Selene Chapter 4

Printer-friendly version

Miss Karen: “Yes about that, Mr. Johnson forgot to tell you but shorts or skirts above the knee isn’t allowed in the restaurant we’re going to tonight either. I’ve been going around telling people they need to change before we leave in 30 mins.” With this she takes a better look at what we’re wearing to see if we need to change, Yuki and Kim are told they’re fine, then she gets to me...

Selene Chapter 4

After taking a look at me Miss Karen shakes her head and says in a disappointed tone “Alex, out of all the people here I wouldn’t have thought that you off all people would be dressed so inappropriately. If you’re not going to bind at the very least wear a bra, or an undershirt even. Go change, we’ll talk afterwards.”
At this I try to say something but Miss Karen interrupts me before I can get a word out. “Whatever it is you have to say Alex, it can wait until after you’ve changed.”

With that I went to my room, still silently fuming over the unfairness of it all. Well at least Miss Karen wouldn’t have any right to say something about me wearing a dress, after all she just made me change without waiting for an explanation. She was right about one thing though, I really needed that bra about now so that was the first thing I fished out of “my” suitcase. After donning said undergarment I began digging through my suitcase in search of something not overly frilly or girly.

I had to give some credence to mum though. While she basically insisted I wear female garments, she wasn’t pushing any particular styles and would allow me to pick my own style to suit my tastes. As a result the suitcase was filled with tons of different styles ranging from Goth to Disney Princess. Neither style was really my thing so I continued looking before finally settling on a purple dress with white flower embroidery and short sleeves. It was very similar to the dress I gave Kim earlier but at least it wasn’t pink. Wait a second! Apart from the colours used it’s the exact same dress. A plan was finally forming in my head and if I played my cards right I might get out of this with only mild teasing. Of course I would still never hear the end of it but this way it would be more good natured.

I quickly slipped it on and checked for any cleavage showing. Fortunately it had a high neckline so I wasn’t, which was a good thing since my entire plan depended on passing of my breasts as stuffing. I grabbed a purse from the suitcase as well and put in my passport, public transport card, wallet and medical papers just in case. After brushing my hair in a bit more feminine style I went out to the living area to meet a shocked Miss Karen.

“Alex! What on earth are you wearing?”

“A dress, I figured that much would be obvious.”

“Don’t get smart with me young lady.. eh man.. eh whatever. I obviously meant why you are wearing a dress.”

“It was the only thing I had that complied with the dress code (and wasn’t hideous I muttered under my breath), I tried to warn you but you told me to change first.”

“But why do you have that dress in the first place, if you wanted to come out you should have told the teachers so we could better ensure your safety.” Miss Karen was actually sounding concerned when she said this.

“Look, this wasn’t exactly my idea, my mother switched my suitcase without my knowledge and now I’m stuck with skirts and dresses for the entire trip.”

Looking at Miss Karen’s face it seems like a lightbulb went on inside her head. “Your mother you say? Well that certainly explains some things from the last parent-teacher meeting….. Anyway are you sure you want to proceed with this, couldn’t you just borrow a pair of pants from one of the guys?”

I shake my head at this. “No, I considered that option but then I realized that no one would bring more than the one pair required because of the summer heat. Besides none of them would fit me anyway.”

“I see, so what are we going to tell the others? I would advice telling them we’ll tell them after dinner, and the truth at that. That way Mr. Johnson and I can discuss how to handle any unruliness resulting from this.”

“No I’m not ready to tell the truth just yet, I have thought of something else though and depending on how well they take that story I might tell the truth later. Basically the plan is to say that my suitcase got misplaced and either had to borrow something from Kim or I didn’t get to eat tonight except maybe a fast-food burger while being all alone here.”

Miss Karen sighs a bit at this but replies with. “You know I don’t like lying, but in your case I can understand being a bit reluctant to tell everything right away. You do however realise that most guys would have taken the burger option and you would have to explain your choice to them right? I can’t help you with that, although if they step over the line you tell me immediately.”

“Yes I realize that but I need to know how they’d react to this before I commit myself to something more permanent, and yes I will.”

After these last words Yuki comes up to me and says. “You know, I think you’re very brave for doing this, you want us to lay it on that we dared you into this? That might help.”

“No that won’t be necessary, however it would help if you confirm that this was your idea and that I didn’t come up with it myself. Also Kim why are you staring like that, is it something I’m wearing?”

“Yes, it’s like something is missing… can’t really put my finger on it though.”

“Make-up maybe?” I reply.

“YES! You really need to wear some for a night out you know.”

“No I don’t, besides I don’t have any and it’s unsanitary to borrow. However if you have matching nail polish I’ll grant you that much if it’s so important to you. Has to be quick dry though, we’re leaving in 10.”

At this her face lights up as if it were Christmas. “REALLY!! I have just the shade, let me go fetch it real quick.” As she runs off to her room.

Meanwhile I try to steel myself for confronting the others in a bit. Dinner is sure to be interesting at least.

Author's Note: And again a short chapter, sorry about that but I still have no idea how to write everybody's else's reactions to this. Next chapter is going to be a great mess to write, but hopefully good to read. As always comments are highly appreciated and I could also use some instructions as to how to tag this story with more than one keyword per area. I have only just noticed that from the keywords I used only one sticks....

So hopefully have a fun read and let me know what you think.

up
179 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

So far so good. Hopefully

So far so good. Hopefully she won't have to many problems. But I'm sure there's going to be at least one jerk. Maybe Kim and yuki will really be able to help.
Love the story

Misplaced suitcase?

Jamie Lee's picture

Misplaced suitcase? Will that work? Will others accept it for the way he's dressed? Would some argue he could have stayed at the caravan, but without supervision? That would put the adults in a legal problem should something happen to him.

His explanation for wearing the dress might be accepted. But the nail polish? Hmmm...how will Alex explain that?

Others have feelings too.

I'm going to give you the

I'm going to give you the same compliant I get, Wish youn had longer chapters :-)