My Fathers Secret Part 18

Printer-friendly version


© June 2016


Chapter Thirty Three: I’m Finally Doing it...!

    Jessica let out a groan on the Monday morning when the alarm woke her and she realised it was time to get up. She could have quite happily turned over and gone back to sleep if not for the fact she was going to see the doctor today so she could start taking her hormones. So with that in mind Jessica threw back the covers and slipped out of bed.

     “Are you going for a swim this morning?” A sleepy sounding Kirstin asked as she turned over to look at Jessica.

     “Yes I was, do you want to join me?” Jessica asked hopefully.

     “Yes, just give me a chance to use the bathroom and then slip on a swimsuit.” Kirstin said as she sat up and had a stretch before she threw back the covers and then slid her feet on to the floor.

    The two of them were soon dressed in swimsuits and making their way down to the pool where they could hear music playing and the sound of someone swimming in the pool. Joan was already swimming laps when they got down there so they jumped in the pool and started swimming as well.

    Jessica really enjoyed the swim this morning because it helped her to block out the worries she was feeling over going to see this doctor. Even though Prue had given her the all clear to start on hormones, Jessica was still expecting someone to say she couldn’t go ahead at the last minute. Jessica knew she wouldn’t relax until she had the little magic pills in her hand, then she would know it was all real.

*****

    Joan left asking them about their dinner date until they were all in the kitchen sorting out breakfast. “How was the date last night?” Joan looked excited to find out all the details. “Were Dawn and Peter alright with each other?” Joan asked with a grin.

     “Yes, he even asked her out to a movie tonight, and she said yes.” Jessica grinned back.

     “What was Doug’s boyfriend like?” Joan asked in a whisper, even though it was just the three of them in the house.

     “Samuel was really nice.” Jessica said with a shrug.

     “Aren’t you going to mention the fact that you already knew Samuel and the two of you went to school together, well he went to school with Jonathon.” Kirstin informed Joan.

     “Did he realise who you were?” Joan sounded worried.

     “No he didn’t realise it was me, but he did think we’d met before.” Jessica smiled at the memory of Samuel trying to place her face.

     “That was a lucky escape then.” Joan sighed in relief.

     “I told him the truth, and Peter and Doug know about it as well.” Jessica informed her.

     “How did they all react to the news?” Joan looked shocked that Jessica had volunteered her secret so easily.

     “They were all fine with it. Samuel even gave me his details so we can get together and chat about our pasts.” Jessica said happily over having another friend to talk to.

     “So this Samuel is gay then?” Joan asked.

     “Yes and his parents kicked him out when they found out.” Jessica said with shock in her voice.

     “I bet he was shocked when you told him who you were though.” Joan chuckled as she tried to picture Doug and Peter’s faces when Jessica broke the news to them. She didn’t know what this Samuel looked like, so she couldn’t picture the look on his face.

     “None of them believed her to begin with.” Kirstin grinned. “Did you know that Jessica was nicknamed Scrappy Doo at school?” Kirstin asked with a laugh.

     “No, I had no idea.” Joan smirked. “Why did they call you Scrappy Doo?” She asked as she looked at a blushing Jessica.

     “They called Jonathon Scrappy Doo, not me.” Jessica informed the two of them.

     “You’re just splitting hairs now.” Joan complained. “Why did they call Jonathon Scrappy Doo then?” Joan asked trying to sound annoyed, but the smirk said she was anything but annoyed.

     “Because I was always up for a fight, even if I didn’t stand a chance against them.” Jessica mumbled as she started to blush with embarrassment.

     “I can see why that would suit you.” Joan chuckled as she remembered the cartoon character, and how Scooby Doo and Shaggy were always pulling Scrappy out of trouble.

     “Well that was all a long time ago.” Jessica grumbled. “It was like it all happened to another person these days.” She added as she carried on eating her breakfast of fruit and yogurt.

    “It did happen to another person baby.” Kirstin agreed. “You are nothing like Jonathon anymore.” She said with a pleading in her voice for Jessica to believe her. “The way you just came straight out and told Samuel and the others last night about who you were proves that.” Kirstin smiled proudly.

     “I don’t feel anything like Jonathon anymore.” Jessica said with a tear in her eye. “I feel like that was all a bad dream, well all the parts that didn’t have you in them Kirstin.” Jessica added with a small smile.

     “I can’t even begin to imagine the internal battle you must have been having while we were together.” Kirstin said as she pulled Jessica into a hug. “I am glad that you finally found this part of you though, because I finally found my soul mate.” Kirstin said as she looked Jessica in the eyes just before she leaned in for a kiss.

     “Put each other down and get your breakfast.” Joan complained when she saw that the two of them had no plans to stop kissing each other.

     “Sorry mother.” Jessica and Kirstin blushed as they broke the kiss and carried on eating their breakfast.

    They were soon finished eating and then Jessica and Kirstin cleaned up the kitchen, while Joan went up to finish getting ready for work. Jessica and Kirstin were soon up in Jessica’s room getting ready as well.

     “What do you think I should wear to go see this doctor?” Jessica asked as she looked nervously at Kirstin.

     “Just wear whatever you plan to wear for work.” Kirstin shrugged. “I gather you will be going to the office with mother once you’ve done at the doctors?”

     “Yes, but I don’t want to give her any reason to not give me the medication I need.” Jessica said as she bit on her lip worriedly.

     “This doctor isn’t going to stop you doing anything, so stop worrying and get dressed.” Kirstin sounded bossy as she stepped over to the wardrobe and put an outfit together for Jessica before she started helping her to get dressed.

*****

     “Finally...!” Joan complained when she saw Jessica and Kirstin enter the kitchen again. Joan was sat at the kitchen table flicking through a magazine, which she closed and placed back on the table before she rose to her feet.

     “Sorry, but I was having trouble deciding what to wear.” Jessica said nervously.

     “Don’t look so worried sweetie.” Joan said as she stepped over and pulled Jessica into a hug. “Prue did all the nasty stuff with you last week. This doctor MacLennan is just going to write you a prescription and explain how to take it.” Joan added in a matter of fact way.

     Jessica hoped Joan was right, but she was still nervous, and would be until she had the pills in her hands ready to take. Joan led the way out to her car with Kirstin pulling a scared Jessica along beside her.

*****

    Joan had no trouble finding the doctors surgery as she pulled into the car park and found a parking spot. They were soon out the car and took an arm each as they almost had to carry Jessica to the surgery door.

     “Are you alright baby?” Kirstin asked as she looked at the colour of Jessica’s face. “You look like you’re about to throw up.” Kirstin added with worry in her voice.

     “I feel like I’m about the throw up.” Jessica admitted.

     “You’re just getting yourself all worked up over nothing.” Joan said in her normal motherly tone. “Take a deep breath and get in there and show them whose boss.” Joan added, hoping it would help Jessica face her fears.

     “You make it sound like a business meeting, and I’m about to go out on stage to explain the reason for everyone being here.” Jessica frowned.

     “Well what do you say to someone that’s about to take a long trip to become another person...?” Joan asked in her own defence.

     “Anything but that...!” Jessica said a little too loudly. Jessica was soon looking at Kirstin in frustration when she heard her trying to mask a giggling fit while having her hand clamped across her mouth. “You’re not helping matters.” Jessica added as she slapped Kirstin on the arm, but Jessica was trying not to laugh herself.

     “Nice pep talk mom.” Kirstin finally got out just before she started laughing again.

    Jessica couldn’t help herself and she was soon laughing alongside Kirstin, which set Joan off. It took them a couple of minutes to calm down enough to enter the surgery so Jessica could let the receptionist know she was there.

     “Hello Miss, how may I help you today?” The woman behind the counter asked with a smile.

     “Hello, I’m Jessica Phipps. I have a nine o’clock appointment with Dr MacLennan.” Jessica said in a squeaky sounding voice. She put her hand over her mouth and coughed as she tried to clear the frog from her throat. “Sorry about that.” Jessica smiled.

     “Please take a seat in the waiting room, and Shelly will call you shortly.” The receptionist smiled as she pointed to a door with a sign on it stating that it was the waiting room.

    Joan was already making her way into the room when Jessica turned towards the door. Joan held the door to let Jessica and Kirstin enter before she followed them in and found three seats. It wasn’t hard to find an empty seat due to them being the only three people in the room at the minute.

    Jessica had no sooner placed her bottom on a seat when she heard a pinging sound and looked up to see her name flash up on a screen telling her to make her way to room 3. “Do you think they wait for you to sit down before they call you in...?” Jessica asked with a frown as she got back to her feet.

     “I wouldn’t put it past them.” Joan chuckled.

     “Are you not coming with me?” Jessica looked shocked when she saw that neither Joan nor Kirstin had made a move to follow her.

     “I think you’re old enough to do this on your own.” Joan said.

     “Joan’s right Jess, you need to do this on your own.” Kirstin said with a sad smile. “We’ll be waiting right here when you come back out.” Kirstin added with a promising look.

     “Well go on then.” Joan snapped. “Don’t keep the doctor waiting.” She added as she waved her hands around to get Jessica moving.

    Jessica was a little shocked at the way Joan had just spoken to her, but she did as she was told and made her way through another door to the one she’d come in to the room through and looked for the door with a number three on it. She soon found it and knocked.

     “Enter...!” A female voice said from the other side. “Jessica...?” The woman asked when she saw Jessica poke her head around the door and give her a nervous smile.

     “Yes, I’m Jessica.” She replied as she stepped into the room and closed the door.

     “Please come and take a seat.” The woman said as she looked Jessica up and down before she went back to looking at her computer with a confused look.

     “Is something wrong Dr MacLennan?” Jessica was getting worried now.

     “You are Jessica Phipps?” The woman asked. “The same Jessica Phipps that saw Prudence Walker last week down in London?” She asked.

     “Yes, that’s me.” Jessica assured her. “What’s the problem?” Jessica asked sounding worried.

     “I’m just having some trouble understanding these notes that Prue sent me.” The woman said as she looked through something on the screen. “This says that I need to sort you out with some medication.” She added with a frown.

     “Yes, that’s what I’m here for.” Jessica confirmed.

     “But aren’t you already taking these pills?” The woman asked as she looked Jessica up and down.

     “No, I’m not on any form of medication yet.” Jessica replied.

     “Are you sure?” The woman asked looking very serious as she looked Jessica in the eyes to see if she might be lying to her.

     “I promise you that I’m not taking any form of medication, never mind any that would be classed as something to help me look more female.” Jessica said with a pleading in her voice. Jessica was close to tears now as she saw her dream slipping away with every second she sat looking at the woman facing her.

    The woman sat looking at Jessica and then at her computer while tapping a pen on the desk. “Please just let me make a call and see if I can sort this out.” The woman said as she picked up her phone and then looked for a number on the computer screen before punching the number into her phone. “Hi Kim, its Shelly. Is there any chance I can have a quick word with Prue?”

    Jessica saw some hope when she heard Prue’s name, but she was still worried that she was going to be turned down for some reason.

     “Hello Prue, sorry to bother you, but I’m not sure you sent me the right details for Jessica Phipps.” Shelly explained her reason for calling. Shelly waited for Prue to say something on the other end of the phone before she spoke again. “The thing I don’t understand is the fact that it looks like Jessica is already taking something with how she looks.” Shelly said as she smiled at Jessica.

    Jessica wanted to plead with Shelly that she was just small for a male, but she wasn’t taking anything to make her look more female, but Shelly was still talking with Prue at the minute.

     “I see... That would explain allot.” Shelly said in understanding. “I remember you telling me about Chrissy being the same way. Sorry I bothered you Prue, and say hello to everyone down there.” She added. “Yep, bye Prue.” Shelly said before she ended the call.

     “Can’t I transition...?” Jessica asked with tears now running down her cheeks.

     “Yes you can still transition sweetie...” Shelly said as she grabbed some tissues and handed them to Jessica. “I’m so sorry for upsetting you.” Shelly added as she stepped over and rubbed Jessica’s back while she dried her eyes.

     “I don’t understand why you don’t believe me when I said I wasn’t taking anything.” Jessica snuffled.

     “I was just having some trouble believing you weren’t further along than your records said.” Shelly started to explain. “Do you understand any of the pills you will be prescribed today?” Shelly asked.

     “Yes, a little.” Jessica said. “One is to block my body from making anymore male hormones while I start taking female hormones.” Jessica said as she broke it down to basic facts as she understood it.

     “Yes, that’s it in a nut shell, but your body isn’t producing the male hormones like it does in most males” Shelly explained. “In a normal male this would mean us giving him some shots and some pills to balance it out, but with you it is a good thing because you will develop as a female much faster.” Shelly added with a grin.

     “I don’t understand.” Jessica looked confused.

     “Were you teased a lot growing up because of your small size and the fact you were never able to grow a beard or body hair?” Shelly asked.

     “Yes I was, and I got into a lot of trouble over it before I realised that I was different.” Jessica chuckled as she looked at her jacket being pushed out by her breasts.

     “You are sat between the sexes for want of a better way to phrase it. Even though you were born male, you never actually went through puberty as such, which is why you are so small and look so convincing as a female.” Shelly explained.

     “So I won’t need to take the blockers then?” Jessica asked as she thought she understood what she was being told.

     “Yes you will still need the blockers because you are producing a small amount of male hormones, but you will see much better results from the female hormones when you start taking them.” Shelly grinned when she saw the look on Jessica’s face.

     “What does my problem have to do with Chrissy down in London?” Jessica asked when she remembered the half of the conversation she’d heard Shelly having with Prue.

     “Prue had a case just like yours with Chrissy. She wasn’t producing much male testosterone either.” Shelly said. “And look how she turned out.” Shelly added with a grin when she saw the smile spread across Jessica’s face.

    Jessica thought she’d be happy if she only looked half as good as Chrissy did. “So when can I start taking my medication?” Jessica asked, sounding excited again now.

     “Just as soon as you take this prescription to a pharmacy and get it filled out.” Shelly said as she grabbed a piece of paper out a printer and she signed it before handing it over to Jessica. “I’m Doctor Shelly MacLennan by the way.” Shelly smiled as she held out her hand to shake Jessica’s. “Sorry for upsetting you earlier.”

     “Please don’t worry about it.” Jessica grinned as she looked at the prescription in her hands. “It’s all water under the bridge.” She added.

     “Unless you have any questions for me, you’re free to go, but I would like to see you every couple of weeks to make sure there are no side effects to the medication.” Shelly went on to warn Jessica to keep an eye out for signs of the medication doing damage to her body.

*****

    Kirstin leapt up off the chair she’d been sat one when she saw Jessica walk back in with the worst case of panda eyes she’d ever seen. “What’s wrong Jess...?”

     “Nothing’s wrong.” Jessica grinned back at her, not sure why Kirstin was acting so weird all of a sudden.

     “You’ve been cry and your face is a mess.” Kirstin said as she went in her purse and pulled out a small compact mirror for Jessica to look at herself in.

     “I better see about fixing that.” Was all Jessica said as she hummed to herself while making her way over to the restrooms.

    Kirstin was left standing in the middle of the room looking at Jessica walk into the restrooms; she turned to look at Joan to see if she’d got an answer for her.

     “I’ve got nothing.” Joan said with a shrug as she looked at the door Jessica had gone through.

    Jessica set to work on fixing her makeup and she left the restroom to find Kirstin and Joan stood waiting for her. Are you ready to leave?” Jessica asked with a smile.

     “Yes, and you have some explaining to do when we get in the car.” Kirstin said in a whisper as she took Jessica by the hand and led her out the waiting room and back over to Joan’s car.

    Kirstin helped Jessica to get in the front passenger seat before she got in the back and then she slid to the middle of the back seat so she could see Jessica in the front. Joan got in the driver’s side and she turned in her seat to look at Jessica as well.

    I’m not going anywhere until you tell the two of us what happened, and why it looked like you’d had a major melt down in there, and now it looks like you’ve been replaced by a pod person.” Joan said with worry in her voice over the way Jessica was acting all of a sudden.

     “I was never really a man in the first place...” Jessica said as she looked off into space.

     “Is that a good or a bad thing?” Joan asked, but not understanding anything Jessica was saying.

     “I’ve had enough of this...!” Kirstin said as she reached through between the seats and pinched Jessica’s arm as hard as she could.

     “OUCH...!” Jessica screamed as she finally snapped out of her weird mood and started rubbing her arm where Kirstin just pinched her. “What did you do that for?” Jessica scowled.

     “Thank god for that, she’s back with us.” Kirstin said with relief. “Now spill...” Kirstin said looking excited to hear what happened.

     “You hurt me.” Jessica whined as she rubbed her arm.

     “I’ll give you a matching pair if you don’t start talking.” Kirstin warned.

     “Okay, okay.” Jessica said as she put her arms up in surrender. Jessica spent a couple of minutes explaining things to Kirstin and Joan.

     “You could have fooled me.” Kirstin said when Jessica finished her story. “With all the fighting you got into as Jonathon, I’d have said you had a little too much testosterone.”

     “What does all this mean for your transition?” Joan asked, not wanting to step into the landmine that was Jessica’s past.

     “Shelly seems to think I will develop quicker due to me not having as much testosterone as most male to female transgendered.” Jessica was grinning.

     “Is that why you already look so good?” Kirstin asked. “Because you’re not making very much testosterone?”

     “That’s right, and I found out that Chrissy had the same problem, I just hope I look half as good when I’m done.” Jessica’s grin got even bigger.

     “You already look really good Jess.” Kirstin growled, sick of hearing Jessica put herself down all the time.

    I know I look alright in your eyes Kirstin, but I can feel it’s all just fake window dressing.” Jessica sounded in pain as she said it. “I don’t expect you to understand, I don’t understand it myself, but I just know this is the right path for me, but I still have to sit and wait for it all to happen, and I want it all yesterday.”

     “I wish more than anything that I could click my fingers together and make it all right for you, but I can’t and I do feel your pain.” Kirstin said close to tears as she reached through and took hold of Jessica’s hands.

     “I’m with Kirsten on this one sweetie, I to wish I could do more to help you get to where you want to be, but it is going to take time, but you do have a large support group around you to help in any way they can.” Joan smiled.

    Thank you, I love you both so much for that.” Jessica smiled as she tried not to start crying again.

     “Do you want to call in at a pharmacist on the way to the office?” Joan asked when she saw Jessica holding the prescription in her hand.

     “Is a ducks bum water tight...?” Jessica grinned. “Yes please mother.” Jessica added when she saw the raised eyebrow Joan was giving her. “Sorry, but I’m a little excited about it all.”

     “I never would have guessed.” Joan sarcastically said as she turned in her seat and started the car before she put on her seat belt and then waited for Jessica and Kirstin to do the same before she left the car park and made her way to the local ASDA so they could get Jessica’s prescription sorted out.

    Jessica was almost skipping back to the car after getting her prescription sorted. She’d even brought herself a bottle of water so she could take her first pills once she was back in Joan’s car.

     “You do understand that you won’t see a change right away.” Joan said once they were back in the car and Jessica was reading the instructions on the first bottle of pills she pulled out the white paper bag.

     “I know that mother, but I will start to see changes soon enough because I’m finally doing it.” Jessica said just before she unscrewed the top on her water bottle and popped a pill in her mouth before she washed it down with a large gulp of water. Jessica opened the second bottle of pills and did the same before placing the bottles of pills back in the bag and then putting them in her purse for safe keeping.

    Jessica was all smiles as Joan drove back to their home so Kirstin could grab her car and head over to her Aunts to spend some time with her before she had to get to work herself. Jessica went into the house and dropped of her medication in her room before heading back out to Joan’s car so they could get into the office and make a start on their day.

     “I’m not sure what time Mother and I will be done today with getting such a late start.” Jessica said as she looked at her watch and saw that it was almost eleven.

     “I’ve got the evening shift anyway, so I was just going to crash at my Aunts place tonight.” Kirstin said as she wrapped her arms around Jessica’s waist and leaned in for a kiss. “I miss you already.” Kirstin sighed.

     “I know what you mean.” Jessica said just before she stole another kiss.

     “I’m sorry I hurt you earlier when I pinched you, but you were starting to scare me.” Kirstin said as she saw the bruise coming up on Jessica’s arm.

     “I’m sorry about that, but I was just a little freaked out over the whole lack of testosterone.”Jessica smiled.

     “I better let you get going before mother grounds the pair of us.” Kirstin giggled.

     “Some things are worth getting grounded for.” Jessica grinned as she leaned in for another kiss. She was soon breaking it off and running over to Joan’s car when Joan started hitting the horn. “I’ll text you later...!” Jessica shouted just before she got in the car.

     “I’ll be waiting for it...!” Kirstin shouted back with a chuckle as she waved to the back of Joan’s car as it pulled off the drive and headed towards the office where Jessica and Joan worked.

*****

    Dawn was on the phone when Joan and Jessica walked into the building, so they both gave her a quick wave as they made their way through to their part of the building.

     “Good morning Mrs Green, Jessica.” Peter and Doug said as Joan and Jessica walked past them.

     “Douglas, Peter.” Joan smiled as she walked past.

     “Hi Guys.” Jessica smiled as she followed close behind Joan.

    Jessica had still been a little worried about Peter and Doug knowing her secret, but all that had been put to rest when she saw them both smile at her.

     “So... How did it go...?” Debbie asked the minute she saw Jessica and Joan enter the outer office space where Jessica’s desk was.

     “Do you mind if I have a couple of minutes to take my jacket off and sort out a drink for my mother?” Jessica asked as she stepped around Debbie and made her way over to her desk so she could remove her jacket.

     “At least tell me if you got the drugs.” Debbie said with pleading in her voice.

     “You make it sound like I’m some sort of junkie.” Jessica moaned as she made her way into the small kitchen area to make them all a drink.

     “Stop teasing me and tell me if you’re on your way or not.” Debbie growled as she followed Jessica into the kitchen and wrapped her arms around her. “I’m not letting go until you spill it.”

     “Yes I’ve got the drugs, and I’ve already had my first fix.” Jessica grinned as she carried on with Debbie’s drug reference.

     “That’s fantastic Jess...!” Debbie said as she squeezed her a little harder. “How do you feel?”

     “I feel the same as I did before I took them.” Jessica frowned. “I thought you said you’d let me go once I told you what happened.” Jessica asked as she looked down to where Debbie had her arms wrapped around her body.

     “I lied.” Debbie grinned as she looked over Jessica’s shoulder with a goofy grin on her face.

     “Get off me you crazy cow.” Jessica laughed. “Let me get the drinks sorted out, then I will give you all the details while we have a drink.” Jessica added as she set about making a fresh pot of coffee.

    Debbie hung around waiting for Jessica to finish the drinks and then she held the door to Joan’s office open for Jessica to enter with the tray of drinks.

     “Who’s the fourth cup for?” Joan asked when Jessica placed the tray on the coffee table between the two sofas. Before Jessica had time to say anything, there was a knock on the office door just before they saw Dawn poke her head around it. “Come in Dawn.” Joan smiled as she looked at Jessica as to say ‘Smart ass’

     “I hope you don’t mind me popping in Joan, but I was just wondering how Jess got on with the doctor?” Dawn looked nervous.

     “No I don’t mind Dawn, please come and take a seat, that way Jessica can tell the two of you how she got on.” Joan smiled as she relaxed with the cup of coffee Jessica had just given her.

    Jessica sorted out drinks for herself, Debbie and Dawn before she took her seat and then told them about Shelly thinking she was dealing with the wrong person and then how she was actually not producing enough testosterone, and that being the reason she passed as female so easy.

     “I gather the less testosterone is a good thing for your transition?” Debbie asked as she looked at Dawn for an answer more than Joan or Jessica.

     “It’s a really good thing.” Dawn said with a hint of jealousy in her voice. “The female hormones will be able to work wonders on you.” She added with a smile to let Jessica know she was really happy for her.

     “I’m sorry Dawn.” Jessica said with a sigh.

     “Sorry for what?” Dawn looked confused.

     “I’m sorry that I’ll have a much easier time of it than you had.”

     “Don’t be silly Jess.” Dawn looked shocked at the reason for Jessica being sorry. “I’m really happy for you, and yes I wish I’d had that problem, but it doesn’t mean I hate you for having it easier than me.” Dawn said as she slipped over to the sofa Jessica was sat on and she pulled her into a hug. “It’s still going to be pretty hard for you.” Dawn warned.

     “But you do have all of us here to help you deal with whatever might come up.” Joan smiled as she took hold of Jessica’s hand and gave it a squeeze.

     “And with a nickname like Scrappy Doo, we already know you’re a fighter.” Dawn smirked.

     “What’s this...?” Debbie grinned.

     “That is not my nickname.” Jessica growled as she looked at Dawn with daggers in her eyes.

     “Please tell... Please tell...” Debbie pleaded with Dawn to spill the beans on Jessica’s nickname.

     “You know how we went out with Peter and Doug last night, well it turns out that Doug’s boyfriend went to school with Jessica.” Dawn started to explain.

     “He went to school with Jonathon, not me.” Jessica tried to argue.

     “Now you’re just being picky.” Dawn said as she waved off Jessica’s complaints. “It was still you he went to school with.” Dawn frowned.

     “So where did Jonathon get the nickname Scrappy Doo from?” Debbie asked.

     “Samuel told us that young Jonathon was always picking fights with the other boys to try and prove he was a fighter, even if he was a little on the small side.” Dawn explained.

     “Did you ever win any of them?” Debbie asked as she looked at Jessica.

    Jessica was just about to tell them it wasn’t her, but she realised it was a waste of time trying to make out it was someone else when she remembered every little fight she lost as Jonathon. “No... I never won any of them.” Jessica sounded defeated as she said it.

     “Samuel got himself kicked off the football team after he broke a boy’s leg.” Dawn sounded impressed as she started to explain. “The boy was going to be fighting Jonathon later in the day, and Samuel said the boy was going to really hurt Jonathon, so he did a bad tackle and broke the boy’s leg.”

     “Why would he do something like that for a boy he hardly knew?” Debbie asked.

     “Samuel thought Jonathon might have been gay like him, and he wanted to stand up for him.” Dawn smiled.

     “No one would fight with me after that day.” Jessica mumbled as she got to her feet and started to clear away the cups so they could get to work.

     “Jess...? You alright?” Dawn asked.

     “I’m fine.” Jessica replied as she walked away with the tray and left the room.

     “Do you think I overstepped a mark just now?” Dawn sounded worried as she looked at Debbie and Joan.

     “She’s still a little touchy about her past and who she use to be.” Joan sighed. “Give her a little time and she’ll snap out of it.”

     “I’m sorry; I was only having a little bit of fun with her.” Dawn said as she got to her feet. “I’ll head back out to reception.” Dawn added as she made her way over to the office door and left the room. Dawn could see Jessica in the kitchen washing the cups, but she thought it best to let her cool down before she said how sorry she was for upsetting her.

*****

    Jessica got stuck into the work and she was soon too busy to think about her old life and all the trouble she’d gotten into. She actually found herself smiling as she thought about some of the stuff she got up to as Jonathon, and how stupid it was now she thought about it.

    With starting work so late, Joan had told Jessica to order some food to be delivered so they could carry on working while they ate. Jessica wandered out to reception to see if Dawn wanted to join them, but there was no sign of Dawn or Peter, and Doug was sat at reception.

     “Hi Doug, where’s Dawn?” Jessica asked when she got to the desk. Jessica was worried that Dawn might have left, thinking Jessica was really upset with her over what happened earlier.

     “Dawn was upset about something, so Peter took her out for a spot of lunch to see if he could find out what had happened.” Doug said. “Do you have any idea what might be wrong?” Doug asked.

     “Yes, I think it was me that upset her.” Jessica admitted as she hung her head in shame.

     “What happened?” Doug asked.

     “Dawn was telling Joan and Debbie about my nickname from school, and I got a bag on over it.” Jessica mumbled.

     “Samuel told me you had a pretty rough time of it at school, but you can’t let the things from the past affect your future kiddo.” Doug smiled as he made Jessica look him in the eyes. “Dawn is a good friend, and she would never say anything to hurt you, she was just sharing a fun tit bit from your past with some of your other friends.” Doug shrugged.

     “But I’m not that person anymore.” Jessica whined.

     “No one is saying you are, but we all have memories of stupid things we did as kids, you just need to learn how to share them in a way that leaves you feeling foolish like they should.” Doug smiled.

     “How are things with you and Sam?” Jessica asked, hoping to change the subject a little.

     “We’re fine again now; I was just being a green eyed bitch.” Doug said in an overly camp manner which made Jessica giggle. “I think I actually fell in love with him a little more when he told me what he’d done to help out Jonathan.” Doug grinned.

     “I had no idea he’d done that for me, I just found it a little odd that no one bothered me after that happened.” Jessica was thinking back to her school days as Jonathon.

     “He didn’t do it for the thanks Jessica; he saw that he could help out someone like him who needed the help”. Doug sounded proud of Samuel as he spoke about his lover.

    Jessica looked at her watch and realised she’d been stood talking with Doug for nearly ten minutes. “I better get back and place the lunch order before Joan comes looking for my backside.” Jessica said as she spun on her heels and started making her way back to her office.

     “She could find a worse backside to nibble on...!” Doug shouted with a chuckle.

     “Just remember that I do have Samuel’s phone number...!” Jessica shouted back over her shoulder.

     “You wouldn’t do a thing like that to me would you...?” Doug asked in a hurt tone.

     “Just try me buster...!” Jessica grinned as she looked over her shoulder at Doug just before she vanished out of sight.

     “Did you get Dawn’s lunch order?” Debbie asked when Jessica returned to the office.

     “She’s gone out for lunch with Peter.” Jessica said as she sat down at her desk and picked up the phone to place their lunch order. Jessica left out the part about Dawn being upset with her.

    The food arrived and the three of them ate while they worked. Jessica wandered out to try and talk with Dawn a couple of times, but she was busy both times so she went back and carried on filing the paperwork Joan had asked her to sort out. Jessica was in a world of her own when she felt a hand rest on her shoulder making her almost jump out her skin. Jessica spun her chair around to find Dawn stood there looking sorry for making her jump.

     “I’m so sorry Jess, I did call you, but you were someplace else.” Dawn tried to explain.

     “Don’t worry about it.” Jessica said as she tried to slow her heart down before it burst out her chest like a scene from the Alien movie.

     “I saw you wander out to see me a couple of times, and I was just wondering if you needed me for anything.” Dawn looked hopeful.

     “I just wanted to say sorry for being such a bitch to you this morning.” Jessica pouted. “I need to learn not to take things to heart.” She admitted.

     “I’m the one that should be sorry for carrying on after I saw that you didn’t want me talking about your past.” Dawn argued it being her fault and not Jessica’s. “I just thought it was a cute nickname that would have suited you as Jessica as well as Jonathon.” Dawn added with a smile.

     “I’ve never looked at it that way before, but it is kind of cute.” Jessica chuckled. “Now I really do feel like a bitch for this morning.” Jessica pouted even more.

     “Let’s just blame that little outburst on the hormones shall we.” Dawn said as she pulled Jessica to her feet and wrapped her in a hug.

     “I don’t think they work quite that fast.” Jessica mumbled with her face buried in Dawn’s shoulder.

     “Shut up and except the excuse.” Dawn said as she playfully slapped Jessica on the arm.

     “How was lunch with Peter?” Jessica asked when they broke the hug.

     “It was nice, but he wanted to know what was wrong with me.” Dawn rolled her eyes. “He was worried I was having second thoughts about going to see a movie with him this evening. Why do guys always think everything is about them?” Dawn added in a bitchy tone which made Jessica giggle.

     “I have no idea how the male mind works.” Jessica said with a shake of her head.

     “Me neither.” Dawn agreed. “I mean how can you not want to go shopping for new shoes every other day?” Dawn sounded shocked as she said it.

    Jessica wanted to reply, but she was now back in her seat laughing so hard it was making her sides ache.

    Joan and Debbie came out of Joan’s office and smiled when they saw the two of them laughing at something they were talking about. Joan was glad Dawn wasn’t upset anymore, and Jessica was over her mood as well. Joan was a little worried she might need to get Jessica some oxygen if she didn’t calm down soon thou.

     “I better get back to reception” Dawn managed to gasp out when she saw Joan and Debbie looking at the two of them.

    Jessica looked over to where Dawn had been looking and saw Joan and Debbie frowning at her. Jessica turned back to tell Dawn not to worry, but Dawn was already vanishing around the corner.

     “I’m sorry if we disturbed you mother.” Jessica said as she sat up in her seat and straightened up her blouse before she carried on sorting out the papers she’d been working on before Dawn came in and almost scared the life out of her.

     “I don’t mind sweetie.” Joan said with a wave of her arm to let Jessica know she was being silly. “I’m just happy to see you and Dawn laughing together again.” She added as she walked over to the desk and stroked the side of Jessica’s face.

     “I’m sorry about this morning mother.” Jessica said with shame in her voice. “I know I was being foolish acting the way I did.” She admitted.

     “I know you’re sorry Jessica.” Joan sighed as she stepped around the desk and pulled Jessica’s head into her tummy while she hugged her. Jessica wrapped her arms around Joan’s waist and rested the side of her head against Joan’s tummy and let out a sigh. “I think you were just reacting the way the old you would have when you thought someone was making fun of you.” Joan added as she softly stroked the back of Jessica’s head.

     “I guess I do still have a long way to go.” Jessica said with a heavy sigh.

     “You have a very long way to go sweetie.” Joan agreed. “But you are learning, because it only took you a couple of hours to get over it and start laughing with Dawn again.” Joan added sounding proud of Jessica for that. “Now we have all that sorted out, go and sort out a drink for us all, so we can dip into my secret stash of cookies.” Joan ordered as she stepped back and helped Jessica get to her feet.

     “Yes ma’am...” Jessica said as she snapped Joan a salute before she ran off into the kitchen to sort out the drinks.

     “You’ve really got her well trained.” Debbie grinned.

    Joan just smiled as she led Debbie back into her office so they could carry on discussing the case they were working on while they waited for Jessica to bring them their drinks.

 

To Be Continued Next Monday  GRIN

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK

    EDITORS NOTE: Please Comment and/or leave Kudos and let Sara know you like her work please, Any comments on spelling, grammar or the layout of the story please PM me “Samanthak” not Sara. Thank you

    Authors Note: Cathy, Jane and all the others that Jessica and Joan meet while down in London, are all characters I wrote about in my; You Have it all Wrong series. Even though you don’t hear about Jane’s story until book four ‘You have it all Wrong Four, the Kids Story’ the time line for this story is set between book three and book four. So to find out more about Chrissy, Amy and Cathy, and how they all became the women they are in this story, you will need to go back and read them.

    Hugs

    SaraUK

up
196 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Classic TS conundrum

How much do you think you need to change in habits and behavior that you happen to like to 'fit', post-transition?

To some extent, it is important to do so, depending on how comfortable you are with female norms in your society but as a feminist, I feel we should have to have a little more flexibility in our choices.

Does happy dance!

I am very glad to see this great story continued after such a long hiatus

We the willing, led by the unsure. Have been doing so much with so little for so long,
We are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Continued bonding

Jamie Lee's picture

Someone has been feeding too much sugar. But it seems to have worn off after taking her pills.

That Dawn felt bad about bringing up Jessica's past, meaning only to tease her, shows she values Jessica as a friend.

That Peter recognized Dawn's anguish, shows he really cares about Dawn.

That both Dawn and Jessica felt bad how they treated each other shows they care deeply for each other.

And what Doug told Jessica, he becomes the fourth in these four bonding as good friends.

Others have feelings too.