Never Anger a Cat and Two Wolves Part 5

Printer-friendly version

Tizzy and Julia had left early in the morning to head back home. The whole mess with Boris had been taken care of and all Julia wanted to do now was get home and away from FBI Agent Jones.

“So, what happened between you and DEA Agent Curtis Drew? I don’t think you ever shared that with me or mom before.”

“I really don’t like talking about it and dad thought it might be better if I kept that secret, but since that Marshal brought it up. I might as well tell you.”

Julia takes a deep breath before she began.

“It first started back during my time at the police academy. You know how gun ho and excited I was that I got accepted for the academy.”

“Yea, I remembered. Uncle Jack was so happy and proud of you. We all knew that was what you wanted to do since you were sixteen years old.”

“Yea, I really wanted to be a cop and help people like dad helped me and Gina. I wanted to make a difference and give back to the area we grew-up at. Anyway, when I joined the police academy. There was this recruit named Joseph Henderson that thought he was hot stuff. How he ever got accepted to the academy I have no idea, but he took an instant dislike to me. I found out later that the reason I had gotten accepted, was because of dad’s first wife. Her Uncle was one of the people in charge of selecting and evaluating cadets. He saw my last name and knew dad, so that was how I got it. Even if he hadn’t approved me, the rest of the selection committee was impress with my evaluation that I would had been selected anyway.”

“Wow, so you had inside help and didn’t know about it?” Tizzy was impressed.

“Yea, dad’s first wife came from a long line of police officers and her parents, uncles and aunts love dad as if he was their own. They kept in touch because of mom. So, when my application for entry came across his desk, he approved me after looking at the test we were given.”

“So, why did this Henderson person dislike you so much?” Tizzy was curious.

“Well, while we were in the academy I was setting new times and procedures. Because of dad’s and Uncle Alex’s training. I was beating him in everything we did. Here I was, a five-foot three-inch woman beating a six-foot three-inch guy with huge muscles from years of playing football. I beat him in hand-to-hand, at the firing range and the knowledge stuff we had to learned. He didn’t like it. So, he started spreading rumor about me screwing my instructors. My instructors and fellow cadets knew the truth, so that rumor got suppressed. He should had gotten expelled from the academy because of that, but someone high up wouldn’t allow it.”

“It sounds like he had higher connections then you did.”

“He did. His father knew the chief of police. Anyway, normally when you’re a rookie just out of the academy, you’re put on a year probation. Sphinx and I were put on full time after four months. They needed an extra K-9 officer and I impressed my training officer so much, he recommended me for full time. He said that I was the first rookie that he has ever done that for. So, when I went full time. Sphinx and I started making a name for ourselves out on the streets. We were being called all the time to chase criminals or search cars for drugs. The people that Sphinx chased down learned you can’t outrun a wolf like him. Drug dealers and addicts were learning that Sphinx couldn’t be fool because of dad’s training.
When we got called to search suspects vehicles for human smuggling or drug transport. I knew places that cops didn’t normally check, but I did and we busted several huge loads of drugs coming into the states or being transported through Montana. My fellow officers asked how I knew about those locations, I told them my father told me about them.”

“You didn’t tell them that your father is a government assassin, did you?”

“I’m not that stupid. Besides, a lot of the officers I know like my father. They were friends with his wife. All they know about him is that he is or was a government agent. Dad’s first wife never told her friends what dad did for a living, just that he was a government agent.”

“So, you and Sphinx were making a name for yourself on the streets. So, how does this Henderson person play into this?”

“Well, because me and Sphinx were making a name for ourselves on the streets and interfering with the drug trade. A hit had been put out on us. I answered a call on my way home about suspicious activity at a warehouse and walked into an ambush that had been set-up for me and Sphinx. There were four hitters from a new gang that had come to Boulder thinking they could make a name for themselves by taking me and Sphinx out. I killed three of their hitters and Sphinx took the last guy down. I found a picture of me and Sphinx on him and asked who sent him to kill me. He didn’t want to talk to me at first, so I let Sphinx play with him some.”

“Oh, I bet that went over well with his attorney.”

“Yea, they said I used excessive force by letting Sphinx use him as a chew toy.” A smile appears on Julia’s face.

“Anyway, he gave me the name of his leader and I paid him a visit to find out who hired them. At first, they weren’t going to say anything like usual, until Sphinx got hungry. When I told them, I would shoot everyone in his gang. He said I wouldn't because I was a cop. I told their leader that I might be a cop, but I was the daughter of the deadliest assassin around and if I didn’t, he would. That was a can of trouble that he didn’t want to deal with. He didn’t believe me, so I dropped the name dad is known as in South America. One of his men had heard the name and the rumors about dad and Chaos before. He told his leader that he didn’t want that type of trouble coming down on him. Especially the demon dog that traveled with dad.”

