Do You Believe In Magic? Chapter 7

Printer-friendly version

Carmen was on her way to talk with the Priest and Priestess of The Ancient Oak Coven. Lately they have been having problems with the HSL and The Hunter organization. Justine had come with her to make sure nothing happened to her. Not that she couldn’t protect herself, but because Dave was taking no chances on her getting hurt again.

“So, did you inform Lydia and Ryder that you were coming?” Justine was stuffing his mouth with a chill dog he had picked up at their last stop.

“What is it with you and chill dogs?” Carmen hasn’t been able to figure out Justine additions to chill dogs.

“I luv chilly dogs, Snowflake.” A mischievous look appears on his face.

Carmen just shakes her head “I hate it when you call me Ice Queen, Snowflake, Ms. Frost and so on. Also, to answer your question, yes I called and informed them I was on the way.” Carmen was driving Dave’s Jeep Wrangler and didn’t want to have an accident.

“You only hate my little nick names for you when you are tired and or when you know they fit you.” Justine stuff another chilly dog into his mouth.

“I swear if you start farting from eating all those chilly dogs. I will shove a butt plug into you.” Carmen couldn’t believe Justine was on his eighth chilly dog already.

“Promises, promises” Justine stuffs another chilly dog into his mouth.

Carmen watches as the farms goes by and figure they will be pulling into the Quinn’s ranch around eight p.m.

“Mom, why are we setting the table with two extra places?” Yasmin had been asked to set the dining room table for dinner. They were eating a little later than normal.

“Because were expecting two guests from the Bloody Claw Pack tonight, Yasmin. Their shaman and her body guard will be arriving soon.” Lydia had gotten a call from Carmen informing her that her and her body guard were coming out to talk to them about some information pasted onto them about the HSL and Hunter organization.

Yasmin sets the table and brought out two pitchers of tea. She was allowed soda occasionally, but mostly she either drunk water, tea or juice.

Lily brings out a huge salad bowl filled to the brim of freshly made salad. She looks over towards Yasmin.

“Did you bring the salad bowls in kiddo?”

“No one told me we were having salad, Aunt Lily”

Yasmin rushes into the kitchen and grab the salad bowls and forks for everyone. She puts the bowls in front of every one’s plates and add the salad forks to the silver ware already on the table. No sooner does she gets done setting the table again.

“Yasmin, go answer the door. Our visitors have arrived.”

“Yes ma’am.” Yasmin heads towards the front door and opens it just as a middle age man dress in dark blue jeans and a light blue shirt and wearing a black cowboy hat. Behind him stood a woman with a pale complexion, baby blue eyes and shoulder length auburn red hair.
“Hi there youngster, I’m Justine Baker and the walking Ice Queen behind me is Carmen Rogers. I believe your folks are expecting us.” A friendly smile appears on Justine’s face.

“Hi I’m Yasmin. Mom said that you would be arriving. Please, come in.” Yasmin steps aside to let her parent’s friends in. When the red hair lady walks by her, it feels like cold air just breezed by her.

Yasmin shivers when the coldness hits her warm skin.

Carmen had notice the bright red hair girl shivered when she walked by.

“Sorry about that kiddo. I tend to radiate cold.” Carmen closes her eyes and concentrate on bring the field that surrounds her back closer so it doesn’t bother people.

“There, that should do it.” Carmen opens her eyes and look towards Yasmin.

“Go ahead and touch her kiddo.” Justine looks towards Yasmin.

Yasmin reaches forwards and touches Carmen’s exposed skin. She didn’t feel anything other a slight iciness to her skin. Yasmin looks at her.

“What are you?”

“I’m part fey kiddo. My father was a powerful frost fey. So, I inherited some of his species traits.” Carmen smiles at the young girl.

“Carmen, Justine. It’s good to see you again.” Lydia, Lily and Ryder come over to the three of them.

Everyone hugs and shakes hands. “Well, I hope you guys are hungry. I have a nice dinner made for you.”

Carmen glances towards Justin.

“What, I still have room for dinner. I only ate twenty-five chilly dogs.”

Yasmin’s jaw drops “only twenty-five chilly dogs? I can only eat two before I’m full.”

“He’s a were-wolf, Yasmin. When they are in their human forms they normally can pack away about four or five meals to only one that a normal person can eat.” Lily knew Justine didn’t mind his secret being let out. They have been friends for a while.

Yasmin just looks at Justin and notice his eyes flash gold and turned back.

“Is she one as well?” Yasmin was looking at Carmen.

“She wishes she was as cool as me.” Justine was having fun with this little girl.

Carmen just looks at him “you wish. I enjoy being what I am.”

“I can’t become a were-wolf Yasmin. My fey blood won’t allow it.”

“Oh!” Yasmin was surprised at that bit of information.

“Why don’t we all adjourn to the dining room and have some dinner.” Lydia escorts everyone into the dining room.

Yasmin takes her seat next to her mother, while Carmen sits next to her and Justine sits across from her next to Lily. Yasmin couldn’t believe
how much food Justine was putting on his plate.

Carmen leans next to Yasmin when she notices Yasmin watching him.

“Trust me kiddo, you don’t want to be around him later. He’s worse than a garbage disposal. He’ll eat that and come back sniffing for more.” Carmen winks at her.

Lydia shakes her head. She couldn’t believe the way Carmen and Justine were behaving in front of Yasmin.

“Oh, come on Lydia. It’s all in good nature. I trust Justine with my life and so does Dave. You know how important I am to Dave himself.”

“I know Carmen. He sees you as his daughter.”

Ryder and Lily had been quiet and watching their friends. It’s been a while since they have seen each other. The last time had been a pagan festival where Carmen’s coven the Silver Moon coven had come.

Small talk is made during the meal and Yasmin just watches as Justine packs the food away. Yasmin helps clearing the table and putting the dirty dishes in the dishwasher. Afterwards she is sent upstairs to get ready for bed.

up
247 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos