Easy As Falling Off a Bike pt 3087

Printer-friendly version
The Daily Dormouse.
(aka Bike, est. 2007)
Part 3087
by Angharad

Copyright© 2016 Angharad

  
007b_0_0.jpg

This is a work of fiction any mention of real people, places or institutions is purely coincidental and does not imply that they are as suggested in the story.
*****

“This is no good, we’re just going round in circles,” I groaned to James.

“What would you like me to do?” he asked as we came up to yet another chicane designed to slow drivers down as ponies, deer, pigs, cattle and even the odd wild boar is said to roam this area. There are also loads of cyclists as the area is essentially flat and of course hikers and walkers who feel they should have priority over everything else. Mind you, a pair of feet is the ultimate all terrain equipment.

“Pull over in that car park for a minute.” I pointed to a small parking area under a group of trees. He did as I asked and cut the engine. I got out of the car and walked about in a small circle trying to get a bearing on the two girls. I know one still had a winkie but at her age so did I.

I knew they were still alive—if they weren’t Billie would have told me. I know, this gets even more bizarre than usual, but she would. I walked over to small bench and seated myself, then I tried to tune in—but to what?

It’s strange but I found this easier to do in a semi urban environment than here. I wondered if that was down to me or to the two girls being in unfamiliar surroundings—though Danielle should be reasonably familiar with the countryside, she’s been dormousing with me often enough.

I imagined sitting directly beneath a huge sun which was filling me with powerful white light, it was also protecting me from external influences and other energies which might distract me from my cause. It took several minutes to feel I was really charged up and then I just imagined the light spreading out from me searching through the forest for the two girls.

According to James I sat there for nearly an hour and he said he thought he could see light pulsating around me on occasions. He also said the radio in the car went all funny and his smart phone lost its signal. I suspect a few others did for that short time. I also realised why the two girls weren’t responding to my light messages, they were both drugged, though with what I wasn’t sure, except it was probably some form of sedative.

By working with white light, I could imagine it moving through a prism and a rainbow effect would then continue spreading out across the forest in all directions at once. The blue light would find its own when I asked it to. Once a whole circle of blue light had been emitted together with all the other colours of the spectrum, I bid it find its own and to come and tell me where.

I eased myself off the bench. I was stiff and tired, holding my concentration for that amount of time takes a lot of energy. I also felt very hungry and not a little cold—it was after all, December. Sitting down again I went back into my little trance and tuned back into the energy. As I suspected, there were more than one places returning blue light—why is everything always so bloody difficult?

Asking the light to identify which of these were the two girls, it just played dumb and continued showing me the three areas, all of course in different directions. I expressed my irritation with it but accepted there had to be a reason for these three reports. I told it to show me in which order I should attend them and two immediately faded into the background. At last we may be doing it right.

I strode quickly to the car and two things happened, I knew the light would guide me but I also had an image of a place in my mind, so I’d be able to identify it. James asked me which way and I guided him as the energy directed, finally I told him to stop outside a row of houses heading towards Brockenhurst.

Getting out of the car, I could see the house which had been shown to me. “In here,” I said to James and I saw him surreptitiously adjust something under his jacket—I knew it wasn’t his bra strap. I had no sense of danger though there was one of urgency. I rang the doorbell and waited, and waited.

James casually walked around the back of the house, “Cathy, come quickly,” he called and I dashed down the short drive and to the rear of the property. He pointed inside a conservatory and I glanced down to where his hand indicated. An oldish lady lay all tangled up in her walking frame and seemed unable to move. I grabbed a stone from the garden to break a window when he tried the door and it slid open. I dropped the stone and blushed, following him into the large glass construction.

Between us, we untangled her and helped her to sit in an armchair. I rushed into the kitchen and got her a glass of water but she dismissed it, “That’s no bloody good, there’s some three star cognac in the larder. I’ve had a bit of a shock you know.” I blushed and James smirked. I returned with the brandy and she tipped the water into a pot plant then pouring half a tumbler of the firewater she took a good slug and coughed.

“Better?” I asked.

“Much,” she replied. “How did you find me?”

I shrugged, “Something told me to stop the car and visit the house, I don’t know what.”

“My prayers were answered. Thank you so much.”

I shrugged, “You’re welcome.”

I turned to leave. “The power is strong in you, isn’t it?”

I spun round nearly knocking James over. “I don’t know what you mean,” I bluffed.

“Yes you do, young lady, the goddess has blessed you in spades. It was to her that I asked for help, you are a manifestation of that help. Follow her guidance, she has great plans for you.”

“Unless they include the recovery of my daughter and her friend who we think were abducted earlier today, I’m not interested.”

“Trust in her and your powers, they are your best means of locating and protecting your child and her friend. They both have some of the power too, don’t they?”

“That’s how I’m hoping to find them, by following their light.”

“Trust in our Lady, she won’t disappoint you.”

“I wish I could be as sure as you.”

“You can be, which is why she has chosen you as one of her messengers, as in the Greek, my dear.”

“We have to go.”

“May the goddess protect and guide you,” she called as we walked briskly back to the car.

“What was all that about?” asked James.

“I’d have thought it was self explanatory.”

“What you speaking in tongues?”

“What?”

“You were both speaking some weird language.”

“I was speaking English.”

“No you weren’t.” He played his phone back to me, he was right, I was conversing in a language I’d never heard before but I was sure I’d spoken English, it’s the only language I speak apart from idiomatic Bristolian—or should that be idiotic?

05Dolce_Red_l_0.jpg

up
255 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Wonder if it is a Greek

Wonder if it is a Greek goddess Cathy has been seeing and talking to all these past months and years? From the old woman's comments to Cathy, it could be.

So very close

yet still the girls remain just out of reach .... Cathy did however meet someone whose words will make her think , Whether she accepts and acts on them though is another matter altogether , Cathys mind still seems closed even though she still periodically call on the goddess for help, Sooner or later she might have to accept that she needs to make a choice .... Does she go against all her long held beliefs and accept there is a presence in her life from another plane .... Or does she just bury her head in the sand and hope it all goes away ..

Kirri

Now if Scully could ride

Now if Scully could ride around with Cathy.

Karen