears and black straight hair peeking out from under the hood of the cloak covering the persons body.

“What do we have here?” Black Wolf slowly and carefully turns the form over so that they were lying on the cloak on the snow.

“By the spirits, what are you?” He notices the gush across the girl’s abdomen. He notices that she was wearing a leather pouch, bracers and a leather belt with a dagger in a leather sheath. There was a rope wrapped around her waist. She also had a pair of fingerless gloves on. He notices her cloak was made of leopard skins sewed together. Her feet were covered in rabbit skin shoes and she was wearing a short animal tanned skin dress and leather leggings.

He gently lifts her up off the ground. He supports her light petite body as he heads inside his home. He lays her down on his sofa and start tending to her wound. He carefully removes her clothes and all the weapons he found on her. Along with a kit that looked like it was to be used to pick locks. Black Wolf bandages her wound up. The cut on her abdomen looked like it had been made by some sort of blade weapon. When he is finish, he tucks her under a heavy blanket and makes her comfortable. As he sits and watches her, Black Wolf examines her clothes and other items. The craftsmanship of the items was very nice and unique. He knew this type of craftsmanship was rare nowadays. Only a few people he knew did this type of work. He pulls her dagger out and examines it. It was well crafted and balanced. The handle of it had and a nice tight leather weaved design for a better grip.

“Where did you come from my little snow bird?” He reaches over to check her temperature with the back of his hand. She was warming up slowly, but her skin still felt clammy to him. He wonders where she came from and how she got here.

Black Wolf gets up and walks over to boil some tea to drink. He knew she would feel better when she woke-up if she had something hot inside her stomach. All the items of hers, that he had examine were made like the way his people used to do things in the past. There were no modern items among her gear and clothes. Even the items that looked like lock picks had been hand crafted. They weren’t machine made.
He just looks at her and wonder why the spirits had placed her at his door. Where did she come from and how did she get here? He has never seen anyone like her before, except only in paintings and fantasy books. He didn’t think creatures like her even existed.

up
202 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

"Such a burden" to have to

"Such a burden" to have to keep up with reading all the wonderful current and new stories that LadyDragon 623 keeps sending our way. Gotta love her for doing so. :-) And I DO THANK her for all of them, definitely makes my days.

Me Too

Christina H's picture

I agree with Janice Lynn your output is phenomenal and so far I haven't found a story I didn't like they are all so
readable, complex in places yes but this makes the reader concentrate on the story.
With this new offering I simply can't figure where it's going - mind you with your stories that is not unusual as they
have more twists and turns than a corkscrew.
Thank you for all your hard work.

Thank you both

I always love reading your comments about the story and plot lines. This story line I am combining two separate single stories into one story.

garfieldwritingsf.jpg
If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison

Why and why?

Jamie Lee's picture

One minute she's having stew, the next she's helping an injured person, the next a person appears practically on Black Wolf's door step during a snow storm like he'd never seen before. And then the storm stops(?).

Was the storm some type of portal which opened to deposit the injured person near Black Wolf's home? And why Black Wolf? Was he someone needed for something yet unexplained?

Others have feelings too.