"Blink"

Printer-friendly version

“Blink”
By
Sarang

It's 2040 and society changed, in ways we never imagined. This isn't your Philip K. Dick or Orwell's Science Fiction story. Sure you may
see some similarities but we finally found a secure path, one completely unexpected by me and the world.
My name is...well, it's not what it used to be for a blink of a millisecond. In a world where the NSA seems to snoop on all sorts of electronic communication, hiding behind the argument “Metadata is completely unidentifiable” while NASA or Homeland Security can already plant mini-camera's in fruit flies or a another fly species...they place it in the larva. So with this kind of invasive spying, how can we secure our privacy...I was about to find out.
Out of nowhere he came and delivered me a message, most was cohesive but then he prattled off some nonsense then I noticed the way he was behaving....I figured he was mentally ill but I couldn't quite hash what it was yet. I was so distracted that it took me a second later to notice I was wearing the same set of clothes but I registered a weight on my chest.
Now I figured I was a woman but before I had barely registered it when I felt my body return to being a man.
I did remember one thing he called it...”The Invisible Man's Telegrams”.

This will be part of a larger story and tangential to another Uni that I feel compelled to write.

Anyway this drabble/story is copyright of Sarang, November 21, 2017. Anyone who wishes to post, publish or reprint my story anywhere else must ask for permission from me.

up
39 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Neat Idea

Please bring it on. The Idea is very new and I can see it becoming quite good.

Nice one.

Chuckle.