The Spanish Flower Chapter 13

Printer-friendly version

Renata had decided that she wanted to walk around for a little while on her on. Jesse had taken a private tour of the winery. He wanted to know more about it and how much business it did. Renata didn’t want to come with him and just wanted to have some time to herself. Her life had changed so much. She had gone from barely getting by to finding someone to love her for her. Now she was just exploring on her own. Renata finds a nice little hide away where she could come to think and not be bother by the staff on the ranch. As she is sitting there, she watches as some butterflies’ flutter by her. The flowers that were planted near this spot were nice and the area itself was a little cool.

Renata figures someone had planted the different plants around this area to make it a place for a person to relax. She has caught a few people giving her strange looks when she walked by them. She didn’t know why they gave her strange looks, but she does wonder. June had said that their benefactor would be joining them tomorrow. She been wondering who it could be. There weren’t many people she trusted. She did call her sister after Jesse went on his tour. She had told her that she had moved, but couldn’t tell her anything yet. She had also informed her that she was engaged to get married. That sent her sister thru the roof and told her she wanted to be invited to the wedding.

Her sister said she had a big argument with their mother and father about what they did to her. She had said that she couldn’t understand how they could put their stupid religious beliefs before the love of their children. Renata’s sister also told her that it was the people in the church that had put pressure on their parents to force her to leave. It was giving other teenagers that felt like she did ideas that maybe the church was wrong and there was nothing wrong with them. They had talked about what type of wedding Renata would like to have, but not be able to have it. Her sister said if when they set a date to let her know right away so she can plan on coming to the wedding.

Renata missed her sister and her brother. He was doing okay according to her sister, but lately he was hanging around with some fellows that were known to be in gangs. Renata closes her eyes and wish that her younger brother doesn’t end up going to jail or having something bad happening to him. The tour they took of the ranch was impressive. She had enjoyed it and learn, once she was feeling better. There was a gym on the property if she wanted to work out. There was even a dance studio if she wanted to practice her dance moves.

Renata figures she may not be able to do drag shows any more, but that doesn’t mean she couldn’t still dance. Renata watches the clouds as they on by up in the sky. She just felt at peace just sitting and watching the butterflies as they flew this way and that way. She wonders if she would be permitted to get a cat or a little dog. This place would be a good place for something small she could take care of.
Her new cell phone starts beeping. Renata pulls it out of her pocket and checks it. It was a text message from her friend Lady Bird. She was texting to see how she was doing and if she’ll be coming back to work.

Renata returns the text and slip the cell phone back into the pocket on her dress. It had a pocket sewn into it so she could carry her cell phone with her without it being spotted or in her hand. She wonders what the people she used to work with at the diner would think of the place she was staying at. She closes her eyes and lean back and enjoy the peacefulness.

Jesse had gone to check the winery out early this morning. He wanted to know more about it. As he toured the place, his thoughts were on Renata and wonder where she had gotten to. He knew she was still on the ground, because he had checked his new cell phone and it showed here still here. However, it didn’t say where exactly only that she was still her.

He starts looking for her and soon finds her in a hidden secluded spot on the property. She was laying down on the wooden bench she had been sitting on. A smile appears on his face as he watches her sleep. He knew he made the right choice by asking her to marry him. He didn’t want to disturb her, so he sits across from her and just watches over her as she slept. He had to admit that this was a nice place to take a nap at.

Jesse just sit there and think about the wife he would soon have. They hadn’t set a date yet or talked about what type of wedding she wanted. He has been trying to find out who their mysterious benefactor was, but every time he thought he had a clue or information them. His informants or files would disappear. He has been noticing that whenever a member of the staff was around. They gave Renata weird looks. Why he hasn’t been able to find out, but it had something to do with who this ranch belongs too.

June wasn’t much help either. She was keeping quiet on any information relating to their benefactor. All she would tell him was that they would him them tomorrow. That was all. Jesse notices Renata becoming restless. He moves to her side and holds her hand. He knew she had nightmares of the day she had been almost killed. It was something she just couldn’t over come.

Jesse strokes Renata’s long black hair and left her head, so she can use his leg as a pillow. He stays there and just let her sleep.

Jesse felt his shoulder being shaken lightly. He slowly opens his eyes and notice Renata was looking at him.

“Good afternoon sleepy head.” She leans in and gives him a kiss.

He returns the kiss.

“Good afternoon to you as well.”

Renata had awoken when her cell alarm went off reminding her that she needed to do some business with her dilators. She had been startled when she woke up, but calmed down when she notices she had been using Jesse as her pillow. She had watched him as he slept sitting up. She didn’t want to wake him, but she had too because her reminder went off again on her phone.

“Come on sleepy head. I need to take care of business. Why don’t you go and have lunch sent up to our room?” Renata was pulling on Jesse’s arm to pull him up.

Jesse just giggles at Renata antics and gets up. The two of them walk to the nearest door leading inside the main house. Jesse heads for the kitchen to inform Zoe they were having lunch in their room and what they wanted.

Renata rushes upstairs towards their room. She needed to pee and use the dilators as well take some antibiotics and pain pills for her stomach wound.

By the time, Renata gets down with the dilators, Jesse walks in with Zoe behind her with their lunch. Zoe sets their lunch on the small table in their room and leaves afterwards.

up
192 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I wonder........

D. Eden's picture

If Renata and Jessie will find a way to help her brother and sister.

D

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

Pretty soon Jesse will be

Pretty soon Jesse will be taking the place of the dilators. It will be a much more fun time for Renata.
Very sad about Renata's brother, and I do hope that perhaps, if he is told about him, that Jesse may be able to call in some help to "rescue" her brother from the gangs around there.