Signed, Sealed and Delivered An Edited Re-post Part 1

Printer-friendly version

Signed, Sealed, and Delivered

By Cathy_t_

This was my very first attempt at writing anything for others to read. The idea for the story is mine but the inspiration for doing it at all comes from two wonderful angels I met on the net one dark night in my life. They stopped me from doing something very stupid that night and I would like to dedicate this story to them. To Prue and Neri. Without their help and encouragement this story would not exist. Nor would I.

PART 1
*****************

Where do I begin this strange tale? I guess it begins by introducing myself. My name is, or was, Jim Matthews and I am, or was, a 5'8" 150 lb. Male. Now? Well, I am 5'4" 110lbs. And, undeniably female.

How did this happen? It all started a year ago when I moved from New York to California looking for a fresh start. My life had been one disaster after another since dropping our of college and the small town I was living in with my folks had very little in the way of career opportunities unless you wanted to work on a farm or at the local farm co-op. Somehow I knew that neither of those was what I wanted to do with the rest of my life and I began planning to move "out west".

My parents weren't too pleased with what I was planning, but after many long talks over dinner and late into several evenings, I convinced them that this move would be the best thing I could do for myself. I had to see what was out there in the "real" world, away from home and the farm and the best way to do it, I argued, was to go and do it. I had managed to save up a pretty good chunk of money from my job at the grain elevator and had a couple thousand dollars from a trust fund from an uncle who had died a few years earlier so I
decided to go ahead and make the move once the crops were in and the elevators were going into their seasonal slowdown.

I had written to a college friend who lived in Los Angeles and he had said that I could stay with him for awhile until I had found work and could move into a place of my own. He told me that he had a big place thanks to some investments of his that had paid off, big time, and that I could stay as long as I needed or wanted to. He also said that he might even have a job lead for me as he was currently invested in a new business that was just starting up and needed good dependable people.

Well, that pretty much settled it for me and I quit my job at the grain elevator and packed up my stuff. The morning I left, my folks were tearful, as was I, but we all knew that this was something I had to do. As I pulled away from the old homestead I felt kind of sad but, at the same time, very excited. Other than the two years I had spent at college, I had never been away from home for more than a week or two at any one time. At the ripe old age of 24 I was still a "babe in the woods" when it came to understanding
what it took to get along in the real world. Hell, I had never even had a real girlfriend! Just a couple of casual things at college which never turned into anything but what amounted to "quickies". So I was really anticipating great things ahead for me in my life. If I had known, then, what I know now, I would have turned around, gone back to the farm and lived the rest of my life safe and secure with the crops and the cows.

I had planned on about a week of careful sightseeing on the drive to California and actually took a bit longer than that, stopping at the Grand Canyon and Las Vegas on the way. When I finally pulled in at my friend's place, it was 9 days after I had left home and I was bushed. He wanted to go out that same night and celebrate my safe arrival, but I was so tired from the trip that I just carried my things in, called my folks to let them know I had arrived safely, and told Cary, my friend, that I just wanted to sleep for a few weeks. He said he understood and even though he really wanted to celebrate, he showed me where everything was, in the apartment and left me to my own devices. He gave me a set of keys to the place and, after making sure I knew where everything was and how it worked, he took off for an evening of fun while I just took a long, hot shower and hit the hay.

When I woke up it was 11:30 the next morning and, after a quick shower, I looked around the apartment a little more carefully. What I found amazed me. There was a pool outside and down the stairs that I could see from the balcony! What's more, there was a jacuzzi in the bathroom and an exercise room right there in the apartment! I thought to myself, "well Jim old boy, looks like you just fell into the sweetest deal ever!" I looked around some more, familiarizing myself with the rest of the place and found that there
were three bedrooms plus the exercise room, a large living room and a combination kitchen/dining room divided by a long, low counter. On the refrigerator I found a note from Cary saying that he had gone to pick up some groceries and inviting me to take my time about settling in. It also said that he would be back in a couple of hours and was signed and time dated at 10:30 AM. Well, I fixed myself some eggs and toast and sat down to eat.

The sun was shining outside and I could almost feel excitement in the air as I contemplated what my life out here might be like. I pictured parties, girls and lots of good times with new friends As it turned out, I was pretty close to right. Cary got back just as I was finishing up with breakfast and we sat down after putting the groceries away to talk. After a bit, he got around to telling me about the job opportunity he had found for me. It was with a brand new delivery company called AG Delivery. I asked him what the AG stood for but he just got a funny look on his face and said I would find out if and when I was hired. I thought this was a little odd but then, Cary was a little
odd by my New York standards so I wrote it off as just west coast strangeness that I would have to get used to.

Cary told me that he was heavily invested in this new business and everything depended on it's success. If it failed both he and I would be looking for a much cheaper and less luxurious place to live. I told him that he could depend on me doing my very best to make the business a success and he smiled at me and said that he knew I would. That was the reason he had told me about it and had invited me to stay with him. It would be much easier on me, just getting started, to not have to worry about finding a place to live and worry about whether a new business was going to make a go of it at the same time.

He also told me that I had an interview with the Manager of the place, a friend of his, tomorrow at 10 AM sharp so, today, he was going to take me shopping for some "good clothes" so I would make a good impression. True to his word, once I got dressed, we piled into his vintage Mustang and headed into downtown L. A.

The traffic was not too bad since we were traveling in between rush hours and we made it downtown in about a half hour or so. Cary found a place to park and we entered the men's store Cary had said would make me look like a million bucks. Well, he was right. Of course it almost cost that much, or at least it seemed to me that it did! I had never before in my life paid 400 dollars for a suit, even if it did include two pairs of pants and a vest, but Cary assured me that 400 bucks was cheap for a good, well fitted suit out here and that it did look good on me and besides, I could use it on more occasions than just a job interview.

We spent the rest of the day sightseeing and Cary showed me some of the major points of interest. We also stopped at the Motor Vehicle bureau and switched my registration and plates for my car over to California and had my car scheduled for an inspection seeing as how California is a bit tougher on anti pollution standards than the rest of the country. We went out that night and partied, but not too hard and Cary introduced me around to some of his friends. When we got home it was about midnight and we went straight to bed.

Bright and early, about 7:30 the next morning, my alarm went off and I got ready to go in for my interview. Cary was already up and we talked while I got dressed. He told me again just how much he had invested in this business and what it would mean to both of us if it worked out and also how much he was depending on me making a good impression. I told him not to worry because I knew how much he was depending on the business and me and that I wasn't about to let him down.

We grabbed our things and jumped in his car and took off for downtown at about 8:30 and got mixed into the early morning rush hour traffic but Cary didn't seem worried so I didn't let it bother me too much. It certainly was an experience, though, for me. I had never seen so many people trying to use the same piece of road at the same time. Cary assured me that, in a couple of weeks I would be negotiating the traffic like a pro and, while I had my doubts, I let it go rather than worry about it right then. My mind was on the interview and I wanted to make darned sure that I got the job.

Cary dropped me off in front of the place and went to park his car telling me that he would be right in and would be right with me all the way but the interview would just me and the manager. He also said something that puzzled me, at the time but my mind was too busy to register it just then. He said that I was just the right size and build for this job and with a little help I would "fit right in."

I went in and told the receptionist that I was there for an interview and she asked me to take a seat and she would call me when I could go in. About ten minutes Cary came in and sat down next to me, nodding at the receptionist. She smiled at him and said, "Good morning Mr. Jackson. How nice to see you!"

Cary replied, "Good morning Carol. This is an old college friend of mine, Jim Matthews, and I am hoping that he will be hired here today. I am sure that he will be a great asset to the place and will help get it off the ground and thriving in no time"

Carol nodded at me and smiled an absolutely beautiful smile at me. Well, my heart just about melted right then and there. This was a gorgeous young girl of about 21 or so with lovely long blonde hair and the figure of a supermodel. I could feel myself getting aroused, so I just nodded and said hello and started thinking about other things. The last thing I needed right then was to go into the interview hunched over trying to hide my arousal.

Cary chuckled at my distress and told me in a quiet voice, “She is one of the fringe benefits of working here. Just think about seeing her every day and hearing that beautiful voice saying good morning."

I told Cary that she certainly was an attractive incentive to getting hired but for the moment, I was more concerned about first getting the job and making good.

Cary started to say something else but just then, Carol's intercom sounded off and I heard her tell whoever is was on the other end, that Mr. Jackson was here and also that I was here for my interview. I couldn't hear what the voice on the other end said, but Carol smiled at us again and told Cary that he could go in.

Cary said thanks and stood up, shook my hand and said that he was going to be just a minute inside and then I would be called in. I said okay and he went into what I assumed to be the manager's office and closed the door behind him. Carol said that Cary and Mr. Franklin, the manager were friends and business partners as well. It wasn't more than 5 minutes later that Cary poked his head out and asked me to come in. I smiled at Carol and went into the office.

I closed the door behind me and walked over to a big, middle aged man who, I assumed, was Mr. Franklin. Cary introduced us and winked at Mr. Franklin and wished me luck and left the office saying that he would wait for me outside. He left and closed the door. Mr. Franklin shook my hand and invited me to sit down which I did. I won't bore you, the reader with the details of the interview except to say that I was impressed by Mr. Franklin and he, apparently, was pleased with my responses to his questions.

When we were finished he stood up and shook my hand again and told me that as far as he was concerned I could start anytime. He also said that there was a weeks training for all new employees that would begin on the following Monday. I said that would be just fine with me and left the office, thanking him for the opportunity.

When I left Mr. Franklin's office and closed the door, I gave Cary the thumbs up, indicating that I had the job and we high fived right there in the outer office. Carol smiled at us and said to me, "Congratulations! I think you will enjoy working here." I was so excited I almost ran over and hugged her but I stopped myself. Somehow it struck me that would not be the right thing to do so I just said thanks a lot and Cary and I left.

All the way beck to Cary's car, we were whooping it up like a couple of high schoolers and high fiving and when we got in his car, he said, "C'mon, man! We gotta go celebrate for sure now!", so that's what we did. I don't remember too much of it because we got absolutely pie eyed. I do remember the next morning, though because not only did I have a major hangover, but I wasn't alone in bed!

I couldn't remember where I met her, or even what her name was but she WAS a very good looking brunette and it appeared to me that we had done quite a bit more than just sleep, judging from the disarray of the sheets and blankets on the bed. I staggered up out of the
bed and into the bathroom to take care of business and try to find some aspirin or something to take care of the pounding behind my eyes. When I finished, I went back into the bedroom and started getting dressed.

Somewhere in there, the girl woke up and moaned a little bit. She opened one eye and glared at me for a second then said, "Omigawd, like what time is it?" in a squeaky voice. I looked at the clock radio and told her that it was 11AM. She squeaked louder and jumped out of the bed, naked, and ran into the bathroom. She came out just a few minutes later and grabbed her
clothes and quickly got dressed, not looking at me. When she finished dressing, she asked me where the phone was and I told her. She ran out of the room and I could hear her calling for a cab. I shook my head in confusion, albeit gently because of the headache I still had. By the time I felt good enough to get up and leave the bedroom, she was having a cup of coffee with Cary, waiting for her cab. It seemed like only ten minutes or so before we heard the honk of a horn outside and she grabbed her purse and ran out. I
looked at Cary and he looked at me and we both started to laugh.

I said, between chuckles, "Who in the heck was that?"

He said, "Damned if I know, Jim. I think you picked her up at that bar last night, but I've never seen her before." Oh great, I thought. My first one night stand in California and I don't even remember her name!

Cary and I sat down to eat breakfast which he had cooked and we talked about my new job. He told me more about the business, but kept talking around what the job actually entailed or what the AG stood for in the company's name. I wondered about that, briefly but my headache drove the doubts out of my head and I just finished eating quietly.

When we were done, Jim wanted to take me sightseeing again and for the next three days that's what we did. He made me drive the route into and back from work to make sure I knew the way but he never said anything more about the job. Looking back, I probably should have been more curious and asked more questions but I was having too good a time sightseeing and looking at and drooling over the "California girls".

Monday, bright and early, I rose, took care of my morning business and left for work in plenty of time. I didn't want to be late on my first day so I allowed an extra half hour. When I got there, I went into the office and Carol handed me some forms to fill out. It seemed like there were dozens of them and I sat there filling them out but not really reading each one thoroughly, figuring them to be just standard work forms and previous job listings and stuff like that. I wish I would have read them, now!

After finishing the forms and handing them back to Carol, she directed me to the other side of the building where, she told me, training classes were beginning. I entered the training room and noticed a couple other people already there. We introduced ourselves and in just a few minutes, a very attractive Brunette walked into the room and began to speak. I turned around and looked at her carefully and recognized her right away! It was my bed partner from the other night!

She introduced herself and started telling us about the company and like that, but my mind was whirling. I hoped she would bear me no ill will for the other night and I planned to talk to her about it when the training session ended for the day. She gave no indication of recognizing me throughout the day except to glare at me once or twice. I had a bad feeling about that but I hoped we would be able to work out any difficulties.

After a couple of hours we broke for lunch and I tried to approach her, but she left the room before I could get her attention. This bothered me a bit, but I figured I would have a chance to talk to her later so I went to lunch with the other newbies. We talked a bit during lunch and we all wondered what the AG stood for in the company name but nobody knew and the few people we asked about it just gave us a funny smile and said nothing. After lunch the training continued, but the brunette wasn't there. One more mystery to figure out, I thought and turned my attention to what the new trainer was saying.

It turned out that AG Delivery was a new concept in delivery companies. The drivers, which we would all be starting out as, were paid a minimum wage, but tipping by the customers was encouraged and, it was hoped, would make a big difference in our weekly pay. Through the training that week, we were told what was expected of us and how to treat customers and given maps of Los Angeles to memorize. The next three days of the training were dedicated to driving around L. A. and learning the layout of the streets.

On the last day of training, we were told to report to a different room where we would be issued uniforms. Well, we all went down there and reported in and this weird little guy came out from behind a counter and started taking all kinds of measurements. He whirled around us like a child's top for about fifteen minutes, shouting out numbers and generally acting strangely, then heran back behind the counter and through a door which slammed shut behind him. I looked at the other guys and they looked at me and each other and we all lost it. We were laughing so hard that we could hardly breathe!

After a few minutes of that, we were beginning to calm down when, the door reopened and that little guy came back out. He jumped up on the counter and yelled at us all to be quiet. We all were sort of taken aback by this and we did calm down some. When we were more or less quiet again, he began to speak, saying, "I have all your uniforms here with me but you cannot open the packages until you have left the premises and preferably, not before you get back to your homes. You must wear your uniforms Monday when you report for work! If you do not, you will be fired immediately and blackballed all around this state so you will never get another job in any delivery based business ever! This was all explained in the forms you filled out this past Monday. A copy of all the forms that you filled out is included in the boxes containing your uniforms. If, for any reason you decide not to report for work Monday morning, you will also be blackballed. If you do report for work, wearing your uniforms and then decide not to take the job, you will be billed for the training you have undergone and blackballed until you have paid what you owe. Any Questions?"

For a few minutes there was silence in that room. We all looked at one another in wonderment for a a few minutes and then a regular barrage of questions and angry comments began to besiege the little weird guy. He shouted at us to calm down and when we did, he continued.

“All of the questions I heard can be answered by reading the forms included with your uniforms. I suggest you wear your uniforms over the weekend to, ahem, get used to them, and here he chuckled a little bit. See you Monday morning, GIRLS!” and with that comment he jumped off the counter and ran through the door and slammed it behind him.

GIRLS? I thought in confusion? What the hell did he mean by that? A couple of us ran behind the counter and tried the door. What we found back there was a large cart loaded with boxes with names on them and directions to the loading dock. After a few more minutes of talking and wondering, we decided to wheel the cart out to the dock and load the boxes into our cars, which we did. Each of us had three rather large boxes to load and while they weren't heavy, they were bulky and it took a bit of judicious squeezing to fit them in our cars, but we managed it and said goodbye to each other and took off for our respective homes or whatever.

All the way home I kept replaying what that little guy had said, in my mind, trying to figure out what the heck his last words had meant. Maybe, I thought, he was trying to be funny or sarcastic calling us girls like some Marine Corps drill sergeant or something like that. When I arrived back at Cary's apartment I began unloading the boxes having to make three trips up the stairs with them Cary wasn't home so I took the boxes to my bedroom and stacked them in a corner while I went and got a shower and fixed supper for myself. I figured I would ask Cary about all that had gone on when he got home but by 9 PM he still wasn't back. I had looked around for a note or
something that would let me know where he had gone and when he might be back but found nothing so I decided to start opening the boxes.

It seemed odd that there were three boxes. I mean that seemed like a lot of boxes for just a few uniforms and I was really curious so I began opening them. Inside the first one, marked "ONE", DUH! I found a manila envelope which contained all the forms that the little guy said would be there. I thought about reading them, but was too curious about the rest of the contents so I set them aside and continued unpacking. I found a rather large sealed clear plastic kind of body bag thing only not as large as one of those. Taped to the bag was another manila envelope which I detached and opened. It said something about body suits but I couldn't make heads nor tails of it so I set it aside also. I DID see a section marked unpacking instructions so I didn't just rip into the large plastic bag thinking I might damage something.

I thought I'd better leave that bag alone until I had a chance to read the instruction book or whatever it was that came with it, so I turned my attention to the other two boxes. They turned our to be, uniforms ! Wow, imagine my surprise! But seriously, they were uniforms all right but obviously not for me! Let me explain what I found. In the first box was that large plastic bag. In the second box I found, well, they were skirts and blouses!!! In the third box which I opened with more than a little trepidation, I found, gulp, undies! I mean cute little, feminine undies!! Bras, Panties, that kind of stuff! Well, I figured there had to have been some kind of major error made and there was no way I was gonna wear that kind of stuff! In the first place I had never in my life ever wanted or dreamed of having to wear any of that female kind of stuff, and, in the second place, It all looked kind of, well, small. I mean small!!! There was no way I would ever fit into any of that stuff even if I had wanted to, which I didn't!

Soooooooo, I waited until Cary got home. Or at least, that was the plan, but at three o'clock in the morning Cary came in, roaring drunk and in no mood to talk about anything. He gave me a bleary eyed look or two and actually giggled once or twice, then passed out somewhere near his bed. 'Well!!! Big help he is,' I thought to myself. 'Oh well, I'll just have to wait until he wakes up and sobers up later today.' So I left a note on the door leading out of the apartment so that Cary would be unable to miss it and went to bed.

As it turned out, I had no cause to worry about Cary leaving before I woke up. When I opened my eyes and looked at the clock, it indicated 10:00 AM and when I jumped out of bed to go and see if Cary was still there, he was still sawing logs. I fixed myself some breakfast and waited around for Cary to awaken. Finally, around 11:30, he began making noises in his room that indicated to me that he was preparing to rejoin the world of the living, however reluctantly. When he finally emerged from the bathroom after about another half hour and trudged into the kitchen, he looked like death warmed over and I wondered how long it would be before I could get any sense out of him.

After he had some coffee and some of the leftover food from my breakfast he looked a bit better. He looked at me and said, "Did ya ever have one of 'those' nights? Well, I did. I must have hit 8 bars last night and I don't remember coming home. I hope I didn't drive!”

I got up and looked out at the driveway and didn't see his car and turned back to Cary, saying "You must not have. I don't see the 'stang.”

He looked relieved at that and after another few minutes I told him I had to talk to him about the "job". He got a pained look on his face and kind of hemmed and hawed for a couple of seconds and then looked at me and said,

"I wondered when this would come up." I guess I must have looked puzzled because he then said, "I guess you want an explanation, huh? I mean, I saw the unpacked boxes in the living room but it doesn't look like you got very far with unpacking them. My guess is that you saw the clothing and freaked out, right?"

I looked at him for a second or two and then, in a very sarcastic way said, "Gee, Ya think?? Just what the hell is that,” and I gestured towards the boxes, “all about? I mean obviously, there has been some kind of mistake made at the delivery company. There is no way in hell they could expect me to wear the clothing that was issued to me! That is all woman's stuff!"

"Now calm down, Jim. I can explain what happened and what all "that" is about. You might not like it and you might even want to hit me for it but, just maybe, you will understand and maybe even thank me for the job opportunity when I am done."

So for the next hour, Cary explained to me just what, exactly was the deal here. He told me that AG Delivery was a totally new concept in delivery for this area and probably the whole world. The idea was that all the drivers would be males, but they would all appear to be sexy females, thus becoming the "Hooters" of the delivery world, kinda. The idea was that guys would have fewer problems and absences. Also guys would be better able to handle "rough" situations more easily because of their greater strength. In addition, the pay would be more than twice the standard beginning rate of pay and tips would be solicited via the ads that would be starting on radio and TV, Monday. With the starting pay and tips, the drivers could conceivably be making upwards of $20.00 per hour! In addition, there were full medical and dental plans in effect the minute we started training as well as a full 401k plan and stock options for varying lengths of longevity in the company.

Well, all that sounded real nice to me, but... there was that "little" problem! Something about looking like a sexy female?! Cary told me again about all the money he had tied up in this venture and how important it was to both of our futures that it succeeded. By this time, I had gotten up from the kitchen table and was pacing back and forth, casting murderous glares at those damned boxes. Cary said,

"Look. Lets go in the living room and go through that stuff and I will try to explain how all this is gonna work. If you still think, after that, that you don't want to do this, well, I will get you out of your contract, somehow, and pay for your ticket back home, deal?"

I glared at him, but was somewhat mollified by his offer and said, "O.K. but I don't guarantee anything! I will listen to what you have to say but it better be good! I don't see any way you are gonna get me into those clothes, let alone make me look like a sexy female!

"That's what those boxes are all about, Jim", Cary said. "Technology has advanced by leaps and bounds over the last five years. What once was considered to be impossible is now either totally possible or has already been accomplished!" While he was talking he had gone over to the largest of the three boxes and picked up that large plastic wrapped package. He held it up with both hands and shook it at me, saying, "This little beauty here is the key to the whole thing, Jim!. In this package is the most up to date, state of the art bodysuit that has ever been made!!" He went back into the kitchen and found a pair of scissors and came back and began carefully cutting the package open.

Well folks, when Cary got that thing out of it's plastic wrap I just lost it! I mean falling down laughing! It looked like the worst example of those blow-up dolls you see advertised in some of those sleazy men's magazines. 'There's NO way,' I thought to myself, 'that this thing is gonna make anybody look like anything but ridiculous!'

Cary waited until I had stopped laughing and pointing at that thing and when I had, he told me that he was gonna show me just how the thing worked and help me with every step of the process. I figured, by that time, what the hell. I might as well play this out. After all, there was no way I would ever look like a sexy woman wearing that thing, Right? So I followed Cary into the bathroom where he started
filling the tub with fairly hot water.

He explained to me that the "bodysuit" had to soak in water hotter than 105 degrees but no hotter than 130 degrees for fifteen minutes before it was "ready to wear". In the meantime he instructed me to shave all the hair below the neck off my body! By this time, I was thinking that this whole thing was stupid but I had said I would go along with it until I figured I could prove him wrong. Besides, hair grows back. So the worst I figured I would get out of this was a few hairless weeks. I also had to shave my face and then treat all the shaved areas with a cream Cary gave me. He said it would prevent any rash from showing up from the shaving. Okay, so I went and did it.

I have to admit, once I was done, being hairless was very weird. My legs and arms felt very naked and smooth and, well, kinda sexy. Anyway, by the time I was all done with that, Cary said the suit was ready so I went over to the tub to look at what I thought was gonna be a sorry looking, soggy excuse for a woman's shape. Imagine my surprise when I looked into the tub and saw a naked, sexy woman apparently floating in the tub! She had long red hair and one hell of a shape and her face was gorgeous!!! For a second I thought something had gone wrong and Cary had drowned some poor girl in our bathtub, but as I looked closer I noticed that the girl looked kind of, well, deflated.

Cary began to drain the tub and when it was pretty much done, took that deflated looking woman skin out of the tub to let it drain thoroughly. He told me to use the package of powder, that was on the sink, all over my body especially in my groin and underarm areas. He said this was to make sure that the suit would be easy to get off at the end of the day. Otherwise it might stick in those areas and maybe even damage the suit. So I did what he asked me to do and then we started getting that suit on me.

At this point I could go into a lot of things very closely and in fine detail to titillate you, the reader, but I won't. Suffice it to say that after a bit of struggling trying to fit my 5'8" 150 lb frame into that 5'4" slender woman suit we finally got to the point where Cary was helping me pull the head over mine, it was somewhat stretched but had not torn the way I thought it might. It was very tight, but not overly so and I began to have doubts about what I had thought earlier. Maybe this silly thing would work!!! What then? But since I had kind of promised Cary I would go through with this, we continued.

Now my hair was kind of a long brush cut and Cary didn't think this would be a problem inside the suit so we hadn't had to cut it. That might have called this whole thing off before it ever started! There was no way I would shave my head bald for this! Anyway, we pulled that head over my own and for a few minutes I was blind and deaf and breathing got a bit tricky but we got it down and began to fit it to my face. I could feel it stretching my own face back, compressing it a bit, but it wasn't uncomfortable, just weird feeling. Finally the eye holes on the face lined up with mine and I could see again. Then, with a little fussing the ears slipped in place over mine and I could hear as well. Cary then did something in the back of the neck of the suit and I heard what sounded like a zipper being closed.

Then Cary said, "DONE!! In a triumphant sounding voice. I looked in the full length mirror on the back of the bathroom door and started to laugh again. "See, Cary," I said, "Does that" and I pointed at the image in the mirror, "look like any kind of sexy woman to you? It sure doesn't to me! I told you this was dumb......but about that time I felt something happening. The suit was shrinking and tightening on me! I began to panic but Cary hollered at me to not worry, this was normal and it wouldn't hurt. So I calmed down a bit and watched in the mirror, fascinated, as the suit began to shape my body into one I had never dreamed of having. In just a short time it was done and
Cary had been right. It hadn't hurt or even been more that a little bit uncomfortable, but when it was done! Oh... my... God! There, in the mirror, was the most beautiful red haired, sexiest woman I had ever seen, looking back at me!! She, I mean me, I mean... well I don't know exactly what I meant at that point, had the most gorgeous shape and her red hair went all the way down past her shoulders, part of it hiding one breast from view. I just stood there and looked. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I looked at her, I mean my face I guess, but I couldn't see any lines around my eyes that would indicate that this was just a mask! But the suit wasn't quite done yet!

It began to tighten just a bit more and the lips seemed to mold themselves to mine, completely changing the way my lips looked. They became full and, well, I guess pouty is the word. Also my cheekbones looked higher and my nose and chin were smaller and much more feminine looking. Hell, even my teeth were different! Very even and very white. Then, the most frightening thing about this whole experience happened. As I turned to look at Cary, one of the breasts brushed against the partially open door of the bathroom and I felt
it! I mean I felt a short little jolt of pain and more from that breast! I stopped, about one inch from absolute panic and looked down at those lovely protrusions. My hands seemed drawn to them and I touched them carefully. I could feel both the fingers moving on the breasts and I felt the breasts being touched! I guess I must have grayed out about then, because the next thing I knew, I was laying down on the couch in the living room with a blanket over me.

I looked around and saw Cary sitting in an easy chair not too far away and he was grinning like an idiot.

"Well, Jim. Welcome back to California!" He said in an amused sounding tone of voice.

I came off that couch like an Air Force Missile coming out of it's silo, shouting questions at Cary all the way! He kind of shrank back in his chair, looking a bit frightened but he shouted back at me until I finally ran out of steam. I kind of slumped back down on the couch, noticing that I was feeling every single thing I would normally have felt in my own body and in a few places my old body didn't have! Then it hit me. My voice! My voice sounded a bit female! I grabbed at my throat and gave Cary a murderous look. He got up from his chair and walked over to me.

"Cover yourself up a bit, would you?" He said. "Seeing you, well, naked, is a bit disconcerting."

I grabbed the blanket and covered myself from the neck down, somewhat embarrassed at being naked in front of my friend, looking and sounding the way I did now. Cary began to explain that the bodysuit would give me all the feeling, that a real woman would feel. I could even feel a slight breeze on my face from an open window in the kitchen. The skin of this suit was just as sensitive as my own! Now I was getting scared! I started to babble at Cary again but he stopped me and said,

"Before you get any more freaked out by this, that suit comes right off by soaking it in hot water again with no problems. This calmed me down quite a bit and I began to listen more to what Cary was trying to tell me. He said that I would wear this suit for as long as I worked at AG Delivery which, he told me stood for All Girl Delivery, as would all of the people employed as drivers and delivery persons. Off duty we would not be required to wear the bodysuit after the first full week! He said that this one week "break-in period" was so we could become used to appearing and acting like the women we would seem to be. The suits allowed for all bodily functions and were self regulating as far as body temperature was concerned. We could even bathe in them and actually get clean!

Then Cary told me the rest of it. In the box with the clothes were some video tapes that would teach me all the things I would need to look and feel feminine. Gestures, movement, fashion sense, even makeup and hairdressing knowledge. Well, now let me tell you. I thought about this whole thing for a loooong time, sitting there on that couch. I knew that I could just pack up my stuff and head back home and work on the farm or at the Elevator for the rest of my life and be safe, and secure, and protected, but Cary was depending on me and the other new hires to make this new company a success. Add to that the fact that I would much rather live in California where there
are more good looking women per square mile than there are anywhere else in the world. So, I figured I would do this for a while, until it became a success or went bust (no pun intended) and then I could move on. Meanwhile I would be making good money and Cary even told me that if I did this for him, I wouldn't even have to pay rent or buy food! So with a lot of apprehension and reluctance I accepted Cary's offer and we went ahead with our examination of the rest of the stuff in those damned boxes.

Well, like I said earlier, there was a lot of women's underwear, bras and panties and other things I didn't know what to call 'em. There was also a funny looking VCR with a helmet attached to it by a long wire. Kinda like a space helmet/headphones combination. Cary said this was the thing that would help me adjust to looking and acting like a woman. So we set it up and put the first tape in and I put on the helmet phones and watched the first of 4 tapes.

I guess I must have been more upset and weirded out than I thought because about 15 minutes into the tape I fell asleep and didn't wake up until it was over. When I woke up the tape was rewinding and I took off the helmet phones and walked over to the pile of underwear that we had folded and put on the coffee table. Cary was nowhere around and I thought, 'well maybe he went out for something.' Anyway, I walked over to that underwear and started looking through it again, a little more careful and interested this time. For some reason, I couldn't see anything really wrong about wearing it if it would help Cary and the delivery company. Besides, I told myself, It IS only underwear. Nobody else is gonna see it besides me and maybe Cary if he happened to walk in on me while I was dressing.

I picked up a pretty, light blue bra and found panties in the same color. I thought, 'what the hell' and went ahead and put them on. I somehow seemed to know just how to do it and it didn't occur to me that this was unusual. Then I went over to the uniforms that were also stacked on the coffee table,(big coffee table, that) and looked at them. They seemed pretty straightforward to me and, without
hesitation, I picked out a matching set and put them on! A short brown wool skirt and a skimpy top that didn't cover much at all. I went and looked at myself in the mirror. 'That's not too bad at all,' I said to myself and I admired how nice the uniform fit me and how good it looked on me.

Well, since that tape was 4 hours long and Cary and I had talked for a couple of hours before that, I decided to get myself something to eat. I started to walk into the kitchen but something seemed wrong. I stopped and thought about it for a minute and then it came to me! shoes! I was barefoot. I walked back to the boxes and found some pantyhose and some shoes that went with the uniform. Just some normal looking shoes that any female delivery person would wear, if you consider 3 inch heels normal, but once I had them on, I felt
much better. After all, a girl's outfit and shoes and stuff have to match, don't they? It wasn't until I had started cooking some soup and making a sandwich that it dawned on me that I was wearing women's clothes and it didn't bother me! I quickly went back into the living room and picked up the tape I had just watched. The title on it was, "CHOOSING APPROPRIATE CLOTHING, WHAT EVERY WORKING WOMAN SHOULD KNOW. VOLUME ONE"

'WOW!' I thought, if the first one did this for me, I am almost scared to find out what is on the others. I looked at the titles of the other tapes. They were; CHOOSING APPROPRIATE CLOTHING VOL.2, MAKEUP AND JEWELRY (ACCESSORIES) THEIR MANY USES, HAIR CARE; and the last one was titled, DEPORTMENT, MANNERISMS AND MISC. Well, seeing what the first tape had done for me I was almost scared to see what the rest would do and that MISC. just frightened the hell out of me! What the hell could MISC. be?

I decided that could wait until I had eaten and viewed the other tapes. Evidently the helmet phone thing was some kind of advanced sleep learning device because I didn't remember hearing anything of the first tape I had watched, but from the looks of what I was now wearing, my brain certainly heard and learned. I thought no more about that as my stomach decided to take the opportunity to grumble at me. 'okay, okay! Lunch is coming down in just a second!' I thought at it, and into the kitchen I went. Curiously, though, when I sat down and began to eat, I couldn't eat as much as I thought I would. I ate slowly, chewing carefully until my hunger pains were gone and then I stopped. I had only eaten half a bowl of soup and half of my sandwich! Normally I would have polished off twice that and gone back for more!

When I had finished and put the dirty dishes in the washer, I sat down and looked at those tapes again. Did I want to watch the next one in the series or wait until Cary got back from wherever he had gone? I went ahead and set up the next tape in the VCR and put the device back on.

Again, after I put the tape in and the helmet thing back on, I fell asleep and when I awoke the tape was rewinding and Cary was sitting in the chair across from me, smiling. I took off the helmet and as I did, I noticed that there were a number of packages on the coffee table. They weren't there when I started this second tape so Cary must have brought them home with him.

First things, first, though. I had to get u from the couch and head for the bathroom. My bladder was screaming at me for relief. I made it there just in time and, after some quick re-adjustment of clothing, took care of business. What a weird feeling though to have to sit down to pee, and wipe after. Oh well, I guess I can get used to it since I sorta have to for now. 'Besides,' I thought to myself as I got up from the toilet and caught my reflection in the bathroom mirror over the sink, 'I kinda look cute.' CUTE!? Whoa! Wait a second here! I couldn't believe what I had just thought! I was already thinking of myself as a cute girl and I had only been wearing this suit for a few hours! It had to be the tapes, I thought in a bit of a panic. Gotta be those crazy tapes!

I ran out of the bathroom headed for, well, I am not sure of where I was headed. Running just seemed to be the thing to do at the time, so I did it. I damn near ran over Cary who was headed towards the bathroom with a couple of bags full of stuff. As it was, I did knock the bags from his hands as I brushed past him at a gallop. Stuff went everywhere and when I saw what the stuff was, I slowed down and stopped. It was makeup and hair things.

The funny thing is, when I saw all that stuff, I looked at it and something in my brain went *click* and the next thing I knew, I was helping Cary pick the stuff up off the floor and examining it closely. I selected a double handful of containers, lipstick, blush, foundation, eyeliner, mascara and the like and marched right back into the bathroom! Before I could stop to think about what I was doing, I started to apply the stuff to my face! I seemed to know what I was doing and within 15 or 20 minutes, I was done. I looked atmy? Face in the mirror with satisfaction and I remember thinking, "That's much better! How could I let Cary see me without my makeup?

