For a Season

Printer-friendly version

Author's note:
This story is a work in progress, I intend there to be several parts, I hope you enjoy!

___________
For A Season

“Oh Gosh, Sam! It’s so good to finally meet you in person!” Katie squealed as Sam lugged his suitcase in the door on a fine Thursday twilight. Sam had met Katie online, and they’d been looking for ways to meet for over a year.
“Katie!” Sam shouted excitedly, placing his suitcase on the ground to receive a long, tight hug from Katie – this was their first physical contact.
“Come inside hun!” Katie gestured and held the door for Sam as he carried his luggage in. “Just down the hallway is your room.”
Katie lived on her own, in a small, two bedroom apartment outside of Indianapolis, her parents bought the apartment for Katie and her younger sister, Carol to live in whilst they attended college in Indianapolis. Katie’s sister was three years younger than her and still had another year before starting college.
Sam had the opportunity to study abroad, so he was doing a year on exchange from England to America, and it worked out perfectly that he was able to stay with Katie for the year at very little cost to him. He was very excited by this prospect, as he had eagerly anticipated spending time in person with Katie, and now they would be housemates for a whole year.
After showing Sam around the apartment, which was quaint, with two medium sized bedrooms, a small kitchen but a rather luxurious bathroom (with a claw footed bathtub, and underfloor heating!), Katie ushered Sam into the Kitchen. “I’ve made us dinner.” She said with a grin.

Over the course of the spaghetti dinner they reminisced their relationship thus far.
They had met online on a hair discussion page. Sam was quite proud of his beard, but more than his beard he loved his hair, and from time to time, desired long, beautiful, feminine hair. His curly/wavy hair fell down just past his armpits. It was brown with subtle highlights – he had some experience with hair dye back home, but it was still quite on the masculine side of things. Sam wore his hair in a man bun most days.
The two began chatting online about Sam’s desire to have feminine hair, Katie, herself having curly, virgin brown hair cascading half way down her back, was thrilled at having someone to talk to about hair in such a way. She was very fond of Sam, and Sam was very fond of Katie, but only in a way of friendship, and that was all either was interested in with each other.
For many hours, the two talked on their computers and their phones about different hair color ideas for Sam, different haircuts (Sam had always wanted side swept bangs), different styles, and different products. They had also delved into what it would be like for Sam to wax his body and for them to go shopping together. They spent many hours fondly talking in this way with each other.
They also reflected on the hardships that Sam had endured in the past two months, after Sam’s long term girlfriend had been caught cheating on him with several of his old high school friends – the experience tore him apart and was what caused him to decide to put a year of his life into living in America.
At the end of dinner, Katie made a suggestion.
“Sam, hey, would you like me to straighten your hair?” For this is something they said they would do when they met, albeit when this was discussed many months ago, the idea of them meeting was still very much a fantasy.
Sam jumped at the suggestion, “oh Katie, I would looove it if you were to straighten my hair!”
And so for the next thirty minutes, Sam sat on a stool in the bathroom while Katie systematically straightened his hair. Section by section the flattening iron smoothed over his hair, leaving it soft and silky, more feminine than it was before.
Once Katie exclaimed excitedly that she was done, they both giggled at the sight of Sam’s beautiful, long, straight hair. Until Sam said something.
“It’s very lovely Katie.. but it’s not super feminine”, he sounded a little unsatisfied.
“It’s much more feminine than it was before, I think!” Katie replied and smiled sweetly and understandingly at Sam. “Would you like me to lend you a headband or some bobby pins and we can add a little more feminine flair it?”
“That sounds nice” Sam replied, looking at the floor with a small smile cutting across his face.
“It’ll be ok Sam, but you know, the beard is really holding you back when it comes your overall femininity.”
“Yeah.. I guess you’re right.. maybe.. maybe I could shave it? Nobody will care as nobody here knows me!”
“That’s true.” Katie smiled, running her fingers through Sam’s hair.
“Will see what happens tomorrow!” Sam said, with a small flutter in his stomach, tomorrow could be an interesting day.

The two put on a movie for the remained of the evening, then each went to their own bedrooms for the night.

The next day Sam and Katie arose late morning and decided to go out for breakfast. They both showered and got ready, though Sam was careful not to get his hair wet as he wanted to wear it straight.
“You know, I could straighten it again if you like.” Katie smiled eagerly. “Actually, do you mind if I touch up the back a little? It’s come a little wavy.”
“Okay!” Sam replied equally as eagerly, as they headed back to the bathroom for Katie to finish straightening his hair.
Without saying anything, Katie picked up her can of hair spray and gave Sams hair a light spray, Sam wasn’t expecting this but he was pleasantly surprised at how it made him feel all that little more feminine.

What would this Friday hold?

up
93 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Nice start

Jamie Lee's picture

This is a nice beginning.

Sam seems to be getting something he's wanted for some time.

Others have feelings too.