Becoming Annabelle Lee Chapter 8

Printer-friendly version

When Annabelle and Dawn wake-up the next morning they notice the girl, they rescued the other day was sleeping in between them. She looked so cute curled up between the two of them and holding Dawn’s bunny rabbit. She had her face buried against Dawn’s chest.

“Ah, she looks so cute sleeping against you.”

Annabelle was looking at Dawn as they stayed still, not wanting to wake the girl that they brought home with them yesterday.

“I didn’t even feel her get into bed with us last night.”

Dawn brushes some of her hair away from the girl’s face.

Annabelle’s chest has been hurting lately and she felt grape size bumps development under her nipples.

“I know I didn’t.” Annabelle tries to get comfortable.

Dawn looks at her “what’s wrong?”

“I think the hormones are finally having effect on my breast development. I’m feeling grape size bumps under my nipples.”

“I think you might be right. I notice you have been eating more. Your hips are starting to fill out more like a woman’s. I notice yesterday how tight your padding was under your jeans.”

“Well, I hope they do. It will be nice not to have to wear all that padding during the summer months.”

“I can image. We need to go by the shop this morning for a little while. There’s a delivery coming in and there’s only three people working this morning.”

“What are we doing afterwards?”

“Skipping Wolf and Dancing Deer have asked if we could come by and help them with a few chores around their ranch.”

“Only if Dancing Deer is making her buffalo stew. The last time she made it, it was extremely good.”

“I think she’ll be able to whip something up for us. This will also give Gina a chance to meet some people that will not be hostile towards her.”

“You know we need to go and get her some clothes to wear? She only has the clothes she wore to school yesterday.”

“I know.”

Dawn gets out of bed and heads towards the bathroom first.

Annabelle just smile as she watches Dawn walk towards the bathroom. When she disappears. She looks down at Gina and gently blow into
her ear.

Gina swats the area above her ear.

Annabelle smiles and blows again in her ear.

Gina swats the area again.

“Come on sleepy head. You can’t sleep all day.” Annabelle pulls Gina to her tickles her some.

Gina starts to squirm when she feels herself being tickled by Annabelle. She starts giggling as Annabelle tickles her on her ticklish spots.

Dawn comes walking back into the bedroom from the bathroom. She just stands in the doorway watching as Annabelle and Gina plays for a
while. She enjoyed hearing children’s laughter and now that they have Gina, she was thinking maybe they should have another child as well.

“Sounds like you two are having fun.”

Annabelle looks up at her “Yay, I thought I would tickle torture are sleeping beauty here.”

Gina looks up at Annabelle with a smile on her face. Her real parents would had never done this to her. They did when she was younger, but when she came out to them about feeling she should had been born a girl. They stopped showing any affections towards her except anger and hate.

“Well, we have things to do today. We can play later.” Dawn smiles at them.

“Well, mom has spoken, Gina.”

Annabelle places a kiss on Gina’s forehead and rushes to the bathroom. Gina looks over towards Dawn as she walks over towards the bed.

“I might have a shirt that will fit you till we go and buy you some clothes.”

“Thank you, Mrs. Running Rabbit.”

“For what Gina?” Dawn stops to look at Gina.

“For taking me in. Not many people would.” Gina was looking down at the bed.

Dawn walks over and sits down next to Gina on the bed and lifts her head up.

“I’m sorry you had to go through what you have Gina. Parents shouldn’t treat their kids like they did with you. All because they feel different than how they are born. Among us you are special and a treasure.” She hugs Gina and holds her tight to her body.

Annabelle comes walking back in. She picks up her cell phone and takes a picture of the two of them. Afterwards all three get dress and take Gina shopping for some girl clothes. Between Annabelle and Dawn choices there is no way anyone could ever tell Gina was a boy. Annabelle shows Gina a few tricks and Dawn adds a little make-up and has Gina’s hair style.

They head over towards Dancing Deer and Skipping Wolf’s house to help with a few chores around the property. Annabelle and Dawn helps
Skipping Wolf put up a few new fence posts. Gina helps Dancing Deer in the kitchen making the stew and learning how to make fry bread. Dancing Deer makes Gina wear an apron so not to get her new sundress dirty.

Gina has fun helping Dancing Deer in the kitchen. She takes some ice teas out to Annabelle, Skipping Wolf and Dawn to help them cool down.

“Thanks, little fox.”

“I think Skipping Wolf has given you your Native American name Gina.” Annabelle messes Gina’s hair.

“Little Fox?”

“It fits her Skipping Wolf.”

“I know, that’s why I called her that. The fox spirit is strong in this one.”

“Is that good or bad?”

Annabelle had a confused look on her face.

“In some tribes its good, and in others its bad. In some tribal legends, the fox is considered a prankster, while in a few they are consider wise and helpful. So, all depends. In this case young Gina is helpful and she just feels like the fox is her spirit animal. Where your spirit animal is the Red Tail Hawk, Annabelle you look for new paths. When you find the right path, you go down that path and don’t care how others feel. You and Dawn are a perfect example for little fox to follow. Where you ferret out undiscovered paths or see other paths, the rabbit are terrific planners and escape artist. They are also tricksters, but not in a bad way. This way little fox will learn how to plan for life problems and have a way to escape the problem if it doesn’t work out. Little fox has a good example of what to look for and how to make plans just in case things don’t work. Which will add to her wisdom.”

He smiles at Gina.

Gian returns the smile and heads back inside to help Dancing Deer. By the time they stop for the dinner. They have eight fence post up and
strung with wire.

“Are we still on tomorrow for horseback riding?”

“Yep! We’ll meet you at 6:00am tomorrow and have a picnic while we are out horseback riding.”

Dawn looks over towards Gina “have you ever ridden a horse?”

“Yes ma’am. I used to ride all the time, before I was told to give it up. I miss it.”

“Well, you can ride as much as you want to at home or here Little Fox. You’re always welcome here.”

“Thank you, Skipping Wolf.” Gina smiles over at him.

“Any time kiddo. Just remember though, your mothers have to approve first.”

“I don’t see why she can’t. I can bring her over on my motorcycle when she wants to ride.”

Gina looks towards Annabelle “you have a motorcycle?”

“Yep, I haven’t been riding it lately, but I have one.”

“Cool!”

Annabelle smiles at Gina’s excitement. She knew Dawn didn’t care for them much, but she was always careful when she did ride.

Annabelle and Dawn help with cleaning up the dirty dishes and putting away the rest of the stew. Dancing Deer gives some to Annabelle to take home with them.

As they are driving home. Dawn looks over towards Gina, since Annabelle was driving.

“Did you have fun today?”

“Yes ma’am. I enjoyed helping Dancing Deer in the kitchen and learning how to make fry bread and meeting Skipping Wolf. Why do they call
him Skipping Wolf anyway?”

“Well, when Skipping Wolf was born, there was an injured wolf walking by and it looked like it was skipping. So, they named him after the injured wolf.”

“Oh.” Gina could almost picture a wolf skipping along.

Annabelle just smiles as she drives them home.

up
336 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Sweet!

Golly Ms Dragon, I really have enjoyed this story so much. This is such as loving story and the family aspect is right on.

As always, can't wait to read more.

A loving fan,

Santacruzman

You go girl

The plot and rhythm with this story is super great. Loving it, as if you couldn't tell.

Wendy K

Demeanor change

Jamie Lee's picture

Amazing how a little kindness can change someone's demeanor. Gina is a different person, enjoying how she woke up to helping in the kitchen. And that she will be allowed to ride horses again. And, a motorcycle.

Where are Gina ' s parents? Why haven't they sought Gina? Are they that cold hearted that they don't care she is with someone else? Or have they been given other accommodations at the cities expense?

Others have feelings too.