Dakota and the undead: Prologue

Printer-friendly version

Love comes in all shapes and sizes. True love is random and mysterious. Love to me revolves around my three siblings, two sisters and one baby brother, and a dainty boy named Dakota.

When I first met Dakota, I swear I thought he was a girl even now I could still swear it if I didn’t know better. He was surrounded by five punk-ass boys on the first day of high school. I quickly ran to the ‘girl’ about to be assaulted or worse by five punks. Even though I knew I would get my ass beat if I got into a fight with them, my instincts took over telling me that I should help the dainty ‘girl’. Almost in the blink of an eye, I saw all five boys knocked out without a scratch on the ‘girl’ or the boys. I just stood there in shock of what I just saw. I shook my head and ran over to the ‘girl’ quickly picking her up and running off with her. Alright, I know what I looked like right then. All I could do is run until I couldn’t run anymore. By then I put her down.

Trying to catch my breath, I asked, “Miss, are you alright?”

In an adorably bubbly tone, “No worries, I just fine.”

“Oh, thank god, what happened?”

“Oh, we had a disagreement. I wanted to get to school and they wanted to play with me. I told them I was going to be late, but they didn’t listen to me. All they did is block me.” Casually, as if it was no big deal. If it was me. I would’ve been freaking out. After I caught my breath, I looked at the ‘girl’ and noticed how adorable she is. She looked like a child of ten or so (He still does). There was something that stirred inside me. I wanted to protect this kid, and no one was going to stop me.

“What school do you go to, little miss?”

“I’m not little,” She pouted. She then crossed her arms and gave a smug smile as she said, “I’m fifteen years old as of two weeks ago.”

All I could think of at that moment is ~She’s older than me?~ I coughed and asked, “What school do you go to, miss?”

She gave an enthusiastic, “I’m going to Eldritch high!”

“What? ME TOO!” I was really excited to see someone going to a similar school especially someone as cute as this ‘girl’.

“This is a funny coincided.” She beamed, “What’s your name, we should meet up and compare schedules.” In our school, we don’t get our schedules until the first day of high school.

“I’m Roland Hunter.”

“I’m Dakota Pierce. I have to go, I'm planning to sign up for cheerleading and the signups are today” She said as she walked away.

“Alright see you then. I need to make a few errands myself.” Before I had this mini-adventure with Dakota. I was getting some diapers for my twin sisters.

Dakota turned and said, “Oh, by the way, Roland, I’m a boy. See ya!” Before I could respond she was gone. At that moment, I thought Dakota was joking. It wasn’t until later, where I accidentally peeked in on him undressing when I confirmed it was true.

I knew from that day on, my school life would be interesting.

up
122 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Great story about first

Great story about first impressions and how they can be totally wrong.
I do believe as Roland said at the end, he is indeed going to have a very different school life because of his new found friend.
The boy's name being Dakota truly caught my eye; because I have a grandson named Dakota, and when he was 5-6 years old, was so happy to discover that "they had named two States after him". :-) Took us awhile to convince him otherwise.
He has just gone into the Navy this past Oct 24, 2017, with his chosen career field being Nuclear Engineer.