Easy As Falling Off a Bike pt 3090

Printer-friendly version
The Daily Dormouse.
(aka Bike, est. 2007)
Part 3090
by Angharad

Copyright© 2016 Angharad

  
007b_0_0.jpg

This is a work of fiction any mention of real people, places or institutions is purely coincidental and does not imply that they are as suggested in the story.
*****

“This your house then?” I heard Danielle ask the woman.

“What’s it to you?”

“Just wondered—you gonna let us go then?”

“When I get my son back, I’ll consider it.”

“You gonna let him abuse us, like he threatened to?”

“When did he do that?” the woman asked.

“While you were upstairs, he said we were nice bit of stuff and he would enjoy getting to know us better, din’t he Cind?”

“Something like that,” Cindy agreed.

“He didn’t—he wouldn’t,” our kidnapper said loudly.

“Okay, he didn’t, but you’re not sure are you? Danny told me he was abused by his stepfather, I wondered if you were going to allow him to do the same...” I heard a slap and Danielle said, “Ouch.” Once again James made me stay quietly.

“Don’t worry, if she does anything really bad I’ll stop her,” he whispered.

“You won’t, I’ll be there before you,” I hissed back.

“My mother will find us you know, and when she does you’ll be very sorry.”

“And just how will she do that?”

“We have tracking devices.”

“Have you now? George...” she yelled, “Where is that man?”

“Looks like my mum could be here.”

“Shut up, you little trollop.”

“Meee? If what Danny told me is true you’re the slut, Missus.”

“Why you...” there was a second slap only this time I heard a second blow.

“Don’t you hit my sister,” said Cindy loudly and James looked round at me and smiled.

“You little cow,” at this stage it sounded as if the room descended into total chaos as the two teens attacked their abductor who kept yelling for George.

“What did you do to him?” I hissed at James.

“Enough, don’t worry about him.”

“Phone the cops,” I heard Danielle say as the sound of a brawl now emanated from the room, “ouch, ouch—watch out Cind, she’s got a...owww.”

It was at this stage I dashed into the room and dropped our villainess with a single blow. She lay groaning on the carpet. “Mummmeee,” said Danielle and threw herself at me. Cindy also came to have a hug while James produced some cable ties and secured our villain with her hands behind her back, then he picked her up and dumped her in an easy chair.

“I told you my mother would rescue us,” said Danielle as well as any fourteen year old girl could, all that was missing was the, na na da na na.

The woman stared at me in disbelief. “How did you get in?” she said.

“My mum’s an angel, she flew in,” spat Danni at her captor.

We saw headlights come down the drive. “The police are here,” I said triumphantly, “I hope they charge you with abducting a child.”

Moments later a man walked in with another behind him and they both had guns. “Kill them all,” screamed the woman but before the two new entrants could do more than blink, James had disarmed one by kicking the gun out of his hand then he grabbed him and drove him backwards into the other smashing both into the wall across the hallway. A couple of blows were heard and James returned rubbing his knuckles.

“Thanks,” I said before facing the woman again, “You were saying?”

“Where’s George?” she asked.

“Nursing an acute headache,” offered James.

“Who are you?” she shouted at him.

“Someone you don’t want to annoy,” he said and then pointing at me, said, “and you certainly don’t want to upset her ladyship, she doesn’t take prisoners.”

More lights entered the driveway and this time we saw the blue flashing ones. It was the cavalry. We let them enter before I assumed command of our side of things.

“Lady Cameron, I should have known you’d be here before us.”

“Lady?” gasped our captive.

“Yes, she’s married to Lord Simon Cameron, you know, owns High St Banks or his old man does.”

“Oh,” she sat for a moment, “Where is my son?”

“I don’t have any boys.”

“Penelope Maiden-Carter, I’m arresting you on suspicion of the abduction of two children, you don’t have to say anything...” the senior copper an inspector read the riot act and James, Danielle, Cindy and I slipped away to get them home.

“Coo, I’m glad that’s over, d’you think she would have killed us?”

“I don’t know sweetheart, I hope not.”

“Me too,” she said squeezing my hand.

“She told the two men to shoot us,” said Cindy, “so she mighta been gonna do it.”

“If she’d realised she had her son, it is me she’d have probably shot.”

“Nah, she didn’t have her son, she had your daughter, Mum; let’s get that right, an’ I don’t want no one to tell her, neither.”

“As the police will have a record of what happened to you at Pia’s house, they may actually disclose that to her.”

“Oh bugger, don’t want her lookin’ for her daughter next time.”

“I don’t think she will, Danielle. What did you do with George?” I asked James.

“Temporarily incommoded him, why?”

“How, I didn’t hear any blows.”

“Carotids.”

“Isn’t that dangerous?”

“Only for the victim.”

“That’s what I meant.” I rolled my eyes and he smirked.

“Look, I was taught how to do it to render unconscious or to render permanently... you know.”

“You hit him with a carrot?” asked Cindy.

“Yeah,” smirked James.

“Musta been a bloody big one.”

“It was,” I replied, “it’s the one Danielle dilates with.”

“Hoy,” complained a blushing teenager.

Cindy’s mother was delighted to have her daughter home, safe and sound. The police had escorted her home from work on breaking the news that Cindy and Danielle had been abducted.

On the way home I called Sister Maria and said we’d recovered the missing two, was she going to put them in detention for playing truant? She laughed and said no, unless I wanted her to.

“Hoy,” came from the back seat, it sounded as if Danni was impersonating a penguin. I wonder if she knows the males look after the babies.

Back at home we got an entirely deserved effusive welcome, even Bramble seemed to want in on it, climbing up James’ trouser leg to join in the fun. Peculiarly, he didn’t seem to enjoy her using him as a ladder and her well being was endangered for a moment until Trish saw what was happening and snatched her off James’ leg. Seems our cat did him more damage than the three men he ‘incommoded’. To us that would be no surprise as she is no respecter of person when she wants something, as Julie once found out.

She was out in the garden hanging out her washing and bent down to pick something out of the laundry basket when Bramble used her bum as a launch pad to fly after some insect or other. Sadly she had her crampons out and Julie had some nasty scratches on a part of her anatomy no one was interested in kissing better.

“The police will want to talk to us, won’t they? Asked Danni as I tucked her in.

“’Fraid so.”

“Yeah, thought so, why, I was the victim in all this?”

“They’ll want to talk a lot longer to your abductors.”

“Aren’t they muscles in your leg?” she said obviously remembering the term from one of her coaching lectures.

“Think so,” was my clever reply.”

05Dolce_Red_l_0.jpg

up
265 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Great Chapter

jennifer breanna's picture

Glad to see everyone's safe. Merry Christmas

Jenni

Home for Christmas

Cathy had to get everyone home in time for Christmas!

Best wishes to everyone for Christmas or whatever else you wish to call the day.

IT looks like the Cameron

IT looks like the Cameron family is going to have a very nice Christmas as a complete family once more; while Penelope and her gang will being having theirs in the local pokey. Could not happen to a more deserving woman and her three henchmen.

Still lovin' it.

Well, all done and dusted then home for Christmas and hopefully a happy family thing.

bev_1.jpg

A bit late

Phew, at least there's no cliffhanger today.
I am glad Danni is safe and well. Now they can concentrate on having a humbug free Christmas.
I am still loving the story.
Love to all
Anne G.