Old friend, New love - 5

Printer-friendly version

It took a while, to get to sleep. It had been a long time, since I had been attracted to someone, as strongly, as I had been to Kate that day. I had spent the whole day with her and had enjoyed it all. It was only when the thought of returning the pleasure she was giving me, that thoughts of Kevin intruded. Was I being homophobic? Would this be a problem, if our relationship grew, as I was beginning to hope it might? She had certainly convinced me, that there was a female soul inside that body. She had really taken charge of the situation, and I had found myself really enjoying that. How would this affect the friendship with Chrissie, which I also valued greatly? With all these questions bounce around my head, sleep did not come easily. But, eventually exhaustion ruled.

I was awaken by my phone. “Did you sleep well, lover?”

“As you said, there was a lot to think about, and it took quite a while to get to sleep.”

“Same for me. Are you ready for some breakfast?”

“You just woke me up. But I can be ready in 15 minutes.”

“Good. I'll be ready and waiting for you.”

As I opened the door, the aroma of fresh coffee greeted me. Followed shortly by a hug and a kiss, which I enthusiastically returned.

“You will make someone a great wife someday.”

“Is that an offer?”

“You definitely have my interest.”

A little jolt passed through my body as she took my hand, saying “Sit down.”

My place was set with a fresh cup of hot coffee, a glass of orange juice, and a plate ready for pancakes from the platter on the table, and crispy bacon from a plate. I sipped the coffee, letting out a contented sigh, and began loading my plate. I opted for the sugar free maple, from the collection of syrups.

“Well, did you reach any conclusions, thinking about last night?” queried Kate.

“Only that you shouldn't have much trouble, transitioning to Kate.”

“I am afraid there will be more and worse, of the unpleasant little incident, in the real world.”

“You transition better than anyone I have ever known. And while there are sure to be incidents I have great confidence, that you will handle them well.”

“You seemed to really enjoy yourself last night.”

I wondered if she was referring to the dance or the after activity. I chose the safe route “At first the club seemed a little seedy, but the food was good, and the people friendly, and I really enjoyed myself, after I got into the swing of things.”

“Yeah, it is a little low budget, but we try to keep costs down, so everyone can afford it. It's really come a long way in the 3 years it’s existed. Barbara and I were founding members.”

“I was surprised so many knew and accepted Kate.”

“Well there was an incident, a year and a half ago, at Halloween. Kate was taking the opportunity to make an appearance, and Barbara went in male drag. A couple of young males, were verbally harassing Kate similar to last night. Barbara exploded at them. She told them that I was a better man than they would ever be. And that she loved me whether I was in a business suit or a dress.” It was very uncharacteristic of her, but it made me love her even more.”

I saw tears forming in her eyes, and slid over to her. To hold her hand and give her a shoulder to cry on. She rested her head on me, but continued “The managing board, met with us, and we told them that I was transgendered. Barbara apologized for her outburst, but explained that she was frustrated that others couldn't see how wonderful I was, and that she was overly emotional, due to just being diagnosed with breast cancer. I expected them to bar Kate, or even Kevin and Barbara from the club. But they surprised me by me by stating that I was welcome as either Kevin or Kate. Kate has returned, about a half dozen times since then.” She broke into a full cry. I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her.

She settled down. As we were cleaning the dishes, she hit me with the biggest surprise of all. “How would Chrissie feel about a date with Kevin?”

Where did that come from? I had told her Chrissie had no interest in men. She wanted to be Kate full time. It just didn't fit. “Chrissie is just out of the closet. She is certainly not ready to be out and about in public.”

“We don't have to go anywhere, we could just have a quiet evening together, like Chrissie and Kate have been doing.”

I didn't understand, what was going on here, but I desperately wanted to please her. “How about Chrissie cooking dinner for Kevin in the motorhome, and a Netflix movie afterward.”

“That would be great.”

We set it up for Tuesday. I was confused, over what I was getting myself into, but was determined to carry on, and see where it led.

We spent the rest of the day together, chatting amicably, but at least to me, it seemed different. I was anxious about how the Kevin-Chrissie date would go, and what effect it might have on our relationship. I somehow couldn’t bring myself to ask why she wanted that date. But that question was always burning at the front of my mind. Kate also seemed distracted. So after a dinner of take out Italian beef sandwiches and onion rings we parted for the evening.

Again, sleep did not come easy. What was Kate trying to accomplish with this date? How would I handle the date? Chrissie had never really been alone with a man. How would she handle it? How would she react. I decided that Chrissie would do her best to reciprocate to Kevin, what Kate had done for Chris. I hoped this would settle the homophobic question bouncing in my head. It also seemed like the best opportunity I would get, to explore forbidden fantasies. Such thoughts kept me awake well into the morning.

When I finally awoke from my fitful sleep it was 11 AM. I showered shaved and dressed. I had a fast food lunch, and started shopping for Chrissies date. Somehow I was less self conscious, about getting makeup, perfume and even special lingerie for the evening, than I usually was shopping for Chrissie. I even bought special shoes, 4-½” stiletto heel red sandals. I doubted, I would be able to move very gracefully in them, but I knew they would make me feel sexy for Kevin, which was their true purpose. I considered trying them on in the store, but chickened out. Just buying them as Chris was unusually bold for me.

The one item, I found myself self conscious about buying, was the flavored condoms. I was still unsure about my reactions to becoming a cocksucker, and felt these, might make it easier, and make an adverse reaction less likely.

After that, the grocery shopping was relatively easy. The bacon wrapped fillets seemed a safe choice. The cooked and peeled shrimp would be a nice appetizer. Add a couple medium sized Idaho potatoes, and a bunch of fresh broccoli. And dinner was taken care of. I added some prepackaged chocolate mousse for dessert, and microwave popcorn for the movie, a nice merlot, and a six pack of amber ale, and another of Corona, completed the grocery shopping.

It was after 4, not enough time to beat Kevin home and change into Chrissie.

I called Kevin, he answered on the third ring, “Hello.”

“Hello Kevin, it’s Chris. I was wondering what the plans for tonight are.”

“There aren’t any real plans. I would assume Chrissie and Kate would spend the evening chatting.”

“I was wondering how you would feel, about Chris taking you out to dinner and a few beers, and letting the girls fend for themselves.”

“That’s fine with me, as long as you don’t spend the whole night, giving me the second degree over the date with your sister.”

“Mostly I want to get to know you better. There may be a little protectiveness, but that could go both ways.”

“OK then, let’s have dinner together. Any suggestions where?”

“You know the area better than me, but I think I’m in a mood for casual Mexican, with a good beer menu.”

“I know a good place that fits that description. We can meet at the house at 6:00.”

“Great. I’ll see you at the house at 6:00.”

We met at 6:00, and he took us to a place called “Casa Susanna”.

He ordered a Corona, and I ordered a Negro Modella, to go with the tortilla chips and salsa, the waiter had brought. I started “We really haven’t gotten to know each other very well, for our sisters being such good friends.”

“No, but I understand you are getting to know my sister better.”

“I’ve always found her attractive, she asked for me to escort her to a dance. I thought I was getting too old for romance, but I found her so attractive, I’m reconsidering.”

“I too, have pretty much given up on romance. Some of the drugs I’m on, reduce libido. But I have always found your sister attractive, and I am looking forward to our date.”

The waiter came with our beers, and we both ordered combination plates.

I continued “It sounds like this date is more Kate’s doing than yours.”

“That may be, but I am hoping the date goes well.”

“What would you consider ‘going well’”.

“For starters chemistry similar to what you appear to have going with my sister.”

“I think my sister has similar hopes. I haven’t seen her so worked up, over a date in forever.” Thinking to myself, that she’s never had a date with a man.

“So how are you finding retirement, and living and traveling in a motorhome?”

Actually I was glad that Kevin was changing the subject. “I am finding the motorhome quite comfortable. And I am really enjoying the flexibility, to do things, like accept your sisters offer to visit on short notice. I miss the job, much less than I thought I might.”

Our dinners came. The platter looked huge, and I realized I had been eating much more daintily, spending evenings as Chrissie. The waiter asked if we wanted another beer. Though we were both about half way through our first, I answered “Yes, no hurry, but you can bring another round when it’s convenient.”

Kevin resumed, “I don’t think I’ve known anyone who has lived full time in a motorhome.”

“I’ve met quite a few in the short time I’ve been doing it. A lot of retired couples and singles, as you might expect. But maybe 20% are younger.”

“How do the younger ones finance their lifestyle?”

“Some work over the internet, some find local jobs, staying in one place until they save enough to travel more.”

“What are your plans?”

“Financially, I hope I can live comfortably on my 401K. Travel wise, I’m still discovering what I like. I am very much enjoying this visit with you sister, even though it is not something I planned or even foresaw.”

Our dinners came. We continued chatting amicably

When we finished, he drove us back to Kate’s house (at least that’s how I thought of it).

When we parted, we shook hands and I wished him well on the date with my “sister”.

In bed I reflected on the day:
Why had I been much less self conscious than usual buying things for Chrissie as Chris than usual? Perhaps, this was because I was doing this fo someone else not just Chrissie. I realised, I was feeling someone wanted me as Chrissie, and I was really enjoying feeling wanted. I knew Kate enjoyed and wanted me as a friend, but this was different. While I knew Kevin and Kate were one and the same, Kevin lacked the warmth, the enthusiasm, the personality that Kate radiated. While I considered both Chrissie/Kate and Chris/Kate as close friendships, I had trouble seeing Chris/Kevin developing beyond friendly acquaintance. I wondered how Chrissie/Kevin would go. It seemed knowing Kevin had hopes for the date reduced Chrissie’s anxiety, but increased her anticipation.

up
114 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Love the dynamics

Love the dynamics you have shown so far with Kate/Chrissie, Kate/Chris & Kevin/Chris. Excited for next part.

That was an unexpected development.

D. Eden's picture

I was taken by surprise at the turnabout date - I truly did not expect Kevin to have an interest in spending time with Christie, but perhaps the intent is to develop a more relaxed, bilateral relationship.

You really have me intrigued now as to where this is headed.

Dallas

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

bilateral?

Maybe, it's a quadrilateral relationship.