Mirrors Chapter 1

Printer-friendly version

Mirrors Chapter 1

My twin sister and I were born on December 22nd 1999, the winter solstice for that year.
Even though me and Lindsey were not identical twins, we were still confused with each other almost daily growing up. As Lindsey was born twenty minutes before me, she was the older sister. As I wanted to be just like her, I kept my hair long like her and tried to dress like her. Our parents were very conservative and by the time I eight pushed me into getting regular crew cuts and playing sports. I realized that I wanted to be a girl like Lindsey, I wanted to be a cheerleader in a skirt, and wear pretty dresses made of soft fabrics that were forbidden to me because of my family’s beliefs. The night before our tenth birthday I managed the courage to tell my sister. I snuck out of my bed and crept stealthily to her room. As she looked at me with bleary eyes, she could tell I had a serious topic on my mind.

“Sis,” I started timidly whispering “I have something important to tell you.”

“What is it Ethan im tired,” she replied sleepily.

“You have to promise me you won’t tell mom and dad and that you won’t laugh at me!”

“I promise Ethan. I love you, if it’t important you it’s important to me. I won’t tell anyone.” Lindsey replied seriously, now wide awake and sitting up in bed. Lindsey and I had always been close and cared about one another.

“ L L Lindsey,” I stuttered out “I want... I want to be a girl!” she leaned over and hugged me tight as I started softly crying.

“I never knew Ethan. It must be torture seeing me live the life you should be living as well,” she said starting to sniffle herself. We stayed huddle together on her bed for until we both calmed down. “I know something that might help,” Lindsey said cheerfully as she grabbed a hand held mirror from her night stand. “Look into the mirror. Now close your eyes and imagine who you really are, and whenever you feel down just imagine seeing the real you in the mirror.” I closed my eyes and imagined what I would look like. A single tear rolled down my cheek. I pictured myself with long brunette hair, that floated down to mid-back filled with soft natural curls, and large blue eyes. I felt a dull ache all over my body and heard Lindsey gasp. I opened my eyes and looked at her surprised face.
“ What happened. Whats wrong!” I asked her worried, noticing my voice sounded a little different. Softer and higher somehow

“Look at yourself” she said astonished as she placed the mirror back in my hand after I dropped it when I heard her gasp. I looked into the mirror and almost squealed in delight. I looked exactly as I pictured I would if I had been born in the right body. I started crying tears of joy and hugged my twin sister.

“I’m me!” I cried, “I’m finally me!”

“I don’t know how this is possible, but I’m so happy for you Ethan.”

“I need a new name,” I said deep in thought, “Emily!, that shall be my new name! Hi, my name is Emily.”

“What about mom and dad!” Lindsey asked frantically, “what are we going to tell them.” I froze in terror. If mom and dad found out about this, they would run me out of the house and call me a demon.

“What am I going to do!” I sobbed, “Mom and dad will kick me out. I’m only nine, what will I do!”

“Shhhh,” Lindsey soothed me, “We’ll figure this out together like we always have.” Suddenly there was a bright flash of golden light that momentarily blinded us.

“Hello Emily, and Lindsey” said a tall women in robes. Her Golden hair seemed to float around her as if blown by a gentle breeze.

“W who are you?” Lindsey asked nervously clutching me closer to her.

“Worry not children, I am an angel sent to deliver a message from above.” During her explanation of why she was here, Lindsey and I crawled and sat on the edge of the bed as our trust increased. “You two are very special” the angel continued, “You both were born on the winter solstice, and have been chosen to be the bearers of great gifts, but there are rules, you can not use your gifts to harm others without reason.” Lindsey and I look at each other, our jaws slack, and then looked back at the angel as she continued talking. “With training you should be able to change your appearance, became twenty times as strong as the strongest humans, see without light, move objects with just a thought, run at unimaginable speeds, and levitate. It will take years to master your abilities, but they have been given to you to aide you in your lives. I must be going now, but fear not for if you have need of me again I will appear.” With that the angel departed in an equally blinding flash of light.

“ I can’t let mom and dad see me like this,” I told Lindsey franticly, “What am I going to do?”

“Let’s try what we did earlier, just in reverse this time. Focus on what your boy self , Ethan, looks like.” As I pictured Ethan in my mind in great detail, I could feel the changes happening in reverse. When I opened my eyes I saw Ethan in the small hand mirror. I began to cry, because I was a boy again.

“It will be okay, I’ll still call you Emily when no ones listening,” she soothed me, “Every night when mom and dad are asleep you can be yourself in my room.”

“Ok, but it will still be hard being male.”

“Wait here.” Lindsey then got up and went to her dresser and started to look through a drawer. She came back and handed me a pair of tan satin panties. “You can wear these under your clothes to make you feel girly, and then you can trade me for a clean pair everyday!”

“Thank you so much, your the best sister in the world,” I replied hugging her.

“I know, but it helps to be reminded.”

“I better go back to my room sis,” I sleepily said, while I trudged to the door, “Goodnight.”

“Goodnight.”

As I got back to my room and closed the door, I slid my pajama pants down my legs and put on the panties. I put my pajama pants back on and snuggled under the covers of my bed, marveling at how right and pleasant the panties felt. I drifted off the sleep pondering what the rest of my life would hold.

up
128 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

future

Are you going to continue with this?
It has a nice useable base line with a lot of potential
Get someone to proofread for you - there's a few grammar anomalies that need to be corrected

Grammar

I will probably continue it. I'm glad you liked it, this is only my second story and I haven't find someone to proofread/help edit. I should probably look into that,

secret identity !

giggles. too bad the magic didn't include her parent's acceptance, but this could be cool!

DogSig.png

A good start

laika's picture

With a lot of possibilities:
Shapeshifting, being twins with an awesome sister, superpowers, cosmic destiny;
plus potential drama at home with what sounds like less than understanding parents...

I really hope you continue this, and that writing and getting to know folks here will give
you some fulfillment. I read your first blog, it broke my heart, but I've got no sage advice;
other than I know this site and being able to write a few meager stories from time to time
have been lifesavers for me. Welcome new author!
~hugs, Veronica