Be Careful of What You Wish For Chapter 9

Printer-friendly version

Theia was enjoying herself this evening. All morning she, Titanis and Shayla practice with swords, martial arts and with several different types of weapons. She was finally given her own sword which was a 24” Roman Dragon sword and a Roman Gladius knife. Her sister said that both weapons were made by Hephaestus himself and couldn’t be seen when she wore them. Except, when she pulled to use them, then they could be seen. While she was carrying them, they were invisible. Titanis had let her use her motorcycle to get up here.

The bartender told her that Thorn would be up at the bar later tonight. He had a meeting he had to attend.

Theia goes out on the dance floor with a few people that ask her to dance. She let a few people buy her drinks and chit-chatted with a few.

People were starting to recognize her more and realize, she wasn’t who they thought she was. She does notice there was a large crowd this evening, which was unusual since she has been coming.

As Theia is sitting at a table near the door, she notices a finely dress young woman with short blood red hair come walking in. Theia notice right away, that there was something strange about this woman. There was a ghostly image over laid over her. Like she was wearing a death shroud, put it was invisible on her. She notices there was a sword on her side as well. Goose pimples formed on her skin when the woman walked by her.

“What are you?”

Sparrow stops when she hears those word. She had passed by a girl with long amber color hair. She had felt the residue magical energies of being God touched. She knew that feeling. That meant one of the different god/dess had touched this girl. She looks closer and notice that the soul wasn’t the original, but a replacement soul for the body. She stops and turns around and walks over towards the girl.

“What do you see, young lady?”

“I see a cloak like what the grim reaper wears and there’s sword on your side. Also, there’s a certain glow to your aura.”

“Then you know what I am then. I am one of the many grim reapers selected to help death bring souls ready to pass over. The question I have
for you, is what are you and don’t tell me human either. You have the touch of a deity on you.”

“I’m the daughter of Athena.”

“Now, that explains the energies I am getting off you. You have the feel of being God touched.”

“What do demi-god/dess feel like to you?”

“They feel more like their parents. You have the energies of your mother cling to your aura, but the touch of a person who is like me as well.”

“That would be my Aunt Leto. My sister said she transferred my soul and brought this body back to life.”

“Who’s your sister?”

“Titanis, why?”

“I’ve met your sister before, hopefully you won’t be like her. I met her back when I was first turned into a grim reaper. She sent several people
to their graves that I had been sent to collect.”

“Who collects the soul of the god/dess?”

“The death deity of their Pantheon. Which is saying death himself in his many disguises.”

“So, does that mean your death?”

“No, I’m one of the many agent’s death uses to help him with his work. At one time, he could had handle all the deaths that occurred, but now
he needs agents to help collect the newly dead souls and make sure they pass on like they should. We’re more like that show Dead Like Me, but not like them. We don’t do the silly things they do. The only exception is we are given a certain number of souls to collect, before we can rest ourselves.”

“Do you know what that number is?”

“Nope, I don’t know. That is kept secret from us.”

“Are you here tonight to collect on some souls?”

“That is information I can’t tell you.”

“In other words, that’s a yes. However, you can’t tell me how many can you?”

Sparrow just smiles at Theia.

“Okay, question answered, you’re not here to collect mine, are you?”

“No, that would be your Uncle Hades job to do. You’re not due to die for several hundreds of years, like your sister.”

“That’s good to know. Do you have time to sit down and have a drink with me or are you on a time restraint?”

“I’m on a time restraint. After I finish here, I have to get back to my children and husband.”

“You have children?”

“Yes, I have children. I have two adopted children and I’m the female alpha of the Kingsman Pack.”

“You’re married to an Alpha Were-wolf?”

“Yep.”

“Wow! My sister never told me about that.”

Sparrow had been keeping an eye out for the person she was sent to get tonight and spotted him as soon as he walked into the club.

“Excuse me, Theia. The person I have been waiting on has arrived.”

Sparrow walks over towards them.

Theia watches as Sparrow walks over towards Thorn. She, was here to collect Thorn’s soul tonight. Theia was going to say something, but something made her stay where she was. Sparrow walks up to the body just as it falls and Theia watches as she cuts the silvery cord that connected the soul to the body with the sword she was wearing. No one else seemed to notice the sword and were trying to help Thorn.

Sparrow turns around waves goodbye to Theia while escorting Thorn’s soul out the door with her.

Theia manages to get up and runs after Sparrow. She spots them walking into a shadow and disappears. She felt very strong magic being used and then nothing. She walks over and could feel the residue of the magical energies still cling around, but was fast disappearing.

“That was a quick getaway.”

Theia turns around and notice the paramedics and a police car pulling up.

“Well, I better head then.”

Theia walks over towards her sister’s motorcycle and mount it. She had plans with Thorn, but now they didn’t see to important now. She puts her helmet on and head back towards the house. She knows her sister will wonder why she is home early, but after what she has seen. She decided to turn in early might be a better deal tonight.

As she pulls up in the driveway, she notices Sparrow standing there waiting for her.

“Sorry, for spoiling your fun tonight. It was his time to go.”

“That’s fine. You did me a favor tonight.”

“That’s one way of looking at it. If you ever come out to New York, look me up.”

“I will and it’s been nice meeting you Sparrow.”

“You too and make sure you don’t turn out like your sister.”

“I won’t.” Theia watches as Sparrow disappears.

up
226 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Interesting story line here,

Interesting story line here, and I did like and do like the TV series "Dead Like Me" when it was on and when it does re-appear at times.

Loving this story

I'm loving this story. looking forward to the next episode.

Hugs,
Tamara Jeanne

Great story

Christina H's picture

I don't usually read this genre but this one is so well crafted and so easy to read I am really enjoying it.

Christina