Aftermath

Printer-friendly version

Aftermath
By Ellie Dauber © 2015

This story is based on a Lorna Samuels caption. Thanks, Lorna, for this one and for all your great work. This story first appeared (and can still be found) in the “Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes Mixed Tape.” I’m posting it separately, with Jenny North’s permission. There was no mention of the story in any of the reviews of that Mixed Tape, and I’d like to see what people thought of it. I thank Jenny for the opportunity to be part of her Mixed Tape and for her encouragement in letting me post it separately.

, * * * * *

Madam Souzcha gave Dennis a potion to help fool his buddy, Jim's, parents into thinking that Jim had a serious girl friend. But now that Jim's parents have left, she doesn't seem to be in any hurry to change Denise back.

* * * * *

Jim Thompkins sighed, as he turned the key to his apartment. ‘It would’ve been great,’ he thought, ‘but hardly fair.’ Then, as he came through the door, he saw Denise – Denise! – sitting on the couch, as if waiting for him.

“What… What the hell are you doing here?” He asked in surprise.

She looked up at the sound of his voice. “I live here, remember?”

“Yeah, but why… I mean… my folks left hours ago. Their plane’s somewhere over Kansas by now. You don’t have to be a girl for their sake, anymore.”

“It’s not for their sake, you bastard, it’s for yours.”

“Mine? What are you talking about? Didn’t Madame Souzcha --”

“No, Madame Souzcha didn’t.” She stood up and posed, gesturing with her right arm. “See!”

He took time to look and to enjoy looking. Denise was five foot seven of feminine curves, proudly displayed in a white summer dress spotted with big blue flowers. The dress was short enough to show plenty of leg, given delicious curve by the two-inch white heels she wore. It hugged her wide hips and narrow waist, and its low-cut sweetheart neckline showed the curve of her pert, pouty breasts. Above was a face framed by long, goleden blonde hair, with the full, kissable lips and deep, green eyes. “I see.” He tried hard not to smile, tried to look concerned. “What happened, and why is it my fault?”

“I headed to Souzcha’s place as soon as your folks’ plane took off. I told her they’d left, and that it was time for the elixir to turn me back into a man.”

“And…”

“And she said, ‘Venn you ask for stuff to turn you into girl to meet your friend’s family...” Denise was doing a not too bad imitation of the old woman’s Eastern European accent. “…Madame Souzcha look into crystal ball. You be happier as pretty girl. Your friend fall in love with you. He marry you, and you make sveet babies. Is good life, so I make strong potion – you never can change back.”

“That’s crazy.”

“I know – you think I don’t know. I argued with her for over an hour. She said she was doing me – doing us both a big favor, and she’d never turn me back. She said…” Denise’s voice broke. “She said you were already in love with me.” She suddenly glared at him. “Are you… in love with me?”

"I… I don’t know. You’re a beautiful, very sexy woman. But you’re really Dennis Stahler, my best friend. Only… only Denny’s a guy. We’ve played on the same league basketball team, gone rock climbing… chased and bedded women together. I’m straight – we’re both straight; how can I be in love with you?”

She took a step towards him. “Prove it, then. Kiss me.”

“Are you crazy, Denny? I can’t kiss you.”

“Sure you can. You kissed me often enough when your folks were watching.”

“That was for them… pretending, and I don’t think either of us really liked it.” He had liked it -- a little – but he was hardly going to admit that he had.

“Then we won’t like it now. And we can go tell that crazy old bat that we didn’t like it, and she has to change me back.”

“Okay,” he said, feeling uncertain and not a little embarrassed. “How do we do it?”

“Hell, Jim, just do it!” She posed in place; her arms braced stiff against her sides, her lips in an exaggerated pucker.

He leaned forward, and his lips barely brushed against hers. “How was that?”

“Lousy. Hell, if you kissed real girls like that, you’d still be a virgin.

The insult stung. “Oh, yeah.” He grabbed her by the waist and pulled her to him. Before she could protest, he took her head in his hands and kissed her fiercely.

“O-oh,” was all she could say as their lips met. A delicious warmth seemed to flow into her, flow through her. She was lit up from within. She knew, instinctively, that Jim was the source of these exquisite feelings, and she pressed up close to him, wanting more… please! more.

“That wasn’t so bad, was it?” he asked when they broke the kiss. She blushed and shook her head, a shy smile curving those oh, so inviting lips.

“And this one will be even better.” He kissed her again.

The feelings came back. Stronger. Her breasts tingled, her nipples grew stiff, begging to be touched. And the feelings in her… her pussy were just as… intense.

Their arms moved, their hands exploring the contours of each other’s bodies. And they both knew, in that instant, that they didn’t want to be feeling this, to be touching the other’s clothing. They wanted to know what it was like for their naked bodies to be moving against each other, for him to be plunging into her.

Without another word, they ended the kiss and, holding hands, hurried to his bed.

* * * * *

The morning sunlight breaking through a set of shuttered blinds woke Jim up. He was in bed, nude, his happily also nude fiancé, Denise, sleeping next to him, her head resting on his chest. The “fiancé” part had happened after their second bout of lovemaking, and her gleeful “Yes!” had led to their third. He shifted, kissing her forehead in fond memory.

“Mmm, good morning,” she said, waking up. She looked up at him, and then down to their naked bodies. “I guess we won’t be going to Madame Souzcha’s after all. She gave him a happy, sated smile.

He smiled back and began to play with her left nipple. “Sure we will – but later – I want -- I think that we both want -- to thank her.”

up
203 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Stories this short don't have feelings

BarbieLee's picture

Miss Dauber, these short stories don't illecite any emotional responses as far as this reader is concerned. Although good writing style, the reader is never connected to the characters. Unless one is writing quick funnies or gotchus in the style of Bru or others of his-her ilk, the story nothing more than a headline. Boy meets girl, boy takes girl to bed or close facsimile there of.

Or, "The TV said there was another rape and murder over on Sam Rankin Street last night." Jim spooned some more potatoes onto his plate. "Honey pass the gravy. Did you say your mother was coming to visit next week? Did Howard remove all his drums out of the spare bedroom? I'm going to buy one of those portable buildings and put it out in the back yard. I've had all of the racket from those drums I can stand. Pass the corn."

It isn't murder isn't a terrible thing but we have become immune to feeling anything when it is mentions as it blasts into our lives daily from the TV or net. This particular murder never connected emotionally with this man or this family because it didn't have any relation to anything in their own life. The gravy got as much or more attention as he wanted some.

Stories whether real or fiction need to connect with the listener or the reader. To do that they must dig into our imagination, our emotions, or something we can relate to. Very few related to your story. Thus no response besides push the nudoes button which takes no effort.

I wish you well and I pray you find happiness as everything else will find its own place and purpose then.
always,
Barb

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl

I disagree,

Sara Hawke's picture

Sure it is short and a prelude or Epilogue to a longer story, but it was enough to make me smile. Sometimes you just have to engage the imagination to fill in all the blanks. Though i do ask for the actual story that lead to this to be written.

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Contemplation, yet duty
Death, yet the Force.
Light with dark, I remain Balanced.

I knew that I've read the

I knew that I've read the prologue to this story. When read back to back, it's a great continuance and ending to the first.
Patti