A Little Understanding?

Printer-friendly version

A husband and wife learn to understand each others lives a little better by having to live them out as each other.

Revised with a little guidance and editorial help from Aardvark.

Please let me know what you think.

It was a lovely late summer afternoon with a light breeze off the lake; the summer flowers were still in bloom and smelled lovely. We were entertaining some of our neighbors for a preseason football game. I always loved that start of football season: beer, brats and chili; how can you possibly go wrong with that combination?

"Stan," I said, as I tried oh so subtly and delicately to adjust my bra strap, "How can you say that our Bears are going to stink again this year? The defense is relatively healthy, sure we don't know who will be the starting quarterback, but Orton was pretty good at the end of last season and you never know which Grossman will show up. As to our running back we really haven't had anyone worth a hill of beans since Sweatness, but we will have to wait and see how the new rookie does this year."

"Cheryll," he replied, "You girls just don't understand football like us guys. Neither of our quarterbacks are really any good and, to add insult to injury, that brain trust that manages the team didn't get us a back up with any more experience either. But don't worry your pretty little head about it. We will have to see where the chips fall once the real season starts."

I start to get flustered at being treated like just another dumb girl, when Kirk touched my elbow and asked, "Cheryll, can you join me in the kitchen for a minute?"

Kirk, always the gentleman allowed me to go first down the hall to our kitchen, or it might be so he could enjoy the view of my rounded bottom as I traipsed along with my high heels clicking on the hard wood floors. The gentle swish of my skirt against my nylon encased legs once again sent a slight erotic shiver up and down my body. As I passed the air conditioning vent my perfume softly wafted over me once again, and I sighed as I took in all the new feelings of being a woman and a wife.

As I reached the kitchen counter, I turned on my heel and leaned up against it. I still found it odd that it now hits me in the small of my back instead of on my rear end like it used to, but that was a different time in my life. As I waited for Kirk to speak, I defensively crossed my arms under my breasts.

"Cheryll," he said pointedly, as he looked down at my artfully made up face.

I slowly looked back up at him with my big baby blues that once upon a time used to drive me crazy. My new female intuition let me know that they were now doing the same to him. It seemed almost unfair. "Sweetie I know I was out of place in there, but Kirk, Stan was talking about the Bears. We both know that he can be such an idiot at times. And the worst part is he doesn't even follow the team as closely as I do."

Kirk's big brown eyes softened as he listened to me, just as I knew they would. "Cheryll, You know that we agreed that I would now live and be the man in the family, and you would take my place as the female half of our relationship." He grinned suddenly and put his big strong hands around my waist, exactly where we both knew that I liked them. "You aren't having second thoughts, are you?" he asked, knowing full well how I would answer.

I laughed as I slowly leaned into him. "No. That voodoo priestess did us both a favor," I answered as I playfully nussled his neck and breathed in his wonderful musky male smell.

Truth be told it wasn't hard for either of us to forget; it had only been six months since our little vacation down south to the Crescent City of New Orleans. The old woman, blind in one eye, had waved a skeletal arm to us on the crowded city street. Some inner compulsion had dragged me inside her shop with Cheryll in tow, where I expressed to her my heartfelt desire for my relationship with my wife Cheryll to be closer, and how I thought that we needed to better understand each other and what we went through day in and day out as we lived our lives together.

"Child," she had said, as she rocked methodically back in forth in her decrepit rocking chair. "Tis lucky you came to Lizbeth on this day. The moon is full of love magic and if the spirits will it I might be able to help the two of you truly understand each other. Do the both of you all truly want dis?" she had asked as she looked profoundly at us with her blind eye.

Cheryll and I had looked thoughtfully at each other and said together, "Yes, I do" in unison as we had held hands, not fully realizing, at the time, the drastic changes Lizbeth had in mind for us. She had pulled out a small smooth stone from the folds of her billowing skirt and handed it to us, and said, "Chilin, Lizbeth want you to hold dis stone in yourin' entwined hands as you fall asleep tonight, and if my magic works your desires will be answered. We awoke the next morning how we are now, with my pretty and curvaceous wife inside my old male body and me inside hers.

But that is now in our past. What we are now dealing with back in the kitchen, was as Kirk put it "Was my break in feminine protocol," as he liked to call it.

Kirk lifted my chin up so he could look me in the eyes once again as he said, "Let me ask you again, my darling pretty wife, do I need to remind you who you are?"

"No", I sheepishly answer.

"I think I might have to after your little macho display in the den."

"I wasn't being macho, Kirk," I said as I pushed away from him and stamped my dainty high heel foot down with an audible and feminine click while crossing my arms once again under my breasts defensively. "I was just stating my views on the upcoming Bears season."

"Cheryll Davis, you are my cute and feminine wife and means I am your loving husband Kirk. That dumb magic rock we got from Lizbeth while we were on vacation swapped us into each others bodies. Remember how you told her that you wanted us to be closer and that we needed to better understand each other and what we went through in life?"

"Yes, but we both agreed." I whined softly.

"Well, honey you have to admit it really worked. I don't think we can be any closer to each other than we are right now. We fully understand each other's life because we now live each other's life," he said as he reached out and pulled me close once again.

"You are Cheryll Davis, a woman, my wife, your parents loving daughter, a sister to your two brothers, a secretary, and best girl friend to all your close friends," he said as he kissed the top of my auburn colored hair while playing with my left earring.

"You shave your legs and arm pits like the most of the women in America - your cousin Elizabeth does not count, especially since she came out last year. Your love of perfumes, softly scented powders and lotions knows no bounds and it keeps your body soft, sexy and smelling lovely," he said, stroking my exposed arms and hands with his rough manly hands.

"You adore wearing pretty matching satin and lace bras, and panties everyday, unlike the days when I wore holey and mismatched cotton ones. You even now have matching slips and what are those things again your wear on top?"

"Those honey are my camisoles you big dolt. You should remember since you had a few yourself."

"That is true but for me that was a life time ago and that knowledge fads a bit each and every day. But I am wandering back to my point.Your fashion sense, when it comes to jewelry, also far out-paces what I had as a woman. Most days I would have on just my wedding and engagement rings and maybe some simple gold posts in my ears. You, on the other hand, wear either hoops, posts, or long dangling earrings; you have numerous bracelets, delicate and refined wrist watches and eye catching necklaces that draw ones attention even more to your lovely assets perched in the cups of your delicate satin bras," he said as he lightly outlines and caresses my nipples with his finger tips through my dress and bra, causing my nipples to harden and me to sigh with pleasure.

"You relish the feel of your pantyhose when you put them on your soft and smooth legs each morning and when you sexy thighs rub together as you walk in your heels. You wear sexy slips that match your other lingerie on those days you wear dresses, or when you wear a skirt and a blouse to work. You have the poise and grace to wear high heels or sexy boots like a pro for hours at a time without complaining, yet again, something I could never do or pull off when I was a woman," he said as he playfully pulled up the skirt of my dress and rubbed his strong masculine hands on my soft womanly thighs and bottom.

"Stop that," I said, while I playfully slapped his hand away from my thighs, smoothing my knit dress back into place demurely. "What if one of the boys walked in? I wouldn't know what to say or think."

"If you were still a man you would enjoy seeing the sights of a sexy lady's legs and lingerie."

"But I am not a man anymore, I'm a girl," I said softly, rubbing my manicured hands through Kirk's soft and sexy hair.

"As your husband, I relish your new-found sense of feminine style. It shone forth on our date last night when you enticed me with a one of your slinky and shimmery little black dresses. I love how it hugged your curvaceous body, giving all the males in the room subtle hints at the matching sexy lingerie you were wearing underneath. You topped your date night trappings with sheer black pantyhose and a pair of three-and-a-half inch black open-toed pumps."

"I know don't you just love those shoes," I said, as I looked up with new-found enthusiasm into Kirk's big brown male eyes. "I got them on sale last week at Nordstroms, two for the price of one. Aren't they just scrumptious?" I giggled. "And don't you just love how they allow the world to see my cute little toenails sparkling in my nylons?"

"Cheryll, you are such a girlie girl," he said, as he pinched my firm round bottom.

"You've also toned-up my body with your trips to the gym, which I never did regularly. You are also fully at ease with your body as a woman; you wear skimpy form fitting leotards and matching tights with your cute girlish tennies, while I used to hide my body, afraid of what others might think or say."

I look lovingly up into Kirk's eyes and say, "Honey, that is nonsense. You were beautiful. I always found you sexy, completely attractive, and desirable. You were one sexy lady and I loved you then and now with all my heart." I said as I took Kirk's hand and placed it on my breast over my heart, and kissed him softly on the lips while caressing his hand caressing my breast.

"A few last thoughts about you, my loving wife," Kirk said, as he lovingly held me in his strong arms. "You paint your finger and toenails religiously, and you put on make-up and style your hair with much more flair than I ever did as a woman. I am so proud of how you've already gotten a raise and a promotion at work, something I couldn't seem to do in the three and a half years I worked that job you now hold, oh so capably, in your finely manicured hands."

"Well, enough about you. Now it's time to talk about me," he said as he letting go of me to pace the room.

"I am Kirk Davis: a man, your husband, a son, a brother, a rising executive, and an avid golfer. I painstakingly shave the stubble off my face each and every day, even on the weekends."

"That's because your beautiful wife likes it that way," I said, as he stopped to look at me. He does it just like all the other men do: he starts at my chest, works his way down, then back up to my chest, and finally looks me in the eyes once again.

"Let me guess. You wear boxers or jockey shorts under your three-piece suits with a white oxford cloth shirt. You accessorize with one of your power ties, and finish it up with a pair of socks and clunky wing-tip shoes."

"Very good, Cheryll," he laughed, "but let me finish my thoughts. That was good for most of my workdays, but on those casual workdays I wear a pair of dress slacks with polo shirt and a sports coat with a nice pair of Rockports. On the weekends I wear either a polo shirt or a T-shirt and a comfortable pair of jeans, with either gym shoes or a pair of hiking boots. When I go work out at the gym with you I wear a T-shirt and shorts with a pair of old gym shoes."

"And you look damn sexy in your workout duds, mister and you smell even sexier after you workout. Your male musk drives me wild. I'm getting a little wet just thinking about it," I said as I blushed.

"Quit trying to sidetrack me; let me finish what I'm saying before you go off on what you find sexy."

"Just as I am proud of you for your promotion at work, I have a little bit of unofficial news to report. I didn't want to jinx it, but I finally persuaded Jim, your old boss, to give me the bigger territory you always wanted. I showed him my latest sales figures with all the new clients that I have brought on board."

"That's great news, darling," I said, hurrying over and hugging him in girlish excitement.

"Hold on, nothing is official 'till the Regional Vice President signs off on it on Monday. But I owe it all to my new improved sales style that I bring to the corporate table," he said, slyly winking at me. "It certainly helps knowing how to talk with each new company's secretary I visit since I used to, as they say, walk a mile in their shoes."

"Don't forget the dresses and lingerie either," I snigger under my breath. "I bet they would just die if they knew the man standing before them, asking to speak with their parts' manager about a possible sale deal, used to be a woman just like them."

"Very cute, Cheryll, but my previous knowledge has gained me access to the decision makers much faster than ever before."

"I know, and I am very proud of my rising executive. You've far outpaced my previous sales figures, and seem totally at ease with your new male self."

"I also forgot to tell you that I've sliced four strokes off my golf game."

"What, how did you, when?" I stammered. "When were you going to tell me?"

"I kept meaning to tell you, but it slipped my mind. I think I'll be able to knock a few more strokes off before the end of the season, too," he said boastfully.

"Just like a man, forgetting to share the little details with his wife."

"I guess you're right, I am just like the other men now. I am much more at ease in my new male life. I don't miss the choices in clothing or accessories that I had access to but never fully utilized when I was a woman. I am thriving as a male just like you are in your new feminine world, Cheryll," he said as finished his pacing, coming over and enveloping me once again in his manly arms.

"You know this change in our lives is the next best thing to happen to us since that first chance meeting we had in that smokey second story bar - oh, those fifteen years ago," he said, smiling down at me with true love in his brown bedroom eyes.

"You know what's funny? he asked.

"No, what? I said, as I traced little symbols with my bright red fingernail through the chest hairs that poke out of the opening of his Bear's football jersey.

"I now remember that night from a distinctly male point of view. I can see you in your green broom handle skirt, a black cowled sweater and those sexy black high heeled boots, your hair was long and wavy. I looked across the room and found you very sexy and desirable," he said, as he kissed me deeply. Our lips parted and our tongues danced like they did when we were newlyweds. We broke our kiss; he cupped my chin in one of his big hands and said, "Just like I still do so today."

"You know something, it's funny that you mention that night because my memories have shifted, too. I can remember what and how I felt when I saw you from across the room. You were tall and handsome with long shoulder-length hair. You had on a sexy pair of tight blue jeans with a just a few strategic holes in them, with a white cotton western dress shirt and a pair of black cowboy boots. When you smiled at me from across the room you made my heart skip a beat and made my nipples perk up in their bra cups. Once you came over, my friend Tammy introduced you as someone she worked with, and we talked for what seemed like hours. Somewhere along the line you pulled me into your space and your musky smell made me wet with desire."

"Cheryll, we are getting away from why I called us in here. I have two last things I want to say to you. First, I want to tell you how much I love you."

"Can I say 'me too' without wrecking your train of thought, Honey?" I asked shyly through batting mascared eyelashes.

"Of course, you can - and you just did," he said, as he playfully tweaked my right nipple.

"And secondly, my darling wife, you almost slipped up when you were talking in the den with Stan and the boys. Even today, not many woman talk in-depth with the guys about sports like you were doing in there and, if you remember, I wasn't a big football nut when I was inside your sexy body," he said, as he tweaked my other nipple.

"As I said before, Cheryll, that's for me to do now since I'm Kirk. You need to talk with the girls out on the patio about the latest fashions, neighborhood gossip, cooking and other girlie things. And we both know that a lot of the time they even talk about sex."

I blush from head to toe as I say, "I thought that I'd heard it all during my time as a man, but boy-talk doesn't even hold a candle to the sex-talk of a group of women." We both laughed knowingly.

"Well, that shouldn't bother you, my sexy little minx of a wife. You seem not to have lost any of your desire for sex, and I believe you like it even more now that you are on the girls' team instead of the boys'," he said, rubbing one of his hands against my moistening mound. "I'm sure you love talking about and sharing stories of sex with the other girls. I know I did. Now one last thing Cheryll."

"Wait a minute," I said, as I stepped slightly away from him. "You said you had two things to say. Now, why is there a third?"

"OK, sue me for being poor in math. Now, back to my last point, how hard can it be to remember who you now are for gosh sakes? Look at you. Are you Kirk Davis? Does Kirk Davis wear makeup and a tight coral pink knit dress with a peach wonder bra that high lights his boobs with a matching naughty thong bikini panty?"

I shook my head as I blushed once again. My hair and earrings swayed ever so slightly with each shake of my pretty head.

"No, I don't think so. Cheryll Davis does; she does because it makes her feel feminine and sexy. And, as your husband, let me tell you that you look damn sexy in them. You now live a woman's life and I lead a man's. Because of our change, we both fully understand each other's lives inside and out, but I am now the husband and you, my pretty lady, are my sexy bride." Kirk took my hands in his and brought them up to his mouth, kissing each of my red-tipped fingers.

"Our vows of 'till death do us part still hold true. Nothing has changed the love that we have between us, except to maybe make it even stronger, if that is possible. I'm sorry if you miss your old life, job and friends, but you were the one who wanted us to have a better understanding of each other and to be closer. Since our visit with Lizbeth we now have that. Now give me a kiss and put a smile on your pretty face. I am TiVoing the game so we can watch it tonight in bed together and you can impress your loving husband with all of your in-depth football knowledge while wearing your sexy little blue and orange nightie as we cuddle." We lovingly kiss and hold each other with renewed passion.

"We better break this off or I am going to have my way with you right here on the counter, my sexy wife, and I won't care who walks in," he said, as he slapped my round bottom.

"You'd better get going. The girls are probably missing your company. I will see you later during halftime. Have fun chatting with your girlfriends I gotta get back to the boys and see what the score is," he said as he walked back towards the den and the football game. "Oh, Sweetheart, can you be a dear and bring us a few beers? I don't want to miss any more of the game than I have already."

As Kirk left the kitchen we both said under our breath, "We sure are lucky that our wife/husband understands us so well."

I was left standing in the kitchen, thankful for such a kind and understanding husband. As I licked my lips, I could tell I needed to freshen my makeup before getting beers for the boys and then heading out for an afternoon with the girls. I headed to the powder room where I closed the door and pulled up my dress and slip, pulled down my pantyhose and panties, and sat down to do my business. Once I was done, I freshened my makeup, fluffed my hair, and spritzed on a little more perfume. As I finished, I begin to softly hum, "Man I Feel Like a Woman" to myself. As I walked out of the powder room and over to the back door, my heels clicked on the kitchen tile floor and my nylon clad thighs rubbed softly together. I reached in and took out four beers from the cooler, and put them on a tray with some more chips and dip for the men as they watch their beloved football game.

I quickly scurried back to the den, tray in hand. My heels were once again clicking on the hardwood floors, subtly reminding me of my continuing womanhood. I provocatively yet carefully put down the tray so as to not spill the boys' beers and treats on the coffee table in front of them, I blew a kiss to my husband and, just as quick, scooted out to join the girls on the patio. It was like they didn't even see me. 'I could have walked in wearing nothing but my lingerie without them saying a word they're so focused on the silly football game,' I thought, as I giggled to my self, clicking down the hallway.

I opened the patio door and said, "Sorry for the delay. Kirk, my dear sweet husband, was trying to explain some silly football rule to me again." My best friend Haley handed me a wine cooler, as I graceful sat down, crossing my legs and smoothing my skirt as I do so.

"So what did I miss?" I asked, as I jumped into the girl talk with both of my high heeled feet. "Has anyone tried that new long-lasting lip gloss that just came out? Ellen, did you try that little trick I taught you, so Stan would last longer in bed?"

A flurry of answers and new questions come forth and flew around the table as we talked and chatted a mile a minute in a short hand only other girls would understand.

The boys never came out at halftime like they promised, but we didn't even notice. They finally joined us on the patio after the game ended. My husband came up behind me and softly caressed my shoulders and bra straps along with the middle of my back where the clasp of my bra rested. He knows just how and where to touch me to make me feel good and loved. I stood up, and he wrapped me up once again in his strong arms, kissing me deeply. I feel safe and protected from the world because I am with the man whom I love with all of my heart and soul. As he rubbed my shapely bottom, I could feel his manhood growing and pressing against my tummy. My nipples become erect in their satin cups, and I also become slightly wet with desire. As we broke our kiss and come up for air, I said, "It must have been some game."

"Nope," he says, "we lost by twenty points. I was just missing my wife."

I looked over and saw Stan has just finished kissing his wife, and sheepishly asked, "Why can't a guy kiss his wife without getting stared at?"

We all laughed together because all four couples were guilty of the same thing.

"So, who has any ideas on where we should all go out for dinner tonight?" asked Stan.

Kirk said, "You guys go on without us. I want to spend some quality time with the woman I love."

We held hands, as we walked everyone out, and waved as they drove away for dinner. I slowly let go of his hand and said, "Race you upstairs. Loser gets to be on the bottom." I girlishly giggle as I sexily ran up the walk to our house with my high heels once again clicking as I went, my bottom and bosom jiggling sexily for any who were lucky enough to be out and looking.

Kirk easily passed me on the stairs leading up to our master bedroom. He had a big smile on his face. He stopped and blocked my way. Before I could complain, he scooped me up in his strong masculine arms and said, "Allow me, little lady." He effortlessly carried me to our bed for a night of unforgettable wedded bliss. No, we didn't watch the game that night. No, I didn't wear my sexy little blue and orange nightie, or any other nightie either. Yes, I was on the bottom for my first three orgasms then I was on the top for the next one, and after that I don't remember, but I did wake my husband nestled in the arms of my loving husband.

When I woke up, I decided to live up to Kirk's new pet name for me, his sexy little minx. I thought about what I wanted and enjoyed when I was a man, and an impish smile crept over my face. I quietly slipped out of his arms and started softly kissing my way down to his morning erection. I always wanted to be woken up to a blow job when I was the owner of this lovely penis that now rested in my soft mouth. So, it was only fair if I gave to the one I loved, something that I once wanted myself.

I was a woman on a mission. I licked it from top to bottom, then I took it fully in my mouth and sucked it with wild abandon.

"Oooh, That feels so good, Honey. You just don't know how good that feels," he said, as he reached down and caressed my face. I smiled up knowingly at him. I felt things about to come, so I sucked even more, as I fondled and played with his balls with my fingernails.

"Oh, Cheryll, here I come," he said, as I took him in even deeper. I swallowed each and every drop that he has to give me. Once he had gone soft, I let him out of my mouth with a little pop and worked my way up to kiss my lover good morning.

I looked over at the clock and said, "It's late. I have got to get going. It takes us girls longer to get ready in the morning. Why don't you go back to sleep, and I'll wake you up once I am out of the shower?"

Kirk was already drifting back to sleep with a contented smile on his face when I got up out of bed. I stretched, fully enjoying the afterglow of womanly sex with the man I loved. I quickly scurried towards the bathroom to get ready for my busy, full work day, already thinking about the dress and lingerie I was going to wear, and how I would do my hair and makeup. I fully understood my husband's life, just as he understood mine. I wouldn't have had it any other way. 'This is who we are. He is my husband and I am his wife,' I thought to myself. 'Now and forever, no backseas,' as I used to say as a kid.

I turned on the shower and the AM/FM shower radio, and stepped in, just in time for the chorus of "Man I Feel Like a Woman." I smiled knowingly to myself, as I jumped right in, singing along with my new favorite song.

up
48 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

A Little Understanding

I'm having a flashback to the 50s and early 60s with this story. I hope that is your intent. Because, although, your style is very evocative and smooth, your content carries sexist connotations.

A Little Understanding

I cleaned it up a little with the tenses, but you did much better this time around. Thanks for for making the effort, Cheryll. :)

It's a fantasy for sure, but it does have a euphoria about it. Those two were truly meant to be each other. ;)

Aardvark

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony."

Mahatma Gandhi

A cute story

That was a nice little "day in the life" kind of story.

They've been together for fifteen years, but no kids?