WildFire Chapter 7

Printer-friendly version

“Well, we have your stage look now. It goes well with Sirens look. Now we need to come up with a name for you.”

Dusk and Sasha were standing before Rose looking at the look Dusk had created for Rose when she performs on stage with the band and next to Siren.

“Let’s see. We could play on her name like Thorny Rose, Silver Rose, bumble Rose…” Dusk had a mischievous look on her face when she says that.

“or Irish Rose, Wild Rose, Fire Rose?” Sasha walks around Rose and stares at the costume/stage clothes and Rose’s platinum blonde hair and amber eyes.

“Clio?”

Dusk turns towards Sasha and then back towards Rose. She looks hard at Rose and the costume.

“You know Sasha, that might work. She might not play an instrument, but it fits her.”

Dusk walks around Rose one more time and stops next to Sasha.

Rose looks at the women with a puzzled look on her face “what’s Clio?”

“Not a what, but a who. Clio is from Greek mythology and is known as a muse of history or in a few mythological accounts, the muse of lyre playing. That’s why we said you don’t play an instrument, but still her name suits you. She was also one of Apollo’s 9 muses and we all know he is the Greek God of healing, music and so own. Clio and Siren, it fits. Where Sasha’s stage name Wildfire describes her wildness and her pyro tendencies burning out of control. My stage name Dusk describe the eve of night and day which a lot of our music borders on several genres of style and sound. Your stage name also goes with Sirens name, because well she’s name after a Greek mythological creature as well.”

Dusk watches Rose as she thinks about what she just said. She knew her studies in Greek mythology would come in handy one day.

“It does fit her.”

Sasha had been thinking about what Dusk had said and she had to agree with her friend that Rose’s new stage name fit her.

“You know we are going to have to do a press conference announcing our new singer and have new photos taken.” Dusk looks towards Sasha when she says that.

“Well, that’s Teddy’s department. He handles all the business deals and press releases, after me and Siren approves them. I can make an appointment with Barbara to come and do the pictures for us. She’s been bugging me and Siren for new band pictures.”

Rose had been standing quietly listening to Dusk and Sasha talking. She knew Teddy because he was their manager, but she didn’t know who Barbara was.

“How has your new Gothic store been doing since she did the pictures for you?”

Sasha remembered Dusk hiring Barbara to do shots of the store for her advertisement and for the website.

“Business is booming. I might be able to open a second store at the strip mall down at Conley and Burks Ave. There’s a space there that is bigger than my original store.”

Dusk loved the money she was making. Having the band endorse her business was helping a lot.

“Good, you know Siren will love to hear that. Now, getting back to business.”

Sasha looks towards Rose/Clio.

“We’re going to have to setup some practice time for you with Siren. She will help make your voice stronger so you can sing longer and in harmony with hers and then with all of us.”

Rose couldn’t believe everything that was happening to her. Since yesterday, her life has started changing.

“Are we still practicing tonight?”

Dusk wanted to know, because she might have a date later.

“Yep, we have practice all this week and most of the day on Saturday. Since we are adding Rose to the group we need to bring her up to speed with us for the benefit we are playing next weekend.”

After that, Sasha had a performance of her own she had to put on in Georgia.

“Well, I have to go and meet with my manager and construction guy for the other store. I’ll see you tonight.”
Dusk hugs Rose and Sasha.

“Rose, I’m going to help Dusk. Go ahead and take a shower and change into some normal clothes.”

“Okay, Sasha.”

Rose grabs some of her new clothes and set them aside as she goes and take a shower while Sasha is helping Dusk.

Sasha helps Dusk take everything brought with her back down to her van.

“Hey, Dusk. Have Jack of Hearts meet me at my storage warehouse in about two hours. I’m going to need his help setting a trap.”

Dusk looks at her friend with a puzzled look on her face.

“Why are you setting a trap?”

Sasha tells Dusk everything that happened yesterday.

“Do you need any more help?”

“Nope. I think between me and Richard we can handle everything. After all, were the masters of practical jokes.”

A real evil look appears on Sasha face. As she starts laughing Evilly….

“And you guys say I’m weird.”

"But we still love you."

Dusk just shakes her head.

“Have fun.”

Sasha watches as Dusk drives off and then heads back up to her apartment. She hears the shower going in the bathroom. Sasha starts cleaning up the breakfast dishes while Rose takes a shower.

up
237 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Now why do I believe that the

Now why do I believe that the kidnappers day(s) have just started to get really bad for them? Will be interesting to see what kind of 'trick's and practical jokes Sasha has up her sleeve to use on them.

Taking the bait

Jamie Lee's picture

Rose has to be dumbfounded by all the concern Sasha and the others are showing. Yes she needs a stage costume, but they're buying her street clothes as well. Now if she can shake one nasty uncle and an aunt.

What DOES Sasha have planned for the stupid duo? They're so hungry for money it will be easy to get them to the warehouse. How bad they will be treated once the trap is sprung is another question.

Others have feelings too.