A Mother's Love - Vol. 1.08

Printer-friendly version
breastfeeding.jpg
          
"Don't you recognise me?" I asked.

"No," he replied.

"Don't you know your son-in-law?" I asked.

"But you're a woman, I just saw your, well you know," he stated.

 

A Mother's Love - Part 8

by Alys

Part 8


 

I laid Bekka down gently in the travel cot. I breathed a quiet sigh of relief as, after a little whimper, she resumed her peaceful sleep.

I was so exhausted, physically and emotionally, after the journey and the revelations about Mary that I just wanted to lie on the bed and crash out, without bothering to change my clothes. I forced myself to take off my dress, my tights, my bra and pants. I looked around for my suitcase for my PJ's.

There was no sign of my suitcase.

Strange thoughts of someone having broken into the house while we were at the hospital to steal my stuff came to mind. A sudden cold breeze rushed through the window, flickering the thin curtains and touching me with a chilling caress. I felt goosebumps forming on my skin and my nipples begin to harden.

Where was my suitcase?

I looked under the bed, without any success and then my exhausted, barely functioning brain remembered.

It was still downstairs in the living room. I hadn't brought it up with the travel cot. I considered my options. I didn't want to put my dirty clothes back on. I didn't want to walk round the house naked. I looked around the room for something suitable to wear.

I spotted a small pile of clean clothes on a chair next to the wardrobe in the room. I carefully looked through them and near the bottom found a blue nightdress with a bodice that looked like it would give me some support. I pulled it over my head and, after adjusting it a little, found it a mostly comfortable, if slightly tight, fit. I quickly took out some clean nursing pads from my bag, inserted them in the appropriate places and finally got into bed.

Sleep came within seconds.

What seemed like seconds later, but according to the clock was nearly four hours, my precious daughter was practising her human alarm clock routine. To avoid her cries waking Andrea I sleepily rolled out of bed and picked her up. I stuffed my finger in her mouth to suck while I worked out how to free the source of my hungry child's midnight snack from the bodice of my nightdress. After a few seconds of contortions I realised that the only answer was to push everything down to completely expose my upper body.

The only good thing about sitting up in bed, bare breasted, at around 2am, was that the cool night air coming in through the window stopped me falling asleep again. It was very much an auto feed. I was glad when Bekka had had enough and went back to sleep. My return to the arms of Morpheus took seconds again.

I felt the warm sun on my face. I opened an eye. The morning sunlight was pouring through a narrow gap in the curtains and illuminating my face. I had a strange feeling of confusion about the room that I was in. It looked so unfamiliar. Where were my familiar posters on the wall. The walls were such a different colour. Where was I?

"Waaaaaaaaa.......waaaaaa," the voice of Bekka waking and wanting my attention pulled me back into the reality of where I was. At the same time I became aware of a wetness on the front of my body. I jumped out of bed, quickly stripped off my wet nightdress. I picked up my daughter, quickly changed her, and then sat back in bed, putting her to my naked breast.

I felt much more comfortable with the central heating having warmed up the bedroom nicely. I pressed the radio button on the clock radio in the room. The station 'ident' was just being repeated.

"This is Classic FM, and time for some early morning Mozart, the Vienna Symphony Orchestra with the overture to the Marriage of Figaro," said the relaxed announcer.

"Great", I said to myself, " Mary's favourite too, I hope you like it sweetie," I continued as I stroked Bekka's head gently.

"and they say it'll make you a genius," I whispered to my daughter, as she suckled, thinking about the disputed Mozart effect on intellectual development*.

"Mary! You're home, it's a miracle that you have...." came a voice that was fairly familiar, as the door to my bedroom was opened wide.

In the door frame stood the smartly suited figure of George James, Mary's father. He had stopped in mid sentence and was staring at me, first my face and then my naked breasts and then back to my face. My face flushed with myembarrassment and I reacted without thinking and covered my breasts with my free arm.

"Oh you're not Mary, I'm so sorry I thought you were my daughter, that is one of her favourite pieces of music, she's very ill you know, sorry to disturb you feeding your baby, are you one of Mary's friends?" he asked while averting his eyes from my upper body.

"Don't you recognise me?" I asked.

"No," he replied.

"Don't you know your son-in-law?" I asked.

"But you're a woman, I just saw your, well you know," he stated.

"It is me George, didn't anyone tell you about me having to feed Bekka?" I asked.

"Oh yes I can see now, of course, I'm sorry Steve, I'm not sure I took it all in when Andrea told me. This is all a bit confusing," he rambled.

"Why don't you make a pot of tea, and I'll come down and explain everything when I've finished feeding Bekka," I suggested.

George was grateful for the excuse to leave, "Yes that's a good idea, to tell you the truth I'm a bit parched myself. Only got in from Berlin an hour ago." he said before leaving me in peace to complete my morning baby bonding.

Some fifteen minutes later I was sitting in the kitchen table opposite George, drinking a refreshing cuppa. I had found a skimpy, fairly translucent, dressing gown to wear and a pair of panties to hold in something else that dangled. Having a somewhat fuller bust than my wife, due to the breast feeding, I was aware that my female curves were enhanced by my attire.

I enjoyed the obvious discomfort that George obviously felt in my presence as I explained the details of my having to feed Bekka.

"Yes I can understand the why and how but I still don't get why you look so female" he commented.

"It's amazing how clothes, hairstyles and make up can alter completely how someone is perceived," I replied.

"Still you are very brave to do this all for Bekka"

"Yes he is, isn't he?" asked Andrea from the entrance to the kitchen.

George and Andrea embraced and then she reminded me that we needed to leave soon to make it to the hospital to visit Mary and hopefully catch her doctors to discuss any possible treatment options.

I quickly showered and dried my hair. Andrea helped me with my make-up and then chose a pretty, low cut, black dress, that was styled in such a way that my lack of female hips was concealed. I was surprised that she wanted me to be exposed so much. She explained that it would take peoples' attention from my face and then no one was likely to question my assumed gender.

"This looks tighter on you than it used to look on Mary," Andrea said after checking that I looked good enough.

"Yes, the few things of hers that I've had to wear, they're mostly a bit tight here," I said indicating my boobs.

Andrea suddenly sat down on an armchair.

"My son-in-law now has larger breasts than my daughter, that is beyond strange," she said looking at the picture on her window ledge, of Mary and I on our wedding day.

"Yes, Andrea," said George," sometimes the changes in society since we were young are hard to comprehend"

In a moment Andrea had recovered her composure and we were on our way to the hospital.

We entered the ward and made our way to the nurses' station.

A middle aged Filipino woman was sat at the desk. She looked surprised to see us, since eight twenty in the morning wasn't a normal visiting time. George explained who we were.

"Ah Miss James, of course, open visiting for her," she responded, after checking the details on her computer. The reference to Mary's maiden was like a dagger to the heart. As if we had never had a marriage. Those precious times together discarded.

"How is she?" I asked.

"I'm sorry she did not have a good night, she was crying a lot, mostly awake I think," she replied.

The nurse, whose name tag said Rosa, suddenly noticed something on the computer. She read it carefully.

"You are Miss James's sister?" she asked, strangely.

"Yes," I replied confirming my assumed identity, wondering why the nurse would be asking.

"Miss James has made a request of you," she said looking at me in an embarrassed way.

"Yes, what is it?" I asked in trepidation.

"I'm sorry to tell you this but she has asked that you don't visit her," she said tersely, " and she doesn't want to see your baby either"


To Be Continued...

 
End of Part Eight

up
128 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Oh no!

Angharad's picture

How can Mary be so cruel to herself and Steve and Baby Bekka?

Oh Alys, you're breaking my heart!

Cofleidiau,

Angharad

Angharad

Alys, This Is A Great Chapter And I Must Admit

That I was hoping for a different decision on her part. This story is unique in all of Big Closet. There are no other stories like this here. You have truly opened up new vistas.
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Has Mary gone mad?

I know she wants to die. I know she feels guilty about her infidelity just before her marrage that gave her AIDS but to deny her marrage and to request her husband and her child not visit her is more than selfish, it is cruel. I hope the nurse will NOT respect her wishes.

Her husband is risking his ever being a man again to feed their child. They could have used a special formula for her, he need not have made himself a female wetnurse and risked being assaulted as a fag or worse. Mary may be terminal but she is doing them no favors.

If she is tring to be noble she is failing miserably. I admit her mind may not be working properly but still ... Those stupid girls who got her in this terminal predicament need to read her the riot act AND they need to help her husband. I fear Mary will die without ever saying goodbye to her loved ones and her husband will be forced inch-by-inch into becoming a SRS woman even though he never was TG.

Mary needs to do the right thing before she dies. I wish she could be saved but in this story's universe -- I assume essentaly the real universe -- there is no cure.

John in Wauwatosa

This is so sad and too real. Great stuff.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

great work

i agree with everything you say. she doesnt intend on hurting anyone she is ashamed and punishing herself. It hurts her husband and will hurt her child when she grows older and understands but thats not her intention.
this is great work

I don't understant John?

Frank's picture

Why would he undergo SRS? He's ably feeding the baby now, and when she is weaned can go off the hormones and get back most of his manhood...with somethings extra on top obviously, but he can deal with that over time. Right now I see his dressing as being practical more than any hidden feelings.

Damn, this IS a good story regardless :)

Hugs

Alexis

Hugs

Frank

Okay, valid question. Here I go

SRS is one possible outcome of his having to be the mother for their child.

Say she weans her at two years. By then she will be used to seeing and thinkig of dad as her mom. He can go off the hormones and if everything is okay his male potency will return BUT he has breasts and other feminizing charactersistics that won't go away fast or ever. It will take surgery to eliminate the breasts and to make the nipples normal for a man. Some of his neighbors and co workers will only have known him as a woman. There will likely be some social and work related difficulties.

The big problem is the child. Mommy going for surgery and coming back as Daddy may confuse or even traumatize the child. Plus he will get well meaning people trying to convince him he's better off as a woman. Plus as the baby grows up, if word gets out she was breastfed by her dad, the young girls time in school will be a nightmare. The preasure to stay a woman "just a a few months more" for his daughter's sake will be strong.

If he reacts more strongly to the hormones than expected or if they give him the wrong prescription, he might not be able to return to being a man. I hope he is being frequently tested for unwanted and dangerous side effects. Plus won't the hormones over time make his thought processes more female? And there is always the risk of his being assaulted by a homophobe.

As I see it a bad outcome for him returning to being a male is a not insignificant risk. Perhaps he is tring too hard to do this on his own but those girls who got Mary in this mess need to go what they can to get her out of her funk and fight to stay alive for her husband and child AND they need to help him. They owe Mary at least that.

I hope for the best. I hope Mary will recover and live long enough for her daughter to know her and to help get her husband a good new wife. I fear she will die soon, and her husband's and daughter's lives will be full of heartbreak.

Great work as usual.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

:-( Not again. :-(

I know Mary can get away with this... But who does she really think she's helping? Herself? Fooey. Certainly not Steve. And, Becka probably doesn't care, as long as she's warm, clean and well fed at this point. :-)

Is Mary afraid she'll find a reason to want to live or something? Is she grasping at straws to drive away Steve so he won't be hurt watching her gradual (or not so gradual) deterioration?

Frustrating, devistating, painful...

Well, I'm still looking forward to the next episode!

Annette

Have A Litttle Faith

joannebarbarella's picture

I am sure Alys will come up with a satisfactory and sympathetic explanation for Mary's apparently callous reaction. Remember you are looking at fallible human beings in the most stressful situation imaginable,
Joanne

I Think Steve Won't Be Deterred

jengrl's picture

Mary thought she could make him mad enough to give up on her, but I think he has the strength of character to stand on his wedding vows until the end. She is still one of the most selfish people if she cannot accept that he has true love and devotion for her. I really hope that Steve won't bend to Mary's self pity party and hang in there. Please don't let her own selfish attitude win. It is already a terrible and tragic situation.

Hugs,

Jenn

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

My few "cents"

Why shouldn't Mary do this or that? The answers aren't always logical in life (and sometimes the questions can be rather confusing too). In my opinion there is no need for explanation - if Mary doesn't want to see her child or Steve that is simply her decision. She can also change her mind, but as she had already tried to cut Steve out of her life it might not happen.

We'll just have to wait what the author has for us...

Hugs,
Sissy Baby Paula and Snowball (my toy puppy)

Not just 'her' decision

This is not some coworker or casual acquaintence, this is her husband and baby. The parameters change when you get married. The traditional wedding vows say: "to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part."

She likely took an oath very similiar to this when she and Steve got married, and it is an oath. It sounds to me as if Steve is making good on his end of the deal, she needs to also. She is being incredibly selfish, trying to hide from her responsibilities. And being sick doesn't release her from those responsibilities.

If Steve was trying to run out on his responsibilities as a husband and father because Mary cheated on him and got sick as a result, we'd all be condemning him as being a cad or worse, and rightly so. Well, the shoe is on the other foot here, but the same standards apply.

Karen J.

"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose"
Janis Joplin


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Sounds to me like Mary is

Sounds to me like Mary is acting much like Gaby's Mum,Jenny, was doing when she told her family she was leaving them for another man when she found out she had severe cancer. She was supposedly "helping" her family, yet all she wound up doing is hurting them.
Mary seems to be much the same way right now, "leave me alone and never see me again as I am not good enough for you."
Thankfully, tho life isn't like that normally. People need others around them for support, be it mental or physical or religious in nature.
I truly hope Mary "comes to the party" and realizes how much she is hurting Steve and her baby; and I hope her Mother and Dad are the ones to tell her so. J-Lynn