Do You Believe In Magic? Chapter 19

Printer-friendly version

Yasmine had woken up early and gotten dress. She goes down to the pasture where Arion was grazing with the rest of the horses. Most of Ava’s horses, except the two fey bred ones were keeping their distance from Arion. Ava had told her that the two Fey bred ones had been a gift from her Fey great grandmother.

“Good morning Arion, I hope everything was okay last night.” Yasmine was petting Arion on the side of his neck.

“Everything was fine last night. A few of the Were’s on the ranch went out hunting last night.” Arion had watched as the one known as Gabe and his girlfriend had gone out and didn’t return till early this morning. Just before Yasmine had come out to see him.

“I don’t want to know what they were up too.” Yasmine had some ideas, but she preferred not to know.

“Come on, let’s go for a ride.” Yasmine summons Arion’s saddle and climb up on him.

Arion taught her how to summon her saddle and gear to him yesterday, after they had come back from their ride.

Her and Arion head out into the early morning just enjoying the morning foggy air and each other’s company. The fog was rolling in off the river that ran next to Ava’s property. They were deep in Ava’s property just riding when Arion stops near the river bank.

The next thing Yasmine feels is Arion’s electrical field surrounding them as a bullet bounces off it.

“Hold on Yasmine!” Arion turns away from the river and runs towards the house.

As Arion was turning to run back towards the main house, Yasmine spots a speed boat heading towards the spot they just left. The air around
Yasmine and Arion start becoming thick and heavy. Just as Arion was jumping a fallen tree, Yasmine feels herself grab by something invisible and yanked right out of her saddle.

She lands on her back hard as she hits the ground. She takes a few minutes to gather her thoughts and recover from hitting the ground. She was trying to call Arion, but the air was getting so heavy. She could feel the air being charged with electricity. Two men in black outfits appear from the mist coming towards her.

Yasmine springs to her feet and automatically go into a combat stance. Her father had taught her how to fight. She summons her pure oak Bo staff to her. She didn’t bring her knives with her, but she could summon her Bo staff any time she needed it. It was one of the first lessons Lily showed her.

The two guys point their rifles at her.

“Give up little girl. You’re outclass.” One of the guys in black had spoken.

A smile appears on Yasmine face as she snaps her finger and the ammo inside their guns explode. Using the guns as a distraction. Yasmine swings her Bo staff and connects with one of the men’s heads. There was a loud thunderclap as her Bo staff connected with the helmet. She
uses her Bo staff for support as she swings around and connects her foot with the other guys covered face.

Yasmine knocks him backward as a lightning bolt appears from nowhere and strikes the other guy.

“Holy Crap!” Yasmine steps back away from the guys.

She had felt the energy discharged from the lightning bolt. She looks behind them and notices a very pissed off Arion walking through the mist and his energy field was burning away the heavy mist that was concealing them. His eyes were a bright red glow and he no longer looked like a normal horse, but something out of a nightmare. The guy that Yasmine had kicked in the face had stumbled backwards. He looks where his partner had been standing, but all that was there was a pair of smoking boots.

“I think you better surrender or my familiar behind you is going to fry you.” Yasmine had her Bo staff pointed at the guys throat.

The guy tosses a grenade towards Yasmine, just as a lightning bolt struck him. Yasmine summons magical energy from the earth to protect her as the grenade goes off, sending her backwards and onto the ground. The magical shield she had summoned into existence rather quickly had protected her from being killed, but the explosive force had knocked her off her feet.

She starts coughing “Arion, are you alright?”

Yasmine looks in the direction from where the explosion was and sees Arion walking towards her like it was nothing.

“I’m fine Yasmine. Let’s get you back to the house.” Arion stands near Yasmine so she could climb up into his saddle.

Yasmine body protested as she climbed up onto Arion’s back. Both of them could feel the ground rubble underneath them as they started
back towards the house. They could hear growls and roars that sounded like they were coming from large angry cats and wolves. As they got closer to the house, Yasmine and Arion saw more men in black uniforms being held in columns of Earth or fighting a Wolf or some large cat.

Yasmine spots her mother, father and aunt holding off six men.

“Giddyap!” Yasmine urges Arion on faster.

She summons some of Arion’s electrical discharge to her hands and directs it towards the men fighting her family. She burns the palm of her
hands, because she wasn’t used to handling Arion’s magical energies.

She does it three more times striking the men with the energy. By the time she stops near her family, the skin covering her hands was blackened and she couldn’t move her fingers or feel anything.

Lydia had heard thunder coming towards them and saw lighting being directed by Yasmine towards the men they were holding their ground against.

“Lydia, get over here now! Yasmine has burned her hands using my lighting.” Arion had felt Yasmine drawing on his energy and directing it.

He could feel that she had burned her hands tossing his lighting. She was prepared for dealing with his magical energies. He was concern that she might have permanently damaged her hands.

Lydia rushes over with Lily and lower Yasmine down off Arion’s back. She could see wisp of smoke coming from Yasmine’s blackened hands.

Lydia tries to do some healing, but she didn’t have the healing talent. Neither did Ryder or Lily. A red wolf comes over and changes rather quickly.

“Here, let me heal what I can.” Courtney kneels next to Yasmine and lays her hands just above Yasmine’s.

She draws on her mate’s energies again and manages to repair some of the damage. Courtney does what she can for Yasmine.

“That’s all I can do for her. This is magical damage and my healing talents don’t do too well on them. She won’t lose her hands now, but she’ll need time to heal normally.” Courtney looks towards Lydia and Lily.

Yasmine could feel her hands again and flex them, but they still tingle and hurt.

She looks up at Courtney “thank you.”

“You’re welcome. Since you have a familiar, your recovery time should be cut in half. Once you are healed, I think you should practice using
Arion’s magical energies. This way this won’t happen again.” Courtney stands up and walks over to see what she could do to help a few other Were’s that had been hurt.

Yasmine looks towards her family “I’m sorry. I..”

“It’s okay Yasmine. I know why you did it.” Lydia places a kiss on her daughter’s forehead.

Ryder picks his daughter up and places a kiss on her forehead as well.

He carries her towards the house followed by Lily and her mother. She’s taken to Dr. Julia King’s office to have her hands looked after. She
was Ava’s head vet, that also double as the doctor on the ranch. She wraps Yasmine’s hands up after applying a special healing salve to her hands that would help with the pain and healing.

Lydia takes Yasmine to the room she had been sleeping in and lay her daughter down to rest.

up
231 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Not Smart

Not Smart at all. The human gene pool was just raised a notch or two