Do You Believe In Magic? Chapter 9

Printer-friendly version

Yasmine couldn’t believe tonight Lydia and Ryder were going to allow her to attend a New Moon coven circle meeting tonight. They said if she did good on this, she’ll be allowed to attend a Full Moon circle. A new robe had been made for her and her instructor Carmen was going to be in the circle tonight with her. Since Carmen was a High Priestess of her own circle, she would be standing on Ryders right tonight in the circle.

Yasmine had gone out with Lily and clear away all the debris in the circle area. She helped Lily cleanse and purified it like they did her training room. She helped setup the altar and the candles for the quarters. She checks the incense burner and charcoal brick for the sandalwood and frankincense incense mixture. The fire pit in the middle of the circle was stock with wood to burn during the New Moon ritual.

Normally the circle had thirteen members in it on a regular base, but tonight they were going to have fifteen people in the circle. She takes a nice soothing bath with her bath water filled with magical energies from Lily, Carmen and her mother. There was a glow to the water as she slides down into it. She could feel their energies mixing with the ones inherit in her body and enhancing her femininity which made her feel closer to all three women and to the female spirit that made her.

Lily, Carmen, Ryder and Lydia went down to the circle first to cast the circle and call the four quarters. Yasmine could feel the Earth as it gave of itself as the magical energies flowed into the circle to form it. As far away as she was from the circle she could feel the magical energies in and around the circle. She shivers as a cold wind blows in from the East. She feels the heat as flames jumped from Ryders hand onto the candle. She felt the moisture pulled from the air when the West quarter was called and the warmth and smell of flowers from the North quarters.

When it was her turn to enter the circle, she could see the doorway that had been cut to allow others into the circle.

Ryder points his athame at Yasmine heart “how do you enter the circle?”

“With perfect love and perfect trust in my heart.” She had felt his power and it was like a nuclear furnace as he challenged her.

Once everyone was inside the circle. Yasmine watches as Ryder seals the doorway he had made for everyone to enter through. She watches as the magical energies that had been cut away fill in the doorway. She also notices that Ryder walks clockwise back to his spot in the circle left to right.

“Tonight, we have a special guest visiting us from the Silver Moon Coven. High Priestess Dancing Deer will be substituting for our High
Priestess Lady Aerona tonight.”

Carmen walks around like Ryder did and takes Aerona’s spot as she walks towards the spot vacated by Carmen. The lesson tonight was simple, but informative. It was all about centering and grounding. Yasmine knew what to do because of her mother and Carmen. The others did too, but some hadn’t gotten their grounding perfect and Yasmine could feel it. She had sent some of her power out and felt that they weren’t properly ground.

Ryder gives her that fatherly look which all dads have when they notice their children doing something they shouldn’t be doing. Yasmine just smiles at him and bat her pretty eyes.

Ryder just smirks as he monitors others in the circle. Yasmine sends her astral self out of her body and look down at everyone. She could see them sending their magical conduit down into the Earth to ground any energies sent towards them. As she looks at her father and Carmen she could see power. There was some strong power between the three of them. She felt her mother’s magical power mixed with Ryder’s. Which made sense, since the two of them were married and combined their magical energies. You could tell the difference in the male and female energies between them. It was a perfect balance between the two of them.

Once the lesson was done and everyone was back to normal per say. Yasmine felt the quarters release and watched as Ryder and Carmen release the energies. It returned to the earth from which it came. Yasmine felt energized and brimming with magical energies after everything was said and done. They had set out a feast for afterward the circle meeting.

All the members of the coven have gotten use to Yasmine and enjoyed having her around. She brought life back to the coven because of how young she was. Most of the members in the coven were in their late twenties and mid-thirties. There were a few that were in their forties, but not older than that. Since Yasmine looked to be about ten years old, all of them felt that she needed to be educated and taught the way they were.

Yasmine didn’t mind, because she had never experience what it was like to be in a group like this. Her days normally consisted of coming home from school, playing either on her computer or reading her the comics online or even playing her PS3. Her parents were never home or around and if they were they kept to themselves.

Yasmine walks over and sits on her mother’s lap and lean against her.

“Did you enjoy yourself tonight?” Lydia wraps her arms around Yasmine’s body and holds her.

“Yes, ma’am I did. I never knew or experience anything like this. They never showed anything like this when I use to watch all my favorite witch movies and shows.”

“Well, now you see why that spirit sent you to us. This way you learn how to use magic responsibly.”

“Well, I’m happy that I have you, Lily, and Ryder as my parents.”

Yasmine just closes her eyes and place her hands-on Lydia’s as she held her close to her.

up
275 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos