The way of the Dragon part 5

Printer-friendly version

 

The way of the Dragon
Part 5 - A New Roommate.

Mrs. Carson looked at me, I was sure she could understand how I felt, she had lost someone precious to her in her past and something told me that she was far older then she looked. Her age was still a joke compared to how long my life would be, but she was probably four to five times older than I was. “That's pretty much all that happened until now, nothing too fancy to be worth telling left, I think.”

“Well it is pretty much, and it gave me more than enough information to figure out how to deal with your request of enrolling at Whateley Academy. I would like to put you in Poe Cottage at least too try if you fit in, this has to do with your recent change of genders. I'm sure you are aware we would like to have you as a roommate with another student. Enrolling at Poe Cottage would also make you live near Nikki and her friends which might be not for the worst.”

“I think I can follow your thoughts regarding that.”

“There is something I wonder though you used to change your appearance when you were in your egg can you still do this?”

“You mean that disguise to look human? Yeah but I will going too look quite different this time as I now have a real body to change. So it’s not like pulling the shadows to form a body from my imagination.”

“Would you try it?”

I jumped down from my place on Nikki's shoulder to the chair and sat myself down. Then I concentrated on shifting my body I hadn't done that this way and didn't know what to expect as I started to shift I could feel my body itching and twitching as it twisted it's form. When I was finished I had a human body it was still female I could immediately tell due to the balance. Something was off Mrs. Carson and Nikki both looked at me in awe.

“Wow she looks amazing,” Nikki sang.

“Indeed, though that makes it hard for us to hide that she isn't a human.” Mrs. Carson nodded.

“What do I look strange? I need a mirror!” What were they talking about how die I change that they would have problems hiding the fact that I wasn't human?

“We could try to hide her as another Sidhe, she looks much more like us than a human.”

“Yeah that is probably the only solution for her as no human has such perfect skin.”

“Ya no kidding I‘m not sure many Sidhe have.” Nikki admitted.

“Hey, somebody got a mirror for me?”

Nikki looked at me, “Oh I'm so sorry of course here you are.” and she pulled a hand mirror out of some kind of magical created dimensional pocket and handed it over to me.

I opened the hand mirror and looked at my human form, the Hair was pretty much the same but now it was as black as my scales, and my skin? It was the completely opposite it was alabaster white, my ears were pointy like those of the Sidhe but on the same time way more stronger then the ears of a Sidhe were. My eyes they were as round as I was used to by now. I had pupils like a cat and behind that they were clearly burning like fire. It wasn't like before where it only looked like it appeared when I got angry, now it was visible all the time. And then their were my teeth. I looked except for my eyes really like a Sidhe but my teeth? They were clearly meant for eating meat. My face as a whole was still somewhat heart shaped but was far too long and small, my cheek bones were now really high given me a somewhat aristocratic look, and my chin was small and petite, rounding up the face in an attractive way. My nose was as it used to be small and turned upwards given me the cute innocent girl look and my lips were dark red as if I had used lipstick to make them look that way. I looked down at myself and saw that I had at least got a few cup sizes and was probably at a good C-cup and from the way the chair suddenly ar. I was clothed in a black scaly leather armor, my feet were covered in black boots meant for travel, and I had a cloak in black too, a cloak like a wanderer would wear.

“Yeah I think this look will work for now.” I said to them, while thinking I need to check myself out in a full size mirror as soon as possible.

“Well we need to make sure you have some school ufelt a lot more comfortable my rear had probably changed similniforms, Lílle.” Mrs. Carson said as she looked at my clothes.

I looked at Nikki who was wearing hers. I closed my eyes and when I opened them I was sitting in a black version of them next to her. “That's all that is possible I'm afraid.”

Nikki looked at me. “I think this will be fine, won't it?” she questioned Mrs. Carson.

“Yeah I will have to make some notes and come up with a reason why you only wear black but it will work out. Well let’s get back to the topic from your looks you might be 14 to 15 years old in your current shifted form, that will mean we will have to get you a room with the other freshman on the second level of Poe Cottage, you will speak later about this with Mrs. Horton Poe's housemother.”

I nodded. “As long as she stays away from my gold I'm fine with that.”

“Your Gold?”

“Of course I need something to rest on!” I said shocked.

Mrs Carson sighed “Forgot that I asked. Regarding classes I will have you talk about that with Elaine Claire as you two seemed to get along, I presume you don't have interest in any normal classes?”

“Actually I do have interest in business accounting, and alike, then of course flight classes, the rest is pretty much more magical related.”

“I will pass on this info to Elaine so you two can work this out later.”

Nikki suddenly yawned.

Mrs. Carson looked at the clock, “Well it is getting kinda late you two should head over to Poe Cottage and Nikki you should go to bed asap. Lílle you will meet with Mrs. Horton and work out everything else.”

“Yes Mrs. Carson.” Nikki and me answered simultaneously.

“Then off with you two hush hush.”

We walked out of the office and Claire as she had told me to call her looked surprised at me. “Lílle stop changing your looks every few hours please!”

“I won't promise anything I can't hold I'm still in growth you know?”

Nikki giggled. We walked then towards Poe Cottage it was in the middle of the night and my eyes lighted the area. “Wow that's a fancy trick you're doing there.” Nikki said.

“You think so? I don't know it’s kinda wasted. I can see in the dark so I don't need it.” I noticed someone was moving not to far away from us towards our direction she was clearly some kind of Sidhe. But on the same time she was different, memories of her kind that were imbued into me from my species memories came to the top and I knew it was a drow created for battle.

Reaching out with my mind, I asked “A drow in this time? How is that possible?”

The drow tried to shut me off her mind, but I easily pushed her shields away, “Hey I want to talk to you how comes you're still around?”

“How are you able to penetrate my mental barrier, what are you?”

“That's kinda complicated.”

The drow suddenly ported in front of us, and I could see Nikki wasn't to happy about that. “Rohanna what do you want now?”

“I'm not here to talk to you Nikki, I have to talk to her.” She looked back at me “What the hell are you.”

“Most interesting, not only a drow but one of the changed ones? I would have thought you would be all gone by now.”

"Fey move away from her! She is clearly not what she looks like."

"I know she isn't Sidhe, calm down Rohanna our species used to be allies in the past."

"Then why is she in disguise? If she would be allied with our kind there wouldn't be any need for this."

"She is in disguise so that nobody realizes what she is, it would only cause trouble if people find out that her kind is still alive."

"Her kind? She is practically glowing in magical energies I don't think a disguise like that will keep trouble away."

Who does she think she is? My eyes started to glow stronger as I got annoyed, "You are pretty cocky for a mortal, Drow!" I looked back at Nikki or Fey as the Drow had called her, "I think I like your friend, is she always this direct?" I said without even trying to cut off the annoyed tone in my voice.

"Hey calm down you two, you are supposed to be friendly to each other, sorry Lílle she probably hasn't realized what you are or she wouldn't be this disrespectful. And you!" She pointed at another drow, no that wasn't correct more like a twin from the first one. "Don't try to sneak up on her."

I remembered that some of the dragon used to speak in a variation of Sidhe with the drow's in the war, trying to speak it as good as I could mentally told her"If you really want to know for sure what I'm you'll have to wait until we are at a more private place."

"What are you?" Both of the Drows looked more than a little disturbed.

"Dragon" I mentally said in drow.

Their eyes narrowed as they inspected me closer.

"If you still don't believe you'll have to tag along." I had switched back to English.

Nikki looked at me, "What have you told her?"

"I told her what I'm using the few words I could manage to come up with in my broken drow. And if she wants to see a prove she has to tag along until we reach a more private area."

"You speak drow?"

"Only a little bit and mostly because it's kinda like normal Sidhe just more aggressive and a lot shorter."

"When did you learn that?" Her face clearly indicated that she didn't thought that Sidhe and Drow were alike in language at all.

"You know what I'm why do you even bother to ask?"

Nikki raised her shoulder confused “Shall we move on then?" She asked me and the drow twins. All three of us just nodded. While we were moving towards Poe Cottage I noticed the the drow girl moved as if they were one person covering the area around us in all directions. What is that, it’s like the two are telepathic but to what degree? I decided that I would have to ask her or them about that later.

When we finally arrived at Poe Cottage, a large building that seemed to resemble the letter H about 3 floors high probably big enough to be called a school on its own. It was build out of red bricks and the third floor was build as an old colonial age attic. We moved inside through a double door and to our right stairs went up to the second floor and left they lead down to the basement. In front in the middle of the hall was a bust of Edgar Allen Poe. So this is why it is called Poe Cottage. I thought.

We then followed the corridor to the left till the end and turned left again to met with Mrs. Horton the main housemother of Poe Cottage. Apparently she was in charge of the cottage for a good reason since she was already waiting for us. Could she have used all this wards to catch up on us? I was pretty sure that all of them were made to stop people to find out what was going on inside of the building.

"Hello young lady you must be the young Lílle Skygge?"

"Yes that would be me Mrs. Horton."

"Very well." She looked displeased at Nikki and the two Drow girl, "I see you already managed to find yourself some trouble makers, I presume you are going to swing the same way?"

"I hope not Mrs. Horton but the circumstances might lead to that."

"I was informed there is something unique about you, would you care to explain?"

"Only if we can move in your office there might be prying ears around."

"What is with the other two?"

"Oh they are alright, they should be with us. The two drow's especially"

We moved through some kind of living room into Mrs. Horton's office. I looked around and checked the wards and wasn't happy about what I could see.

"Mrs. Horton you don't mind if I would like to put up a privacy ward. It's not that I don't trust your's but the holes in your wards are too obvious. I would like not to be listened from outside." I looked at the Drow's "Would be helpful if you two? Could check on it when I'm done." One of them nodded while the other one said "Sure."

"What do you mean holes in the wards?"

"Well these wards are just not good, even a child like me is able to see right through them, there are like two dozens of ways to penetrate them and a few more that wouldn't even let you notice they were broken."

"Mrs. Riley would you care to explain?"

Nikki was red faced and clearly embarrassed, "Ahm you see she kinda sees more about magic than me."

Mrs. Horton hadn't expected that from the look of her raised eyebrows. “Okay if Nikki is fine with that I won't object she made some of them for me after all, but you only put up a temporary ward for this room am I clear?”

“Yes Mr. Horton.” I began to dig into the flow of ley lines and bend them to my will. I could see, Nikki looked completely at awe at the magic I was working while Rohanna already had started to check on the work I was doing. After several minutes I was finished and Rohanna nodded and said, “That should be more than sufficient.”

Mrs. Horton looked impressed. “Okay I get it you're a really talented magician, so what else about your mutation honey?”

“Well okay just don't flip, I'm not a mutant.”

Mrs. Horton looked at me with concern. “Honey I know what you are thinking, yes you are human of course, being a mutant doesn't mean you aren't a human.”

“No, Mrs. Horton I'm also not human. I think it’s easier if I show you all.”

I moved in the mid of the office and started to shift my body back, after a few second back in my real body I spread my wings spit a small flame out my mouth and jumped on the table.

“I'm a dragon!”

Rohanna and her twin, now in my dragon form I could see the line that connected them, jumped up, and I could see she was trying to hold back tears. “A dragon baby? A real dragon baby and a black one on? That should be impossible.”

“Well it's not, but yeah even brother was surprised that I was born.”

Mrs. Horton looked more interested then everything else, “So you're saying you ain't a mutant but an actual dragon?”

“Yes Mrs. Horton, we dragon's are born in quite the unique way, the magic that creates us forms a soul that will then randomly be born in one of the intelligent species. Then there is a small chance that we are able to overcome the difference before we turn adult, if not we won't be born into a dragon. I had luck I stumbled upon my brother before I was too old too change, and something triggered his magic to help me change, accordingly to him it’s too unlikely for this to be a random event, so he said it was fate that I had been born.”

“Okay so you're a dragon, then why did they send you to Poe Cottage?”

“Well because before I turned into a dragon I used to be a human boy.”

Mrs. Horton nodded, “You don't seem to be really troubled with the change am I right?”

“Hmm not really, sometimes I have some thoughts that tells me I should be, but hey who cares.
I'm a dragon, it's not like my gender is a never changing fact in my life.”

No everybody looked at me with big eyes, Nikki gasped, “Do you mean it can change?”

“Yeah would you care to explain?” Mrs. Horton questioned me.

“Just what I said, if I should feel the need to reproduce, and there are only females around I might change back into a male, but as far as I know I'm far too young for that to happen.”

“You're kidding me? Phase is going to kill you for that, if she ever finds out.” Nikki said.

“Ohh Phase, She clearly needs to accepts her gender,” Rohanna said.
And her twin continued, “it's not like it is the worst that could have happened to her.”

“But she has both genders so which of them shall she accept.” Nikki budded in.

“Stop it please. Nikki you should head to bed soon, about you.” she looked at me, “I would prefer If we could try to keep this secret for a while not that this will be possible for 4 years but just don't run around in you dragon form all day please. Then you need to know that you will be roomed with another student your room will be 221 next to one of the Wing Advisor rooms. Your roommate is called Lynn Michaela Samson, I think you two can learn a lot from each other.”

Nikki started to get pale, “but Samson Mrs. Horton you can't do that she is a dragon, and Samson...”

“Don't try to talk me out of it, it’s the best possible solution for both of them.”

“Yes Mrs. Horton.” Nikki said clearly not happy about the turn of events.

The twin girls looked at Mrs. Horton. “If she should harm her in any way, I'm not sure if I can keep my promise of not killing a student too Mrs. Carson,” the other twin continued. “and if I have to break my promise to her that would be your fault.”

“Rohanna is that a threat?”

“No you know better than that, it’s a conclusion.”

“Hey can you let me in please. What the hell are you talking about, who is this Samson girl?”

“Well she is the daughter or now she is the daughter of a mutant called Heckel he is only a baseline but part of a well known group of mercenaries called Dragonslayers. Don't worry they don't actually hunts dragons as the name implies, but they were capable of dealing with a highly dangerous mutant not too long ago.”

“Oh this is just great! At least I know you really want me to keep my secret hidden.”

“Well yeah I, also no mutant would like to share a room with the child of a mutant hunter, I figured since you aren't a mutant It will work out.”

“Yeah if you're right and her father doesn't hunts dragons!”

“Enough of that for now! You will have to deal with that, now you already know about Poe Cottage then you should know that we are a family here, all of us have something in common that makes us different from the other students of the academy, even different from being mutant or dragon, all of our students have trouble with their genders, they are either 'Gay, Lesbian, Transsexual, Changelings, or aggressively bi-sexual that its a problem for them to be accepted into the sexual harassing reality the world is showing us today. Since we want you to live a normal live here at Whateley Academy, this little secret will stay hidden from the other cottages, so you can study without dealing with another source of problems am I clear?”

“Yes Mrs. Horton.”

“Okay dear now please turn back into your human form, Nikki can you show her where her room is and please don't make more noise than necessary it's already past curfew.”

I turned back into my human form and followed Nikki, Rohanna and her twin, damn what is her name? Out of Mrs. Horton's office. While we passed the Junior students rooms as Nikki explained before turning to the right back to the stairways, I asked “Rohanna which one of you is actually Rohanna?”

They both looked at me and then pointed at each other.

“Okay very funny.” I looked at Nikki.

“Just don't ask.”

Okay now this was interesting. I would need to figure that out sooner or later. We moved past the bath and then turned upstairs. There was a common area with a few desks and sofas to sit down and study, then we turned left and walked along the hallway.

“The rooms to the left and right here that narrows the Hallway are the Wing Adviser rooms, this is the girls area so you won't run into boys too frequently, your room is right next to the one on the right side come on.” She smiled at me and said. “I'll see you around then good night.”

I used my student Id card to open the door and slipped in, the room lighted up in the fiery shine of my eyes and I noticed the left bed was already occupied by my roommate. She had long blond hair from what I could see and a curvaceous body that might even be able to rival Nikki's if the thin sheets didn't trick my eyes. I moved as quietly as I could so that she wouldn't wake up and sneaked towards the bed on the right side putting down the few things I had in my possession.

"Who are you, and what are you doing in my room?" I heard a melodious sounding voice in my back.

So much for trying not to wake her up."Hi I'm Lílle your new roommate sorry for waking you up."

I turned myself around to look at the girl, she was sitting upright on her bed and was looking at me.

Her eyes went big when she realized what I had said. "I got a roommate? that's great. I'm Lynn Marie Samson, but call me Lynn, so where are you from? you don't look like you're from around. Are you from Europe maybe? What's your powers?. Wow your eyes looks like they are on fire."

Okay just perfect. Put the dragon with an hyperactive energizer into the same room. Thank you so much Mrs. Horton! "Yes, thank you, Hi Lynn, Germany, you got that right, indeed, natural gifted magician, I know kinda fancy isn't it."

"What?" then she realized that I had just answered all her questions. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry that must have sounded so weird it's just, I'm glad to finally have a roommate."

I sat down on my bed. "Hey it fine, I just was surprised for a moment though."

She sighed in relief. "So you're a magician? but natural what is that."

"Hmm kinda hard to explain I just don't use spells like other magicians I just directly influence the flow of essence around me."

"That's fancy sounds kinda like cheating on the others? I like that. So do you need help with your luggage?"

Luggage? what luggage, "Oh well about that I don't really have to much of that."

"What then why you are new here and yet you are already wearing your school uniform aren't you?"

"Yeah magic do you remember?"

"You must be kidding you created your clothes out of magic?"

"Yes I actually do that. "That is really surprising, I thought she was kinda bad with mutants. "I really don't want to be jumping on something so please just tell me if I should stop, but there are some people that, when they learned that I would be roommates with you got kinda disturbed. Not like I give anything about what other people say but, I wonder why would someone as nice as you have such a bad reputation?"

"Uhh that, well my dad even though he is a mutant himself, is kinda hunting down mutants that as he explained me are dangerous to the human society and I'm not sure if that is a bad thing, but obviously everyone is saying we should protect our brothers and sisters in genes and that he is a traitor on our kind."

"So family problems huh sounds bad."

"Yeah he kinda expects me to join them when I'm done with school."

Shit. Calm down calm down Lílle. "Well I have kinda a similar problem you see my family is kinda rare and we tend to be a little bit overprotective over one another and our possessions. There has been spilled quite a lot due to that."

"Bad memories?"

"You wouldn't believe."

"Well then let’s talk about something more interesting, since we’re in Poe, where do you stand?"

"Excuse me, what?"

"Do you like boys or girls, and they always tell me I'm a blond."

"Hey!" I playfully crossed my arms in a grumpy way. Then I started to giggle and to lay down on my bed. "Well I don't actually know, I used to be a boy but that was back around x-mas last year, and well I have at least managed not to think too much about that till now."

"Oh wow 9 month already so how far are you with the change?"

What does she mean it doesn't happen instantly? well okay it only happened instantly because I was reborn. So It was safe to assume that for mutants it normally happened over time. "Ohh that I'm all female now for quite a while actually, body wise it feel like I have been born this way."

"So you like boys?"

"Hmm hard to say it’s not like I haven't thought about that, but you need to understand I'm from a small village over in Germany and there was only 1 other guy in my age there. We used to be friends so we were kinda close, but between us girls? He is a chauvinist, I'm not sure if his brain is on his neck or between his legs."

She started to giggle, and as much as is tried I couldn't stop myself from following her lead.
"Oh my god, I hadn't heard that one yet."

"So how about you?" I questioned her.

"Me?" her face turned into a cute cherry red, "uhh ahm, yeah well I think I'm still somewhere in between the transition."

"Oh" I rolled over on my stomach and angled my legs so I could watch her while giving her a clear look at my cleavage. "Tell me more." I noticed she was clearly staring at my cleavage, Ha figured so you're still boy down there now that's interesting!

"Well yeah it look like I still have my male testicles and probably will have them for a while, at least if the Doctor isn't a complete moron."

"And your preference?"

"What girls of course!"

"Oh girls well that is interesting..." I looked how her crotch started to bulk out more and more. Shit it is still working? Staring at her bulging pants I felt the heat rushing into my head. No don't, to early and she didn't even know of your secret, don't do anything you might regret later.

Apparently she thought the same, as she tried her hardest not to look any longer at my cleavage.
“Uhh well let’s get back to the Powers anything else then magic?”

“I don't know why don't you say what yours are? I might remember by then.”

Her eyes opened in surprise “What? You didn't say anything telepathic too?”

I giggled “yeah somewhat but I can only receive the basic thoughts like the moment you say something I hear it in your head.”

“Uhh scary scary my roommate is a mind reader.” she started to giggle. “well about myself I'm nothing special exemplar 3 so stronger then most trained human, and I have regeneration 2, I'm supposed to be able to work with magic but I haven't figured out that part yet.”

She looked at the clock. “Oh shit. It is already half past 5 we need to wake up soon,”

“Just go ahead and sleep I don't really do that I'm going to make sure you don't oversleep tomorrow.”

“You don't sleep?”

“Yeah looks like I gather enough essence to just stay awake.”

“Neat. Okay I'm trying to sleep see you later roomie.”

Damn I really wanted to show her what I am. I don't like lying to her, she is kinda cute and really nice. I took the gold that I managed to hide from her sight and listened to it as I started to rest.

up
187 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

WTF!

shadowsblade's picture

Two of Rohanna! How did that happen!

muhahauua

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

Two?

Two drow? I thought there was supposed to be.......Arrrggggghhhhh...... (Nuuan is drug way from the keyboard by Shadowsblade and Branek.)

We the willing, led by the unsure. Have been doing so much with so little for so long,
We are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

It reads like a case

Sammi's picture

of Drow Mitosis, either that or one of those gadgeteers has created one hell of a Xerox machine!


"REMEMBER, No matter where you go, There you are."

Sammi xxx

When did Rohanna become two?

When did Rohanna become two? Did I miss a chapter or a story about her someplace and time? Lille and Lynn becoming roommates, just may wind up being a very interesting side story to Lille's life story as a student at Whateley. Looking forward to it.

????

Yes, what happened?

all will come in time?

shadowsblade's picture

all will come in time?

I have been writing as fast as I can for this reason!

My rohanna stories happen near 8 months in some parts before Branek or Nunan's. All of them are Gen 1 year 2 oriented. If you read into Vantier? You would have seen a slight 'hint' of this coming?

but the DROW is out of the bag and in a few chapters I will tell you how it happens?
does another kid change? Aliens, another drow from the past?
how does one act and look as trained as the original? is one of them the original? they both answer to the same name?

MUhahahahaha

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

Vantier

I've read Vantier, a couple of times in fact, but missed any hint. Would you at least say what chapter to look at, please?


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

its in chptr 9

shadowsblade's picture

its in chptr 9

have fun!

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

Yeah;.. I started thinking.

Yeah;.. I started thinking..Somewhere a story I haven't read..2 Drow' s!! Sweet!! : ) . So another game of patience until the next installment!

alissa

Interesting chapter

Jamie Lee's picture

Talk about blowing people's mind. Lille really being a baby dragon is going to cause quite a stir when all of Posts finds out. Especially among those who freak out any time a dragon is around.

As a human, Lille's beginning with Lynn seems to have gone smoothly. How smoothly will their relationship be when Lynn learns the truth? Or when Lynn discovers the gold Lille has?

It seems odd that Mrs. Horton would openly say two students are trouble makers, as she did for the Drow and Nikki. In past stories trouble has come looking for them, and not them looking for trouble. Because Lille is a dragon, a black one at that, Mrs. Horton doesn't understand that several students will help protect her should the need arise. Mrs. Horton may also not realize there are many who would like to get their hands on Lille because she is a dragon, a black one, and has gold. Should Lille's existence be known outside Whateley there is going to be trouble. And how much trouble will the be if the entire school discovers her secret?

Others have feelings too.

Dragon x Dragon

Oh, I wonder what Lindsay will say when she finds out there is another dragon at Whateley? For that matter, how will Pern and Lille get along?


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin