Girl for a day.

Printer-friendly version

Once, there was this boy who loved to make fun of girls. His name was Jeff, and he loved to discriminate girls, by calling us “short” and saying we “cannot play basketball”, when in reality, he is only 1.6m tall, and does not have any of the masculine features that make up a man.up a man.

Making fun of girls was a habit for him, since the day I met him on the first day of school. Everyone seems to tolerate his behaviour, for it was only the verbal remarks that nobody could accept. Thankfully, I was never approached by him before, so I don’t know how bad it was.

But that changed when he crossed path with me.

It was Physical Education class, and the teacher paired me with up with Jeff. We were to play basketball that day, but just as the teacher commenced the session, Jeff told the teacher that he did not want to play with me as I am a girl, and “girls don’t play basketball”.

Upon hearing that, I burst into tears and ran away to the nearest washroom. I couldn’t believe what I just heard. “How could he say that I cannot play basketball, just because I am a girl?” I scowl with frustration at myself in the mirror, crying uncontrollably.

It was then I realise Jeff needs to be taught a lesson.

After washing my face and drying myself up, I went into a cubicle and took out the necklace that I have been wearing under my clothes. The necklace may look like any other necklace with no special feature, but it actually does whatever I command it to do.

With the necklace on my hands and against my chest, I whispered a chant and made a wish for Jeff to become a girl for a day, so that he knows how girls feels when they are discriminated for their gender.

The spell worked immediately after I made the wish, as the necklace gave off a pink glow the moment I made the wish. Interestingly, only I know about the change as everything else changed accordingly. It was a private performance specially requested by me, and I can’t wait to see the girl Jeff has become.

As I stepped out of the washroom, I saw a girl waiting for me with a basketball on arms. It was Jeff – as a girl. He told me how insecure he was standing in the middle of the hall waiting for me to return from the washroom. Understandably, this is how girls feel when they are alone outside, especially in sports attire where the shorts are damn short and the blouse so soft that it feels cold whenever the wind blows on us. But I simply assured him that everything was fine, and we continued with our game of basketball.

The rest of the day went on as what I had expected. As Jeff attended the classes as a girl, he faced all kinds of harassment the girls get when they were harassed by him. He obviously didn’t like it, and there were times when I even saw him rush into a cubicle to cry. However, since I wished for Jeff to be a girl for the day, there was nothing I could do, but just let Jeff suffer all the sexual harassment girls get every day. After all, it was meant to punish Jeff, so I might as well let him be.

Finally, the day ended and it was a new day. Jeff returned to his normal form and as a boy. He had no idea what happened to him yesterday, but it was obvious from his behaviour that he no longer dares to disturb the girls ever again.

The end.

up
125 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

What age are they

It's a good story for the times especially since we have politicians that demean women. I think Jeff would have to remember in order for the moral to have meaning. Good effort.

Santacruzman

A good start

Haylee V's picture

to what I hope will become a lasting passion. Although there are some things I could fault, it is a valiant first effort. As you perfect your craft, and individual style, I'm sure we will see even better things from you. Please expand upon the premise you have started, as I'd love to see this further developed.

*Kisses Always*
Haylee V

I agree the story is good...

as far as it goes. I would hope Jeff is honest with her asking if she realized what had happened. She doesn't need to reveal it was her. Maybe for some reason he wishes or needs the experience to linger.

Hugs, Jessie C

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Short and sweet

Enjoyed it. Nice ending

Experience is the best teacher

Jamie Lee's picture

Jeff was a rather DA for thinking girls can't play basketball. There are girls who can give any guy a run for his money when it comes to basketball. And some can kick butt.

It would be interesting to have found out where Jeff's attitude came from, his parents, sibling, relative, or friend. To know who had the most influence on him.

Someone in authority at that school should have sat that boy down and explained the facts of life to him, that making fun of others is only going to come back and bite him in the butt. And that he would be in for a world of hurt should he take his attitude with him into the job market.

It's hard to believe he would have learned from the experience since he didn't know what had happen for the day. It might have been better for him to have known he became she and why. This would have had a more profound affect on him.

But in the end, his ways were changed and that was the goal after all.

Others have feelings too.