Julia’s smile got bigger when she remembered the expression on their faces at the mention of Chaos.

“Oh, I bet that changed their leader’s mind right away. I’ve dropped mom’s name a few times to get information from people. Between Uncle Jack and mom, most bad guys who have met them or have heard about them. Don’t want to have a visit from them. Mom warned me that I need to be careful dropping her name, because someone might want to kill me to even the scores with her.”

“Yea, dad said the same thing to me. He told me I need to be careful dropping his name, especially around anyone associated with the cartels. As for all the other different criminal organizations. They know what dad’s family will do against them. He said that your mother has a few mafia families that owe her for saving them and making her a member of the family.”

“Yep, mom said the same thing. Also, she is welcome among the gypsies because she saved the life of several of them. There is one gypsy family that has claimed her as their own. She risked life and limb for their leader when his wife and daughter had been kidnapped by a rival family. she’s the godmother of the daughter. I met her once, when we went to Europe on vacation. Mom took me to meet the clan and they accepted me as a member.”

“So, what happened after you told them what your father and Chaos would do to them?”

“They gave me a picture of the person who had put the hit out on me. It took me a while to track him down. I had to use some of dad’s contacts to locate the person. What I didn’t know at the time, was Officer Henderson was informing him of my progress. Henderson had gotten some of his childhood friends that were bullies in their school to jump me. One of them had shot Sphinx with a powerful tranquilizer and knocked him out.They figured since there was six of them, they should be able to overpower me. Boy, were they wrong. Don’t get me wrong, some of them did manage to get in some good hits, but I ended up putting all six of them in the hospital with serious injuries. Henderson thought he would try killing me with his hunting knife. So, I ended up in a knife fight with him. I had to admit he was pretty good and I still have the scars he gave me to prove it. What he didn’t count on was the training dad gave me when facing a person with a knife. I ended up taking his knife away from him and shoving it up under his chin and into his head. I had to call dad to come and get me, because Henderson had sabotaged my SUV and shot my radio. Plus, I wasn’t in any condition to drive either.”

“Oh, I wouldn’t had wanted to be there when your father showed up and saw you all bloody and hurt.”

“Oh, trust me. If anyone was still able to move, dad would had killed them with his bare hands. He went to that place he goes to when he is ready to kill someone. I’ve only seen that look on his face three times since he rescued me and Gina. He took me to the hospital and posted guards outside my room. He took Sphinx back to the house and made him comfortable. The tranquilizer that Henderson friend had shot Sphinx with would had killed an ordinary wolf or dog. However, because dad had breed Chaos’s sire with several different types of wolves. He survived the tranquilizer given to him. If it had been a little bit more powerful, I would have lost Sphinx.”

“Dam! What did Henderson shoot him with?”

“I don’t know. Dad wouldn’t tell me. All he did say, was that Sphinx was lucky he had survived it. He was also proud of me and told me my injuries weren’t to life threatening. However, when I was healed he was going to increase my training, so I didn’t end up in the hospital again.”

“Yea, mom did that to me after I went to the hospital the first time. Someone tried to run me off the road on the way home. I managed to keep from being driven off the road. So, they followed me and managed to shoot my front tire out and caused me to flip. As they were coming towards me with their guns drawn. I barely managed to get my gun and shoot them. I dislocated my shoulder from being flipped upside down. When I was healed, mom took me to a place in California that teaches stunt driving and made me take a course. So, next time I’ll be the one flipping people.”

“Did you have fun?”

“You bet. I had so much fun during the course. My instructor had been in several movies performing stunts and taught some famous actors as well.”

“I had knife fighting lessons with my father and more hand-to-hand training with him. The injuries I had gotten from the fight with Henderson and his crew were nothing, compared to what dad gave me during the training.”

Tizzy spots something in her passenger side view mirror.

“Do you know we have picked up a tail?”

“Yea, I spotted them a few miles back. It looks like it is our friends from the FBI.”

Julia pulls off to the side of the road and waits for them to pull up behind them.

up
233 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Cliff hanger

WillowD's picture

Cool. Both this story and the last story I just read have cliff hangers. And now I am eagerly waiting for instalments for both of them.

BTW, this is an excellent story. Great use of dialogue and inter character communication.