While I was there, I brushed out my hair. When it was smooth and shiny and, well, cute looking, I put down the brush and opened the bathroom door and went back out to the living room feeling much better about myself. Cary looked up at me when I came out of the bathroom and I could see his eyes get wider, the closer I got to him. I stopped right in front of him and smiled at him and said,

"Well? What do you think? Am I foxy or what?" And I giggled... I mean a cute little feminine sounding GIGGLE!

Oh man, what was happening to me? Those tapes and this suit! Were they getting to me!?? All of a sudden I was seized by the irresistible impulse to rip off this damned suit and throw away those tapes! Cary saw, i guess, that I was headed for panicville and grabbed my arms and made me sit down on the couch. He talked to me in a slow, calm voice and, in a couple of minutes I was feeling more in control again. I don't remember much of what he said, but, whatever it was, it worked.

Finally, I looked up at Cary and said, "Cary, what is happening to me here? Am I losing my mind or what?"

He just smiled and said, "No Jim, you're just fine. It's only natural that you would be feeling a bit lost right now. With all that those tapes are trying to teach you and the way that bodysuit makes you look, I don't wonder that you are a bit panicked. Just take some nice slow breaths and let the training filter back into your mind. You'll be just fine. If not, then we will just get you out of those clothes, wash off the makeup, which looks very nice on you, by the way, and get you out of that bodysuit and call the whole thing off. I'll understand, believe me. I would probably be going full goose bozo right about now if it was ME inside that thing!"

He continued, "You are really being one hell of a good friend to be doing this, and to help me and the company get going and I really appreciate it, more than I can tell you. If this company goes belly up, I stand to lose everything I have worked for the past three years. I have put every spare penny I could lay my hands on into this venture and, if it works, I, and you by the way, stand to make some really big returns on all that money. You see, I have bought stock in the company for you as well. Not a lot, but enough so that, if things go well, inside of 5 or 6 years you might never have to work again."

My eyes grew wide at that and I started to feel ashamed of what I was thinking a few minutes before. I was gonna tell Cary that I couldn't do this. It was too much to ask! I was feeling trapped inside the feminine image I now saw in the mirror. Once I heard what Cary was saying, however, I started to calm down again and thought about this whole thing. 'Okay, so I impersonate a pretty girl for a bit, do what I can to help the company get going and then move up in the company and out of this suit! How hard could that be?' I could feel the training take hold again and I got up off the couch and walked over to a mirror. As I stood there I looked at the very pretty redhead looking
back at me from the mirror and I remember thinking, "There is a lot riding on this and I do look hot!" I turned back to Cary and said,

"Okay, my friend, you've got me! Whatever it takes, you can count on me to do my best. Now what's next?" And just like that, I was back in the frame of mind that the tapes had put me into.

Cary held up a small parcel that was securely wrapped in heavy, padded paper. "Well," he said, "I guess the next thing is what's in here." He carefully tore the package open and I saw that there were 4 bottles of some kind of liquid, each surrounded by padding so they wouldn't break. "According to the instructions that came with the bodysuit, this stuff is supposed to change your voice to a higher pitch so you sound even more like a girl."

Well, in for a penny and all that, I walked right over to him and took one of the bottles, opened it and drank it down! Cary got a weird look on his face and tried to grab it from me before I finished it but I'd had too much practice at Chug-a lugging during my college days and It was empty before he could grab it.

"How long does this stuff take to work, Cary," I asked him.

"Ummm, Jim, you were only supposed to take a sip of that stuff. According to the instructions, one sip will alter your voice to a female pitch for 10 hours. I don't know how long the whole bottle will take to wear off!" He looked at the bottle and the instructions again and his shoulders kind of slumped a bit. "Well, It says here that there are 10 doses in each bottle. Looks like it will take at least 100 hours for your voice will change back to normal!"

I started to say something like Oh shit!, but right in the middle of it my voice quit working! I cleared my throat a few times but nothing happened! No sound at all! Then, gradually, things started to happen. I could feel a strange feeling in my neck and I rushed over to the mirror to see if I could see anything happening there. As I watched, fascinated, my adams apple slowly shrank until it was gone!

When I tried to speak again, my voice was beginning to come back but it wasn't MY voice! It wasn't the same almost feminine voice I'd been hearing. It was the kind of voice you hear, if you are lucky, coming out of a phone when you call for phone sex! A breathy, high alto, SEXY sounding voice that sent shivers up and down my spine and I was the one using that voice! I went back to the couch and sat down again, my head spinning a bit. "But Cary," I started to say but that VOICE! No matter what I said, it sounded like an invitation to a wild evening of sex!

I even tried to sound angry but it just came out cute! As I sat there, trying to make yet another adjustment to my image, I reconfirmed my promise to Cary in my mind. Okay, I had screwed up this voice thing but it was only temporary, right? My voice would return to normal after 4 days or so and then I could just take the correct amount each morning to change it back to this sexy, sultry sounding one for the day. It would wear off after I got off work and I would be able to change back into Jim for the evening and do what I wanted until the next morning, right? So I sighed, omigawd how that sounded with this voice, and Cary and I talked for a while so I could get used to it. As I talked I found myself sounding more and more feminine as I went along. 'Those tapes again,' I thought to myself. Well, nothing for it but to go ahead. I was going to have to stay in this suit until at least Sunday night then take it off, clean it out inside and out and then put it back on Monday morning for work. Since my voice was going to stay like it now was for four days anyway Cary and I perused the instructions for the suit and found that it could be worn for 7 days before it had to be taken off for cleaning In the meantime, I could just take a shower or bath in it and it would be okay for that long.

Okay, I am stuck for at least 4 days in this suit and with this voice. I might as well watch the rest of the tapes and get this over with. First,
though, Cary suggested having something to eat. I couldn't argue with that as I was getting a bit hungry myself, so I said, "Okay, but it's your turn to cook". He looked at me and smiled and said,

"Well, Jim, I really don't feel like cooking. What do you say we go out somewhere and get some take out or eat at a nice restaurant?"

Well, my first reaction was something like, "WHAT! Looking like this? Are you out of your damned mind?" This, delivered at the top of my "cute"(ugh) sounding new voice, sort of rocked Cary back on his heels for a second or two, but he came right back at me with,

"Ok, Ok, sheesh. Not so loud, willya? The neighbors will call the cops and how do you think we will be able to explain "this"? As he waved his hands in the general direction of, gulp, me!

"Uh, all right, Cary." I said in a somewhat quieter sounding voice. I sat down and thought about going out to eat. 'Well', I said to myself, 'you gotta eat and unless you want to cook, the only options are to order out or take Cary up on his suggestion.'

Meanwhile, Cary was telling me that on Monday morning I would receive new identity documents including a driver's license made out in my "new?" name. These would stand up under any normal investigation and would help lessen the possibility of any of the new drivers for AG Delivery being unduly harassed by the police if they should stop any of us for any minor traffic infraction.
Since it sorta made sense to me that we should have I.D. that matched our "new descriptions, I said nothing but kept listening.

"In the meantime," Cary continued, "you gotta look like that for the next 7days so you might as well get used to it and have a little fun with it."

" But Cary," I interjected, "The voice thing wears off in four days. Why did you just say I hadda look like this for the next seven days. I can take this suit off Thursday night, right?"

" No, Jim," he said. "Remember that you are required to wear the suit for the first 7 days in a row without removing it? That's so you can get used to looking, feeling, sounding, and acting like an attractive female. We don't want good looking drivers walking around talking and acting like guys, right? Plus, since you'll be working for a full 5 days, that means that unless you continue wearing that stuff all this weekend to boot! "Well, Cary, I had forgotten about the seven days thing but what you say does make sense. How about this? We call out for pizza tonight and I watch the rest of those tapes. If they do anything like what the first two did, I should have no problems leaving the apartment and going out to eat tomorrow night, ok?"

I almost couldn't believe what I was hearing myself say, but as I was saying it, I could feel the changes inside my head! I mean, I could remember, very easily how I would have reacted to looking and sounding like, before I had gotten this way, but now, it seemed almost natural to think the way I was beginning to think, which was, well, feminine! I seemed to have no problem with "learning what those other two tapes would, undoubtedly teach me! In fast, I almost wanted to watch them so as to complete the illusion I was
supposed to portray!

I guess Cary agreed with me because he picked up the phone and ordered pizza and stuff for dinner and I went over to the VCR and inserted the next tape, which was titled, MAKEUP AND JEWELRY, THEIR MANY USES AND HAIR CARE.. "Whoopee", I thought.

About a half hour later, the pizza arrived and, after we cleaned up from that, I sat down, put on that infernal helmet and started the tape. As before, about 15 minutes into the tape I must've fallen asleep because when I next realized anything, the tape was rewinding and Cary was looking at me, from across the room. I sat there for a couple of minutes and then, the most curious thing happened, I got up from the couch and went straight to a mirror and my first thought, upon gazing at myself in that mirror was, "OMIGAWD!!! My face and hair must look a mess!!" and I almost ran out of the room into the bathroom where I spent about a half hour repairing the damage done to my
makeup and hair from dinner and the time I had spent with my head on the couch, apparently asleep.

By the time my brain caught up with what my reflexes and body were doing, it was too late to stop any of it so I just went into a kind of cruise control and let my hands do whatever they were doing. They seemed to know without any help from me, just what to do and how to do it. And then, it was done. Looking back at me from the bathroom mirror was an absolutely gorgeous redhead with perfect makeup and hair! I stared for a minute or two, not believing what my green eyes were telling me. 'Wait a second,' went a thought in my head, 'Green eyes?' When did that happen?" But another thought quickly took the place of that one and it went like this. 'Well, naturally your eyes are green, dear. What other color could they possibly be with all that beautiful red hair?'

I turned from the mirror and walked out of the bathroom and back into the living room where Cary was patiently waiting for me. "Cary," I said in an almost even tone of voice, "let's take another look at the specs on this bodysuit, okay? I have a feeling there are some things we don't know about it yet. So we dug out the specs on the suit and started going over them a bit more carefully than we had before. Yep, there it was. Under the heading "TEMPORARY CHANGES, SUBTITLE 2."

Evidently, after wearing the suit for more than 2 hours, the eyes would change color to most perfectly accent the hair color. The change in eye color would revert to normal eye color after being out of the suit for more than two hours. Along with that there was a bit about weight loss and figure shaping. My weight would match the specs on the suit and my body would retain the shape of the suit, also for two hours after removing it. Where the weight went, it didn't say. Whew!! As Alice said, "curiouser and curiouser."

Well, nothing for it now but to watch the final tape and see what it would do to me. I was almost getting used to feeling and looking like I did now, and quite frankly, I was curious to see how that last tape would affect me. I knew that all these changes would fade and vanish once I was out of this bodysuit. The Spec manual that came with it said it would, and they can't lie, right? I mean that would be bad for their business! So, reassured that I could still quit this at any time I wanted, I popped the last tape in, sat down on the couch again and put on that damned helmet. " I am gonna have to talk to the people that make these tapes," I thought. "Don't they realize how this stupid helmet thing messes up ones' hair?!

Four hours later, I woke up. I sat there for a moment and then I took off the helmet and stored it away in the box it came in, along with the tapes. When I was done with that I straightened up and looked at Cary. He was giving me one of those, "Wha the heck?" looks. As I walked away from the living room and into the kitchen, I noticed that I seemed to be moving differently. I mean, I was swaying and mincing along on those heels that I had forgotten I was wearing, just as sexily as any natural born woman would and it seemed strange for a second but then I thought, "Well, how else would I move? I am a woman, right?" I mean, look at me. I am one foxy redhead with a dynamite figure and a face made for modeling. I am gorgeous!

I looked back at Cary and he still had that dumb look on his face. I giggled at him and said, "What's the matter, Cary boy. Haven't you ever seen a woman before?" He kind of gurgled a little bit at me and seemed to be having problems finding his voice. When he finally did, it sounded like he was going through puberty all over again, kind of cracking and all over the scale.

"My, gosh, Jim. I can't believe what I am seeing and hearing. I mean, I was at the test sessions of these bodysuits with all the other investors in AG DELIVERY but, wow! To actually see it happen right in front of me like this is absolutely amazing! You look incredible! If I didn't know that you are old pal, Jim inside a bodysuit, I swear, I would never believe it! I mean, the way you are moving, your voice, even little things like the way you hold your arms and hands, I, I, I", and here, my old college buddy, Cary, shocked me and shook me to the foundations of my psyche, "You are sexy, my friend", he said in an wondering tone of voice.

Even through the programming that I now realized was on those tapes, I felt a bit lost for a minute. I actually stopped and thought, 'He's right! I mean let's not kid ourselves here. With this suit on, and these clothes, the makeup, and hair, and all of it, I am hot! and I'm a guy!' At that point, some more of the programming must have kicked in because my very next thought was, "No! I can't be a guy! Not with this body and face. Not looking like Ido!

For about ten minutes, this conflict raged through my mind. I sat down on a kitchen chair to try and settle my thoughts and remember who I really was. Then, something else clicked and I could now think of myself as both a guy and as a woman!! I mean they were almost like separate parts of my mind, one side with female thoughts and one side with my male thoughts. I could, seemingly access either side at will! This led to a series of dizzy spells as my mind attempted to make sense out of nonsense. It's a good thing I was already sitting down or else I would have fallen down!

Cary and I decided, at that point that I had gone through enough for one day. Maybe too much for one day! We packed everything else back into the boxes and called it a day.

Sunday:

I awoke and blearily looked at the clock radio next to my bed. 10:30 AM. I laid there for a moment, still in that pleasant in-between place where I wasn't fully awake and wasn't fully asleep. As I became more wakeful, things started making their presences known. Things like breasts, and long hair in my face and um, a lack of something between my legs. Uh-huh. Not a dream. Nope. A few more seconds of disconnected thought and then I sat straight up, suddenly wide awake, as things remembered crashed in on me. The bodysuit, those tapes, the clothes!

I threw back the blankets and gazed at what had to be the most gorgeous female body it had ever been my privilege to see and another thought snuck up on me. 'Uh, Jim? That hot looking redhead? She's you!' Curiously, I didn't freak out and start screaming. Instead, I admired the way my waist nipped in to a slimness I had never known in my entire life, and continued on down, expanding as it went to lushly curved hips and the longest legs I had ever seen. And those breasts! To call them merely beautiful would have been damning them with faint praise.

I cupped them in my slender and feminine hands and felt their weight. I didn't find any of this unusual and, somewhere in the back of my mind a thought niggled at me that I should find this strange since I was not a woman! 'Oh well, enough of this,' was my very next conscious thought and I got off the bed and headed for the bathroom to attend to another pressing matter.

As I sat there on the toilet, I remembered everything that had happened to me since Friday when I had opened those boxes, right up to last nights seeming revelations about what the bodysuit and those video tapes had done to me. I could, it seemed, access all of my memories as a guy named Jim Mathews but I felt no embarrassment or discomfort with looking how I did now. I finished up and wiped and pulled up my panties, then stood facing the full length mirror on the back of the bathroom door. Looking at my? face, I examined it
critically, noticing the smooth pale skin, full lips, sensuous green eyes and cute slightly upturned nose. "Very sexy looking face", I remember thinking.

I started drawing a bath thinking that, since this would be my first full day as a good looking woman, I should be clean and fresh. I added some bath crystals that must have been left here by one of Cary's girlfriends and, when the tub was full, I slid slowly into the hot, scented water. I could actually feel it as if it were my own skin! As I began to soap up I also realized that I could feel every single movement of my hands on my skin just as if there were nothing there but real girl! "Amazing", I thought to myself again. I never had even thought of experiencing something like this and I sure as hell never thought I would be this calm about it if I ever did have the chance to experience it! "Those tapes and this suit are, incredible, absolutely freaking unbelievable!"

Well, I spent a looong time in that tub, just feeling, and experiencing the differences. No, I didn't do "That", even though I was tempted. Somehow it just didn't seem to be very important to find out what it might feel like to have a female orgasm. It was much more important to be clean and sweet smelling and ready to face what would be, I was sure, a very busy day. I opened the bathroom door and went back into my bedroom and started selecting clothes for the day. I seemed to know exactly what to choose and how it would look on me. After the steamy air in the bathroom had cleared, I went back in and carefully began to apply some makeup. Again, I seemed to know just how to apply it and how much to use.

With my hair wrapped up in one of those turban things that women always seem to use to get the extra moisture out of their hair after a bath or shower, I performed the age old ritual of "making myself pretty" without any wasted motions. When I was done with that, I took the turban off my head and began drying my hair. That went very smoothly and much faster than I thought it would and when I finished with that and brushing my hair out, I, as Ricardo might have said, "Looked Mmmmahvelous, dahling!"

As I left the bathroom wearing just panties, my hips swaying back and forth and my breasts jiggling, I heard noises from the direction of Cary's room, indicating to me that he was also waking up. I hurried across the hall into my bedroom and closed the door. After all, a girl can't have her best guy friend seeing her in just her flimsies and skimpies, right? I dressed in the clothes I had chosen, basically just another of the uniforms, a pair of light blue short shorts and a very pretty white blouse with small pearl buttons, and opened the door to go to the kitchen to prepare some breakfast. I stopped, briefly at the boxes and found a pair of 3 inch heels that just seemed to go with the outfit I was wearing and slipped them on and continued into the kitchen, having no problems walking in those heels and not even
really thinking about it, then.

As I started cooking eggs, bacon and toast, I found myself humming a little tune and sounding, for all the world like a happy girl starting the day! About ten minutes later, Cary staggered into the kitchen, wearing a bathrobe and a thick layer of beard. Cary isn't a morning person, or had you figured that out for yourselves by now? He started the coffee maker and looked at me. His face went from tired looking to an expression of 'What the-----!?, in about two seconds and finally settled down to a bemused look of curious wonder. I smiled at him and chirped, "Good morning Cary!" in my new high feminine voice and he seemed to hesitate a minute before he answered me.

"Jim, that is still you in there, right?", he said in a tone of voice that indicated to me that he wasn't completely sure of what my answer might be.

"Of course it is, hun." I replied. " It's just a different Jim than you remember, is all. I mean, I am still Jim, but I feel very comfortable with
the way I look and feel right now. The way I am moving and acting feels totally normal to me and although I know who I am and remember all of the things that make me Jim, I still feel very feminine and, strangely enough, unconcerned about my changed appearance and actions. So, what would you like for breakfast?," I asked him, turning back to the stove.

"Um, I think just coffee," he responded. Lots and lots of coffee! This is gonna take some getting used to, my friend. Oh," he added, "there are a lot of things in those bags I brought back yesterday. Clothes, jewelry, and more shoes and underwear. I figured that you wouldn't want to wear just the uniforms all the time this week and I picked up some things while I was out.”

I actually squealed in delight at that and, taking the still unfinished breakfast off the burners, I ran into the living room to investigate the
contents of those bags! I found several skirts and blouses along with some very naughty looking underwear that had to have come from Victoria's Secret. I also found several pairs of earrings, some necklaces, bracelets and even rings, and a very feminine looking watch! I was actually very excited over all these female goodies and couldn't wait to try them on but I decided to finish breakfast first. I did pick out some matching earrings, a necklace and a couple of bracelets that looked good with what I was wearing and put them
on, feeling somehow more "complete". Then I went back into the kitchen to finish cooking and, on the way, I actually hugged Cary! He was a bit shocked but, after a second or two, returned the hug.

"Thank you so very much, Cary," I murmured into his chest. "You have been really helpful and kind to me through all of this and I really appreciate what you have done for me in helping me get this job and everything. The clothes are just lovely and I really love them and all the other things you bought for me. I know I should be really freaked out over all of this but, somehow, I'm not. It must be the programming from those tapes and, even knowing that, I am still very happy right now. This whole thing is turning into the adventure of a lifetime for me and even if it doesn't work, I will always be grateful to you for giving me this chance."

Cary and I held the hug for a couple of minutes and then I felt him tense up and he gently broke the hug, saying, "Ummm, Jim, maybe we shouldn't be doing this. I mean, the way you look right now makes me want to hold you and, well, other things, but I have to remember that inside all of that is my old college drinking buddy Jim Marshall, the guy I chased women with and got drunk with. Let's just keep things on an even keel here and I will try my best to remember who you really are. I hope you will do the same because things could
get awfully weird and complicated if either one of us forgets, and I don't think I wanna go there.

I gave Cary a little pout and said, "Okay you old spoilsport, but don't blame me if I find it difficult to maintain a discreet distance from you. The way I feel right now, well, I enjoyed that hug and I think I want more of it. Oh, I know what I'm saying and how it sounds to you, knowing that I am guy inside this suit, but I do feel an attraction to you and I kinda like it! Again,Cary got that odd look on his face that I had seen a few other times this weekend. A kind of bemused/wondering/almost sad look, that I really hadn't connected with anything but was becoming a bit worrisome to me.

Oh well, I couldn't think about that now. I was feeling too good about just being alive on this first morning of my new life. The thing is, I never felt out of place or weird about what I was doing through all of this. The programming in those tapes wouldn't let me. It made me feel comfortable with looking and feeling and acting like a woman! So, once breakfast was out of the way and Cary had showered and gotten dressed, we decided to go out and do a little shopping and getting used to me looking like I did.

All through the rest of the day, I did notice the differences between the way I was doing things as I was now, as opposed to the way I would have done the same things as Jim. Just walking was different, with my hips swaying back and forth drawing looks from men wherever we went and it seemed to me that every time I noticed some guy watching me, I put a little bit "extra" into my walk making my hips sway just that much more. I noticed the jiggling of my breasts, but not as much as you might think. After a couple of hours, I
actually forgot about it, or at least paid no more attention to it.

Cary and I shopped a bit, and I embarrassed him a couple of times in places like Victoria's and Fredericks where I loudly asked his opinion on one flimsy piece of underwear or another and gaily laughing at him when he'd turn red. I just felt great! I was actually having fun as a woman and didn't think anything about it. We stopped and ate at a nice restaurant and I had my first chance to use a ladies room. The stories are right, by the way. For the most part, ladies bathrooms are much cleaner and larger than men's rooms. Offsetting that is the occasional line one has to wait in and pray that the "hold it in" muscles are in good shape!

Anyway, after being out for about 6 hours, we headed back to the apartment to wind down and prepare me for my first day of work. We got back at about 6 PM and, while I put away the few things I had bought along with the things Cary had gotten me the day before, Cary went about ordering dinner from a really nice place he knew about that actually delivered things like prime rib! Dinner arrived about an hour later and after we ate and cleaned up the dishes, we sat and talked about this and that. We went over exactly what we knew and didn't know about the bodysuit and the programming on those tapes. Then we both showered, separately, thank you, and got ready for a quiet evening of television. Around 11 PM I called it a night and went to bed. Yes, I DID experiment with my "new" body that night. It was.......interesting, and 'nuff said about that!

I awoke with the alarm clock beeping at me and as I reached out to shut it off, I took notice of the smooth and very feminine hand and nails at the end of my hairless arm, but other than noticing it, I paid no real attention to it. I padded into the bathroom and began drawing a bath. I wanted to be as fresh and feminine as I could possibly be for my first day at my new job. I was very excited and anxious to begin work and as soon as I felt I was clean enough, I jumped out of the tub and dried off. It took me about 45 minutes to do my hair and makeup and then I dressed in the wool skirt and white tie off top that I had worn the first time I had tried on the uniforms and added
earrings, bracelets and a matching necklace along with a few rings. Then I grabbed my keys and headed out the door to my car.

