Little Monster Chapter 1

Printer-friendly version

Chapter 1:

The sound of my alarm clock wakes me up in the morning. I groan as I extend my hand trying to shut the damn thing up. After a couple of tries I manage to slam the thing down, allowing me to fall asleep once more. However, my second alarm clock that is located at the top of my shelf makes me groan even more and almost pull out my hair. Having to stand up to make the room quiet once more, makes me get out of bed and finally wake up. I hunch my head, and before I drag myself back to my bed the third alarm clock makes me yell in agony.

“I hate mornings…” I say to myself as I enter the shower. It’s warm enough for me to withstand it, but cold enough to get my nerves going and finally wake me up. “Ugh… First day of school…” I mutter groaning, resting my head on the glass door as the water hits my back. After an average Monday shower, I drag myself towards the sink and cover the front side of my toothbrush with the disgusting blue paste. I do the proper brush movements as I stare back at my face. Short messy hair, lean small black eyes, with a bit of shadowing from playing video games so late at night. No need to comb my hair, as I spit out the foam forming inside my mouth and clean it with a glass of water.

“Eric! Are you up, honey!?” my mother yells at me, knocking on my door. I emit a loud groan as I walk out of the bathroom with a towel around my waist. “Great, honey! Breakfast is already served, so don’t take long because it’ll get cold.” I groan once more, making her walk out towards the kitchen. I put on the average school uniform, the black jacket, white shirt, and black pants. Looking at my reflection in the mirror, I see a tall thin teenager, nothing really outstanding. I should join a club or something, get my body more in shape and…

You? Joining the football team? We don’t accept people like you here… So you better leave and find another club weirdo…

Oh yeah… I forgot… I most likely won’t get accepted into anything. I put on my shoes and walk outside my room. The blinding light makes me cover my face as I get used to it. My place isn’t the big thing either, but the white walls and the light brown wooden floor always burn my eyes early in the morning. I drag myself towards the kitchen, hearing my parents laughing over in the corner. “Morning…” I say, falling down in the chair and resting my head on the table. The sudden plate appearing next to my head makes me sit up straight, and look directly at my father drinking his coffee.

“Good morning, son! Ready for your first day of high school?” George Van-Helsing, leader of the accounting department of the big soda firm. He’s surprisingly strong, as he was the quarterback of his college football team. With short brown hair, sideburns, and a small beard, his career as a professional football player ended after a shattered femur. I produce a small smile, making him chuckle at my response. “I thought so… But hey, keep your head up! That last name didn’t stop me from getting girls at that age.”

My mother hits him in the back of his head, making both of them laugh at the same time. “George, don’t talk to him like that!” Ms. Sandra Van-Helsing, veterinarian and the best student at the college she attended. Now the leader of a veterinarian practise and research scientist for animal medicine. “He has my brain, and your looks, I bet he’ll be alright.” I’m not sure what my mom is saying, she’s beautiful as well. Long black hair that reaches past her waist, a nice figure of someone her age, and even if she is in her fifties, she looks as if she were in her twenties. “Now that I think of it… He has my looks and my brain… So he’ll be more than alright.”

“Hey!” My father said standing up, making my mom laugh and cover her mouth with her hand. They both laugh, as I slowly eat the small sandwich my mother made me for breakfast. I watch them kiss and laugh with each other, making me look away from their love showing. After their affection session, my father looks back at me, holding my mother’s shoulder underneath his arm. “Well, son, just get your spirits up. I know that last name has given you some struggles in the past, but now it’s high school, and teens don’t care that your last name is Van-Helsing.”

You are so wrong, Father. “What is wrong with my last name!” my grandfather says, walking towards the kitchen with his cane and slow walk. Abraham Van-Helsing, tall, thin, and with a face that would scare young kids off of his lawn. With most of his hair gone by now, his white hair combed to his back, while his big scary blue eyes look around. “There is nothing wrong with that name! You should be proud! If it wasn’t for those damn laws we would still be hunting the damn things.” I’m not sure how he is even alive; he fought during World War Two, he’s a heavy smoker, and drinks a shit load of alcohol. Yet he is still kicking, and being aggressive with his old world perspective.

“Dad… Things have changed… Remember that.” my father tells him, making him grumble as he sits down for his coffee. The fucker might be almost a hundred years old, but he is still the leader of a paper company he owns. I stand up, finishing the sandwich and drinking down the glass of orange juice. Taking them to the sink, I hear my dad walking towards me, before patting me on the back. “I promise, things are going to be alright son, don’t let them get you down due to your last name.”

There he is! Come on! Let’s throw rocks at him!

I flinch, sending shivers down my spine. “Mm-Hmm…” I mutter and pick up my backpack and pull it over my shoulder. I hear him chuckle nervously, before returning to my mother. “Take care… See you later.” I tell them, walking outside the kitchen and heading towards the main door. I hear my mother walking towards me, and before I open the door to get out I feel her giving me a hug.

“Now, now, honey, that’s not a good way to stand up!” She pulls my back and pushes my shoulders forward forcing me to stand up straight. With her hands she combs my hair, making me move away awkwardly. “Now Eric… No girl likes a guy with a rooster hairdo.”

No one likes you! And no one will ever will!

“There we go! Much better!” I lift my eyebrow and give my mother a small smile. I start turning the nod around, before my mother hugs me one more time. “This is a new start Eric, try to not be let down by your last name, I promise things will get better.” My mother is slightly shorter than me. Thankfully I got my father’s height or else I would be easier to beat up. After my mother’s hug I smile at her and leave through the front door. Almost immediately the sun blinds me, making me cover my eyes for a little bit.

“Good morning Eric! First day of school I hear.” I rub my eyes and shake my head. After a couple of seconds I manage to get a clear view of my neighbour Monika. I turn towards her, smiling at her nice voice. “I hope you have a nice year, I heard you managed to get into a really nice high school.” I smile and nod, her blonde hair reaching her chest, her fair skin and nice upper body is the dream of the teens of the street. I wave at her, before walking towards the main road. “Wait Eric! I have something for you!” she yells at me, making me stop in the sidewalk while she heads towards me.

The sound of her hooves clicking against the ground makes me shiver a little. Monika might have the upper body of a female model, but below her waist... “We got some spare carrots of this year’s blossom, here! Mimi made this lunch box for you.” I walk towards her. She has the lower body of a horse. Large, four legs, covered with fur and a long tail which she uses to scare flies. She wears a long dress in order to look decent but overall she is a normal centaur, including the large mammary glands. I grab the warm box, and over the fence I spot her ten year old daughter peeking through the door.

Like her mother, her lower part of her body is that of a horse. She has big blue eyes and a set of small horse ears in the upper part of her head. Monika has them too, but much larger and hidden underneath her hair. I look at Mimi and smile, making her blush and enter back inside the house. “Thanks Monika.” I tell her before bowing, making her laugh. “I hope you have a nice day.” I tell her, before waving goodbye and heading towards my school.

In this world… there are different kinds of people. You got the normal humans, like me. Four limbs, twenty fingers, two hands, two feet, two eyes, one nose, you get the point. But there are also demi-humans, half-humans, or like the old people used to call them, monsters. In this place, centaurs, dragons, werewolves, vampires, so on and on, aren’t a thing of ancient tales, they are real. I gesture for the bus to stop, paying him the right amount as I take a sit between a large werebear and demon reading the paper.

After centuries of being hunted, not until half a century ago a proclamation of peace rose up between humans and monsters. Now they are seen as normal individuals, and there are even international societies to protect the rights and help out any monster individual into being a participant member of human society. From being hunted and killed, they are now treated as equals. Pop singers, scientists, political leaders, a monster, or a demi-human (the correct way to call them), are positive working members of society.

Stepping out of the bus and into the streets for the last stretch towards my school, I let the large scorpion man walk in front of me. Talking over his phone and wearing a fancy suit, he almost runs me over, making me sigh and continue my way. I have to climb the stairway towards the main entrance of my school. Not only it is one of the hardest places to enter, but it has coverage of all species and humans, making it one of the most diverse and desirable schools to be at. Carrying my bag over my back, I sigh taking the last steps and entering the school ground.

Immediately I see a mixture of humans and demis. It used to be humans one side, and demis the other, but god… how times have changed. I can see the cheerleaders, two humans, one kitsune, and one neko. The species are endless. Some have only certain animal traits, others are fully nonhuman. I walk past the jocks which combined a full on werewolf, half human half racoon, and three humans. I walk towards the classroom titles, which would tell me where my classroom will be this year.

I start looking for my name, hidden amongst dozens. Using my finger to spot my name, when I finally do so a sudden set of arms distracts me. “Sorry! I’m a bit clumsy with this new uniform…” I notice a male dullahan standing next to me, using both his hands to grab his head and look around the names. Where his body connects to his head is a blue flaming which is most likely his soul. “Name is Kristian and is my first year here! And you…” My finger was still pointing at my name. I saw his face change and his body getting stiff. “I see…” I hear him gulp before walking away slowly. “I have something to do…” he says before running off, his flame growing in size.

I slam my fist against the board. “Already a bad start,” I mutter to myself before walking towards my classroom. As there are monsters, there are monster hunters, or rather used to be monster hunters. Before the legal demihuman reforms it was a profitable career, and they were seen like heroes. But after several political changes, and realizing that monsters are like us but with horns and tails, monster hunters became obsolete and were even considered to be evil. And guess who has the last name of the most famous monster hunter on the planet!

I open the door slowly, everyone else ignoring me as I find a nice spot near the window. Knowing how monsters and humans react to my last name, rather than starting a normal conversation I rest my head on the table. Before I know it, a group of people surround my table, I realize this because of the sudden shadow blocking me from the sun. Looking up I see a group of demi-humans, a large buff werewolf, the hot kitsune I saw earlier, a guy with dragon wings and scales, and a pale dude who I assume is a vampire. I lift one of my eyebrows and make a fake smile. “Hi, name is Eric it’s a…” Expecting their answer, I close my mouth after my sarcastic comment.

“Look Eric Van-Helsing…” the dragon guy spoke up, slamming his fist on my table. “We don’t trust you, you get it? So if there is ever a problem, or if you ever talk to one of us… We will make you regret it, you got it?” he said, showing his claws before they move away.

I chuckle, making them turn slightly towards me. “But I wanted to show you my collection of crossbows…” I say sarcastically and before I know it, there is a fist punching my face, knocking me out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Look Eric… I know how much you’ve suffered just because your last name is… you know what. But that doesn’t give you the permission to tell to a vampire, a werewolf, and a dragon how you would kill their asses,” my aunt says as she writes the prescription for the punch. Unlike my dad, my aunt went to a nice school and became a nurse. Sadly, she only managed to get a job here in the school. She’s ten years older than my dad, but looks just like my dad, but just female. Even the tall part. “Your father and I went through the same deal in our high school. But your dad was the football star and I was the prettiest cheerleader. So the kids ignored our last name and let us be.”

With a bag of ice in my eye, I look back at her mumbling random things. “I’m glad after marrying, I took my husband’s last name! I still can’t take him to dinner due to him being an Anubis and all…” Uncle is kind of cool. When he knew that we are indeed the great grandsons of the famous monster hunter he was somewhat skeptical. But he loved my aunt too much to let that affect him. An Anubis is sort of like a dog person, but it’s more of a wolf with only the ears, hands, and tail being animal. “And your cousins love that they don’t have that name.” I close my eyes and stare at her with hate.

How is that for the great monster hunter! Next time I won’t use stones with you!

“You should try to get to know some demis. I know most of them would give you the cold shoulder before they get to know you. So smile and let them see you’re friendly!” Rather than smiling at her my face changed into a dead serious look. She chuckled sarcastically, sipping from her tea. “How charming, Eric, I bet you get so many friends with that look.” I sigh heavily, not in the mood for her teases. I stand up and walk out of the room. “Remember Eric, times have changed, you should try to change as well!”

I close the door behind me, with my bag on my shoulder and a bag of ice in my left eye, I drag myself towards my classroom. “I hate them…” I mutter between my teeth. Clenching my fists, I hold back my tears as I continue my journey. I stop and look at the big gardens the school has. “I never did anything to them…”

Let’s break his legs! I’m a minotaur! I can do that!

“Never even talk to them…”

Come on Arachne, just leave him tied up until his head explodes.

“Why should I change… If the problem is them not me…”

You want to kill our kind? Here! I’ll ssssshow you we can sssslice as well…

Dropping my back I look down at the group of demis and humans all interacting together. I clench my fists, making the ice in my eye break slightly. Memories, all kind of memories flood my mind. Bullied, beaten, abused, just because my last name is from a famous hunter. Both demis and humans, shunned by both of them. I feel a tear rolling down my cheek, before I clean it up and pick up my bag from the ground. “I… hate them…” Punches, kicks, slices, even broken bones, they have done everything to me and I just want to…

“Ow! Ow! Ow!” I hear a high pitch voice scream behind me. Turning back towards it, I notice a small girl, probably new in the school. She’s wearing the school uniform, short black hair with big red eyes that shine behind the hair covering her face. She looks normal, except when you see the shadows and black aura that forms below her knees. She has her hands covering her head, as if she has a headache. She notices me, but instead of walking away or doing something at me, she looks at me with worried eyes.

“Doppelganger, demi known to read the minds of its victims. After knowing their true secrets and desires they transform into what the prey wants, and truly desires, luring them before killing them and using their soul for reasons unknown.” That’s what the black mist is for. As a kid I thought the more I know about demis the higher the chance they would like me. It backfired as they thought I was using that information to kill them. She was about to say something, before I pick up my bag and walk away.

I’m not sure how much time I was away, but enough to arrive at the end of the second to last class. All the students looked at me, even the group at the corner of the classroom. I simply smiled at them and snickered, making them even more angry. The teacher was already gone and all of the students were standing up and heading towards gym class. I however, rather than spending a horrible time with these guys at the gym lockers, I changed my clothes while being with my aunt, knowing that I have gym class today. They are mostly around my size, perhaps a bit bigger and with muscles, and with a variety of special abilities, but they sure as hell don’t scare me.

I walk between my classmates, or rather, they leave a space for me to walk by myself. This is the life of perfect solitude. I smiled, as I find to trust someone, help each other and support each other. Most would say that's the right thing to do. But in reality, that is idealistic, there is always someone who thinks so. You do not mean to trust people, but ... you're doing it the wrong way. The best way is being alone, only you can trust yourself, and you’ll know your own limits and you’ll never be disappointed, hurt, or broken.

While everyone was changing clothes I sat down at the bleachers, trying to come up with some kind of excuse to skip this class. And as soon as I say so, the students arrive at the court, all of them wearing the uniforms. I immediately start picking apart the crowd. The popular ones, the common people come next, lastly the weirdos and the nerds. School is like a jungle, everyone is looking for survival and they are all obliged to commit to adaptation. They all look up at the popular one, as if the popular were the lions and they the zebras. And who would I be… the lone rhino? The dependent lone wolf? Or perhaps...

“Hey Eric! Pay attention!” A ball comes heading my way, hitting me in the face and making me fall down the bleachers. I hear them laugh at me while I try to recover. Definitely a rhino... While standing up my hand slices over a piece of metal that was broken from the metal pole. Leaving a somewhat large slice through my hand. Blood starts dripping down, covering the ground with a small puddle of my own blood.

“Shit!” I try blocking it out with my other hand, but the pain continued and more blood fell down. I had a large slice over my hand, and I was losing blood quickly. I heard a commotion around the hall, people shouting and yelling around. There was a loud wooden noise, and before I know it the pale vampire dude was standing next to me. His eyes shine red, as he licks his lips and stare down at me. White hair combed over in a weird way, and he looked as if he had just fought to get free from some restraints.

“You… Smell… delicious…” He said before jumping at me, burying his fangs in my neck and sucking my own blood.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the second time I wake up after passing out, in the same fucking day. I have a black eye, and I was practically squished like a cardboard juice box but with my own fucking blood. I don’t know who it was but someone tackled the vampire asshole before he literally sucked the life out of me. I was thrown into the doctor’s office, I was given blood transplants, a shit load of medicines, and some weird serum that supposedly prevents any form of vampirism to happen. Sitting at the principal's office I was wearing one of those foam neck thingies, because my neck was dripping with blood. My hand got treated, and any form of blood spill would be negated.

The principal was away, walking our parents towards his office. And next to me, sitting on the chair besides me, is the vampire known as Vladimir. He was wearing the school uniform with a red tie. His white hair combed over his head, his eyes now completely white like his skin. He is taller than me, and must have studied in one of those fancy european schools. I tried to ignore him, giving him the cold shoulder as he looks at me with worry eyes. I could see his trembling hands, as he played with them sitting on his chair.

“This is bad, this is bad… I don’t know what came over me. I haven’t had this accident since I was little. I don’t know what came over me, something about your blood simply threw me over the edge.” He was rambling to himself, I simply stared at the ground as I felt horrible. My the two holes from his bite are still sore, while I used the bag filled with ice cubes to heal the punch. “I’m sorry… I really am… Something kicked inside of me… and…” He grabs his hair, his entire body practically trembling. “This was going to be a new start, I lost weight, my brackets got removed... “ I didn’t know vampires could be fat or wore brakets. “..and I even managed to get inside the popular circle!” And there is the selfish asshole.

If I could clench my fists, I would but I simply stared at the floor waiting for my parents and his to arrive. The sounds of steps approaching the room makes him jump in nervousness. The principal came first, a tall beautiful lady with proportions that you would only see in an anime character. That’s because she is a succubus. Tall, beautiful face, amazing body, and if you fuck her you die. Cause sex demon. “Over here please.” her gentle voice speaks up, letting my parents come inside the room. As she sat on the other side of the table my mother and father appear in front of me. I can tell they are so worried because my mother is still wearing her lab coat with fur all around it, and my dad has spilled coffee on his shirt.

“Are you okay? How do you feel?” My mother tells me, as she rubs my head. I blink rapidly as I nod. My throat too dry and sore to produce any form of sound. “I hope you’re alright hun…” I can feel my father’s warm hands above my shoulders. I instantly feel a warmth sensation coming from the two, making me slightly happier. I turn my head slightly around, and notice a beautiful woman, tall, big bust, wearing a business suit, with a set of large pointy ears that stuck out from her blonde hair. Likewise, the father had a this stern look on his face, a goatee and a formal suit with his hair combed over.

“Vlad… I thought you were capable of controlling yourself.” The woman said, rubbing her face with her hands. The father doesn’t even look at him, but rather looks at me somewhat discretely.

“I-I don’t know what came over me…” He muttered, practically in the verge of tears. “His blood simply, like… I-It was so strong that… I couldn’t control myself.” I could hear both of the parent sighing loudly, then staring back at me, then to their son, back at me, and finally towards the principal.

“We took a sample of Eric’s blood when he got treated… If you wish to smell it just to feel what your son is talking about.” The principal hands the father a vial, to which he opens up and give a quick smell.

“Holy shit!” His whole serious factor was gone, and even the mother and vlad flinched from his seat. The father closes the thing almost immediately, for a slight second I could see his blue eyes turning red. He tosses the thing through the window, sending the vial of blood far away. “I understand… Holy shit… I bet you smelled it too dear.” The woman nods, as her grip tightens on the nearby chair. “It’s the purest most fresh blood I’ve smelled in centuries. People that have never got in contact with a vampire, or killed enough amounts of vampires could gain a blood like that. And your last name… that explains everything.”

“Nevertheless, Eric had no knowledge and was the one that got assaulted by your son. By state laws the Van-Helsing family is free to press charges, that will lead to a permanent stamp on Vladimir’s record, a large quantity of money, and being expelled from this establishment. Even if I establish that it was an accident, your son almost killed and almost turned Eric into a vampire, which leads to even more lawsuits.” The principal said putting a bunch of papers in the desk.

“Yes… We understand, no matter the circumstance even if it was an accident it was an assault and spread of vampirism, which is highly forbidden…” The father said, regaining his composure. I saw Vladimir going into tears, to which I have no knowledge they could do that. Her mother rubbing his hair, trying to soothe him. He would be going to jail, and his parents would have to pay a fortune for what he did.

“It all rests on you Eric… are you going to press charges against Vladimir and his family?” The principal asks me, making the whole room look back at me. His parents, my parents, even him who had tears rolling down his neck by now. It was my moment, I could finally avenge what these monsters have done to me all this time. I clenched my fists and stare directly at Vladimir. Producing a small smile and a light chuckle, he nervously covers his face with more tears. It is my moment, I can finally do it. I-I-I...

“Won’t press charges…” I say with my last breath. My throat burning up making me cough several times. I can see Vladimir stop crying and looking back at me. He is still trembling but he has a calmer look on his face. We both had to step out of the room while our parents finished up the legal papers. I sat outside her office and Vladimir sat across the room in front of me.

“T-Thank you… I can’t say how much I appreciate this… I-If there is something I can do for you, please let me know.” I look up from the ground, my eyes, which I bet are red due to the amounts of medicines I swallowed look directly at him.

“Don’t. Talk to. Me”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sat down in front of my desk, booting up my gaming laptop I took a sip out of the cardboard tomato juice box. “I hate this…” I say crumbling the thing and tossing it to the garbage can below me. My hair covered part of my face, my body still ached and my neck was still sore and pulsating. I had to drink these stupid juices due to the stupid medicine I had to take. My hands trembled slightly, as I type in the pin in order to enter my computer. I had to be carried in a wheelchair, not only I lack any form of strength but my body was still hurting and aching all over.

I stare at the computer screen, opening up steam and a variety of applications before I decide what to play today. My sore body couldn’t do quick movements, so I had to lay down and play a simple relaxed game. I decided to play Stardew Valley, something really simple in which I can relax and just make my farm bigger. I pull my headphones and placed them over my head, opening up youtube I search for the channel I constantly listen when I’m trying to cool off. Sometimes it’s funny, but it’s practically an hour long podcast of people talking to each other about random topics.

I sigh, ignoring the world around me as I played this silly simple game. I’m not sure why I let him be. It was my moment of finally making some sort of revenge against those things. He did say it was an accident. And he looks like the guy who would rather do what the populars tell him to do, rather than making his own decisions and opinions. School life… Always trying to have what the crowd values with higher respects. A girlfriend? A nice body? Good grades? It is all a thing of the now, focusing on what the world has to offer the moment in which you live it. Fads come and go, each time giving a focus on a nonsensical thing that would most likely be forgotten o passed on by another trend.

But who am I to judge them? I’m just a common human that still plays that silly phone game that was in the spotlight for around a month. What do I do? I just do what I want and when I want it. I’m that point in the social ladder, so low that not matter what I do I can’t neither climb up or fall down. Point zero, point of no return. And I like it being here, I don’t have to worry what to wear, or what people think of me. I can practically wear what I want and no one would give half shits of what I do.

I was so distracted by my thoughts, the game, and the podcast, that I didn’t listen my mom entering my room. Until she closed my door is when I slightly jumped, hit pause, and remove my headphones. “Hi honey…” She said walking towards me with a bowl of soup that steamed due to how warm it is. I usually cook my dinners, since most of the people here arrive so late at night or they usually eat dinner with their coworkers. She puts the soup next to my computer, and she ruffles my hair around. “I’m proud of you Eric, knowing what you’ve been through I thought that you would send the poor kid to jail.” I made a small smile, feeling some warmth from my mother’s affection. “I’m glad for what you did, and seeing how the poor vampire was crying I bet he’ll be really thankful and he’ll try to make friends with you.”

I don’t answer her, I continue to stare blankly at the screen in front of me. I could hear her sigh, and knowing her, she would most likely had a sad look on her face. “I know… It’s hard to forget what happened. Just… Try to not push them away… Forgive them, but don’t forget.” She sighs once more as I continue to stare at the screen. “Take care honey… if you don’t feel good tomorrow there is no problem of you staying in here.” She starts walking away, opening the door and stepping out of my room.

“I’ll try…” I tell her with a hoarse voice as I couldn’t speak properly. “Just don’t… expect a lot…” I could feel her smile, letting out a calm breath as if I had removed weight from her shoulders. She steps out and closes the door afterwards. I return to my game, from time to time I take a small sip from the soup, and drink another whole tomato juice box. I didn’t want to think, I just wanted to relax.

The rest of the afternoon was uneventful. However, time after time I felt my body freezing, no longer feeling parts of my body. I was sweating a lot, and I even had to remove the neck thingy from the amount of sweat I was making. I continue to play, thinking that if I could distract my mind I would be able to feel better. I was sweating like crazy, feeling drowsy as my mouth and eyes felt dry. I felt my neck tightening, as some form of presence appears in my room. It wasn’t here, I just feel it here feel something here. Rather than my heart suddenly beating quickly, I can feel it slowly going to a halt. I feel a sudden rush of anxiety, my whole body was shaking and my muscles spasmed. Suddenly my heart stop, one of the worst feelings in my entire life. But I couldn’t do anything, I couldn’t move or breath. I just felt the pain and then.

Darkness.

-

I wake up, not sure if I had fallen asleep the night before, nor it mattered. I just wanted something, I was craving for something, I needed something. Thirst, I wanted water, I wanted something to clear my throat. I stand up from the chair, my body too wet and shaky to perceive anything about it. My whole body was shaking. I didn’t care about what was happening to my body. I simply wanted to quench this thirst. I drag myself towards the kitchen, hitting almost every wall on my way there. My legs shake, and my body aches. I could see better than usual, but I didn’t care I just wanted something. The house was empty, I couldn’t hear a thing, and I couldn’t feel anyone else around me.

My eyes only focused on a red trail, my vision had a trail a red trail going somewhere. I drag my body towards the substance the smell the feeling, I was close to my destination. The trail lead to the fridge, and I practically fell in front of it. My hands dragged around the cold white metallic fridge. I opened it up, and my eyes looked at the red circle sitting in the middle of the fridge. I felt a rush, I needed it, I wanted it. My thirst, my hunger, I need this. And before I know it I jumped at the fridge and devour whatever I needed to eat.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Who are you and what did you do to my son!” I wake up suddenly, my chest hurting and no longer feeling my body aching. The sensation of hunger was gone, I was simply there. Opening my eyes up I notice my grandfather pointing at me with a crossbow. My eyes open widely, not sure if this is actually happening. “Answer! What did you do to my son! Or else you’d force me to shoot.” I could see him pulling the trigger and removing the lock, a clicking sound as the arrow came flying towards me.

I jump back, hitting a piece of shelf with my back. I felt pain, as my head hit the metallic handle. My body felt weird, different, odd. Something was different about it, but I couldn’t tell. My eyes looked at my grandfather, my body shaking with fear as he quickly loaded another bolt. “Wait!” I yell at the top of my lungs, my voice feeling odd and different not mine. “It’s me… Eric…” I saw him blink, before laughing loudly and shooting another bolt in my direction, this one landing next to my head brushing my hair.

“Eric my ass!” I don’t even know how, but he grabs me from my hair without even realizing it. He was surprisingly strong, as he ended up carrying me towards the bathroom. My body dragged through the floor, it was different, I felt different, I felt strange. He pulls me upwards, shoving me into the reflection of the mirror. “Does this look like Eric to you?!” Rather than old me, there was someone else standing in the mirror. A girl, a very attractive girl was being reflected. It didn’t look familiar, to me it didn’t. She had a beautiful face, pale, pink puffy lips, and a set of big pink eyes that stare into my soul. Yeah, pink large and with thick black eyelashes. Her hair was very long, reaching past her waist. And it was blue, bright blue that seemed to have a light of their own. And her face and clothes were covered in blood.

“What types of mind tricks you tried to play on me you bitch!” My grandfather said, pulling me from my hair and tossing me towards the floor. I fell with a loud thud, hitting the back of my head as I fell. “Things might have changed! But your kind is still the same old blood killers! Look at what you did to my grandson!” I look back at the kitchen, and notice blood everywhere as well as pieces of bone scattered all around. “I don’t give a rat’s ass about the law… I’m bringing you down you bitch!” He was pointing at me directly at my head. I had to think fast as I could feel the bolt flying towards me. Reaping my shirt, I pull it out and toss it at his face, making him blind and miss the shot.

I jumped from the ground with a set of large pants almost falling to the floor. My upper body naked as I opened the main door and ran towards the streets. It was late at night and barely anyone was awake. My heart beated quickly, as I could hear my grandfather yelling stuff at me. And before I know it, a bolt hit my shoulder, making me fall down the floor. I hit my head harshly, but I stood up and continue running, ignoring the pain coming from my bare feet.

I ran until I could no longer know where I was. My chest hurt from all the running, and looking around I had no idea if this place. Nothing seemed familiar to me. A thunder came down, making me jump and finally react to the pain in my body. I fell to my knees, as the pain from my shoulder was too tough to handle. Underneath me I saw the reflection of the girl. Pink eyes, blue hair, and with blood running down her shoulder.

What happened, where was I? Is this even real? The pain was to strong for this to not be real, making me shiver and look around me. It was dark, it was cold, and I have no idea what is going on. I look down my hands, dainty pale female hands instead of my old ones. I could also feel a small set of breasts on my chest, but that didn’t matter. Reality kicked in, the adrenaline was gone, and I stumble down near a wall. I open my mouth, and use my finger to inspect it. Nevertheless, I feel a set of large fangs replacing my canines. They were sharp and strong, and I could feel everything brushing against it.

“I’m one of them…” I murmured with this female tone. “I-I’m a monster... “ I said letting out a large amount of tears, and while the rain fell over me, I cried myself to sleep.

To be continued…

up
102 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

A pink eyed monster with

A pink eyed monster with fangs. Very cool.

Karen

Gregor Samsa woke from a nitemare to find hed become a cockroach

laika's picture

Like Kafka's hapless cockroach, Eric was already having a rotten life before his luck took a serious nosedive. He was almost drained by a vampire, then nearly killed by Grandpa van Helsing before having to flee into the nite. A surprisingly entertaining chapter for such a gloomy turn of events. Love the mix of monster movie, mythology, even Anime creatures, everybody finding acceptance in the new era (shades of True Blood here) except for him. Maybe the new monster girl's social standing at school will improve, it couldn't get any worse...
~hugs, Veronica