Chasing Tales Chapter 2

Printer-friendly version


Chasing Tales

Chapter 2

When worlds smash.

When we got to the house I had them taken to one of the spare bedrooms in the back. I watched as Janis got then set then set the safe room spell to lock them in. Only Grandmother and I could open the door now. All I could do now is let them sleep. I went to check on the kids to take my mind off of what could happen.

Ben touched my arm "You felt something about those two? What was it?" From the set of his jaw she knew he could tell she was disturbed by what has happened.

I shook my head. "They give me the same off vibe that the twins do. They are from another Earth, I am sure of it! Too many of the other world chosen have ended up here. It is not good. It could draw more attacks from whoever is behind all this. I am going to talk to Angel. I think we need to go on the offence. I don't know how but it will mean survival of us all." I kissed him lightly on the lips and went to check on the others in the house.

The attack came three hours later. The four mirror rooms in the Sanctuary caves all attacked at the same time. We locked them down and activated the counter tactics. Well this means we were cut off from outside help but we have been there before. Since the farm got up and running we were good on food and with the river and lake good on water. I sent a Dragon to each of the four mirror rooms to back up the knights and combat mages already there. This made them as safe as I can at the moment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Point of view of the "Strays"

She slowly woke wondering where she was. Before opening her eyes she took in all she felt around her. A soft bed, heavy blankets, little air movement and someone sleeping beside her told her she was in a bed room of a house somewhere. She was sore all over. She did not know how long she had been here or where here was for that matter! She slowly opened her eyes letting them get use to the low light in the room. There is a different feel to this room than I have felt before. It is like I am inside a bubble, a magic bubble. Glancing around I could tell I was in a bedroom of a well appointed house. A woman designed this room to be sure. Too many touches that men forget.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Embers point of view

I felt a change in the energy of the house, slight but there. I knew the woman was waking up. I just hoped the precautions I took were not needed. This was going to be a long day. I went to find Grandmother, I wanted her with me for this. Grandmother as the former Archmage had a lot of knowledge about all the worlds. Through hints Ember had picked up here and there she thought that Grandmother knew about the timelines more than anyone else around.

As we approached the room I sensed that the "strays" were awake. I put my hand on the wall next to the door unlocking the door.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strays

I felt the energy of the room change as someone unlocked the door with a loud click. I slipped into my Duchess persona while I readied what magic I had. I will not be taken lightly! Dan was awake and restless. They had taken his gun so he readied himself to fight if needed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ember

I readied myself for anything. Looking at Grandmother I noted her stance and could tell she was as ready as I was for what might happen. I took a deep breath and settled into my Grand Mage persona. I opened the door to find the strays were standing looking at me. The way the woman held herself spoke of nobility. The man was a bit scruffy but it was very clear that he would protect her. I stepped into the room.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strays

My first thought was "It's a kid!" 15 maybe 16. Then the wave of magical power she gave off hit me. I almost took a step back but held myself strong. She was a mage and a strong one. Stronger than any one I had felt before. This is where it will happen. I will find out where we are and If we can ever go back? With her having that much magic this will be hard if it comes to a fight, I hope it does not.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ember

I had my magic ready but did not feel it would be needed. This woman was proud and strong, a perfect chosen. We looked over each other. I new this one had come to find something. I did not know how I knew but I did. I decided to speak first "I am Ember Rose Del La Silver Skyflower-Starstone, Grand Mage of Sanctuary. What do you seek here?" Simple strait to the point.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strays

Well at least I know where I am now, in a general sense. "My name Amber Lyn Shane Duchess of Wind Haven. I have come looking for a magic teacher to continue my training. I was informed I would find one here." The look on the Grand Mage's face relaxed a bit till she seem to look intently at my chest. No not my chest but my pendant. Slowly she reached to her neck and pulled a identical pendant out of her top! How can that be?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ember

Looking at this noble woman wearing the same pendant I was made me wonder what was going to happen next. Grandmother stepped into the room and her eyes went wide. she said "I was wondering when you would encounter one of your alternate selves. It was bound to happen seeing how many of the Chosen show up here." We were both startled by this pronouncement. I never thought I would meet one of my other selves. This one seemed older and some what untrained. The potential is there just unused.

I sighed "There are many magic teachers in Sanctuary. What type of magic do you wish to learn? Your a little old to go to the academy but there are plenty of private tutors around." I could sense that she was not a threat so decided to help her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amber

This kid seemed sure of herself. I wonder what she would think if she knew of my past? This is going to be a long day. I decided to let my gut be my guide an go with the flow. "I wish to learn as much about magic as I can in two years then return to Wind Haven. I would like to know all kinds of magic." well it is out there let's see how it goes.


To be Continued

As always comments are a writers lifeblood so please leave one.

I know still a little short and a week later but it is how it goes sometimes.

up
172 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

interesing

im shure amber will turn out to be a crystal mage and bond with a brood or somthing

belle

That has gotta

Sammi's picture

be many kinds of weird, opening a door and literally having to talk to yourself!


"REMEMBER, No matter where you go, There you are."

Sammi xxx

*laughs like a maniac*

Alecia Snowfall's picture

oh this just got SERIOUSLY interesting! I definitely would love to have more!

quidquid sum ego, et omnia mea semper; Ego me.
alecia Snowfall

Oh this answers one question

Oh this answers one question yet raises a dozen more! Now we know why she had the ring and why it would only work for her and more importantly why it was a one-way journey!

Wow this is getting good. I have to wonder about the grandmothers, perhaps those elders know more than they let on?

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime

Now here is a very curious

Now here is a very curious thing for both to incur. Finding yourself in another world. Hmmmmm??? Does it bode well or ill for either? That is what we all want to know.

Owh yes !

Amber and Ember, 2 persons from 2 parallel universe. My question here is, If they happen to touch each other, will they cease from existence? maybe not since it is not time traveler thingy. Silly me hehehe. ;p
Wondering what will happen next. Thank you so much for this chapter.