Little Monster Prologue

Printer-friendly version

Prologue:

“Take care Eric! I’ll see you after school honey!” My mother tells me, as I watch her leave in her blue car. I still have some tears rolling down my cheeks. I wish I could stay with Mom, but like she said I must be strong and face my first day of school with a smile! I grab tightly the hand of teacher; looking at her she gives me a big smile before pulling me towards school. I just moved to the big city; I left most of my friends behind but Daddy got a new job and we have to go with him.

I look around the hallway; pretty colors and cool pictures greet my eyes. I also spot a lot of kids, most of them as young as me, others older, taller and cooler. I grab my superhero bag tightly as a group of teenagers walk next to me, laughing loudly. Nevertheless, I enter a nice blue classroom, and inside are a bunch of kids my age. I stand in front of the classroom, my heart beating loudly as the teacher says I’m the new kid in town. When it is my turn to introduce myself, I take a deep breath and push my chest upwards. “Hi! My name is Eric Van-Helsing and I hope we have a great year together!”

up
66 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

You tease!

laika's picture

Very, very, very intriguing; but I seriously hope all the installments aren't that short...
Maybe he'll befriend a nice monster girl named Nosferatu or Frahnkeschteen.
Welcome to the Monkey House, new author!!
~Veronica

Hmm

Beoca's picture

This might be intriguing. More, please?