The Spanish Flower Chapter 10

Printer-friendly version

A week had gone by since Renata ended up in the hospital. Her friends from the club came and visited her while she was in the hospital. They had teased her about the dilators and said if she was feeling that horny, they could find a stud for her to help scratch that itch. Even though a week had gone by and she was using the dilators like she was instructed to. It was both painful and embarrassing. Her stomach wound made it painful.

The doctor told her that she would be spending a few weeks in the hospital recovering from the gunshot wound to her abdomen. On the fifth day, a middle age woman with a long blonde ponytail dress in a form fitting light blue business suit and white blouse enters her hospital room. She was carrying a black leather computer bag with her. Renata couldn’t believe that the dress suit the woman was wearing had come off the shelf. It looked to have been tailored especially for her.

The mysterious woman stops next to Renata’s bed and holds out her hand.

“I’m sorry to intrude on your recovery Ms. Renata Magdaleno, but I thought it was time we met. I’m June Armstrong-Jones and I’m with a private security firm by the name of Black Bird Security that’s been hired to protect you. The person who has hired my firm has asked to remain anonymous. That same person has also asked that once you are given the okay to leave the hospital. That were to transport you and Texas Ranger Baylor to a privately own ranch in California. That way you can recover in peace without worrying about any Cartel members finding you. An associate of mine is already meeting with Texas Ranger Jesse B. Baylor to speak with him and his Captain. I need for you to sign these forms giving me permission to enter your apartment and pack up all your belongings. They will be put in a storage unit not far from where you’ll be staying if you need anything.” June take her IPad from her leather shoulder case for Renata to sign.

Renata didn’t know what to make of this. Who would hire a private security firm to protect her?

“Why would someone I don’t know do this for me?” She was looking at June.

“I don’t know ma’am. I’m not privilege to that information. All I can tell you, is that we did do a background check on the person paying for this and that person has no ties to the Cartel at all. All the cost involved to transport you and Mr. Baylor is being handle by the person that hired us.” June knew the person, but she wasn’t allowed to say who it was.

“Can I wait to talk with Jesse first?” Renata wanted to know what he thought about all this.

“By all means and once you have decided give me a call at this number at any time.” June places the IPad back in her leather case and pull out a business card that had her name, the company name and phone number on it. She hands it to Renata

“There you go. If you need anything, just call that number. That’s by direct line. I’ll leave you now so you can get some rest.” June turns and leaves Renata’s hospital room.

Renata just watches as the mysterious woman leaves her. She glances down at the card and read the information on it. She did know if she should trust this persona and wanted to talk with Jesse about it first, before she did anything. Jesse lays down to take a nap.

The next time she wakes up, Jesse is sitting next to her bed. He looked tired and worn out. Renata knew he has been spending time with her. Staying overnight and barely getting any sleep. She was slowly falling in love with him and hope maybe, just maybe he was with her.

Jesse head Renata moved and knew she was awake. Jesse looks into Renata’s hazel color eyes and couldn’t help to feel h was falling in love with her. He had been thinking about her, ever since their returned from Mexico. At first it had bother him that he was attracted to another male, but then he realized that Renata wasn’t a male. He had watched as she moved, dress and acted around other people and in private. He had thought he lost her when she had been gunned down at the convenience store they had stopped at for her to get some soda. He had finally come to a decision this afternoon before speaking with his captain and the representative from Black Bird Security. He had them checked out and found they were on the up and up.

“Well, good evening sleepy head.” He leans over and give her a kiss on the cheek.

“Mm, I love it when you kiss me like that.” Renata just stare into Jesse’s brown eyes.

They stay like that for a few minutes, before Jesse notices the business card from Black Bird Security.

“I notice you had a visit from Black Bird Security firm. Did they tell you that they had been hired to protect you and wanted you to sign some forms to store your things?” Jesse picks the card up and looks at it.

“Yes, but I wanted to talk with you first. Are they on the up and up or do you think we are being played?” Renata just watches Jesse’s face.

“I had them checked out and they are on the up and up. They wouldn’t tell me who hired them or why. If you want to go ahead and go with them. I’ll come with you. I don’t think I can stand it if you left me Renata.” Jesse reaches into his pants pocket and pulls out a black velvet covered small box.

“I know this isn’t very romantic, but I couldn’t stand it if I lost you.” He opens the box and inside was engagement ring.

“Will you marry me Ms. Renata Magdaleno?” Jesse was holding his breathe hoping Renata will say yes.

“Yes!” Tears were coming down her face as she latches onto Jesse and was hugging him. Her wish had come true. She didn’t care about the pain she felt when she moved like she just did.

After a few minutes, she releases him so he could put the ring on her finger. Renata holds her hand up to admire the ring. She still had tears coming down her cheeks. She loved how the ring looked and the expression on Jesse face when she said yes. She moves slowly and climb onto his lap and kiss him deeply. If she wasn’t in so much pain right now between her legs and stomach she would let him make love to her tonight.

up
194 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I don't like this...

Beoca's picture

This seems sketchy, but I hope my doubt is unfounded.

So who is the mysterious

So who is the mysterious benefactor, and why hasn't he/she stepped up before? Shall be an interesting chapter or two to find out who indeed.

My guess

Either the Cartel, or Renata's family trying to reconcile

They've Been Checked Out

joannebarbarella's picture

Let's accept that the security firm are on the level and the rest of the chapter is beautifully romantic.

And Renata

had something really good happen ,and it interesting about the benefactor?
I do not see it being the Family , and if everyone checked everyone out well seems little doubt there's going to be a double cross?
on that note if I remember correctly didn't She say that the father that threw her out wasn't actually her biological Father but step father dispite what was claimed she found out the truth.
so could it actually be the father discovering he had a child and is reaching out to protect her ?

Matt

Bzzzt

"That we're to transport you and Texas Ranger Baylor to a privately-owned ranch in California."

Wrong answer!

Ranger Baylor has an active investigation going on. He might want to go with Renata, but he has a job to do. Duty calls!


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin