My Mistake, Chapter 3

Printer-friendly version

Chapter 3
By Samantha Jenkins

As Katie started moving the car toward the interstate to head home, I was starting to get nervous. The Last time mom and seen me dressed, I was wearing one of Jen's dresses and pretty much looked like a girl even though at the time I had shorter hair, which mom had explained away when we went to eat that I tried to cut it by my self, and screwed it up pretty badly. It was still longer than most boys’ haircuts going to my shoulders. This time I looked like a sixteen year old girl, to every one. We rode in silence for a while, and the closer we got to the house the more I started to feel faint. Katie noticed this.

"Are you alright Morgan?" she asked looking in my direction

"I don't want mom to see me like this." I stammered through rather short breaths.

"Here take my hand." Katie said offering her hand, I took it and squeezed. "Morgan, remember your mom is getting you all of your clothes, I think she knows what's best for you."

"What about church on Sunday?" I asked, finally starting to breathe normally again.

"What about it?" Jen asked.

"Am I going as a girl or a boy?"

"Well Mom did say full time, and for at least five months" Jen responded to my question, "So I'd say as a girl" Just as Jen finished her statement, Katie was turning the car into the driveway. I saw mom's car in the garage, with the trunk lid open.

"Morgan, We'll get the bags, see if there is any thing else in your mom's trunk." Katie said with a smile. I couldn't argue with her, I loved her too much.

"Ok." I said grabbing the handle of the door and stepping out. It had gotten dark out and was now in the upper twenties. I could have sworn I felt my blood cool off in my legs as I walked toward the garage. I looked in mom's trunk and picked up the only bag that was left and shut the trunk. I walked into the house and met my mom on the way out.

"Oh, Hi, Morgan", she said after about running me down. "You look pretty." I blushed.

"Thanks, Mom" I replied in a weak voice. She smiled, and then asked:

"Is that every thing from the car?"

"It's the last one and I shut the trunk." I said, still uneasy about mom seeing me in a skirt. Mom shut the garage door, and came back in the house. I was working on putting the cheese that was in the bag in the refrigerator, unaware that mom was watching me. Straightening my skirt as I stood, my mother’s voice startled me.

"I never realized how much you acted like your sister" I turned to face her.

"Mom!" I started, "I do not act like Jennifer"

"Actually you do." Mom stated, "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were a girl." I thought about that for a second. Here was my mom telling me I looked like a girl, which I probably did because I was wearing a skirt, had hair that was well taken care of, and had soft features like my sister. I skipped over to mom and gave her a hug.

"Thank you mommy." I said.

"What was that for?" She asked.

"For not kicking me out of the house when you found out what I had done."

"Do you remember when I found you in your sister’s dress after your dad died?"

"Yeah” I said looking at her. I thought she was going to flip and kick me out of the house, but she just took me in her arms and held me, it was nice being held like that but I thought she was mad at me after that. She and I just sat in the living room talking like mother and daughter for about three hours then Jen came home and I apologized to her for going in her room without her permission.

"Remember how we went out to dinner with you dressed like that?" I nodded. My hair had been as long then as it was now, and not a single person gave me a second glance when we went out and ate. We had also gone shopping and gotten me some denim skirts and a few dresses, and when I grew out of this "stage" those had gone into Jen's closet. "Well, I told Jen to put those in the guest room, which will become your room while your punishment is in effect. Now run upstairs and get changed for all four of us to go out to dinner, and you and Katie to go to the movies."

"Ok, Mom" I said, turning to go toward the stairs. Walking into the guest room, I saw Katie sitting on the bed reading a book. It looked like my copy of Left Behind, and from the looks of it, she had just started reading it. On the bed was a red sweater that had a keyhole opening right above where my sternum started, a red and black plaid pleated skirt that looked like it was shorter than the one I had on. On the floor were a pair of black boots with a five inch platform, and 3 glittering silver padlocks hanging open. I looked at Katie, who had not seen me come into the room, she was wearing an identical outfit but the sweater and plaid were white instead of black. Her boots had 2 gold colored locks and they were already locked. As she realized that I was there, she turned to me and smiled. I saw that her sweater was identical to the one that was laying on the bed, except hers had a gold padlock in the keyhole opening. I walked over to her and hugged her, then fingered the padlock.

"You like?" She asked.

"Yes I do, although I've never seen you have a gold plated lock before." I replied. I've always thought that Katie made some of her own clothes because she had all sorts of stuff that could be locked shut from pants and shorts to shirts to sweaters. I had always admired that she had the courage to lock herself in her clothes and wear them to school. She was on the Girls Tennis team at school and had even made her own skirts for the games that she could lock shut.

"The gold locks are new. Your locks are going to be silver, and I think you'll like this outfit." She said picking sitting my book down and picked the skirt up. She unzipped the zipper at the back of the skirt and I saw two locks, one at the center of the zipper, and one at the top which looked like it held a both ends of a chain that ran through the waist band. She smiled at me.

"What's the chain for?" I asked.

"To make sure you can’t' remove it." She said, unzipping her skirt to revel two gold locks and a silver chain that went through her waist band. I smiled at her then watched as she zipped her skirt back up and when she brought her arms up to hug me I thought I saw a golden reflection out of her sleeve.

"Is there a lock at your right wrist too?" I asked reaching for it.

"Yes there is," She replied holding her wrist out to me, "and you'll understand the point later tonight." That got me thinking 'what was she planning for later tonight' "Let's get you dressed" she said taking a key from the nightstand. She bent down and unlocked the lock on each boot, and unzipped them. She pushed me back until I fell on the bed, my skirt flying up and would have been showing my panties if I didn't have a pair of tights on. Katie giggled, and then pulled my boots off. I stood up and unbuttoned, and unzipped the skirt I had on, and then pulled the sweater up and over my head, dropping it on the floor with the skirt. I picked up the skirt from the bed, and stepped into it, pulling it up and holding my hand out to Katie, instead of getting a lock, which is what I wanted I got a handful of keys.

"What's this?" I asked looking at the keys.

"The keys to my outfit, there's a pouch in the front of your skirt that will hold them." I folded the waist band down and sure enough there was a zipped compartment there, with a ring at the end of it. I slipped the keys in the compartment then zipped it shut, holding my hand out again, this time getting a silver lock. Slipping the hasp of the lock through the hole on the zipper, and the through the ring, I closed it. I could have sworn that Katie purred when I did that. I went back over to the zipper and then stuck my hand out again, receiving a second lock. I slipped the hasp through the rings and closed it, sticking my hand out again. Instead of getting a lock, I got a kiss, and heard a click. I looked down and seeing Katie had closed the zipper on the skirt. I stuck my hand there and felt the outline of a lock. I picked up the sweater and slid it over my head. Katie came over and closed the two locks at the wrists. Then she handed me a lock and that was when I realized that the collar of the sweater had a chain running through it. Katie was standing over by the full length mirror in the guest room, which had become my bedroom with my punishment, brushing her hair. She tied it up in a ponytail using a white ribbon. I walked over to her at the mirror. We were the same height, and I did some real quick math in my head if I was five foot five, and she was five foot three, and my boots were five inches, that meant she had to have on her four inch platform boots.

"Katie, Hun, are those your four inch platforms?"

"Yes, Morgan, they are. You've never seen them have you?" She responded smiling.

"No, I haven't" I said looking at her boots. Some day I'd have to try those on. Katie moved behind me and started brushing my hair after taking the two ribbons that held my pigtails up. She brushed my hair out. Let me tell you, if you have never had some one else brush your hair, you should try it some time, it is one of the most relaxing things I can think of. When Katie was done brushing my hair, she tied it up with a red ribbon, then she gave my makeup a little touchup and we went downstairs to see mom and Jen.

"Were ready, Jackie" Katie said to my mom.

"Oh, good. I was about to have Jen assemble a search party and go looking for you two girls." Mom said smiling. I smiled back and took Katie's hand, as we walked out the door to Mom's car. Katie and I sat in the back seat and I was a whole lot more graceful than when I sat down the first time. Jen and mom got in up front.

“Mom, where are we going?” I asked after I buckled my seatbelt.

“Were going to the Max and Erma’s at City Center.” Mom said.

“Mom why at City Center, if there is one at South Ridge?” as we drove, I realized that we were headed toward the one in South Ridge.

“Mom you’re confusing me.” I said aloud, Jen turned and grinned at me. It was when we pulled into the lot of the Max and Erma’s in South Ridge that I realized that we were in fact going to the one where several of my classmates in different classes worked. I knew for a fact that several girls from my Pre-Calculus class worked tonight because they had been discussing schedules. Mom also knew that several girls from some of my classes worked here and she was going to make me pass in front of class mates.

“Morgan, you are a cousin that is visiting from Jacksonville for a few months and you will be attending school here, Jen, your brother went back to Jacksonville to attend to the requests of your Aunt Betty, who is Morgan’s mother by adoption and is suffering from health ailments.” I didn’t expect any one to believe this and so I said something.

“Mom, no one will buy that. I don’t even look like a Floridian.”

“Then what do you propose?” Mom had parked the car and we sat discussing this with the heat on.

“I like the cousin bit, that would explain why I look like Josh, but how bout I’m from Oakville, and our house collapsed with no one home, and my dad enlisted Josh to help with the rebuilding so I’m staying with you.”

“That will work, should any one ask. Morgan, don’t forget your manners, unless you want to be ‘read’.” Mom said. We got out of the car, and because the car was nice and toasty, it felt like it was two degrees out side. I knew it wasn’t because the multifunction computer in the car had said it was 23 degrees outside. Of course the wind was blowing, and therefore, it felt colder. As we walked in the hostess, who I recognized from her traversing with Jen in the hallways at school looked up at us and smiled at Jen. What I didn’t know was that Katie also knew her. They shared three classes together.

“Welcome to Max and Erma’s, how many in your party?” Asked the hostess, who was wearing a white button down shirt and a pair of black slacks, her long brown hair was tied up in a bun. She had a name tag pinned to whose name tag read ‘Amber’

“Four,” Mom said smiling. Amber grabbed four menus, and then Amber said to me,

“You look familiar; do you go to South Ridge High?”

“No, I go to Oakville High.” I responded as we approached the booth we were going to sit in.

“Oh, I like Katie’s and your outfits.”

“Thanks,” I said smiling. Katie sat down and scooted into the booth.

“Are the locks functional?” Amber asked staring at the lock at the collar of my sweater.

“Yes,” I said sitting and maintaining her gaze, “and the keys are at home.” I said. Amber glanced at her gold watch.

“I go on break in ten minutes, do you mind if I come back and we can chat?” she asked. I glanced at the others seated around the table, they were just smiling.

“Not at all,” I said smiling. Amber smiled as the waitress came up to greet us. One thing I have never understood about the restaurant industry was why you always get greeted to the extent of three or four times.

“Hi, I’m Erica, I’ll be your server today, and can I get you any thing to drink?” I recognized her from my lunch period. I didn’t even know she worked here.

“I’ll have water” My mom answered, it was then Jen’s turn.

“I’ll have a Sprite” Jen answered.

“I’ll have a Sprite also.” I answered.

“I’ll have water” Katie answered.

“Okay, two waters and two sprites. I’ll be back in a few to get your orders, and by the way, I like your outfits.” Erica said nodding toward Katie and I. As she walked away, I glanced at Katie who was grinning.

“What?” I asked

“Your doing this like a natural, like you’ve done this for your entire life.” Katie responded smiling. I smiled back.

“This is a play, the world is my stage.” I responded. Erica came back, carrying a tray of drinks. Erica put the drinks on the table.

“Here are your drinks. Are those locks functional?” Erica asked me.

“Yes they are. I can’t take my outfit off with out the keys which are at home.” Erica got a sudden twinkle in her eye.

“What all on your outfit is locked?” Erica asked, while flipping her papers to jot our orders down.

“My sweater, skirt, and boots.” I replied sticking my foot out so she could see my boot. She glanced down and smiled.

“I’ve always wanted a pair of shoes or boots like that. Now, what do you want for dinner?”

“I’ll have a plain burger and fries.” I replied smiling. The order sounded pretty much the same all the way around the table. I mean what more do you expect when you have four girls out to eat. I slipped my hand into Katie’s, and she smiled. I looked at Katie and she absentmindedly played with the lock in the keyhole opening of her sweater. I leaned over and kissed her on the cheek.

“Morgan,” Mom started, “Are you having fun with your punishment yet?” she asked. Jen and Katie were smiling. The look on my face must have said it all. “I can see that this is not a punishment to you. What was that about this being a play and the world as your stage?”

“Earlier when we were going to the mall, Katie reminded me of the play I was in last year, if you recall, I wore skirts and dresses around the house for three months to get ready, even going as far as wearing them out to places with you and Jen when we went some where other than where we normally shop, I replied to Katie after she told me to think of the world as my stage and this as a play, that that is exactly what it is.”

“That’s a good way to think about it. You and Katie are going to go shopping tomorrow by your selves. Katie, I want Morgan to pick out what she wants. Morgan, you can have five pair of pants. No more, they are to be obviously feminine, and you can only wear them when you ask me first. Now, what movie are you guys going to go see tonight?” I looked at Katie, who looked at me.

“What do you–-“we both started at the exact same time.

“I don’t know what’s playing” Katie said to me with a smile. “Let’s go shopping instead.” I shrugged.

“Ok,” I said smiling. Somehow I knew there was going to be a little bit more than shopping going on. “I’ll drive.” I said looking at mom after looking at Katie. Mom frowned. I had just gotten my drivers license in July, but had never driven in heels.

“No, you won’t” Mom said looking at me. “Not until you and Katie have gone to the school’s parking lot and you’ve learned how to drive in heels. Furthermore,” Mom paused looking around, “your legal documents, all have your male name on them, you’ve already been reenrolled at school as Morgan. But you can’t drive with out a driver’s license, and yours says Josh, not Morgan. So therefore you’re not driving.” Mom said. I looked at her and pouted. I liked to drive.

“But, Mom, Technically I’m still Josh; I’m pretending to be Morgan. I’ve talked to some one on the Internet who has been stopped for driving her car while she was dressed. The car was registered to the male name, and she was able to prove that she was he.” I said.

“How by lifting up her skirt?” Jen asked.

“She didn’t provide details.” I replied looking at Jen. Amber grabbed a chair and sat at the end of the booth. She had a salad in a bowl in her hands. I looked at her.

“How did you get your food already? I asked looking at the salad.

“I put my order in the computer just before Erica put yours in. She’ll be out in a second.” Just as Amber finished talking Erica popped out of the kitchen holding a tray of food. This was happening like it was scripted and that worried me. Erica sat our food down and then came back with more drinks.

“Katie, where are the keys for your locks?” Amber asked.

“They are inside the front of the waist of Morgan’s skirt that is locked shut, and her mom has the keys.”

“Where did you get the sweaters, and boots?”

“Ask her.” I said nodding my head back to Katie.

“I had them custom made.” Katie replied between bites. Amber’s eyes got wide, and a smile broke on her face.

“I want a dress that locks so I can have my boyfriend hold the keys, or I can put them in water in the freezer and then wait till it thaws to take the dress off.”

“I’ll see what I can do.” Katie replied, “Get with me sometime on Monday.”

“Ok.” She replied glancing at her watch. “I have to get back to work. Have fun.” She winked at me. I finished what I could of my food. By the time I finished every one else was done and ready to go. We got up and mom went and paid, Katie, Jen and I were back in the car with it warming up, I was shivering because it was in the lower thirties, Katie started shivering also so I cuddled up to her to combine our body heat, unfortunately, our body heat was not much of a match for the cold interior of the car. Even after the car had warmed up we stayed sitting in the back seat with me holding her in my arms. Mom walked up to the car and got in.