Taped to my steering wheel, I found a note from Cary. It said, "Best of luck on your first day. I'll be pulling for you but I know you will be great at your new job and in your new role." New role? I wondered what he meant by that, exactly. I mean, ok maybe you could consider posing as a woman to get work a role but somehow I didn't think Cary meant it that way. Don't ask me why I thought that but there was a small something niggling at the back of my mind. I just couldn't put words to it. Oh well, it was a beautiful day and I was going to my first day at a new job and my mood improved quickly until I forgot about that small something and just enjoyed driving with the wind in my hair.

As I pulled into the parking lot at AG DELIVERY, I noticed some of the cars that belonged to the other new men that I had met in the training program. I parked my car, grabbed my purse and locked the car doors. I walked unhurriedly into the building and found Carol waiting there with a clipboard. She looked at me and smiled.

"I'm glad to see you Jim. I told everyone that you would be one of the ones who didn't back out of this job just because it was too weird to be impersonating a woman. Now, the first thing we have to do is find a feminine name for you. It seems ridiculous to be calling a beautiful woman, Jim!" and she laughed a little bit at that.

"Well, I said, "how about Ginny? That's pretty close to Jimmy and that's what a lot of people have called me over the years. That way I won't be surprised or confused when someone calls me Ginny."

Carol smiled at me again and said, " That's just perfect. From now on, when you are at work or in your suit, you are Ginny," and she wrote something on that clipboard she had. Then she looked up at me and said, "Why don't you go ahead in to the briefing room," and she pointed towards a room behind her, "and meet the rest of the new "girls"." I smiled at her and said thanks and moved around her and into the room she had indicated.

As I entered the briefing room I saw 4 other women seated around a table and I walked over to join them. We re-introduced ourselves and while we all had what I would call a sheepish smile on our faces, no one seemed to be the least bit uncomfortable with looking like we did. Carl had become Carla, a very attractive blonde just a bit taller than I. Jerry had become Jeri, adynamite brunette just the same size as I. Danny had become Dana, a knockout with long, lustrous black hair and Terry had become Terri, an absolutely gorgeous blonde about 4 inches taller than I now was. We sat there and talked about our experiences over the weekend and our expectations about our first day at this new job. I wondered when we were going to actually bet started but I felt quite at ease talking with these women who, just last Friday had been men just like me. No one seemed to be the least bit concerned or embarrassed about their sudden sex change and we chatted like old friends.

Just then I realized that Frank wasn't here. He had seemed really disgruntled about all the things that happened last Friday and I had wondered if he would show up today, even considering the veiled and not so veiled threats that had been leveled at us when we had picked up all our boxes full of stuff. I knew, or at least I assumed, that all those threats were probably just so much smoke to get us to at least TRY to do this job and see if this wild experiment would actually work or not Certainly no one could "blackball" anyone for not showing up or for deciding not to take part in what was certainly a strange kind of job. I had figured that if anyone had decided notto show up, the company would just get their bodysuit and clothes back and the person would be able to go on their way. Surely nobody would be prevented from trying to get another job just because they didn't want to impersonate a woman!

We talked about Frank and some other things for a bit until Carol came in with another woman, a very attractive redhead with slightly darker hair than mine. She was introduced as Ms. Smith the dispatcher/driver's representative. Carol told us that she would be our representative with the Union which we all would have to join and for any disputes with management, she would be our liaison. Carol then began to fill us in on our new duties We would be assigned routes in different areas of L.A. so there would be no duplication of effort. Our hours would be from 8 A.M. to 6 P.M. Mondays through Fridays with an occasional Saturday morning if some deliveries couldn't be made during the week for one reason or another. We were required to wear our bodysuits constantly during work hours and, additionally, might be asked to wear them at certain other times if the company needed us to any P.R. work like commercials of public meetings. We were instructed to be very polite to all of the customers we delivered to and, as a matter of fact, we were told to be always smiling and happy appearing because it would reflect well on the company. Our time off was our own and we could spend it any way
we wanted as long as we did nothing that would make the company look bad. We would be allowed to wear our bodysuits, if we wanted, while off duty, but if we did, we would be under even closer scrutiny because we would be recognizable as drivers for the company.

We were also told a few more things about our bodysuits. First and foremost was the fact that they were as tough and resilient as our own skin. If they got cut, they would heal much the same as our own skin as long as the cut wasn't too large or deep. I mean, they wouldn't regrow a cut off finger or anything like that but for smaller things like one would get as a consequence of everyday living, they were just as resilient as our own skin and maybe just a shade tougher. They would tan as our own skin would so we could even wear them to the beach if we wanted to. They were, however highly resistant to the cancer causing rays of the sun so, in that sense, they were actually better than our own skin. Other than that and a few small matters of maintenance they bodysuits could be treated as if it were our own skin.

Then, Carol spent some time explaining about the business and it's goals. We first new hires were to be the vanguard, as it were, of more like us. If we proved to be successful, a lot more people would be hired. The ultimate goal was to have over 100 drivers and delivery people working at AG DELIVERIES, and we would be delivering mainly to the downtown business community where, obviously, the money was. Since we 5 were the first hired, and were the ones upon whom the success of the company would hinge, we were offered all the incentive packages that I mentioned earlier, like full hospitalization and dental plans, a full participation 401K plan and stock options as well as travel and meal allowances.

The fact that we were really men wearing female bodysuits was to be kept a deep dark secret for obvious reasons. If the word ever leaked out that we weren't really women, all kinds of flak would come down on the company from Women's groups, the ACLU, and the State Government. The idea was though, with our own male strength and the looks and shapes of good looking women, the work and lifting involved with the job would be easier and we would be better able to handle ourselves in any kind of physical emergency like self defense. I know, I know, some of you out there are saying, "well that is a really sexist thing to say and think", and I can't argue with you. I only know what they told us and it seemed to make sense to us at the time.

It was lunch time by the time Carol and Ms. Smith finished with their briefings and so we all trooped across the street to a nice little restaurant and ordered. We used the time it took for our food to arrive to get to know one another a little bit better, and by the time our food did arrive we were all a lot more comfortable with one another, seemingly on our way to becoming friends.

After lunch we all went back across the street and were taken, by Carol and Ms. Smith to the garage where our new delivery vehicles were parked, for our first look at them. They were sharp, I must admit. Sleek oversized vans, much the same size as a UPS (tm) truck but much more streamlined and painted, well, bright pink! It's a good thing that the programming on those tapes had me feeling so comfortable with being a woman or I, my old male self, would have been terminally embarrassed to be seen anywhere is the vicinity of one of those, waaay too feminine, vehicles. On the side of each one of the vans were the words, A.G. DELIVERIES, and underneath the words, the company logo which consisted of a very pretty cartoon of a lovely woman in the A.G. DELIVERIES uniform handing a package to a business suited man. Both had big smiles on their faces and the male figure seemed to be looking directly at the delivery girl's, well, chest.

I wondered if this cartoon might not be a bit too much as I figured that it would draw the wrath of many civil liberties groups but I didn't say
anything. I assumed that the powers that be in the company would have made sure that everything was kosher, legally and I didn't feel it was my place to question their decisions, at least not right then. Maybe later I would ask Cary of Carol about it. We got in one of the vans and Carol and Ms. Smith showed us the layout of the dashboard and where all the controls were. Every van had a full communications setup and they were all air conditioned and equipped with state of the art built in AM/FM/Cassette/Disc stereo systems designed to automatically lower the volume whenever a call came in on the two way radios.

After our familiarization with the layout of the vans, we each drove one around the parking lot for awhile to get used to the handling of such a large vehicle. There was a sort of driving course, laid out on the pavement of the lot and we all had to drive that course until we could all maneuver the large vehicle without problems. Automatic transmissions and power steering helped a lot. Once we mastered the course, we all went for a drive in the city itself for further training. Inside each van was a booklet describing exactly what to do in the case of an emergency whether it was just a flat tire or a traffic stop right up to and including what to do in the event of a major accident.

Every van was also equipped with a satellite tracking system and a fully stocked first aid kit. It seemed that nothing had been overlooked. There were even three fire extinguishers located strategically about the vehicle. "Very impressive", I remember thinking. The rest of our first day was spent going over procedures and signing paperwork. Some of that paperwork was,, apparently, to legalize our identities for the purposes of obtaining drivers licenses for all of us with our female names and pictures on them. We were told that they would be ready for us when we came in for work the following morning.

Now, I imagine it has crossed all of your minds that it seems that an AWFUL lot of money had been spent with NO guaranty of any kind of commensurate return. I know it did cross my mind a time of two. Hell, looking at this thing logically, the cost of the bodysuits alone had to be in the tens of thousands of dollars, right? Well don't overwork your logic circuits. All will become clear as I progress with my tale of my journey towards womanhood.

***********************

Chapter Two

As we ended that day at work, I was feeling totally relaxed with looking and feeling like the beautiful woman I was masquerading as and, from my talks with the other "guys" I could tell that they were experiencing the same feelings as I was. We laughed (well, giggled, actually)at almost everything and I actually caught myself flirting with a couple of (gulp) guys who were working on the loading dock. They started to come over to us to talk, i guess, but, just then, Ms. Smith came back out and asked us all to come back inside for the final part of orientation. I gave the guys a smile and so did the other "girls" and we all headed back inside.

We filed into the orientation room and sat down and Ms. Smith started to speak.

"Well girls, you have gone through your first couple of days as women. From the looks of things you are all feeling very at ease and comfortable with your new looks. Any questions?" she asked.

I spoke up since we had decided that I would be the "spokesperson" for our little group.

"Yes, Ms. Smith, I have a couple of questions. Number one is, When we take these suits off, what happens to us? I mean the training that was on those tapes was very thorough and I don't necessarily want to act like a woman when I don't look like one. Number two, How long can these suits be worn before they become too uncomfortable or, for whatever reason, have to be taken off? And number three, Is there any danger of us getting trapped in these things?

She gave me one of those looks like I had seen Cary give me once in awhile since this whole thing began and said,

"Those are excellent questions, Ginny, and I am glad you have asked them. I had planned to go into these explanations anyway." She sat down with us and it seemed to me that she was trying to be friendly and, well, almost condescending at the same time. She then continued, saying, "When you take these suits off, which you will probably do for the first time on this coming Saturday, you will find that all of the temporary characteristics that you have acquired since putting them on, will fade into the back of your minds and should not come to the fore again until you put the suits back on. The programming is keyed to your appearances and when you put the suit back on
and look into any mirror, the programming will re assert itself. Oh there may be some very minor disorientation this first time when you remove the suit because of the length of time you will have been wearing it, but it will be very minor, I assure you."

"Your second question is not quite so easy to answer since these particular suits are the newest things available. According to all of our research and development people, You should be able to wear these suits indefinitely without discomfort and, unless there is a valid medical reason for removal of the suit, you could, theoretically and, if you wanted to, wear these suits 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for the rest of your life. All that is ever needed as far as maintenance is concerned is to just bathe of shower regularly. As a matter of fact, I have been wearing this one for almost a month solid now and I feel just fine. I even think that, as I wear the suit, it seems to gain more natural feeling as regards tactile senses."

Now, I have to stop here for a second and tell you about the reactions of all us "girls" at this revelation of Ms. Smith because they are worth mentioning! Every one of us had our mouths hanging wide open, looking like fly traps withlipstick around the edges of them! I definitely recall hearing gasping sounds coming from at least three of us and I also remember hearing things like NOWAY! And WELL I'LL BE DAMNED! And other expressions of disbelief! It took a moment for me to, A. catch my breath and, B. find my voice. When I did, a lot of gibberish spewed out of my mouth until my brain caught up and slowed medown. The first thing I said that made any sense at all, sounded like,

"You!.. BUT, BUT,.. That's a!......WHAT THE.........!” Yeah, I know! That doesn't sound like anything intelligent but it was the best I could do at the time! I mean, we were all shocked and confused and well, jabbering like bunch of (gulp) women! Well, after all that died down a little bit, Ms. Smith stood up and put her hands up to the back of her head and we all heard arrrrrrrrripping noise like velcro makes when you pull it apart. She pulled at the back of her head and her face changed! It got, well, weird looking like she was taking off a mask which, as it turned out, she was! In a few seconds she had enough of the face pulled off her head that we could see who it
really was. It was Mr. FRANKLIN!!! The guy who had hired me!

"That's right, gals" he said. " I'm the fella who hired you all! The only time in the last month that I have had this bodysuit off was the day I
interviewed and hired you. The rest of the time I have spent as Ms. Smith so I can reassure you that the wear time for those suits that you have on is as advertised. When I did take this suit off for the one day, I experienced no"bleedover" from the programming at all." She, well, he, aw whoever it was, then pulled the false face and hair back up around her head and resealed it and in just as long as it takes to tell it, there was Ms. Smith again, smiling at us! She then carried on as if nothing at all out of the ordinary had happened.

"As to your third question, can you get "trapped in those suits? Not as far as I know and not as far as our R&D people can predict. As you can guess, though, your suits are just a bit more advanced than the one I am wearing and we don't have all the test data back yet but all indications seem to point to the fact that those suits will come off as easily as they went on. Now I do have one word of caution. If you should ever be completely doused in very hot water, say about 140 degrees or so, you MUST take the suit off before you dry off. If you don't, well, then there is a chemical reaction that takes place and the material of the suit bonds with whatever is inside it at the time it
dries, and, as far as we can tell, it would become inseparable from your own skin. In fact it would be your new skin. That's the only warning I know of at this time and it seems a remote possibility so I wouldn't worry about it."Any other questions?"

Well, I couldn't think of anything else right then and even if I could have I doubt I could have vocalized it! Ms. Smith took our silence as an indication that we had no more to ask and got up to leave.

"Okay, ladies. If that's all, I will expect to see you all back here Bright and early tomorrow morning for your first real delivery runs. Since you five have stuck with it up to this point with no complaints and seem to be willing to carry on with this
experiment, I am authorized to tell you that, in with your first paycheck, there will be a bonus of 100 shares of company stock worth, right now about 10 dollars a share. I don't expect you to sell them but if you want to, you cannot until you have held them for a year or more from their issuing date. We can hold them for you in the company vaults or you can store them in your own safe deposit boxes at your bank of choice. Congratulations and, on behalf of the company and all the investors, Thank you all for your courage and commitment. We are breaking new ground here and there is no telling where we can go from here!" Then she shook our hands and left the room, looking for all the world to be a gorgeous female and moving like one.

We sat around and I guess we were all gathering our thoughts because nobody said anything for several minutes. Carl/Carla finally said, in a subdues tone of voice, "Wow! That was certainly an eye opener! I never would have guessed that she was him, I mean that he was... that Ms......" and he just sort of petered out at that point with an amazed look on his/her face, I guess, at this point I should refer to everyone as the gender they looked like at the time. It would make things easier.

No one else spoke up so I finally said, "Well, we might as well head for home or do any of you want to go out for a drink? I think I could use one after what we just saw and heard. Also, in case you missed it, each of us is gonna get a thousand dollar bonus in our first checks! What do you say, Jeri, Dana, Carla, Terri? Feel like a little celebration drink? There's a nice looking little place just down the street from that restaurant across the street from here. I noticed it when we were coming in to work this morning. Maybe we could get something to eat there as well."

It's an indication of how well the programming on those tapes had worked on us because with the exception of Dana, all the rest of the Girls agreed with me. Dana said she had to get back home and talk this whole thing over again with her girlfriend so she couldn't join us this time but she promised that she would go with us the very next time. We did the female, "kiss, kiss" thing goodbye and headed out to our cars. We paraded out of the parking lot and Dana went her way and the rest of us drove down the street to a littleplace called The Stumble Inn. Yeah, I know. Cutsie name, but it actually looked like a chic little place so we parked out front and went in to check it out. I guess we must have beaten the supper crowds because the place was pretty empty when we walked in.

A cute little brunette waitress greeted us and said, "Good evening ladies. Table for four?" I looked around and noticed that the place was nicely decorated and there were also no seedy looking drunks passed out at the bar, always a plus for an Inn, in my opinion, and answered,

"Yes, that'll be just fine." She took us over to a secluded table and, after we were all seated, took our drink orders and left us menus saying she would be right back with our drinks and to take our dinner orders. 'Well', I thought, 'so far, so good. The place looks clean and respectable, there are no stains on the menus or the tablecloths, and the waitress is friendly.' We sat and talked a bit and perused the menus and in a few minutes, she was back with our drinks. She placed them on the table and whipped out an order pad and asked if we were ready to order. When we had finished ordering, she gathered up the menus and started to move away from the table but stopped and turned back towards us and asked.

"Are you ladies working at that new delivery place up the street? I've never seen any of you before and I know they are just starting up." We replied in the affirmative and she continued. "Do you know if there are any more openings there? My husband has been out of work for almost two months and we are getting kind of desperate, moneywise. He was a driver for another delivery firm that went out of business and I am sure he would fit right in at that new place."

We all damn near lost it at that point and I made a show out of taking a sip of my drink before I answered her. "Well, honey," I said, "I will ask at the office up there and see if they need any more people but don't get your hopes up. I have no idea if they are going to be hiring anyone else, for a little while at least." I managed to get that out without strangling on my own laughter AND without laughing in that poor girl's face. I could picture her hubby in one of these bodysuits and the more I pictured it, the more I had tolaugh, until I couldn't hold it back anymore, and I just burst out in a fullbelly laugh which, by the way, sounded very weird in my female voice.

At that point, all bets were off and the other three at the table broke up as well and for a few minutes we were all just shrieking with laughter and had tears rolling down our cheeks.

When I could see again, I noticed that poor girl had an angry look on her face and I realized that she must have thought we were laughing at her! Before she could say anything I held up my hand, palm towards her and, through my giggling, I said, "Please, honey, don't be mad. We aren't laughing at you. It has been rough getting trained up there and today was the final training. We are all just so relieved that it's finally over and we will be really starting work tomorrow that we decided to stop here and celebrate and I'm afraid we got a bit carried away for a second there. Please forgive us." The angry look slowly left her face to be replaced by a questioning, "I'm not
sure" look, and she turned and walked away to place our orders.

I elbowed Jeri who was sitting next to me in the booth and I said, "We have to leave her a really nice tip" to all of the girls. She'll remember us now and if we ever have to come in here again, she will treat us better if we tip well and leave her with a good taste in her mouth about us." OK, ok, bad choice of words but that set everyone off again and it was one of those things where whatever was said was funny, even if it wasn't and we were just recovering, finally, when the waitress came back with our food. She set the food down on the table and took our mysteriously empty drink glasses. I didn't remember drinking mine but, then, I didn't remember much of the last
15 or 20 minutes. I had been laughing too hard and having too much fun with the other girls.

We reordered drinks, going with a light wine this time since we were going to have to drive when we left here and I took the opportunity to reassure the waitress, Betty was her name, that we were really sorry if it had seemed that we had been laughing at her. She smiled a little bit and said it was ok and left us to enjoy our dinner. The food was very good and Betty's service couldn't have been better. We all had a good time that afternoon/evening and, all to soon the time had come to part company until the next morning. We left Betty a really good tip, about 35 dollars altogether and paid our bill and left the Inn, promising to come back again and we meant it too. Then we all
went to our cars and headed our separate ways home.

On the way home, I did a lot of thinking about where I was and what I was doing. Okay, I'm out on the west coast, California. Sunshine, movie stars, beach bunnies. What could be wrong with that? Well, let's see. The first thing that comes to mind is, I now look like one of those beach bunnies!

Now I want you all to understand where my mind was at this particular time. I was thinking, acting, sounding and moving like a real woman. My responses became more feminine with every hour I spent inside this bodysuit, but I didn't feel weird about it or concerned at all. Instead, I felt relaxed, happy and well, feminine! I remember thinking, "Boy, if they ever patent the programming they used on me and the others, they'll make a fortune to go with the fortune they are gonna make by selling these bodysuits." And then it hit me!

'WAIT ONE DAMNED MINUTE HERE!' That thought came slamming into my brain like a runaway freight train! I had to pull over to the side of the expressway or I would have lost control of the car for sure. I just sat there shaking for a few minutes, trying to work through that thought but I knew I wasn't gonna work it out just sitting here at the side of the road. Besides, some cop could come along and I had no I.D. that would match the way I looked. So I pulled back onto the roadway and cautiously made my way back to Cary's apartment. When I got there, I parked in the lot and practically ran up to the apt, unlocked the door and slammed it closed behind me. I threw my purse in the direction of the couch, kicked my high heels into the corner of the room and flung myself into the easy chair.

I sat there, halfway angry and halfway scared for about 2 hours or so, trying to figure out what the hell was going on here and why Cary had been lying to me! He had to have been lying, after all. Nobody would go to this much trouble to set up a delivery service! There had to be another reason but what could it be? I got up from the easy chair and began pacing around the room. Sometimes that helps me think but this time I came up with nothing. I was going to have to have more information before any of this would make sense. I also realized that I wasn't going to be able to talk to Cary about any of my suspicions until I knew where he stood in all of this. I knew also that I would have to clue in the other girls, unless they had already reached the same conclusions I had. Could this be some kind of government thing? Or maybe some BIG business secret? Or maybe..... Oh my God! Could this be an espionage kind of....and with that thought, my mind spun off into several fantastic and, to the best of my knowledge then, ridiculous scenarios.

The next time I looked at the clock, it was 9:45 PM and I was no closer to figuring anything out than I had been out there on the road when the idea had first hit me, and Cary still wasn't home. I took a quick shower and went to bed, my mind reeling with thoughts of government conspiracies, and spy agencies and big business plots. The one thing I definitely knew for sure wasthat the next few days at work were going to be nerve wracking and very, very interesting!

***********************

Chapter Three

TUESDAY MORNING:

I awoke the next morning after a very sleepless night. My body had been tired enough to sleep but my mind just wouldn't go into shut down mode. It kept going over and over different scenarios that would offer some explanation for all the weirdness that was going on. I mean you've got 5 guys who have nothing in common, really, wearing bodysuits that make them look like incredibly hot women. You have programming tapes that fill up their heads with all the knowledge required to act, move, and react like the women they appear to be. You even have the liquid that changes their voices so they sound like women. What in the hell could the reason behind this actually be?

I could hear Cary's snores coming from behind his bedroom door so I must have fallen asleep at some point during the night or I would have remembered hearing him come in. Yeah, I had a lot of questions for him, too but I had to be careful. I didn't want to give the fact that I had tumbled to whatever scheme was going on, to Cary. I had to play this very close to the vest, as card players say because I had a feeling that, whatever was behind this elaborate scheme, it wouldn't be real healthy for me or the other "girls" if it became known that we knew something was going on. I wondered, briefly, about letting the other "girls" know what I had figured out, thinking thatthey might not be able to keep a secret, that they might panic whenconfronted by the thought of some nefarious plot perpetrated by God only knew
who.

With those thoughts running through my tired mind, I got up and did my morning ablutions. You know, shower, powder, makeup, all the things every guy umm.. girl does every morning. Take a drink of the voice changer and put the bottle in my purse, just in case. Then I dressed in another of the provided uniforms, this one an Ivory top and a very short light brown skirt with the appropriate lacy under things. Then I brushed out my long red hair until it shone and did a little styling with a curling iron. When I was satisfied with how I looked, I went into the kitchen to fix something to eat.

I debated with myself as to whether I ought to wake Cary up and I decided to let him sleep. I wasn't sure I could maintain a dumb act with him and I didn't know how I should or could if I felt I should, bring up my suspicions and discuss my concerns with him. I had to know more about what might be going on and what Cary's role in all of it, if any, was. So I fixed myself a quiet breakfast of fruit and juice. I sat there, eating and thinking, for about 20 minutes before I decided that I could probably think clearer away from the apartment so I finished up, took care of the dishes, put on my 3 inch work heels, grabbed my keys and my purse and went down to get into my car.

As I drove in to work that morning I tried to keep my mind on my driving. Although we had gotten our new I.D. papers yesterday, including a California drivers license with our new names on them, I wasn't anxious to test them out if some over zealous public servant, namely a cop, decided that I wasn't driving up to California standards. So I took it easy, staying with traffic but not making waves, if you know what I mean. I arrived at work about a half hour early and parked in the lot. I saw that Jeri's and Carla's cars were already there and, after I locked my car, I walked across the street for a quick cup of coffee before beginning work.

When I walked into the little diner across the street I saw Jeri and Carla sitting in a booth and I walked over and sat down with them. I ordered a cup of coffee when the waitress came over and after she left the three of us talked for a bit about what we would be doing that day and how it would be to actually deliver stuff looking and acting like lovely women. We talked a bit about what it would be like to get hit on by guys and how we might handle that, and just generally sounded like three working girls talking about theirnew jobs. I wondered about bringing up my suspicions but I decided to wait until all 5 of us could be together.

After about 15 minutes or so we finished our coffees and headed back across the street to go to work. We went in the main doors and went to the dispatchers office to get our keys and route sheets. We met Terri and Dana there and, for a few minutes, it sounded just like every other group of excited women I had ever heard. Little squeals of excitement and oohs and ahs over who got which route and what part of the city and everyone complimenting everyone else on how well their uniforms fit them and how pretty we all looked. We had all seen the Ads on billboards about AG DELIVERIES on the way to work. I thought, 'Wow, whoever is behind this, they sure do work fast!' I
hadn't seen any billboards on the way home yesterday. Then, the most curious thing happened. The very second I got my route assignment something went *click* in my head and instead of thinking about the "conspiracy", I found myself walking over to a mirror and, when I got there, I checked my makeup and jewelry! My thoughts were, all of a sudden, focused on how I looked and the streets I would have to drive and the offices I would be delivering to! I didn't think anything about it at the time. It was only later, after I found
out what this whole thing was all about, that I remembered what I am telling you now.

I remember walking out to my delivery van which was already loaded with all the things I would be delivering that day and, along with the other "girls" we all "mounted up and headed out" on our respective routes. I don't remember the specifics of that first day at all. I vaguely remember making deliveries and flirting with men in the offices but it's all vague and hazy in my mind, even now. The next thing I clearly remember, I was pulling my empty van into the parking lot at AG. My route book was filled out and showed every delivery I had made along with how much I had collected in fees and tips. It came to over 1500 dollars in fees and over 200 dollars in tips! I found myself walking back to the dispatcher's office and when I got there, I turned over all the cash and checks I had gotten from the places I had delivered to. Then I turned over my tips and the dispatcher said,

"Don't worry about your tip money, Ginny, You'll get it all back before you leave today. We just want to document it and count it so we have an idea ofhow much the customers appreciate the new service. Plus, this was an easy day since it's the first on the routes for all you "new girls". As time goes onthe workload will get heavier and the fees and tips should grow commensurately. Hell girl, you could be bringing home over 3000 dollars a day by the end of the week and taking home 4-600 dollars in tips!

That sounded like one hell of a lot of money to me and I couldn't imagine what we were delivering that would garner that much money! But, like I said earlier, I wasn't thinking really clearly right then and it wasn't until I was punching out at the time clock that my mind got totally clear again. Even then, I couldn't recall details of my day and after I punched out, I went into the break room to get a cold drink and try to figure things out. I bought a cold soda from one of the machines there and sat down to quench my thirst and to think. Terri and Dana came in right about then and I could see that they had sorta puzzled looks on their faces as well. They each got something to drink and then sat down at the table with me.

We didn't talk much but, rather just kinda sat there, each of us thinking our own private thoughts, I guess. After a few more minutes, Jeri and Carla came in and they too had those puzzled looks on their faces. We all sat there without talking for a few more minutes until Ms. Smith came in to the room. She was all smiles and really elated at seeing us all there and began tospeak to us.

"Girls! What a wonderful first day you had! Do you realize that, together, you brought in almost 10 thousand dollars in fees and almost1200dollars in tips? And this was an EASY day. Just imagine how much you will be making by the end of this week alone, let alone the weeks to come!" She was almost hugging herself in excitement and we all just stared at her in amazement!

Then, and I do remember this, although I apparently wasn't supposed to, she said, "RUMBLESEAT!" In a very clear voice and, all of a sudden the details of the entire day came rushing into my mind. I could recall every delivery, every time I flirted with some guy and every moment of the day right up to, and including, what I had for lunch! I thought, "Now that's really strange! How come I couldn't remember all this just a little while ago?"

I pushed those thoughts back into the back of my mind for right then, though, because I didn't want to arouse any suspicions. I could think about after I got out of the building and was on my way home. I didn't see any indications on any of the other "girls" faces and that led me to believe that, incredible as it might seem, some kind of hypnosis was at work here. Oh yeah! Real suspicious! After all that stuff on those tapes, I should have been aware of that a long time before now!

Well, anyway, right after that, Ms. Smith handle each of us an envelope that she told us contained our tips for the day. I opened mine right then and counted it and it was correct, 255 dollars. The other "girls" counted theirs as well and they all verified that the amounts were correct.

We left and went to our cars, Jeri, Terri, Carla and Dana talking excitedly about how much they had made in just one day. I was very quiet and Dana asked me what was wrong. I just said something about just being a little tired and I was sure I would be fine the next morning. We parted company in the parking lot and got into our cars for the trip home saying all the things women say when they part after a day at work and doing those little finger wiggle waves at each other. I sat down in my car and just sat there for a moment trying to
think all this out.

There was no longer any doubt in my mind that something was "rotten in the state of Denmark" as my Dad used to say, meaning that there was something vert wrong with this whole set up. I had to find the answer and something was telling me I had to find it quick! I was beginning to think that if I got into this thing too deeply, I might never get out! I stopped at a little bar on the way home. I couldn't think clearly while driving and I had to try and get some things straight in my mind. It ought to tell you what frame of mind I was because I completely forgot about how I looked right now! I walked into that place and it seemed like time just stopped for a couple of seconds.

Every male head in that bar turned toward the door when I entered and I could actually feel the weight of every eye on me. If I had ben a "real" woman at that point in time, I probably could have smelled the testosterone beginning to permeate the air in there! I started to turn around and leave but I really neded a drink and I thought, "Well, ok. This bar is full of guys and they are all looking at me like a starving man looks at a cut of rare prime rib but I can handle this. After all, I am a guy, no matter how I look and act. There's no way I can get in any trouble if I just get a drink and sit by myself and think for a few minutes."

Ever hear that phrase that was popular at the time, “Yeah right?” Oh, brother was I ever wrong! Inside of 2 minutes of my entering that bar I had 5 guys practically hanging off my neck, all wanting to "buy me a drink" or saying things like, "you look lonesome, baby, how's about you and me getting to know each other better?" and even, (eeeeeew) "what's your sign?" Well, I finished my first drink but before I could even put the glass down on the table I had sat down at, 4 or 5 more drinks were almost pushed into my face by 4 or 5 different guys. One guy even had a cigarette lighter out and lit as if he were giving me a light and I didn't even have a cigarette! Just then, I heard a voice over the din of conversation and it said,

"Hey guys! Why don't you leave the little lady alone! The way you are all crowding around her she probably can't even breathe! It was a deep and pleasant voice but I could hear the all too apparent sound of command in it. It sounded like a voice that would belong to a politician. The guys crowding around me kind of straightened up and I could hear an intake of breath from more than one of them as they turned to look over their shoulders at this intruder on their hunting grounds. When the guys parted a little ways I could see the individual who had spoken. He was sitting at the bar and I wondered why I hadn't seen him when I first came in. He was tall, though I couldn't tell
just how tall since he was seated. He had dark brown hair and was very rugged looking but not ugly. You know the kind of guy I mean. Sort of like Stacey Keach in that Mike Hammer TV show a few years back.

For a minute it was very quiet in the bar and then one of the guys around me said, "Hey pal, why don't you mind your own damned business. This "lady", and I could almost hear the quotes, "came in here looking for a little fun and we intend to oblige her, don't we guys?" I could hear a murmer of assent from the other men around me and I figured I'd better think quick or there is gonna be trouble here. Working out the odds I thought that one to one would be better than 4 or 5 to one and I stood up and waved gaily at the guy at the
bar, calling out to him, "Well hello, darling. I was wondering when you would get here!" All these nice gentlemen were keeping me from getting lonely! Wasn't that nice of them?" I got up quickly and headed for the bar, swinging my hips for all I was worth. I remember thinking, "Okay, if I can make it to the bar without one of these guys stopping me, then I can run out the door and be in my car before any of these guys can make it to the door."

Well, I made it to the bar okay but something made me stop and greet the fella at the bar like he was a long lost friend or, gulp, lover! I put it down to self preservation just then but later I realized that somehow I had to have known that this guy was someone who would be able to help me out of more than just this situation. I bent down and kissed him lightly on the cheek and whispered,

"Please help me get out of here" He looked in my eyes and he must have seen the desperation in them because he reached out with both arms and hugged me saying in a loud enough voice to be heard all over the bar, "You got yourself in too deep again, didn't you, honey?" He looked at those men again and said, "Fellas, this is my girl friend Nancy. We were supposed to meet here at this time, but she just can't resist flirting a little bit with every guy she sees. I love her madly but sometimes she gets in over her head. She didn't mean anything fellas and just to show you that my heart is in the right place, I am gonna buy a round for the house!"

He turned to the bartender and told him to set 'em up and tossed a 50 dollar bill on the bar. In that loud voice again, he said, "Use that until it's gone!" Then he stood up, put his arm around my waist and pulled me in closeto him and (YIKES!) kissed me! I mean KISSED! Not your 'Glad to see ya sweetie where we goin' to supper at?' kind of kiss, but a full, on the lips,mouth parted man to woman kiss! I started to struggle but then I realized that if I did, it might ruin the illusion that we were boy and girl friends so I just closed my eyes and went with it. I guess it must have been the programming on those tapes that kicked in, but after a second or so, I began to respond to that kiss! My mouth opened all by itself and I felt his tongue gently begin to search around in my mouth. I began to get a little short of breath and I pushed gently at his chest. He broke the contact between our lips and looked deeply into my eyes and I could see a question there. I whispered,

"Please just help me get out of here before I get gang raped by those neanderthals over there. I have my car right outside and I can get away before they can figure out what happened. I'll give you back your 50 bucks but I gotta get out of here!"

He winked at me and seemed to understand because he stood up and said, "Okay, Nancy. I forgive you, again, but one of these days I am gonna leave you in whatever mess you get yourself into!" He Grabbed my hand and led me out of that bar.

The second we were outside, I breathed a sigh of relief and reached in my purse for my car keys. My fingers also located the envelope with my tips in it and I fished it out, opened it up and pulled out 50 dollars. I looked up at him. Now that he was standing up I could see that he was tall! About 6'3" and he looked to weigh in at about a solid 230 lbs, and I do mean solid! He took the 50 dollars but kept hold of my hand and said

"OK doll, what was that all about?" and he jerked his head in the direction of the bar. You know, you are gonna get yourself in a lot of trouble jerking guys around like you did in there. Maybe the next time there won't be somebody like me to "rescue you!"

up
88 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Nice and Soft

BarbieLee's picture

Nicely done Cathy. Knowing you and what you told me about stories you do NOT like. Yeah, I wasn't expecting any real blood, guts, murder, mayhem, witches boiling cauldrons or such. Just a nice soft telling of a tale and you gave us that.
Hugs Sweety
always
Barb

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl