On The Run Part 8

Printer-friendly version

Emma is woken by her cell phone ring.

She reaches over and grabs it “hello?”

“Sorry for waking you Emma, but you need to leave from where you are right away. We intercepted a phone call that describe your boat and a girl fitting Darit description. We have another boat waiting for you at Blue Marlin boat yard.”

“We’re on our way.”

Emma hangs up the phone. She gets up and goes to wake-up Lucas.

“Lucas, we need to get underway right away.”

Emma runs up on deck and starts disconnecting the lines and shore hook-ups. Once all the lines and shore hook-up was disconnected. Lucas backs the boat out of the slip and head down river towards the Us Army reserve base. The Blue Marlin boat yard was supposed to be near it.

“Did they say how they found out about us and this boat?”

“Nope, all they said was that they had a description of this boat and of a girl looking like Darit being on it. We could dye her hair a different color and style it differently.”

“Well, we might want to do something about her looks.”

“I’ll work on her when we change ships.” Emma watched as they approached the boat yard.

“Dam, that’s a nice boat they have for us.”

“It does look nice.” Lucas pulls the boat they were on next to the docks.

Emma ties the boat off as an Army sergeant comes walking over towards them.

“Permission to come aboard?”

“Granted Sergeant.”

Sergeant Williams looks around for the third person he had been informed about.

“Where’s the young girl?”

“She’s below deck still asleep.”

“Well, you might want to wake her up and start transferring your stuff over to your new boat. Come on, I’ll give you a tour of it.”

Sergeant Williams goes ashore followed by Lucas and Emma. He takes them over to a white and Blue 1995 Albin 43 Trawler.

“This should make things easier on you guys. It has two full staterooms and two bathrooms with showers, dining area and enclosed pilots fly bridge. Which you can control the boat from there or down here in the cabin area. The boat has been setup for surveillance, but we no longer have any need for it. So, it’s being given to you three. You have a full surveillance package and a hidden weapon locker. The engines have been upgraded and you have bow thruster to help maneuver the boat. There’s an emergency launch, just in case the boat starts to sink. You have a 320-gallon water tank, 620-gallon fuel tank and a holding tank of 50-gallons.”

Sergeant Williams shows everything about the boat and then they head back to boat. They spot Darit standing on the deck looking for them.

“Is that the young girl your protecting?”

“Yep, that’s the young girl we’re protecting. She handled that boat all by herself by the time we caught up to her.”

“You mean she knows how to pilot a boat?”

“Yep, she does. She had to teach Lucas here how to pilot that boat.”

Darit had woken up and no one was around. She came up on deck to see where everyone was and notice they were tied up behind another boat. She saw Emma, Lucas and some other guy coming from the boat in front of them. She waits till they closer before asking her question.

“Is something wrong?”

“Yes and no. Go pack all your stuff and we’re going to move it to the bigger boat. Why don’t you take the forward Cabin? Lucas and I will take the aft cabin. Since it is near the pilot station from when we are all in the saloon. I also, think you’re going to like this other boat better, Darit. You don’t have to worry about Mosquitoes any more. The fly bridge is protected or you can pilot the boat from the saloon.”

“Cool. I’ll go and pack my stuff up. Are we taking the food and such?”

“Yep. Take your movies with you as well. Don’t leave anything on this boat.”

“Yes ma’am.”

Darit goes to the cabin she’s been using as her own and pack up all her stuff. She’s going to miss this boat. It’s been her haven since she managed to escape her captors. She makes sure she has all the money she had found with her.

Darit takes her stuff over first and couldn’t believe how much bigger the boat was. There was two full bathrooms, two full bedrooms and two single rooms. She liked the fact she has her own bathroom. She helps moving the rest of the stuff from the old boat to the new boat.

Darit stands and looks at the old boat.

“Going to miss the boat?”

“Yes ma’am. It’s been the only real home I have ever known.”

Tears slide down from Darit’s eyes. Emma notices the tears sliding down Darit’s cheeks. She pulls her close to her and hold her.

“Everything will be okay Darit. Let’s go ahead and board our new boat.”

“Yes ma’am.”

Darit and Emma board the new boat and gather on the fly bridge and watch as Lucas gets use to the way the new boat handles. Darit just watches as Lucas handles the new boat. She liked that they had a bench seat to sit on, instead of just a chair. It was going to take some getting use too, because of how much longer the boat is. It was something she was going to have to get used to.

“How far are we going to go?”

“What do you mean Darit?”

“Are we going to go all the way to Florida or are we going to head back towards New Jersey?”

“We’re heading South Darit. The only time we’ll be heading North is when you have to appear in court.”

“Well, you might want to start wearing shorts and tank tops or light t-shirts. Some of the people I talked to, said the further South I go. The hotter it is going to get.”

“We'll stop and get some clothes to wear. Since we have a new boat. Why don’t me and you change into our swim suit and enjoy the sun while my partner here guides our new boat?”

“Okay.”

Emma follows Darit to her quarters and help her get dress in the one piece she bought for her.

Darit looks towards Emma “how did you know how to do what you did?”

Darit has never been taught how to tuck like Emma did her.

“One of my friends is a drag queen. She’s been trying to get on RuPaul’s drag race since season three.”

“Who’s RuPaul and what’s a drag queen?”

“I’m going to have to find a few episodes and let you watch them tonight. Let’s put some lotion on you so you don’t burn to bad.”

Emma puts suntan lotion on Darit’s body so she doesn’t burn.

“Thank you, Emma.”

“You’re welcome Darit.”

Darit sits down in one of the deck chairs and tan. She reads a book she picked up to help her understand the English language better.

“You girls are having to much fun.”

“Well, you could drop anchor and join us.”

“Why not.”

Lucas stops the engines and drops anchor and join the girls tanning.

up
270 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

to tell you the

truth I got a bad feeling about this new boat. something going to happen.

Ooh, nice twist to the story

Ooh, nice twist to the story.
I love the change in boats. PM intervals are far greater on diesels (on trucks it's 50k miles).

problems????

The only problem they might have is if they were followed and were seen changing boats.

Wolf_0.jpg

I would suspect,

with the logistics of having to arrange the boat switch, more people know about the hideaway. More people knowing a secret is never good.