The Spanish Flower Chapter 14

Printer-friendly version

Don Juan Carlos got in late after coming from his meeting with Jack down in Mexico. Jack had sent him pictures showing the death of the Cartel leader and the destruction of his crops, building and everything else he had. He even showed the picture of his head on a stake right where the road went into the cartels compound. Juan leans back in his chair and thinks about how he wanted to explain to his daughter how he didn’t know about her till recently. He had one more thing to do before he turned in for the night.

Renata had woken-up from a nightmare she had. Jesse was facing the other way. She gets out of bed and slips her night robe on. She slips her feet into her slippers and quietly walk out of her bedroom. She has come to love this place. Renata heads down to the kitchen to grab some juice. She forgot to tell Zoe that she would like to keep some upstairs in her room in a mini-fridge.

As Renata walks into the kitchen, she notices a man she hadn’t seen before in there.

“Hello, I didn’t think anyone else was awake.”

Don Juan had been surprised to see Renata in the kitchen. He had seen pictures of her, but she looked better in real life.

“I just got in and decided to fix myself something. I’m Carlos by the way.” He extends his hand out to her.

“I’m Renata. Nice to met you.” She shakes his hand.

“Carlos” He returns the handshake.

“So, why are you up?” Carlos had finish making his sandwich.

“Would you like one?”

“No thank you. I would like a juice if you don’t mind.”

Renata watches as Carlos puts the fixing for the sandwich away.

Carlos grabs a juice and hands it to her.

“Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.”

Renata takes a sip of her juice.

“About a year ago I was almost killed. Just recently I was shot as well. The first time I was shot, I was lucky that a dead body fell on top of
me and covered me up so the people who did the shooting thought I was dead. The second time I was shot was because someone was doing a drive by shooting and got me at the same time as their intended target. In total I have been shot three times.” Renata shivers when she thinks about it.

“When was the third time?” Don Carlos wanted to know.

“Actually, it was the second time. The drive by was my third. I was kidnapped along with Jesse by some Cartel thugs and on the way to their headquarters or compound. They came under attack and while Jesse and I were trying to escape. A bullet whizzed by my arm and gave me a flesh wound, instead of how I was shot the other two times.”

Renata takes another sip of her juice.

“Sounds like you have had a hard life.”

“It’s had its ups and downs. I just wish I didn’t had to go in hiding like I am. Don’t get me wrong, I love this place. The problem is, now I don’t have my career. Jesse doesn’t have his job anymore and we have to be careful when we leave the property.”

“What do your parents think about all this?” Carlos wanted to see what Renata knew.

“My parents don’t want to have anything to do with me. They don’t agree with my life style. Heck, my father who my mom tries to get me to say is my father isn’t. I wish I knew who my real father is.”

Renata didn’t know why she was telling this man her life story.

“Maybe one day you’ll met him and the two of you can build a friendship together. He might not know that you exist.”

“Maybe, but I would like to know what happen and why he doesn’t. Was it my mother’s doing or did he not want me?” Renata would like to know that answer.

“I can’t image any father not wanting to know he has children. Especially, if that child is his very first child. Maybe, your mother hide your birth from him, because she had cheated on him with another man. He might not have believed you were his at first. However, looking at you I bet he would realize you were his. I also bet he would do everything he could to make sure you were safe. Even if it meant taking care of that Cartel guy that wants you dead. I know if you were my daughter, I would want you to be part of my life now.”

Renata looks at Carlos and wonders if he knows her.

“If I was your child and you found out I was transgender. How would you feel?”

“If you were my child, I wouldn’t care. I have visited a lot of different places in my life and met a lot of different people. I would never try to judge any one’s life style or choice. I wouldn’t judge my own child’s choice. I would just make sure they were sure of their choice.”

Renata was watching his facial features to see if he was lying. Something was telling her he knew something about her.

“Do you have any children of your own?”

“I didn’t know I had a child till recently.”

Don Juan was wondering if Renata has caught on yet.

“How recently?”

“I think you already the answer to that question Renata. I didn’t know you existed till a month ago. I saw a picture of you on the web from a
gay bar website that you sung at. I started digging into your past and discover that your mother was pregnant with you when she left me for the guy who is your step-father.”

“You mean you’re my father? My real father?” Renata was surprised.

“Yes, I Don Juan Carlos am your father, your real father. Come with me to my office Renata.”

Don Juan Carlos escorts Renata to his office. The one room Renata saw the door never open at all since she has been here. As she walks in, she notices the room had an old-world Spanish charm to it.

“Please sits down.” Carlos motions to the huge leather chairs in front of his desk.

He walks around and sits down behind the desk.

“I was kind of hoping to wait till morning to speak to you about this, but now is just as good.”

“So, you didn’t know you had a child? My mother never told you she had been pregnant with me when she left you?”

“None. Like I said, it wasn’t till a month ago I found out about you. Yes, I know you use to be a male, but didn’t feel you had been born in the right body. It doesn’t matter to me. I think your happier as a woman. You have a boyfriend that loves you and wants to marry you. Which I believe congratulations are in order. I also want you to know that you have nothing to fear about that Cartel leader bothering you ever again.
A friend of mine took care of him personally. That same Cartel leader made the mistake of threatening his family and him. So, he delivered a message so the rest of them know not to bother to avenge him.”

“Sounds like your friend is someone not to mess with.”

“He isn’t someone to toy with or mess with. He takes things personal and he never backs down. He will continue to come after you till he kills you. As a friend, he is the most loyal person you can ask for and he will do anything for you.”

“I would like to meet him one day.”

“You can invite him to your wedding.”

“I’ll think about it. Now getting back to us. Why, didn’t my mother tell me you were my father?”

“Because if she did. She knew I would file to take you away from her. You come from one branch of the Spanish Royal Family. As a matter of fact, you look just like your great grandma. I’m surprised you didn’t notice the picture hanging in the main library.”

“I didn’t explore it like some of the other rooms.”

“Well, that was the reason she didn’t want you to be taken. Also, I think she was hoping that the man who became your step-father was your father and not me. As you got older, I bet she notice you didn’t take after him at all, but your sister and brother did, didn’t they?”

“Yes sir. My little brother and my sister both look like our step-father.”

“All I have done is to give you a new start for your new life. I would like you and your husband to be to stay here and help run the ranch if you’re interested. Also, you can continue your music career if you want to.”

“Can I think about it and talk with Jesse?” Renata covers a yawn up.

“I think that’s a reasonable request. Why don’t you head back to bed and we’ll talk more in the morning?”

“Okay”

Renata gets up and walks around the desk and gives Don Juan a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

“Thank you, Daddy.”

Don Juan just smirks as he watches Renata leave his office. He waits a few minutes and then heads to bed himself.

up
201 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Awwwwww !!

Sweet ending to the chapter. Please continue the story. Love the other stories you are writing too.

When life throws tomatoes at you, make spaghetti sauce.

Awwwww! Nothing like a late

Awwwww! Nothing like a late night talk to sometimes make the new day coming shine bright and warm. Renata seems to have finally won the lottery in her short life. A new daddy, a soon to be new husband, and finding out she is from an old Spanish royal family. All in all, not too bad indeed.