“Where are you guys going to go shopping?” Mom asked putting the car in gear and backing out of the parking spot.

“Probably over to Oakville to make sure that no one recognizes Morgan.” Katie said.

“Ok,” Mom started, “Are you staying over tonight?” She directed the question at Katie.

“Yes. I’ll swing by my house before we go shopping and clothes for tomorrow.” Katie said, slightly lifting her head from my chest. “Hun, you need boobs.”

“What was that?” Jen turned smiling.

“I said Morgan needs boobs” Katie said, returning the smile. I saw mom smile in the mirror.

“I’ll work on that tomorrow.” Mom responded.

“We bought B cup bras today,” I volunteered, thinking she might need that info. I knew that was needed because the school had to purchase a pair of breast forms. I wore a simple denim skirt, black sweater, white panties, bra, and tights for the play. I was self conscious for the last three weeks when I was wearing the similar outfits every day. It was weird walking among my classmates in a skirt. I got a lot of support from the girls, most of who were in pants, but they seemed to appreciate the fact that here I was a guy, and I was willing to wear a skirt, to school nonetheless, and I made a lot of friends during the eight weeks we were in practices. The first time I walked on stage wearing a skirt, I felt as if every one could see right up it. After a few days of wearing the same thing or similar on stage, I kind of started acting like a girl. Eventually, I was so confident that I started going by my stage name in all of my classes and at home because I was not wearing pants at any point. I even learned how to do makeup, although it was just the basics.

“Ok, I’ll get you a pair of B cup sized forms tomorrow. I want you two to be home by midnight, any later you both are in trouble.” Mom said making the turn into the driveway from the street.

up
147 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Morgan confuses me, first

Morgan confuses me, first she is worried abut being "outed", then she is not. Katie wants to go shopping in Oakville so people won't know who Morgan is, yet Katie, Jen, Morgan and her Mother all went to eat at a place when many of the girls from Morgan's school work and probably know her. I'm lost. J-Lynn

Morgan mistake

First I need to say, I like the story. BUT....you knew that was coming, right?It is kind of jumpy and confusing. He HAS to know that the shoes were locked on. I'm sure they did not look like any normal buckle for a shoe. If he screws up, his punishment will be extended, so his sister calls Mom and she has already set it up with school for him to go to school wearing the clothes instead of extending as promised. Is this faith in his screw up ability or what. He is afraid to go out, but they go to a fancy restuarant where he is sure to be known? The kid and the whole family are just moving right along to make him wear the clothes all the time, and to ensure that everyone knows it. There HAS to be someone to give him a ration over it, somewhere. Nothing can go this smoothly. It may seem I am knocking things, but maybe some explanations as they go would be a help. here it is the third episode and we learn he was in a play and wore the clothes all the time and answered to a female stage name. So maybe they have been planning this outing for quite a while, and have just stepped in with prepared formats as they go in response.

Anwsers are in future chapters...

Some of it will get anwsered in chapter 7 which I'm currently working on. Katie is starting to put two and two together and will get four out of her mental math.

Kayla

I just hope that....

KevSkegRed's picture

.....Katie's mental math is better than Morgan's. Surely if Morgan wears 5 inch heels and is 5'5" that would make her 5'10" and if Katie wears 4" heels at 5'3" that would make her 5'7" and so she would be 3 inches shorter than Morgan.

Kev [Ρĥàńŧāśĩ»ßő™], Skeg Vegas, England, UK.

KevSkegRed, Skeg Vegas, England, UK.

PUNISHMENT ??

ALISON

What punishment?Josh/Morgan is as happy as a dog with
two tails.One RLT coming up and what about the paperwork from the shrink bewfore school??

ALISON

Nice going Kayla!

Fun story, lots of shopping for girls gear, no forced feminisation, Morgan loves it and he gets his favourite girl as well.

What more could a guy want?

LoL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita